Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
But everything in the american section tastes like crumbly dust with sugar. It probably doesn't help that the section is basically months old peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and assorted chocolate bars. I tried some peanut butter and jam in a jar together thing, it's what I imagine diabetes tastes like.

Does the UK section over there taste like old overbrewed tea and bitter, bitter disappointment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Does the UK section over there taste like old overbrewed tea and bitter, bitter disappointment?

It had better have Marmite. :colbert:

hazza has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Oct 27, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

hazza posted:

It had better have Marmite. :colbert:

How the hell? I grew up with that stuff and love it, but if that much ever touched my lips at once I'd die from shock.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

How the hell? I grew up with that stuff and love it, but if that much ever touched my lips at once I'd die from shock.

Lips don't have taste buds.

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
Note the miniature rugby kit, that kid's probably Australian. That's pretty normal for them.

:britain:

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Note the miniature rugby kit, that kid's probably Australian.

Or Welsh!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jerry Cotton posted:

Lips don't have taste buds.

Your cleverness doesn't even work here because Marmite is ridiculously high in sodium anyway and will dry and chap your lips nearly instantly.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Note the miniature rugby kit, that kid's probably Australian. That's pretty normal for them.

Nah a real Aussie kid would have Vegemite.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

Your cleverness doesn't even work here because Marmite is ridiculously high in sodium anyway and will dry and chap your lips nearly instantly.

This kills the child.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
And this is the face you pull if you've never had it before

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

Australian Marmite is a completely different thing to English Marmite, or so I've been told.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fast_Food_Knight posted:

But everything in the american section tastes like crumbly dust with sugar. It probably doesn't help that the section is basically months old peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and assorted chocolate bars. I tried some peanut butter and jam in a jar together thing, it's what I imagine diabetes tastes like.

The UK section is almost entirely candy, occasionally there will be a tiny vial of vegimite or marmite. It's all the same foul spread to us, so we don't care.

Also, people actually eat Fluff? I occasionally see it at the supermarket but have never known anyone who has eaten more than once on a lark.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Gyges posted:

Also, people actually eat Fluff? I occasionally see it at the supermarket but have never known anyone who has eaten more than once on a lark.

It's used in desserts, lazy man smores, and the occasional penut butter and fluff sandwich mostly. I've never seen anyone straight up eat it.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah my local store has a UK section filled with gross crap like vegemite and brown sauce. I do applaud y'all for making lion bars, though.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hey. Hey. Nobody talks poo poo about the brown, that is Good Sauce.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Miranda posted:

Nah a real Aussie kid would have Vegemite.

I remember stories of an advertising company from Oz branching to America, and they sent small packets of Vegemite to several hundred US companies they were trying to woo. The cover letters read something like, "We got 20 million people to love this. Imagine what we can do for your products."

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Gyges posted:

The UK section is almost entirely candy, occasionally there will be a tiny vial of vegimite or marmite. It's all the same foul spread to us, so we don't care.

We have a festival devoted to it.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Roblo posted:

When i visited the states from the UK they had 'ethnic' sections full of english food in just the same way. Its nothing unusual.

Well yeah but we're the rulers of the world, why would we be relegated to an "ethnic" section?

Fluff can be good on a peanut butter sandwich.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

I used it. Nothing happened.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's the ugliest loving duck I've ever seen

A Snookie reference felt like it was overreaching.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I am an American and fluff is mind bogglingly disgusting. I don't know anyone who uses it, owns it, or eats it.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
That's long enough of a food derail.

If it's one thing that I've learned from the PYF Whatever thread, it is that people will talk about food forever.

RagingTaco
Oct 21, 2008

No thanks, I don't like eggs.
What?
Eggs are your favorite!
Okay, then give me lots of eggs.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Travic posted:

I used it. Nothing happened.

Barq's Rootbeer didn't get a customer despite their excellent marketing campaign.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thought he was flipping the bird for a second. However, now that I know what he is actually doing I am not let down.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Soulex posted:

Thought he was flipping the bird for a second. However, now that I know what he is actually doing I am not let down.

Gotta do what you can to provide a proper test for horizontal gaze nystagmus.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

That's ruddha on the right about to be probated.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I spotted this on a prominently located shelf in a downtown DC bookstore

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

tacodaemon posted:

I spotted this on a prominently located shelf in a downtown DC bookstore

I knew it was gonna be by that guy, as soon as I saw the title. God he's horrible.

This is actually from one of his anime books (it looks like there are now several).

I wanted to make sure this one wasn't a parody of his crap. I checked and it's sold at Barnes and Noble.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
I googled the author hoping to find more horrible stuff and although he just seems to be your standard "How To Draw" author I did find this fantastic review:

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I hope she downloaded the app that waterproofs her computer. :ohdear:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I was gonna say that it's fine, then I realized it wasn't a Pantech P4100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Hey, what sexy costumes can we do this year?"
"Sexy disney giant monster?"

• Locked thread