Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BGrifter posted:

Got up to 2nd in my bracket with four hours remaining and got a severe case of "meh, whatever". I'll probably miss out on whatever the good reward card is. At least I got the Cap cover at 800 points.

That blue Captain America cover is what I was aiming for, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm sitting at #1 right now in my bracket at 928 tokens, next highest is 888 and then 838 below him. I figure I've got five to ten minutes before I have to fight my way back up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Marvel Puzzle Quest. 'I went to the bathroom and dropped 5 spots and a no 2'

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Emron posted:

I'm sitting at #1 right now in my bracket at 928 tokens, next highest is 888 and then 838 below him. I figure I've got five to ten minutes before I have to fight my way back up.

My group is pretty brutal. I'm at 910 (just got beat for 24) and i'm at 5th place. Highest is 995.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
My brackets are oddly very chill and have low scores and people that don't seem to play much.

The Arena's #1 was at 400 points when I started playing a couple of hours ago.

Same for the Red ISO event, just by playing everything I got into the top 15, the current #1 has 500 points.

It's a weird contrast compared to here and the dev's forums where I see people talk about having scores of 1000.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp, I've exhausted my heals and pool of available heroes so I'll just have to wait til the end.

I mean I have some gold but I feel if I start buying heals it will start something I cannot stop.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I was at 1 until about eight minutes left, during which time two dudes got ~80-90 points each and took the lead. I think I ended up #3. When do we find out? My event switched over but I didn't receive anything.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Waiting until the last couple of hours and spamming "skip" really works, I went from #70 to #6. Out of heals now so we'll see where I end up.

e: welp, down to #8

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I think I ended in first by 3. Haven't been in a tournament before, how quickly do we see results?

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I finished in 5th and got two Ms. Marvel Covers. never stressing like again. She's the 500 point reward in the weekly event that just started for fucks sake!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got a Ms Marvel with red and purple! :woop:

Red's a damage by number of red tiles ON THE BOARD. Purple swaps 3 tile locations. Black turns a timer from the enemy to your own team's control. :stare:

Holy poo poo I wish I had that black power.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Not sure how I was supposed to come in first or second place, I was getting attacked so fast that there was no way I could keep my score up high enough at the end. At least I managed to get two covers of moonstone though!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

I got a Ms Marvel with red and purple! :woop:

Red's a damage by number of red tiles ON THE BOARD. Purple swaps 3 tile locations. Black turns a timer from the enemy to your own team's control. :stare:

Holy poo poo I wish I had that black power.

I got that one too, though purple doesn't seem all that useful. Red, on the other hand :getin:

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Got 8th in my bracket with 822 points, that was an hour of sweating but skip spamming really paid off, got several teams with no members over 15 worth 26+ points multiple times.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Whoa, I totally lucked into being a top 2 finisher at the last minute (I think I had like 820-ish points, is there a way to see that?). However, I accidentally wasted my hero points by clicking recruit heroes in the new PVP and got yelena. Ugh, wasted 150 coins, I sold her.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

It's amazing how fast you can get points when you intentionally trigger their classic Storm so yours can wipe the majority of the team. Managed to net 90 points in eight minutes. Enough to move up to the 3-10 bracket from 25th or so.

(Never be the first Storm triggered unless yours will wipe theirs - since it's an AoE, their single hit from their Storm will trigger two hits from your Storm.)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Well, I got 5th with 898 points. I went over 900 at one point but dropped back down below 900 so fast the game didn't register it and give me my bonus 1000 iso-8.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, dont throw coins at the cover slot machine. Throw it at cover collection spaces.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, dont throw coins at the cover slot machine. Throw it at cover collection spaces.
I know! It was a mis-click and it didn't ask to confirm or anything.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah I think I'm pretty much done with PVP. Was 2nd place with three hours remaining, went to get a bite to eat, dropped 142 points and fell into the top 50. The PVP isn't difficult, it's trivial to skip till you find an easy target worth a goofy amount of points and obliterate them, but it is mindnumbingly dull farming points/losing them almost as fast as you accrue them.

Maybe they'll find a way to turn the PVP a little more interesting in the future.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The 200 player brackets are still far better than the superbrackets.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

How are defensive teams selected anyway? I fought against a couple of top ten players with sub-20 level toons, no idea how that's possible.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

The 200 player brackets are still far better than the superbrackets.

Yeah the smaller brackets help a bit. I was able to grind out a good reward in the last one, I just can't work up the enthusiasm to grind that hard at the end to maintain rank. Maybe if the matches were more interesting, but it's just hitting skip till I find something trivial that gives more points than it should. There isn't any incentive to take a challenging/interesting battle.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

The worst part of it imo is that almost nothing you do before the last ~2 hours of a tournament like this matters at all. All these weekend tournaments end when I'm at work so I can't really keep up very well.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

seravid posted:

How are defensive teams selected anyway? I fought against a couple of top ten players with sub-20 level toons, no idea how that's possible.

Mandatory characters. I finished top 2 (I think I won) with 852. The arena required that you use either Cap or Black Widow, neither of which were leveled above their default levels for me. Luckily classic spider-man blue and yellow, when combined with the massive hitpoint pool and damage output (but frustratingly low utility) of my lucky draw of four-star Wolverines from the slot machine, were enough to beat out my particularly weak bracket. Of course I only had one free cover space when I won so I can't access the other two Moonstar covers from my cache yet unless I junk someone I already have. Spider-Bag-Man seems like the most likely candidate if I don't get any coins within the next couple of days.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

seravid posted:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=242

Postby IceIX » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:51 am
Your defending team is the last team used in that Event. You have a different defending team per Event.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got awarded Yelena Belova and it filled up my only empty slot. Then I try to get some more coins and get a storm cover which it won't let me use to train with while it's in the cache.

If anyone is starting out, save your coins for later.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

JHVH-1 posted:

I got awarded Yelena Belova and it filled up my only empty slot. Then I try to get some more coins and get a storm cover which it won't let me use to train with while it's in the cache.

If anyone is starting out, save your coins for later.

Sell Yelena Belova she blows. Well I dislike her but what ever.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
This Dark Avengers event blows, I sold all my Dark Avengers except for Daken. Why would you ever keep Venom/Yelena around?

If you have any Dark Avengers at all just get the 50pts for the Heroic Token. I hate how Bag-Man keeps showing up on my rolls though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eddain posted:

This Dark Avengers event blows, I sold all my Dark Avengers except for Daken. Why would you ever keep Venom/Yelena around?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Yeah but how did you manage to get enough Venom covers and ISO to even max him out?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just got a lot of Venom covers through play. I havent maxed him out though, that's a shot of an enemy venom.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Eddain posted:

Yeah but how did you manage to get enough Venom covers and ISO to even max him out?

I'll get enough covers when I get the 275 progression rank this event. I am excited. However, he is only at level 16, so I have a ways to go on ISO.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 28, 2013

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Venom is a frequent drop for me too; before this event I'd never used the guy but he's at 5/2.

The heroic token got me classic Spidey purple. "Spider-Man reacts to threats before they impact his team. Removes a random enemy Special tile every time Spider-Man is damaged for 10% of his max health with 7 or more Web tiles in play."

What the hell?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I realize I only have two dark avengers, Ms Marvel and Venom. Hopefully there will be people with even fewer that I can beat up.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, it's a weird skill. It's really bloody hard to get 5 web tiles in play just for Devour, but keeping 7 in play just so that if someone does gets a streak it removes a single special tile? Impossible.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well this dark avenger event is going to be tough. I only got level 13 daken, 11 yelena, and 3 venom. However the heroic token got my last Thor cover I needed. 5 red, 5 yellow, 3 green :getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah, this Dark Avengers event is great. Even though I've only got two DAs, they're levelled and are wiping the floor with solo level 1-2 Yelenas, Venoms and Dakens. :haw:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My lvl 6 Daken got 130pts just from hunting down lvl 1 Yelenas/Venoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Eddain posted:

My lvl 6 Daken got 130pts just from hunting down lvl 1 Yelenas/Venoms.

Nice.
After 2 boring-as-hell fights with my lvl 9 Daken (with only the passive power) I got my recruit token, I think I'm done with the event. Hope people have fun farming me...

Edit: Thor from the token. Yay!