Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Skaw posted:

Yeah, same thing has happened to my jungle and it's the worst. It's irreparable since all the mud within range of crimstone becomes dirt over time from its spreading effects, effectively destroying the jungle. Really need a Clentaminator solution that turns crimson/corruption/hallow stone types back to regular stone and converts dirt to mud.

Killing Plantera essentially turns crimson/hallow spread to 0, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The only solution I can think of is to wall off the Jungle with a 4-5 block thick barrier made out of uncorruptable blocks. That would take alot of time, effort, and blocks.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
What I would do is preemptively seed the outside of the jungle with hallow blocks before hardmode starts so the crimson can't reach it. This however depends on having access to those blocks before then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

padijun posted:

Can you show a picture of the wiring/setup? How do you use pressure plates without mobs stepping on them?

And yeah, use Grey Pressure Plates, they only work if players touch them.

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.
Is there a functional difference between the different types of double jump bottles? What about the things they craft into? I've heard that a Blizzard in a Balloon is better than a Cloud in a Balloon but I haven't found anything to confirm if a White Horseshoe balloon is better than a blue one.

whiteshark12 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 27, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

whiteshark12 posted:

Is there a functional difference between the different types of double jump bottles? Ehat about the things they craft into? I've heard that a Blizzard in a Balloon is better than a Cloud in a Balloon but I haven't found anything to confirm if a White Horseshoe balloon is better than a blue one.
Save all your ___ in a Bottle. Get one of each type, combine each with a Red Balloon, you'll get a Bundle of Balloons, which allows you to quadruple-jump.

For the record, Sandstorm in a bottle is the best by a slight margin.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

But Fart in a Jar makes fart noises when you jump. :colbert:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
I couldn't get a bundle of balloons (before wings) to be any better than just a sandstorm. The cloud in a balloon jump is such a giant pile of inertia-loving garbage that you spend like two seconds regaining your velocity and that's pretty much your entire rocket boot jump.

Sandstorm is better than blizzard which is better than cloud. Just combine one (sandstorm) with a horseshoe and call it a day.

Also enjoy scouring a dozen worlds for a single loving pyramid in hopes that you get a sandstorm! woo!

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 27, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, but Bundle WITH Wings makes searching for floating islands in new worlds so EASY!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

The Leper Colon V posted:

Yeah, but Bundle WITH Wings makes searching for floating islands in new worlds so EASY!

Does it actually give considerably more flight? I figured you get the single balloon flight bonus + two more jumps

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

poo poo, they're learning camouflage.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Starhawk64 posted:

The only solution I can think of is to wall off the Jungle with a 4-5 block thick barrier made out of uncorruptable blocks. That would take alot of time, effort, and blocks.

Or around 150 bombs. :v:

If you don't care to leave the hellevator open you can build a house over top of it or just plug the top of it with clay or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Verviticus posted:

Does it actually give considerably more flight? I figured you get the single balloon flight bonus + two more jumps

With Sandstorm/Blizzard/Cloud Balloon + Wings it'll just add the jump height of the balloon to your flight, you won't get another jump. Ditto with Lightning Boots. I'm not sure if having both a Balloon and Lightning boots with Wings would stack or not. I just use Lightning boots, the amount of flight you get with that is more than enough.

Starhawk64 posted:

Nah, you don't need more than a 3 block wide wall. You can even leave the middle empty to save on blocks. Just make the wall high enough so that corruption/jungle thorns can't get over it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Verviticus posted:

It's enough to hit the "can see the flying islands" level on a Small map, jumping from 0 or better elevation

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Best way to decorate is just adding huge-rear end windows for no real reason. :v:

Also this game has brought out my inner :spergin: because I can't stop making everything symmetrical :negative:

As nice as that is, if you think that it's symmetrical, you are merely a semi-:spergin:

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Still a work in progress, but you better believe I got the cockpit sorted out straightaway. After all, the shield will be down in moments.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Missed opportunity to not make that in a snow biome.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

RatHat posted:

Missed opportunity to not make that in a snow biome.

Dammit you're right! Maybe I'll make a Snowspeeder in that. I do want to make a Star Destroyer in low orbit first though.

Edit: Is it just me, or is the toolbelt useless? Maybe I'm using it wrong, I have it equipped in an accessory slot and don't notice the ability to place blocks any further - testing with it on and off.

Edit 2: Okay, it doesn't work on walls, just blocks. And it increases range by 1 entire pixel. Wow. Wish I had some kind of gravity gun for building like Starbound is going to implement.

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 28, 2013

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Redigit missed a trick with not letting you make a spectre toolbelt, to go with the pickaxe and hamaxe. Would've been much more worth making than the spectre paintbrush and the like.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Kyrosiris posted:

Man, Actuators are the neatest loving thing. I love that I can make zombie-proof, supermarket-style doors with basically three actuators, two pressure plates, and whatever block looks good. I'm using them on every exterior door now.
Use frozen slime to make Metroid doors.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jackard posted:

gently caress that's cool.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Holy poo poo, the corruption spreads fast in hard mode.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jackard posted:

... Frozen slime?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Jackard posted:

I was using regular slime but holy poo poo that looks cash.

Zereth posted:

... Frozen slime?

1 Slime Block + 1 Ice Block in the Solidifier.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

What brick is above and below the frozen slime?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Looks to me like Silver or maybe Platinum Brick.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Verviticus posted:

Definitely silver brick.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Did anyone still need some legitimate items?

I ave some stuff I'm looking for, but I don't wanna just hack them in. I'd rather do some kind of trade (or at least a simulated trade).

Some things I have that might be of interest
-Two full sets of Pink Dye, as well as a set of Pink + Silver, a set of Red + Black.
-Spare Queen Bee and Eye of Cthulhu trophies
-Bee Pants, Mummy Pants, Wizard's Hat, Pharoah's Robe/Mask, Jungle Robe, Raincoat + Hat, Plumber's Shirt, Ninja Shirt
-The following Halloween Costumes: Vampire, Unicorn, Bride of Frankenstein, Treasure Hunter, Pumpkin, Cat (w/ Mask OR Ears), Leprechaun, Reaper
-A stack of Cloud, a stack of Sunplate, a stack of Disc Wall, 100 Rainbow Brick
-Broken Bat Wing, Giant Harpy Feather

I'm mostly looking for status-removing trinkets for my Ankh Charm, but I'm open to other offers.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 28, 2013

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Half-Snowball Fort

Its good to be king.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Did anyone still need some legitimate items?

I ave some stuff I'm looking for, but I don't wanna just hack them in. I'd rather do some kind of trade (or at least a simulated trade).

Some things I have that might be of interest
-Two full sets of Pink Dye, as well as a set of Pink + Silver, a set of Red + Black.
-Spare Queen Bee and Eye of Cthulhu trophies
-Bee Pants, Mummy Pants, Wizard's Hat, Pharoah's Robe/Mask, Jungle Robe, Raincoat + Hat, Plumber's Shirt, Ninja Shirt
-The following Halloween Costumes: Vampire, Unicorn, Bride of Frankenstein, Treasure Hunter, Pumpkin, Cat (w/ Mask OR Ears), Leprechaun, Reaper
-A stack of Cloud, a stack of Sunplate, a stack of Disc Wall, 100 Rainbow Brick
-Broken Bat Wing, Giant Harpy Feather

I'm mostly looking for status-removing trinkets for my Ankh Charm, but I'm open to other offers.

Specifically what things are you looking for?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RatHat posted:

Specifically what things are you looking for?
In alphabetical order...
-Adhesive Bandage
-Armor Polish
-Bezoar
-Blindfold
-Fast Clock
-Megaphone
-Nazar
-Vitamins

I have like eight obsidian shields, and a Trifold map already.

I'd also like a Lava Charm, but that's secondary.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

In alphabetical order...
-Adhesive Bandage
-Armor Polish
-Bezoar
-Blindfold
-Fast Clock
-Megaphone
-Nazar
-Vitamins

I have like eight obsidian shields, and a Trifold map already.

I'd also like a Lava Charm, but that's secondary.

I have vitamins, megaphone, bezoar, fast clock, and armor polish so if you're interested just add me on steam.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Klayboxx posted:

I have vitamins, megaphone, bezoar, fast clock, and armor polish so if you're interested just add me on steam.
Invitation sent.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I have an Adhesive Bandage. Give me an Invite on Steam and I'll get back to you sometime tommorow.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

RatHat posted:

I have an Adhesive Bandage. Give me an Invite on Steam and I'll get back to you sometime tommorow.
Added. Already gave away the trophies, FWIW.

But add "Space Creature" to the list of available costumes.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 28, 2013

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Verviticus posted:

Yea, it's Silver Brick.

Also, Frozen Slime doesn't meld with other blocks like Slime does so you can do stuff like this:

1.2 melding is useful for natural tiles like snow and ice, but tends to look pretty ugly with bricks.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Get your Mushroom Spear. That poo poo will carry you through the whole of hardmode if you let it.

Then, go into your snow biome, and start hunting the guys with the eyelasers. The spear can hit them through walls, so abuse this. Do this until you have an Ice Feather, and a full set of Frost Armor. Frost Armor is better than the first two tiers of Hardmode ore, and arguably than the third, too, depending on your build. From there, hang out on your flying island until you kill enough Wyverns to get 20 souls of flight. Make Frost Wings, if you have a Mythril Anvil. Get one, if you don't.

This is from Friday, but thanks for this. Mushroom spear and frost armor tided me over until I got golden shower and killed Destroyer, and that enabled me to get full chlorophyte armor.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fishstick posted:

This is from Friday, but thanks for this. Mushroom spear and frost armor tided me over until I got golden shower and killed Destroyer, and that enabled me to get full chlorophyte armor.
Glad to help. I still rock Frost Armor whenever I'm using Venom Vials, because Frostburn DoT + Fire DoT + Defense Drop (GS) + Venom = Lots of numbers.

Edit It turns you into a glass cannon and has about 2/3s the defense of Tortoise Shell Armor, but oh man is it satisfying.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 28, 2013

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Are minion builds suitable for late game shenanigans, Halloween, Frost Legion and the like?

I'm usually well into having loads of little fellas doing my bidding, but I've not really hasd any luck getting relevant items, armor and the like.

If it's actually a viable route, I'd make the effort, but I hardly ever hear people mention such builds, so I'm concerned that it's maybe a bit of a gimmick.

-fake edit-
I just watched a video of a load of pygmies flying around, and boy are they cute and kind of deadly, as they owned pre-hardmode bosses, I just wonder how they'd fare against Golem or a fuckload of Pumpkings.

Hmmm, actually, how do they work?
Do you pop them and then switch out to another weapon (like with my frost turret thing) as they go about their business, or do you have to have the staff selected??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I feel as though I've scoured every inch of the underground jungle three times over and I still cannot find a Nature's Gift. I just want to autochug mana potions, that's all!

• Locked thread