Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
His mission is to be a massive old fat corrupt oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lamont Cranston posted:

So how long before Blatter just has himself declared President For Life?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24634466

Didn't the lying shitbag only get elected in 2011 because he promised it'd be his last term and he just wanted a couple more years to "finish what he started"?

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

His mission is to be a massive old fat corrupt oval office.

He finished that mission ages ago.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

He's doing it for the family

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
How long until Blatter retires the position of president and declares himself the Eternal President and has pictures of his face put in every football ground in the world?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm surprised Ken Bates has never had a crack at running for FIFA president it seems right up his street

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
FIFA hate the English. Going for IFAB leadership might have worked though

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
The mission is to continue taking all the money before FIFA is consumed when the power vacuum leads to civil war.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The God-Emperor of Football.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Kurtofan posted:

The God-Emperor of Football.

He's got the bloated disgusting worm bit down and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he were vulnerable to water as well

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Spokesman for black people everywhere Yaya Toure says that black players might boycott Russia 2018. Thats going to hit African teams hard, and mildly improve the USMNT.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Glorious Eternal God Emperor Blater has a nice ring to it. "The GEGE said today...."

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FIFA's Foremost, Unquestionable, and Continuous King of Everything Rational

Sepp Blatter: The FUCKER

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 26, 2013

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

Sepp Blatter: The FUCKER

That is inspired!

:getin:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

Sepp Blatter at the Oxford Union: "There are not many names the media haven't thrown at me in the last few years. I would be lying to you if I said it did not hurt. You ask yourself: 'What have I done?'"
Yep.

Also from The Guardian, "Brazil's government is investigating whether Fifa's accommodation agency Match – co-owned by Sepp Blatter's nephew's firm – used "cartel" practices to fix hotel prices, with some rates raised 500%. Match deny wrongdoing."

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Platini wants a 40 team world cup and Blatter wants less European places

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Blue Screen Error posted:

Platini wants a 40 team world cup and Blatter wants less European places

I want both of these to happen

Imagine a USA, Australia, Korea, and Qatar group of death

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Modus Trollens posted:

I want both of these to happen

Imagine a USA, Australia, Korea, and Qatar group of death

It will be a group of heat death due to being played in the Saudi Summer.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The World Cup hasn't been to Antarctica yet. It's only a matter of time before Winter World Cup Antarctica 2026, when suddenly two years after voting everyone will become concerned about the cold.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
The funny part is, a World Cup in Antartica is far more feasible than one in Qatar. It would still cost fucktons of money, but with powerful enough under-soil heating, along with high-powered halogen heaters at pitchside and in the stands, you could probably make conditions nicer than they are in St James Park on boxing day tbh.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Popehoist posted:

The funny part is, a World Cup in Antartica is far more feasible than one in Qatar. It would still cost fucktons of money, but with powerful enough under-soil heating, along with high-powered halogen heaters at pitchside and in the stands, you could probably make conditions nicer than they are in St James Park on boxing day tbh.

You could probably just go whole hog and do indoors stadiums (with roofs on most modern stadiums now I can't see FIFA having a problem with it), and seeing as artificial turf is allowed in UEFA competitions there's no need to have undersoil heating. It'd be about as close you could get to having a "neutral" world cup.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Antarctica would be a good shout if they moved to 40 teams because if you held it in the Antarctic summer you could play games 24 hours a day without artificial lighting.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
FIFA would never hold the World Cup in Antarctica as penguins have not discovered a way to pay bribes.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
So a 40-team World Cup would still go straight from the group stage to a round of 16, right? Christ, this will suck.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MisterBadIdea posted:

So a 40-team World Cup would still go straight from the group stage to a round of 16, right? Christ, this will suck.

Yes there would just be more group games.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The amount of time Blatter spends rubbing his hands together is insane. Sinister, even

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

Yes there would just be more group games.
So eight five-team groups then?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Crazy Ted posted:

So eight five-team groups then?

Not bad, is it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
They would probably find some way to make it 10 4 team groups so that Sep's son and Match Accomodation could profiteer even more than expected but saying Surprise 2 more venues to Russia might cause some annoyance.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Byolante posted:

They would probably find some way to make it 10 4 team groups so that Sep's son and Match Accomodation could profiteer even more than expected but saying Surprise 2 more venues to Russia might cause some annoyance.

10 groups doesnt divide properly for the next rounds.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

serious gaylord posted:

Blatter would likely find a way involving byes that let teams pass straight to the quarter or semi finals depending on how big a donation (bribe) they make to FIFA (him)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

serious gaylord posted:

Honestly, I don't think that'd worry them.

e:

Dravs posted:

Blatter would likely find a way involving byes that let teams pass straight to the quarter or semi finals depending on how big a donation (bribe) they make to FIFA (him)

Exactly this.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It'll work by FIFA ranking forcing everyone to suffer through more friendlies every world cup as every country tries to boost its ranking

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The FIFA rankings are the most gloriously hosed up ranking system anyway, it'd be great.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jyrka posted:

Not bad, is it.
Except the downside is that you're more likely to see more of the same teams make the round of sixteen each World Cup.

jack3485
Aug 14, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

They could have a pie-eating contest or something among the 2nd place group finishers and the top 6 qualify for the next round

jack3485 fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 30, 2013

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

jack3485 posted:

They could have a pie-eating contest or something among the 2nd place group finishers and the top 6 qualify for the next round

England hero Frank "The Tank" Lampard

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
The best thing about 4 team groups is when an outside team manages 4 points and slips through to the knockout stages and scalps some favourites while the rest of the world smiles like it's watching otters hold hands.

Sepp literally wants to reduce the chance of a Bulgaria or Croatia or South Korea going feral in the knock outs. He never wants to see Greece make Ronaldo cry again. I can't stand for this.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Popehoist posted:

Yeah who needs polar caps anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bacon of the Sea posted:

The best thing about 4 team groups is when an outside team manages 4 points and slips through to the knockout stages and scalps some favourites while the rest of the world smiles like it's watching otters hold hands.

Sepp literally wants to reduce the chance of a Bulgaria or Croatia or South Korea going feral in the knock outs. He never wants to see Greece make Ronaldo cry again. I can't stand for this.
Actually it's Platini who just called for a 40-nation World Cup.