Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

tradjik posted:

Here is the mods I am using and the load order:
code:
better_torches_brighter_torchlight.esp

Out of curiosity what does that do other than make torches brighter? Because I happen to know of a certain modder who produced a boost to both torch brightness AND radius and has posted his tiny, lightweight mod over here on the Nexus http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32156/ Please validate my existence by endorsing it :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Anyone know any downside to player.dispelallspells vis-a-vis mods like SPERG?

I had to do it because I just discovered the wonderful world of vanishing Dead Thralls... Didn't have a save with the thrall that was less than 2 hours old so I couldn't get the thing's refID to teleport, and nothing I tried would get it to reappear. So that command dismissed the bastard, but at what cost, do you think? Everything *seems* OK, but I wonder if I may have broken something under the hood of some mod or other.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Should I be using Ultimate Combat, or is it just another "barely change anything and call it an overhaul" mod like Duel?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
If I don't like having every character I play spec in lockpicking, what are good mods that give alternative options? Last I remember Lock Overhaul was buggy and caused save bloat, is that still the case? Is there something better now?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I deleted a bunch of script-heavy mods and started an even newer game, which seems to have solved my problem with the game frequently hanging. Hooray!

What's the best mod for getting characters to pose for screenshots and the like? I currently use Puppeteer Master, but it's clunky and I can't figure out how to pair furniture animations correctly with it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

If I don't like having every character I play spec in lockpicking, what are good mods that give alternative options? Last I remember Lock Overhaul was buggy and caused save bloat, is that still the case? Is there something better now?

SPERG has a perk for Lockpicking that allows you to bash locks open.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Scyantific posted:

I picked that perk up but I've never once seen any sort of button prompt for it so I still have to meddle with locks

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Magmarashi posted:

I picked that perk up but I've never once seen any sort of button prompt for it so I still have to meddle with locks

There isn't one. You have to bash the locked container/door with your weapon or shield, same way you would an enemy.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I always meant to ask Seorin if that perk scaled based on like weapon skill or damage dealt or what. In the brief character life in which I tried it I was able to bash open the novice and apprentice locks I came across.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Scyantific posted:

And I can't remember the last time I didn't have SPERG installed. Shows how often I look at the lockpicking tree. :downs:

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

kedo posted:

You know those bags of mammoth cheese?

That isn't cheese.
Mammoth dick cheese. :wth:

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Suddenly I can't play Skyrim anymore. Everytime I try to play it crashes within 30 minutes with a Visual C++ 2010 error (r6025). I've tried running without mods on a new savefile. I've tried reinstalling Visual C++, I've tried verifying and reinstalling the game. No matter what the error persists. Anyone have any clue what might cause this?
I've had this problem a few times when I installed fresh Windows. Are you sure you have all the VC++ redistributable packages and have you tried reinstalling them? Maybe something broke on that note and a reinstall/fix of the packages might help.

futile posted:

Keep in mind that AOS added an NPC footsteps slider to the sound options so you can tweak that to your liking. I love AOS so very very much, I think it is one of the best mods ever released for Skyrim.
Oh hey, too right! I didn't even realise this. Welp, this mod sure is goddamn perfect.

Guys speaking of VideoMemorySizeMb earlier, I've got mine set to something like RAM - VRAM - 1024 as that's what the enblocal.ini file suggested. Is this right? I do get occasional framerate drops by an additional 15fps (after leaving a building) and I have to quit and reload Skyrim as it gets unplayable. But if I set VideoMemorySizeMb to just my VRAM size, as per the STEP project wiki, the game starts off with stupid framerates like 0.5fps right from the start. What's the deal there?

futile
May 18, 2009
I had the same problem when I set my VideoMemorySizeMb to my VRAM which was 1GB. As far as I know there's really no known reason as to why it does this, and the ENB author's solution to everything is 'I can't reproduce the problem with my 10 year old video card and drivers so I don't know'. Just toy with the setting until you find what works. Or, better than anything else, I think it's just best to get rid of the memory management feature and make sure you don't run too high resolution of textures so your VRAM/RAM are within acceptable ranges and you don't need the memory feature anyways.

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?
Is there a mod that randomizes alchemy effects when starting a new game? When starting new games (a habit I do too often), I'd like to be able to have that sense of mystery when looking at ingredients, and not just go "Nirnroot + Luna Moth Wing - Invisibility, Blue Mountain Flower + Wheat = Fortify and Restore Health, Salmon Roe + Nordic Barnicle + Garlic = Super-Value potion", etc.

If not, would it even be possible to make a mod like this, or is there just an engine limitation issue or something that would prevent this from being made?

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Any idea if a mod can cause dual casting illusion spells to not work? The only mod on my list that alters magic is SPERG but it doesn't mention any changes to dual-casting. I assume it's a mod because I've never experienced this problem prior to this current mod configuration.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I have a question about Morrowloot. I was looking at using the non-crafting version but was curious how it effects leveling Smithing. Does it tweak the leveling experience for improving weapons and armor at all to compensate? I mean it's probably not a huge deal, there will still be mod items to craft and jewelry is almost always the best way to level anyhow, but I was just curious.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

graynull posted:

I have a question about Morrowloot. I was looking at using the non-crafting version but was curious how it effects leveling Smithing. Does it tweak the leveling experience for improving weapons and armor at all to compensate? I mean it's probably not a huge deal, there will still be mod items to craft and jewelry is almost always the best way to level anyhow, but I was just curious.

Morrowloot does nothing other than remove high-end items from the leveled lists and crafting lists alongside adding the artifacts. It doesn't touch the experience gain rate for improving items.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

graynull posted:

I always meant to ask Seorin if that perk scaled based on like weapon skill or damage dealt or what. In the brief character life in which I tried it I was able to bash open the novice and apprentice locks I came across.

I honestly don't remember for sure, but I think it uses the base weapon damage (or shield armor). I know it's a lot easier to bash stuff open with a two-handed weapon than with a single one-handed weapon, and I think shields are somewhere in-between. If you've got glass or ebony you should be able to bash open even master locks, and you might even be able to do it as early as elven with two-handers.

Viperix posted:

Any idea if a mod can cause dual casting illusion spells to not work? The only mod on my list that alters magic is SPERG but it doesn't mention any changes to dual-casting. I assume it's a mod because I've never experienced this problem prior to this current mod configuration.

The game forgets you're dual casting whenever a spell is modified. The old version of Spell Charge would break dual casting for this reason. You'd start casting the spell, then you'd get a spell magnitude bonus after you started the cast. This caused the game to forget you were dual casting entirely. That's why Spell Charge doesn't affect dual cast spells anymore.

If any other mod is making even minor adjustments to overall spell magnitude or duration, it doesn't have to touch the spells themselves to ruin your dual cast bonus.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo
So, I have no idea why but I'm CTDing the instant I start up.

Here's my load order:

code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Falskaar.esm
AzarHair.esm
moonpath.esm
SPIKE.esm
XFLMain.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
FixedEyeAdaption.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Serana.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
RevampedExteriorFog.esp
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
additionalmusiccollection.esp
fantasy music overhaul.esp
fantasy music overhaul - unique town music.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
Immersive Patrols Merged.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Requiem.esp
Hunting in Skyrim.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
teg_telvannihall.esp
guard dialogue overhaul.esp
Headtracking.esp
HelmetToggle2.0.esp
More Dynamic Shadows.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
skyrimsewers.esp
SoS - The Dungeons.esp
SoS - The Wilds.esp
SoS - Civilization.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Moonpath.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLODungeons.esp
SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors.esp
SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors.esp
SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMinorCities.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
TKDodge.esp
LovelyHairstylesLITE.esp
MacKom_LoreStylesHairSet.esp
3DNPC.esp
HothFollower.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
CharGen Morphs.esp
Extra Scars.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
enchantments upgraded.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DB.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
I use a lot of mods, but the same exact load order worked fine with SPERG. Did Requiem break the game, or am I missing a master? Yes, I've run it through BOSS, Wyre Bash, and TES5Edit.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
CTD on startup is an indication of a missing master - maybe load all that poo poo in TES5Edit and see if that complains at all.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I dunno about Morrowloot, other than the fact that I'm level 15 and everything is still Iron and Steel it hasn't seemed to change a whole lot. Maybe I'm just missing the good loot hidden in places, or just going to the wrong areas? I'm not finding it.

About the only items I've found that seem to have been specifically placed are a pretty great Smithing necklace at Silent Moons Camp and Master Robes of Destruction at Fort Kastav. Of course, since I'm playing a heavy Destruction-based mage... :getin:

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Morrowloot doesn't really make the game too drastically different, really, it just makes it so you have to actually look for stuff that the game would otherwise basically hand to you. If you're looking for stuff above iron, leather, scaled, steel etc. you're going to have to go places where you might expect it to be or find people you might expect to carry it. For example, I'm at a comparable level and I haven't seen Elvish arms or armor anywhere besides on Thalmor (came out of Diplomatic Immunity with a full suit of Elvish armor and a glass dagger). As for the artifacts, based on comments I've read it looks like the author got pretty devious with where he placed some of them. I think I read that he put one famous artifact in, like, a bucket or something in one of the random bandit dungeons. You'll probably really need to go delving if you want Chrysamere or something.

Phetz fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 28, 2013

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Kaebora posted:

Is there a mod that randomizes alchemy effects when starting a new game? When starting new games (a habit I do too often), I'd like to be able to have that sense of mystery when looking at ingredients, and not just go "Nirnroot + Luna Moth Wing - Invisibility, Blue Mountain Flower + Wheat = Fortify and Restore Health, Salmon Roe + Nordic Barnicle + Garlic = Super-Value potion", etc.

If not, would it even be possible to make a mod like this, or is there just an engine limitation issue or something that would prevent this from being made?

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be possible with the in game scripting. A skyproc patcher could easily do it. You would have to rerun it each time you wanted to switch characters though since it would actually change the esp and wouldn't be stored in the save.

Charles De Mar
Jun 8, 2010

I really dig just exploring and finding cool stuff. That "Unique Bow Collection" mod places each bow in a various location and gives you a journal with hints on where to find them.

Are there more weapon/armor mods that do something similar to this? Hand placed items? Most seem to just shove everything into the leveled lists or make everything craftable.

Edit: (besides Morrowloot)

Charles De Mar fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 28, 2013

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Charles De Mar posted:

I really dig just exploring and finding cool stuff. That "Unique Bow Collection" mod places each bow in a various location and gives you a journal with hints on where to find them.

Are there more weapon/armor mods that do something similar to this? Hand placed items? Most seem to just shove everything into the leveled lists or make everything craftable.

Edit: (besides Morrowloot)

I know JaySuS Swords does it with several of the named weapons. Dwemer Specters (by Trainwiz) also adds in several unique items that can be found on the specific Spectre bosses.

For those of you with Morrowloot who are looking for good loot:
-Chrysamere can be found in Potema's Catacombs.
-Eidolon's Ward can be found in the Hall of the Vigilant (up until level 10 if you have Dawnguard), after the hall is taken out you can find it in Wolfskull Cave north of Solitude.
-The Lord's Mail can be found in the East Empire Company's Solitude Warehouse.
-The Fists of Ragandulf can be found in Markarth's Treasury House.
-The Vampiric Ring can be found on Orphan's Tear.
You can find a fuckton of Glass equipment in Windhelm, specifically the Grey Quarter.
The Jarl of Riften has an Ebony Cuirass in her bedroom, and The Jarl of Windhelm has Ebony Gauntlets in his bedroom.
If you want Orcish items, just head over to Dushnik Yal or any other Orc Stronghold. You can buy them there or get them from the strongholds.
Dwarven gear is really easy to get, just go raid a Dwarven ruin and you'll come across like 2 complete sets of Dwemer gear. I've got like 4 complete sets just from raiding both Mzulft and Nchuand-Zel.
Elven stuff can be found in the Embassy, or from random Justiciars, or raid the Thalmor Headquarters in Solitude.
Daedric stuff is the good poo poo that's hard to come by. Here's what I found so far:
-War Axe in Ysgramor's Tomb
-Sword in Movarth's Lair (loot Movarth for the sword and a nice set of Master Destruction robes)
-Shield in Falk Firebeard's Room inside the Blue Palace
-Sword in Castle Dour Emperor's Tower

Knowing where they're located is one thing, the other thing about Morrowloot is that you actually have to look for them in those areas. Some items are surprisingly well hidden and it took me two sweeps of some places to actually find stuff.

Of course, I still can't find the Boots of Blinding speed :smith:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Scyantific posted:

Of course, I still can't find the Boots of Blinding speed :smith:
Aren't those the ones hidden in a random bucket in some utterly forgettable bandit hideout?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

theshim posted:

Aren't those the ones hidden in a random bucket in some utterly forgettable bandit hideout?

WELP. Time to scour every single bandit refuge ever then.

futile
May 18, 2009
Noooooo don't document the loot spots! That's the worst thing you can do. The best part about a mod like that is that as time passes by you'll eventually forget where a lot of the stuff is. Or is that all off the top of your head? If so I'm impressed.

seorin posted:

I honestly don't remember for sure, but I think it uses the base weapon damage (or shield armor). I know it's a lot easier to bash stuff open with a two-handed weapon than with a single one-handed weapon, and I think shields are somewhere in-between. If you've got glass or ebony you should be able to bash open even master locks, and you might even be able to do it as early as elven with two-handers.
Haha. I didn't know it was dynamic like this. I switched to lock overhaul a long time ago because I thought it wasn't working properly for me. Why didn't I just check the script?

Also, how are things going with any upcoming bugfixing patches for SPERGv4? Not to sound like a broken record, but with something so basic and noticeable as the sneak tree scaling being off, I figured we'd have seen one by now. Just wondering if you hit any roadblocks etc.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
How do you get the dual weapons redux working with the ProcPatcher and MOD organizer?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

futile posted:

Noooooo don't document the loot spots! That's the worst thing you can do. The best part about a mod like that is that as time passes by you'll eventually forget where a lot of the stuff is. Or is that all off the top of your head? If so I'm impressed.

Haha. I didn't know it was dynamic like this. I switched to lock overhaul a long time ago because I thought it wasn't working properly for me. Why didn't I just check the script?

Also, how are things going with any upcoming bugfixing patches for SPERGv4? Not to sound like a broken record, but with something so basic and noticeable as the sneak tree scaling being off, I figured we'd have seen one by now. Just wondering if you hit any roadblocks etc.

Off the top of my head. I haven't played Skyrim in like 2-3 weeks and it's been forever since I found out where the Glass stuff was. Hell I haven't even bothered with most of the stuff on my recent run because I'm a sucker for Dwarven gear, so once I found my set of Dwarven Armor and Dwarven Sword/Bow I was set. I don't even remember if it was the boots or gauntlets that I found in Windhelm. And of course right now as I'm looking to complete my shout library I'm coming across stuff I didn't even realize was there either.

Like I said, it's not just about knowing where they are, it's about knowing where they're placed. Plus Trainwiz made it pretty clear where you could find most of the stuff.

quote:

+Completely removes higher level (dwemer+) objects from levelled loot lists, though things like potions and scrolls can still be found.
+Adds these back in as static objects hidden around the world, and in logical places for example:
-Dwemer equipment is only found in dwemer ruins and containers,; or by a select few who can afford it.
-Orcish equipment is carried by, get this, orcs.
-Elven equipment can be found in various places, though most are carried by Thalmor.
-Glass equipment is given out to a few Morrowinders who managed to save some, as well as high ranking personnel in various factions.
-Only a few sets of Ebony armor and equipment even exist, worn by nobles and the rich.
-And finally, only a single normal set of daedric armor exists, much like Morrowind, but spread out and is a serious pain to find. You'll have to earn it.

With that it becomes a matter of narrowing down where you'll have to look. And even then you STILL have to look for them because half of these things are a pain in the rear end to find if you're not trying your damnedest to find them.

Also yeah, I think that's how the bashing perk works. I remember being able to bash open Master level locks with an Ebony sword with relative ease. Tried it with a Steel-class weapon and I couldn't even crack it.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

50 Foot Ant posted:

How do you get the dual weapons redux working with the ProcPatcher and MOD organizer?

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs has a section on skyproc patchers. You need to do everything else like sort load order and make bashed / merged patches before running skyproc patchers.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I think Morrowloot is better with sperg overwriting the whole "can't smith" thing as it lets either you explore or focus on smithing to get access to higher tiers of equipment.

The Dragonborn can be the best mage, warrior, thief, assassin and alchemist so why not the best smith?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Problem with that is that Sperg makes no changes to the smithing recipes, so morrowloot's changes stick.

Just use Nwah edition with craft what you find.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

PAGING SEORIN :

I only have 52 conjuration skill. Both of those frost atronachs are mine.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Scyantific posted:

Problem with that is that Sperg makes no changes to the smithing recipes, so morrowloot's changes stick.

Just use Nwah edition with craft what you find.

Huh, well at one point it worked (or something else in my load order did)but isn't the Nwah edition abandoned?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SirDan3k posted:

Huh, well at one point it worked (or something else in my load order did)but isn't the Nwah edition abandoned?

Nope. N'wah edition is currently at 3.3 (which was the latest version before 4.0), and I spoke to the author who said that he would get to work updating to 4.0 once he was done dealing with school/work problems he had.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

LtSmash posted:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Third_Party_Programs has a section on skyproc patchers. You need to do everything else like sort load order and make bashed / merged patches before running skyproc patchers.

Thanks. I missed the skyproc section. I just started using it yesterday, so I don't think I'm doing too bad since I can get over 75 mods working together.

About Wyrebash: I ran it, it only suggests 2 mods be merged. Since I don't know what I'm doing is it better to just leave poo poo alone till I figure it out better?

With TESVEdit I did the base files (Update, Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Hearthfire) and I've still got a shitload of mods to clean. Weirdly, one of the files, I think it's Dawnguard, stays red even after you clean it, so hopefully I didn't screw poo poo up.

loving ENB took me FOREVER to figure out how to get it to work. But very very worth it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Unofficial patches all just went to v2.0 'officially' on Nexus. The new 'fake ESM' format. Anyone taking the plunge? Think they will be fully compatible with other popular mods like SPERG, or our precious savegames? :ohdear:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

pmchem posted:

The Unofficial patches all just went to v2.0 'officially' on Nexus. The new 'fake ESM' format. Anyone taking the plunge? Think they will be fully compatible with other popular mods like SPERG, or our precious savegames?
If you've been using the last "official" release of the unofficial patches you can just update all the patches, set your loadorder correctly and continue playing.
If you've been using the betas, it's a smarter idea to either start a new game, or revert back to a save from before you've installed the betas.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Raygereio posted:

If you've been using the last "official" release of the unofficial patches you can just update all the patches, set your loadorder correctly and continue playing.
If you've been using the betas, it's a smarter idea to either start a new game, or revert back to a save from before you've installed the betas.

Yeah, I know that's the official story but I just worry about stuff being screwed up. Note: you need to update all 4 (base/dawn/dborn/hearth) patches simultaneously to v2.0.0. You can't pick and choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Hey, so I'm trying to download Interesting NPCs. But I only want to have voiced NPCs. He says there is a patch for that, but it's not on the download page. Is the latest version fully voiced?

• Locked thread