Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

655321 posted:

Thanks, guys! I certainly like it a lot but I really didn't expect others to get excited about it.

You have a euro-spec Porsche 930

we have miatas, volvo 240s, and land rovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

atomicthumbs posted:

Seriously, this. I've always had a massive love affair for 930s, anything you post about it will only reinforce this. I love my CVPI but damnit man, 930 is dream car territory :allears:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

655321 posted:

Iowncalculus: was the one you got a ride in that white 930 with the twin turbo setup?

Nah, as far as I know it was nearly completely stock. Could be wrong though.

More 930s for what is now the 930 thread:

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 27, 2013

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

Well since you wanted 930s...

Its actually quite an awesome one. '77 Carrera Turbo. It spent a long time in the garage as a storage shelf, but now it's being driven fairly regularly.

Aureus fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 27, 2013

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh my, what a beauty. I seriously think the 930 is the very best in terms of looks. And I mean that as a diehard Porsche fanboy, that styling is my absolute favorite :h:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

655321 posted:

Thanks, guys! I certainly like it a lot but I really didn't expect others to get excited about it.

atomicthumbs posted:

This is my car. I like your's a whole heck of a lot better.

Heck, I'd trade it and a kidney for a good Miata, but you have a 930. Bastard.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

T1g4h posted:

Oh my, what a beauty. I seriously think the 930 is the very best in terms of looks. And I mean that as a diehard Porsche fanboy, that styling is my absolute favorite :h:

Totally agree. I love the 930 and 964.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

655321 posted:

How about a 1985 Euro-spec 930 with 36k miles? Yes, I know, the 80's chick posters are old and maybe tacky, but you know, 80's. It looks bone stock but I've done quite a bit of performance-related upgrading making sure to keep everything as original as possible.

Air cooled Porsches for life!

Edit: sorry for the poor-quality picture.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that is my real-deal dream car right down to the :pcgaming: gold basketweaves :pcgaming:

pics pics pics :f5:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:ohdear:

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

That Miata has seen some poo poo. :stare:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

IOwnCalculus posted:

To this day I still remember that thing kicking like a mule once the turbos spooled up.

I racedfollowed a friend of a friend's lightly modified 930 down 84 to 1 a few years ago, and could see the rear of the car moving around as the power levels changed. It also shot some nice flames as well.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

655321 posted:

and I've never allowed anyone to wear perfume in it so it literally smells and feels like a new car

Do you insist on smelling people before offering them a ride? What happens if you're having a spirited drive and you start to sweat?

Mar 25, 2004

Generally it's fairly obvious with people wearing cologne or perfume and I am pretty sensitive to it anyway. It's not like it's a daily driver for me and I don't generally give random people rides. If I'm going somewhere with someone I will usually request they not scent themselves. It's just a thing for me I guess. I prefer smelling the leather and the exhaust and stuff because it just smells so good. I don't make it weird but if I have the option... no perfume!

The flames are really a lot of fun. It scares the poo poo out of people and the accompanying sound is just awesome. Lots of entertainment!

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I suppose it's no different to a neighbor who wouldn't let people wearing jeans sit in his car because the rivets could possibly mark his leather.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
:psyduck: ^^

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
You could smell me all you like if it meant I got a lift in that.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

My mustang actually has a torn driver's seat because of my favorite pair of jeans. It's more common than you might think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krakkles posted:

My mustang actually has a torn driver's seat because of my favorite pair of jeans. It's more common than you might think.

My steering wheel gets a new scratch every winter because I get careless and drag my jacket or hoodie zipper along the bottom when I get out.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

My steering wheel gets a new scratch every winter because I get careless and drag my jacket or hoodie zipper along the bottom when I get out.

How close do you sit to the steering wheel?

Alternately, how fat are you?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

How close do you sit to the steering wheel?

Alternately, how fat are you?

I lower the wheel to it's lowest setting, it's more comfortable for me. I forget to pop it up when I get out and it tends to get scratched then.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I had a few stupid stripes on my wheel from wearing my pocket knife :( After I caught myself doing it (which was like the 4th mark on the wheel) I stopped carrying that knife.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
My cluster always gets scratched up when someone cuts me off and my adamantium claws unsheathe in rage

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Saw a cyber gray C7 driving around today and tracked it down to a nearby Chevy dealer. It's a customer's car awaiting delivery.

I've seen a red one a couple times around town, but I think this gray might be its best color. The interior looks like it came out of a much more expensive car.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
God damnit Chevy stop with the chrome wheels.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

D C posted:

Yeah, I'd definitely swap those for something nicer.

Edit: As I was checking it out, a couple old dudes from the dealership walked out. Both walked straight past me to another guy who was looking at it. They must have assumed that my car was his, and that his shitbox Corolla was mine. One of them said something about trading "his" car for the Corvette, but they shut up when I walked over and got into my '13 S4 and the other guy got into his rusty Toyota. I'm 35 but look about 27.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 29, 2013

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Thought you guys might appreciate this. It's a coworker's Volvo 244. Cleanest 240 I've ever seen. It ALWAYS looks this clean.

Oh, look, there's my beat-up FC sneaking into the picture! (Runs better than it looks, I promise!)

Spotted this on a grocery run. Not something you see in the wild every day:

A coupe, no less!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

DropShadow posted:

Edit: As I was checking it out, a couple old dudes from the dealership walked out. Both walked straight past me to another guy who was looking at it. They must have assumed that my car was his, and that his shitbox Corolla was mine. One of them said something about trading "his" car for the Corvette, but they shut up when I walked over and got into my '13 S4 and the other guy got into his rusty Toyota. I'm 35 but look about 27.

You sure showed them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Octopus Magic posted:

You sure showed them.

Hey dick. My point was that this happens to me all the time because I look young.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DropShadow posted:

Saw a cyber gray C7 driving around today and tracked it down to a nearby Chevy dealer. It's a customer's car awaiting delivery.

I've seen a red one a couple times around town, but I think this gray might be its best color. The interior looks like it came out of a much more expensive car.

The calipers also appear to be chrome/silver which is a little bit naff.

Octopus Magic posted:

You sure showed them.

Living up to your title I see.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

DropShadow posted:

I love the look of the cockpit on dark colored C7s. Looks like a drat fighter jet.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

D C posted:

They also offer machined and black versions of the same wheel. They do have to cater to their biggest demographic and since old dude love chrome they aren't going anywhere any time soon.

you should see the stupid threads on any corvette oriented forum about wheel finishes, absoutely unbearable

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Jensen and MG - I wonder which is the reliable daily driver?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

edit: that isn't an interceptor/ff, nevermind.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 29, 2013

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kill me now posted:

you should see the stupid threads on any corvette oriented forum

They're almost all bad, so that's more like it. Whining about getting their cars wet and what the best wax and diapers are.

I'd say my dad doesn't fall into that category, but I think his '06 still has under 40k on it because he went and bought a Prius to go with it :negative:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

They're almost all bad, so that's more like it. Whining about getting their cars wet and what the best wax and diapers are.

I'd say my dad doesn't fall into that category, but I think his '06 still has under 40k on it because he went and bought a Prius to go with it :negative:

What in the crikey dick is going on with the rear-mounted radiator thing there? Is that what that is?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Slavvy posted:

What in the crikey dick is going on with the rear-mounted radiator thing there? Is that what that is?

Yes, for the rear mounted transaxle.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How would that even work? Wouldn't the c6r just have a normal sequential manual like any other race car, except in the back? If so, there wouldn't be any pressurised coolant or fluid to circulate AFAIK

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Slavvy posted:

How would that even work? Wouldn't the c6r just have a normal sequential manual like any other race car, except in the back? If so, there wouldn't be any pressurised coolant or fluid to circulate AFAIK

Gear-driven diff/trans cooling pump, and a heat exchanger.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Don't forget the typical Corvette Forums signature:

quote:

:cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911:

MY BABY DRIVING MY BABY!!! HANDS OFF!!!
:cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911::cheers::rock::911:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You're missing the mile-long string of RPO codes.

Slavvy posted:

These days, a lot of racing gearboxes have added oil pumps to the design. One example, the Xtrac used in Indycar.

I think the ZL1 Camaro (and probably the upcoming Z28, as well as the C6 ZR1?) actually have gearbox / differential coolers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
A ZL1 came into my work today and I thought the exhaust sounded a little too wheezyraspy for my tastes, am I broken :ohdear: