Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
That thing about reducing the number of 20 ISO-8 was bullshit. I've been getting way more of them since the update. Even missions that I'm 1/4 are taking like 3 or 4 attempts to get another reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah, that event was a bit annoying. Got myself up to no 50 with 2 hours left and only ended up with a 'top 150' out of 200 reward.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Kravdraa posted:

Nice.
After 2 boring-as-hell fights with my lvl 9 Daken (with only the passive power) I got my recruit token, I think I'm done with the event. Hope people have fun farming me...

Edit: Thor from the token. Yay!

Both his abilities are passive :ssh:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I ground matches for the last hour of the tournament and landed at #2 with < 1 minute to go. Moonstone doesn't seem very good and really didn't seem worth all the effort. Her damage is really low at level 9 (the max level she has when you have all three abilities) and her powers are kind of gimmicky. At least I have a decent Dark Avengers team to compete this time.

I found the easiest way to cheese the tournament was to pick that map that has the thorns special power on it while Level 6 Cap and Classic Storm are in your party. Cap would trigger it and given his low level, would take enough damage to trigger Elemental Barrier. I used that to just obliterate strong teams.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Heh. The next lesson of PvP is simple: if you're not going to be awake for the end of the tournament, don't concern yourself with placing well.

Was at 900-ish / #2 with an hour to go, went to bed, woke up to *plink* *plink* *plink* *plink* *plink* "You were a Top 25 finisher, enjoy your Gravity Warp Moonstone."

Ah well. The Dark Avengers tournament looks horrible for me, and complicated by that I'm either spending cash to increase my collection or selling someone I need to participate in it. Moonstone Purple and Bullseye Black are on the bubble, with X-Force Wolverine, Magneto Classic and Magneto Grey newbies staring at me and wondering "why are you keeping us around, anyway?"

milward
Nov 5, 2009

If I delete the game data, will that allow me to start over?

I have not come very far or gotten many good cards (One each of Spiderman classic, Cap, Hawkeye and Thor modern) but I wasted gold on covers instead of space.

EDIT:It did.

milward fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 28, 2013

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
The high leveled pyros in PvE events can seriously go gently caress themselves. :argh: And I'm 100% in agreement whoever posted about willing to shell out for a one time IAP for unlimited cover space. That will probably never happen but I'd be definitely willing to drop some :10bux: on it. This games seriously fucks with my completionist urges.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
For the record: I have absolutely no idea how to even think about beating Ragnarok in story mode. Best I've got is to start with six blue AP through boosts, hope for a blue match on turn 1, Widow's Sting for five turns and pray that I can keep getting nine blue APs each time before it wears off. 2 red AP for the hammer is insane, and Godlike Power is a cascade factory that nearly guarantees using skills every turn thereafter.

I might need to build up a secondary Venom because upgrading Snare to level 5 may have been a mistake. Yes, it freezes a whole team but it also costs 7 instead of 4.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Boy, after getting the three wolverines at the end of the last mission and two more from the ISO lottery, I sure wish I hadn't stupidly recycled my 2/0/2 wolverine a few days ago.
Don't be like me folks, don't recycle your two star wolverines.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

delfin posted:

For the record: I have absolutely no idea how to even think about beating Ragnarok in story mode. Best I've got is to start with six blue AP through boosts, hope for a blue match on turn 1, Widow's Sting for five turns and pray that I can keep getting nine blue APs each time before it wears off. 2 red AP for the hammer is insane, and Godlike Power is a cascade factory that nearly guarantees using skills every turn thereafter.

I might need to build up a secondary Venom because upgrading Snare to level 5 may have been a mistake. Yes, it freezes a whole team but it also costs 7 instead of 4.

I beat him by using the two star storm classic. Mine is at level 40 and that was enough to beat him up with her passive elemental barrier. I used a leveled up Thor (around level 38) and my one cover of the four star wolverine as fodder to trigger elemental barriers and then pound on him with thors red ability, and I got in a yellow or two from his red ability converting so many tiles to yellow.

cinnamon rollout fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 28, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

There isn't even a good reward for beating him. I'm just ignoring him for now, because why waste the time? I got missions with 3 more useful rewards (that will never drop).

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, I have nothing better to do. I've collected all the other PvE rewards, and L14 Venom + L8 Bullseye + L6 Moonstone isn't going anywhere in the Dark Avengers tournament.

Plus I need the 50 Hero Points to open one more slot up so I can clear my cache again. I don't really have a use for Grey Suit Black Widow Purple but I can sell her at least.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Well, I have nothing better to do. I've collected all the other PvE rewards, and L14 Venom + L8 Bullseye + L6 Moonstone isn't going anywhere in the Dark Avengers tournament.

Plus I need the 50 Hero Points to open one more slot up so I can clear my cache again. I don't really have a use for Grey Suit Black Widow Purple but I can sell her at least.

Aw I see that would make sense. You could always claw your way up the red iso ranks :v: I only need 20 more battles till captain America yellow..

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dark Ms. Marvel is really bad, you guys.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I'm now convinced that the top progression rewards are just Demiurge trolls. Five to ten thousand points gets you X-force Wolverines in the Unstable ISO-8 event. with roughly 100-150 points every two days, there are about 600-900 points in the event, without grinding the 2-4 point fights. Grinding 4000 points at an average of 3 pts per fight would take ~70 hours of straight play, assuming 5 minute fights (and never losing)...

Stickman fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 28, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Stickman posted:

I'm now convinced that the top progression rewards are just Demiurge trolls. Five to ten thousand points gets you X-force Wolverines in the Unstable ISO-8 event. with roughly 100-150 points every two days, there are about 600-900 points in the event, without grinding the 2-4 point fights. Grinding 4000 points at an average of 3 pts per fight would take ~70 hours of straight play, assuming 5 minute fights (and never losing)...

Check out the PvP rewards. They lower x-force wolverine to 1400 points down from 2000+ but I have never seen a score higher than maybe 1050. They are bring him as close to the max possible points, but keeping the prize out of reach.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 28, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

Aw I see that would make sense. You could always claw your way up the red iso ranks :v: I only need 20 more battles till captain America yellow..

Not a bad idea. I just got a reward of Captain America Blue.

(Maxing Cap's red or blue makes him a loving BEAST against minion types. Flamethrower tile? *thunk* Not any more and you're stunned / damaged.)

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I've somehow snagged two X-Force Wolvies out of heroic tokens. He's level 42 now and does about 600 with his Slash if I get a good row. :getin:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I am getting my rear end kicked in this latest tournament. I'm not too surprised I was beaten, though I am a little surprised I was entered, considering I don't have any Dark Avengers cards at all.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

I am getting my rear end kicked in this latest tournament. I'm not too surprised I was beaten, though I am a little surprised I was entered, considering I don't have any Dark Avengers cards at all.

There's tons of people I've run into with level 115 Ragnarok. The rewards for this one are poo poo, don't stress over it. Find some easy people for free iso if you have a team for it, but otherwise it's whatever.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Huh, they changed the replayable fight. A couple of hours ago it was lvl 88 Pyro/Spy/Pyro, now it's lvl 90 Soldier & Pyro with lvl 73 Ms Marvel.

Guess they figured it was really easy to grind when the enemy doesn't attack the player.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm still showing Pyro/Spy/Pyro.

This means that I will (a) not leave this screen for a while longer and (b) pretend I didn't read that.

EDIT: I went back to the title screen, came back to the Unstable ISO-8 screen and it's still showing Pyro/Spy/Pyro. Could be I'd need to quit the app and restart it and, frankly, if they want me to fight Ms. Marvel that badly they can push an update or something. I'm at 600 points and that's enough for now.

delfin fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 28, 2013

Rod Flanders
Dec 30, 2005

My hobbies include being quiet on long trips, clapping along with songs, and diabetes!
Trying to jump on the facebook/free gift bandwagon since you guys got my horribly, horribly addicted to this game. I had them reset my facebook link and hopefully have it linked to the right account now (fake one). Is there an easy way to test which one it's on or do I just wait until I get freebies? Having a Ragnorak is pretty awesome in this new tourny .. just wish there was an easier way to get him more than 1 skill.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Julet Esqu posted:

I'm doing decently enough since I had a high-20s Venom already that I've been levelling through the tournament, and I cranked up a level 20 Yelena just because she's boosted to hell during it. I think I'm mostly getting skipped by people farming the poor bastards with level 6 Daken/Yelena/Bullseyes as I haven't been attacked much except for this morning - I lost 0 rating, so I checked the leaderboard and the guy is on like 900+ points with the next down being ~600 :stare:

vvv you goddamn fool

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FUUUUUUCK I accidentally levelled my Venom's snare to level 5. :negative:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I WARNED YOU BRO. I WARNED YOU ABOUT SNARES about fifteen posts up.

I'm in an odd spot now in that I have a Captain America Blue that I may as well sell because I have mine maxed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:smith: Listen to our stories! If you want to use Venom's snacktime ability, dont level his purple to 5! You wont get him to level 40, but being able to cast webs for 4 ap means you can have a shitload of web tiles everywhere.

4AP stuns are also great if you need just one person locked down and the rest of the enemy team are just nuisances.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 29, 2013

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Does anyone bother leveling up two of the same card? Like, your first card is completely maxed and you're just working on the second copy for your backup PVP team or something?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm going to start up a second venom. THE FIRST HAS AN INDELIDIBLE MISTAKE.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Eddain posted:

Does anyone bother leveling up two of the same card? Like, your first card is completely maxed and you're just working on the second copy for your backup PVP team or something?

I'm thinking of doing a second Black Widow cause of how ridiculous the costs get on her abilities once maxed. I rarely end up with enough AP to use the AP steal anymore.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

It feels good to finally start having a decent team (forget yelena and her retarded 19 purple ap skill)

Edit: wolverine is such a low level because I normally save level up for healing and he heals himself.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
That Thor is beastly. I wish I had more Captain America/Classic Storm/Thor covers. I did somehow manage to get three Grey Suit Widows with Standard Tokens though.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I still can't figure out how everyone is leveling their guys, are you just dumping massive amounts of money pulling cards and then using hero points to level the skills?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just get the cards through normal play in the storyline and events and occasionally buying 500iso lottery tickets. :confused:

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

I still can't figure out how everyone is leveling their guys, are you just dumping massive amounts of money pulling cards and then using hero points to level the skills?

I mercilessly pound low level teams in SHIELD PVP for quick 70/140iso. I'm currently at a wall for the Daken/Yelena PVE chapter so I'm just grinding my levels up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, you get tons of iso from pvp. The current Dark Avengers event is pretty good because like half the people dont even have three dark avengers and you can wipe the floor with them for an easy 70/140 iso in a few seconds.

(if that lone Dark Avengers is Ragnarok though, run)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

This Dark Avengers event owns, even if I don't really care about the awards.

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

This Dark Avengers event is so far payback from getting wiped in the regular SHIELD training by all the level 50 Iron Man teams. I only have three Dark Avengers but they're lvl 37 Ragnarok, lvl 21 Bullseye and lvl 18 Daken. I shot up to #1 pretty quickly and am now lingering for a bit but I got a lot of iso out of it. The game is much better after last week's patch, but the fact that hacking is still so easy sucks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Felt a little bad about hitting the top 10 in Unstable ISO at 720-ish points thanks to today's mission. Then I saw the leader had 2400.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

I did spend $10 on the game as a support of the work. That did get me 4 Thor covers but that was back when you needed 50. I managed to get every Thor cover before the balance so he became a 3/3/2 afterwards. Then I got every Thor after the balance. The rest was rewards and tokens.

Hero points are best spent on room for more heroes. That way you can just randomly collect heroes until you get A lucky streak and get a few of their covers rapidly. Which is what happened with my wolverine there.