Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

So far in action we'll have:
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
vs
Necrons
Chaos (me)

plus whoever else can make it - anyone who can't or doesn't play is welcome to have a drink or two and just meet up!

I should be good to bring some of my Adepta Sororitas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ok so my Malifaux base inserts came in - do I need to oath addition them or am I just being way too overcautious? And it's after the oathing deadline!

I just don't want to do anything dumb and get DQ'd. :ohdear:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

For the Detektuv's Jurnal, I went back and did the freehand challenge again. Freehand is visible as the V on every Marine's knee, as well as the Ultramarines omega on the flamer. They are also a themed group and I would like to claim the one time bonus for Box Art:

Also, I would like to claim the In Battle! bonus for this shot with my Ravenwing who I painted up in July:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Those definitely don't look like smurfs! Fab work!

Namenlos posted:

I should be good to bring some of my Adepta Sororitas.

Wow cool! We definitely need some more bad guys, our DA player did suggest playing as fallen angels...

Also, the time change is tonight, at least in the UK, so we're all about to lose an hour of painting time, depending where you are in the world.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

The mage's pink duds should do me for the Journul.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Oath Complete!

Close up of the Magister Knights:

Jurnal:

Backstory:

Earthy the earthworm was a simple worm. He had his best friend, Bob, who brought him special snacks to eat - in fact, wherever Bob, Nurgle Possessed Champion, went, Earthy was right behind to clean up the scraps. Earthy loved Bob, and Bob loved Earthy, who had started as just a wee worm on the back of a Nurgling. Now, they roam the galaxy, searching for more snacks and to spread the Nurgley love to all!

Parts list: (note, some of these are in progress pics, completed are in the oath complete pic)

All: Rust-Oleum White Primer
Plastic Cement
Kwik Super Glue
Elmer's Glue

Angron

Citadel paints/inks:
Red Gore
Wazdakka Red
Balthasar Gold
Leadbelcher
Ulthuan Grey
Brass Scorpion
Stormvermin Fur
White Scar White
Bleached Bone
Seraphim Sepia
Agrax Earthshade
Caledor Sky
Deathclaw Brown
Chaos Black

Helbrute/Standard

Emperor's Children
Pink Horror
Evil Sunz Scarlet
Stormvermin Fur
Bleached Bone
Seraphim Sepia
Balthasar Gold
Chaos Black
Mourn Mountain Snow Texture

Black sand bits

Possessed

Skrag Brown
Yriel Yellow
Moot Green
Warpstone Glow
Bleached Bone
Seraphim Sepia
Balthasar Gold
Chaos Black
Pink Horror (worm)
Leadbelcher
Brass Scorpion

Modeling putty (maggots)

Nail Polish:
Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss
Revlon Colorstay Gel Shine Top Coat

Aegis

Black matte primer, rust-oleum
Leadbelcher
Balthasar Gold
Evil Sunz Scarlet
Moot Green

Forgefiend/Maulerfiend

Red Gore
Khorne Red
Wazdakka Red
Chaos Black
Bleached Bone
White Scars White
Seraphim Sepia
Stormvermin Fur
Leadbelcher
Balthasar Gold
Warpstone Glow

Magister Knights

Chaos Black
Regal Blue
Caledor Sky
Ulthuan Grey
Evil Sunz Scarlet

Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss
GW grass flock

Drop pod

Stormtalon

Black Primer
Caliban Green
Leadbelcher
Evil Sunz Scarlet
White Scar White
Moot Green
Yriel Yellow
Balthasar Gold

Black sand bits
Rocks from outside
Deathclaw brown

And voila. Busy, busy month.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

Also, the time change is tonight, at least in the UK, so we're all about to lose an hour of painting time, depending where you are in the world.

Wait, surely no one loses an hour? Us brits gain an hour but everyone else is working off of GMT anyway? :confused:

:D

Almost done with this months oath, have thoroughly not enjoyed the DZC infantry.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah that's a bit confusing, but yes everyone gains an hour.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C Oath Complete

Jurnal: The pink shoulder guard and the pink flower.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

enri posted:

Almost done with this months oath, have thoroughly not enjoyed the DZC infantry.

DzC infantry aren't a barrel o'laffs by any means - I'm still excited to see how the plastic ones come out, though.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:toot: Oath Complete! :toot:

The spider pile and Shang the fire fox were both Speedpainted.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for October this Wyrd Shang miniature and this Reaper Bones Spider Swarm

Spending the day at uni painting, so I'm going to go for the speed painting bonus.

Also, Shang is from Malifaux.

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Complete!

The Beholder Eye Beast is pink for the Detektuv's Jurnal.

I've taken a few nicer photos of Shang, now that I've got the lightbox set up.

And finally, this is my Strike a Pose photo series.

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 27, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

IrvingWashington posted:

DzC infantry aren't a barrel o'laffs by any means - I'm still excited to see how the plastic ones come out, though.

They're.. er.. can't really find the word to describe them, definitely not like-for-like compared with the metals though, that much is obvious from the photos of the metal ones. The UCM sculpts are very flat and lack detail (faces are just smooth for instance) - I've done a 'meh' job on all of them, got sick of them pretty much straight away, as a result the scourge guys are at best sloppy and the UCM guys are pretty basic but both have room for improvement which I can do at a later date when I'm feeling inspired. Maybe in a year or two :)

Right, on that note!...

OATH COMPLETE!

6 stands of UCM Colonial Legionnaires

6 stands of Scourge Warriors

1 Giant Slug

Detektuvs Jurnal is the pink slug grub thing. Added solely for the purpose of being painted pink rather than having any need for a 28mm model of a gribby slug thing laying around :v: I think I'll give it to my wife.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
October oath complete

This is why I don't ever paint pink.... aw well, Jurnal achieved.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

enri posted:

They're.. er.. can't really find the word to describe them, definitely not like-for-like compared with the metals though, that much is obvious from the photos of the metal ones. The UCM sculpts are very flat and lack detail (faces are just smooth for instance) - I've done a 'meh' job on all of them, got sick of them pretty much straight away, as a result the scourge guys are at best sloppy and the UCM guys are pretty basic but both have room for improvement which I can do at a later date when I'm feeling inspired. Maybe in a year or two :)

I still haven't found a basing scheme for mine. Yours look nice to me, especially the scourge dudes, and I think they'll look great on a table.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Oath Complete!

Theme:

Pink hair

Pink neck

In Battle! one time bonus:

September's Decimator in deployment, with June's buildings in the background.

July's Kroot grabbing an objective, with Cultist support against a half-painted Blood Angel Tactical Squad that just popped out of a glass cup drop pod.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
I realized in my Oath Complete post that I didn't actually write "Jurnal", is this still need even if it is apparent there is pink on my model? If not, am I allowed to edit my post?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oath Complete: 1 Winged Serpent Familiar, 2 Beetle Swarms, 2 Spider Swarms, all from Reaper Bones

Jurnal is the pink feathers on the winged serpent.

:effort: this month.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
OATH COMPLETE!

Backstory

It started with five: formidable apart, awesome together. Each pursued a different path until joining together under the Sign of Rock.

Amalric Blackstorm spent his youth immersed in the arcane. He could always call the lightning, but now, he has found the thunder.

Melodie Ashstone stands fifth in a line of elven chroniclers. She didn't just perfect the style - she wrote the book.

Mux Steelfist reigns as Champion of the Ten Furies. He lost his arm in the clan wars, but now he's part drum machine and all business.

Zan Sinsinger breathes the mysteries of the dark arts. His voice is that of an angel - his intensity, a demon.

Ragna hails from the Frozen Northlands. She abandoned the ways of the sword for those of the stringed axe.

Together, they

ARE

:rock: MULTICLASS BARD! :rock:

They are also a themed group.

Detektuv’s Jurnal

Meet Fifteen Finger Frank, the Mammogram Mutant. He considers his seared-pink flesh a plus in his field.

STOP. HaVE yOu DOnE yOUr sELf-eXaM TOdaY!? I aM EqUIpPEd tO hELp!?!

:stare: Prevention medicine in the wasteland's harsh, man.

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 28, 2013

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

Mega Shark posted:

I realized in my Oath Complete post that I didn't actually write "Jurnal", is this still need even if it is apparent there is pink on my model? If not, am I allowed to edit my post?

I just edited my Oath Complete post, hopefully that doesn't disqualify me.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Iris of Ether posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Backstory

It started with five: formidable apart, awesome together. Each pursued a different path until joining together under the Sign of Rock.

Amalric Blackstorm spent his youth immersed in the arcane. He could always call the lightning, but now, he has found the thunder.

Melodie Ashstone stands fifth in a line of elven chroniclers. She didn't just perfect the style - she wrote the book.

Mux Steelfist reigns as Champion of the Ten Furies. He lost his arm in the clan wars, but now he's part drum machine and all business.

Zan Sinsinger breathes the mysteries of the dark arts. His voice is that of an angel - his intensity, a demon.

Ragna hails from the Frozen Northlands. She abandoned the ways of the sword for those of the stringed axe.

Together, they

ARE

:rock: MULTICLASS BARD! :rock:

They are also a themed group.

Detektuv’s Jurnal

Meet Fifteen Finger Frank, the Mammogram Mutant. He considers his seared-pink flesh a plus in his field.

STOP. HaVE yOu DOnE yOUr sELf-eXaM TOdaY!? I aM EqUIpPEd tO hELp!?!

:stare: Prevention medicine in the wasteland's harsh, man.

:allears:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

This is a thing of beauty you've painted.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Lord Hypnostache posted:

This is a thing of beauty you've painted.

:blush:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Iris of Ether posted:

Meet Fifteen Finger Frank, the Mammogram Mutant.

But...I...only have ten fingers? ...oh, this is me after the nuclear winter.

Mega Shark posted:

I just edited my Oath Complete post, hopefully that doesn't disqualify me.

You're fine, we just don't like anyone editing their oath complete posts after the deadline.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mega Shark posted:

I understood from your flavorful text about your dude's skin condition that that was your jurnal entry.

That said, it's good to point out exactly what you did for your jurnal each month, so I don't have to read so carefully. And, you can always edit your oath complete post at any time up to the final oath deadline for the month, but I won't notice your edits if I've already gone past the post you're editing so it's best to explicitly post to tell me you edited something so I'll definitely see it.

Also, you can always check the spreadsheets to confirm you were credited for any points you earned!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

I also completed the Jurnal, which should be obvious from my picture... because my guy this month is the most aware knight:

Originally I was just going to make him be a pink knight, but when I went to put a transfer on his shield and on the horse I couldn't find anything that I wanted to use... So instead I painted the breast cancer awareness ribbon on him.

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!!!!

Man, I've got to say, those Plague Drones have been one of the most enjoyable things I've painted in ages. They drip character, and the sculpts are straight out of a Blanche drawing. I'm claiming the Fly your Flag bonus in the shape of the icon bearer, and my Detektiv's Jurnal is the pink shirt on Horace "Action" Jackson. Even though the Plague Drone's bases are clear (and therefore don't count), Jackson's finished base is good for the basing point, correct? Also, I don't know if 3 Ogre-sized 28mm models is big enough for a themed group.

The Champion

The Standard Bearer

The Grunt

Horace "Action" Jackson

Also, because it was on my camera, the fog finally lifted after 5 days of pea soup, and this is the sunset we got last night.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

:byodood: You paint pretty.

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

3 x Space marine Bikes

(No Jurnal)

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

So that's a Themed Group.

Jurnal:

Rats have soft pink bellies, right? I think I need a better pink paint.

Backstory:

The Haoles were preparing for a fight, the Avatars of the Cog were approaching in full force, and they would need all hands to just fend them off. Their Ratskin Scout pauses to rub the cogs given to him by the Dapakkani elders, to honor the Hive Spirits, and hope that he returns safely. Then he pulls on his giant rat hide for camouflage, grabs his axe, and climbs up into the vents to try and flank the approaching gang…

As a side note, it doesn't work, he ends up getting shot with an arm wound.

And since I did the Jurnal and Backstory, I think that qualifies for Double the Fun?

In Battle: I was late, so I didn't get the nice table, but I did get to fight a painted gang, so there's that.

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.

Full army:

Slight side shot:

3 x Hunter MGT (12 in total in army):

3 x Reaper AAGT (6 total in army):

4 Bases of Destroyers elite infantry:

Army Commander and flying lightening making GBS threads robo-squid, a Desolator:

Comparison shot with a cute-as-a-button Prowler (8 total in army):

Another comparison shot, side on this time:

Also, is there some kinda Breast Cancer awareness paint-something-pink Jurnal thing going on? cause I totally randomly painted the destroyers pink.

I'd say the above army is to tabletop standard, but I definitely wanna go back sometime and tidy up a lot of the details, neaten the metal washes and maybe add some purple or red colouring to the metal.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Oath Complete!

They comprise a Themed Group. The Jurnal is the big-rear end pink rock, if you missed that somehow.

I think, after seven months, I finally have a process down for painting these guys. Hopefully my last few oaths can be bigger.

EDIT: Might as well do a Parts List this month, since it's relatively straightforward.

Skin:
Apple Barrel Leaf Green (basecoat)
Apple Barrel Kiwi (overcoat)

This is really simple, slop on some basecoat and then get everything but the low areas with the kiwi.

Shirts:
Apple Barrel Wild Iris (basecoat)
GW Druchii Violet (ink)
Apple Barrel Wild Iris (clean-up)

Hoods (Goblins) and Pants (Orcs):
Apple Barrel Purple (basecoat)
GW Drakenhof Nightshade (ink)
Apple Barrel Purple (clean-up)

Iron/Steel Stuff:
GW Mechanicus Standard Grey (basecoat)
GW Skavenblight Dinge (layer)
GW Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil (inks)
Ral Partha Medium Grey (highlight)

I'm not using metallic paints for this army, so it's a range of grays for me. I want them to look cartoony and metallics blow that look entirely.

Yellows:
GW Averland Sunset (basecoat)
GW Yriel Yellow (layer)
GW Nuln Oil (ink, for painted metal objects like armor and weapon hafts)
GW Orange Ink (ink, for fiddly poo poo with lots of small detail, like the bad moon shield)
GW Yriel Yellow (clean-up)

Wood/Bone:
GW Dryad Bark (basecoat)
Apple Barrel Brown (layer)
Agrax Earthshade (ink)
Apple Barrel Suede (overcoat for bone)

Leather and rope:
GW Bestial Brown
GW Desert Yellow
Apple Barrel Suede (whichever I felt like using)

Rotting body parts:
Apple Barrel English Ivy Green (basecoat)
GW Agrax Earthshade (ink)
Apple Barrel Sage Green (overcoat)

Teeth and fingernails:
GW Nuln Oil (for mouths)
GW Tanned Flesh (tongues)
Apple Barrel White (Tried a couple things but they just look better cartoony.)

Eyes:
GW Yriel Yellow (big dot)
Apple Barrel Black (pupil)

I try to make this the only black I use on the models.

Big-rear end Rock Totem:
GW Dryad Bark (base)
GW Terracotta (layer)
GW Tanned Flesh (layer, tongues)
GW Agrax Earthshade (ink)
GW Desert Yellow (teeth)
Apple Barrel White (highlights)

I mixed paint to get the rose color of the rock because I don't own any pink paint right now. It's mixed maybe 50/50 white/tanned flesh to get the base pink, and more like 75/25 for the highlights. Doesn't look quite like rose quartz, the way I intended, but it's still kind of cool.

Bases:
Apple Barrel Leaf Green (base)
GW Dryad Bark (base)
Apple Barrel Outdoor Brown (overcoat)
Mystery flock (enough to do the whole army, thankfully)

I use a different brown on the bases because when I did the first twenty I got it confused with the regular Apple Barrel Brown. I stuck with it because it would look a little blander with the same brown used so much on the models.

Under 15 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 30, 2013

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
I've not been painting much of late, but I've decided to start de-rusting, and managed to complete my alternate universe oath:

Not quite as neat as their squadmates but they blend in well enough (plus this is proof that I didn't just photograph the same minis from 3 months ago :v:):

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Jurnal is the pink mushrooms. (It was going to be his tail, but I didn't like how it looked)
The small spiky mushroom is actually the tip of a spear. The two larger ones are greenstuff on toothpicks
nomnomnom

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Apologies for dead linking, the issue of ordering albums has been driving me crazy, but admittedly deleting everything is perhaps not an ideal solution.

counterspin fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 30, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

counterspin posted:

Oath Complete

Dem dead links

Also, crunch time, only got my PP one finished so far, trying to figure out the best way to give some depth to the pink

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
I thankfully managed to prime my mans before the rain moved in, but still haven't been able to put a brush to models yet. Still have tonight and tomorrow night to paint!

Also, WhiteOutMouse, check your email! You have a tracking number. (So does Indolent Bastard, but he's replied to me already.)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I love the end of the month when all the complete oaths roll in at once.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oath Complete!

Pink-hair there should suffice for my jurnal point. Also, it is a themed group.

e: Oh, sweet. Followed by Red Shoe. :negative:

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 30, 2013

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

This month's Jurnal entry.

Backstory of this odd group:
In the third month of 603 AR an Unorthodox Engagement Team was assembled by the Cygnar military and sent into the Llael wilderness to investigate a potential Khadoran incursion. What they found instead was the resurgence of a conflict begun hundreds of years in the past. Each member of the team would find their skills tried and their hearts tested by what was to be a simple search and destroy mission.

Themed Group

Khador section:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
I'm painting up my last model right now (and the base on my second-to-last model), and I was just wondering: can I claim last month's jurnal this month in addition to this month's jurnal?

• Locked thread