Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

First of all, Pete Holmes owns.

Second, I was expecting suicide house so this better be loving good :mad: We don't get a lot of Brett Gelman, and I look forward to the little bit we get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I thought it was really good. The background sounds in Suicide House always grated on me after a while, though. Also Monster gently caress > Monster Mash.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I'm a Paul Rust fan, but I felt so relieved after everyone acknowledged his bit wasn't working.

Also, even though I've heard the first one, I was cracking up so hard at Monster gently caress Too.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I don't know, both Dykula and the Creepies worked for me. Also, I had never heard (or had forgotten) the Monster gently caress song so I laughed really hard at that.

And I'm in the minority opinion that Suicide House gets too chaotic after a while.

JayMax fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 28, 2013

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

crimedog posted:

I'm a Paul Rust fan, but I felt so relieved after everyone acknowledged his bit wasn't working.

Also, even though I've heard the first one, I was cracking up so hard at Monster gently caress Too.

Yeah, Paul Rust being silly was the obvious weak link here. Not Steven Yeun being a boring actor for 30 minutes.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Can't wait for Monster gently caress Part 4.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This worked as a really fun episode for me. No one's bit was great but everyone realized that and went with it. And Paul Rust is never not endearing.

I'm still waiting for a Gillian Jacobs Wompler episode.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 29, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah at first I was a little disappointed they weren't doing suicide house again but it was a great episode. I guess Scott makes a good point about wanting to try something new. I liked the characters a lot but I think Paul Rust is the only person on the planet that could actually make the creepies thing work.

I can't decide if that was the flimsiest premise ever for a CBB character or if Mall McCartney still takes that one.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
When it was revealed that Paul (Mall) McCartney and Austin Powers are essentially the same person, my mind was blown. The episode was worth it just for that comparison.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The Halloween special was worth it just for The Monster gently caress, Part 2.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

qbert posted:

The Halloween special was worth it just for The Monster gently caress, Part 2.

~part threeeeee~

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Maybe they'll still do Thuithide Houth on Thursday as a b-b-b-b-bonus ep. I haven't listened to today's, though, so this may have been addressed already.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't decide if that was the flimsiest premise ever for a CBB character or if Mall McCartney still takes that one.

Lmao i just remembered Mall McCartney. Remembering that was better than this halloween episode

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Make sure to get some stump wax.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
For all you Wompler fans (so, everyone) Jessia S:t Clair was on PFT's Dead Authors Podcast as Charlotte Bronté the author of Jane Eyre.
http://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well I wasn't enjoying the halloween podcast up until monster gently caress, but that kinda redeemed it. Enjoyable, but not suicide house. I think Scott kinda realized that too with the constant mentions of how he wanted to try something new. I get that, but meh, the other 50 weeks are random silliness, why can't we have two predictable ones! Who knows, Gelman or Daly could have been busy and unable to do it.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

halloween couldve been better. im gonna go listen to mall mccartney another dozen times.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
It doesn't have to be the Suicide House characters. I just want Brett Gelman and Jon Daly together on the show.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah I feel like that's the tradition. It'd be like doing a best of episode without Tompkins. I don't think it was terrible but it didn't live up to the standards of a holiday episode which are usually loving amazing. Also which episode was Mall McCartney? I've missed a few of the recent ones but don't remember that.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I have to admit, I never really liked the Halloween specials. I don't think I've ever finished one. Also I think Brett Gelman is really funny but I've never liked his CBB appearances. And I think Jon Daly is hit or miss.

Also, while I'm at it, I'm getting tired of James Admoian's and PFT's characters, with a couple exceptions - Tom Leykis will probably never stop being funny, and Gilly has kept Garry Marshall from getting stale I think. Also I've never really thought Neil Campbell was very funny.

Hi I'm the worst CBB fan.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Werner Herzog has gotten nothing but stronger!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Werner Herzog has gotten nothing but stronger!

I didn't mean the only exceptions were the ones I mentioned, but yeah that is true. I think the best Werner Herzog appearances have been on DLM though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I didn't mean the only exceptions were the ones I mentioned, but yeah that is true. I think the best Werner Herzog appearances have been on DLM though.

Actually, you're right. Herzog on CBB is frequently funny and amusing, but Herzog on DLM is transcendent.

And actually I don't disagree with you vehemently on any point. I like Neil Campbell, but I get not liking him. Also, the Halloween specials have never been anything I cherished. That being said, if you haven't finished any of them you've missed out on one of the most hilarious rap battles this side of Amy Poehler in last year's Halloween special. Also the intro of Adomian's Matthau-esque hotel guest.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I have to admit, I never really liked the Halloween specials. I don't think I've ever finished one. Also I think Brett Gelman is really funny but I've never liked his CBB appearances. And I think Jon Daly is hit or miss.

Also, while I'm at it, I'm getting tired of James Admoian's and PFT's characters, with a couple exceptions - Tom Leykis will probably never stop being funny, and Gilly has kept Garry Marshall from getting stale I think. Also I've never really thought Neil Campbell was very funny.

Except I Brain and his story recounting the tragic event of his banning are two of the funniest things I have ever heard.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I'm not really getting tired of PFTs character per say, but I'm really missing him bro out with Scott as himself. They 'get' each other so well and know exactly where every joke is supposed to go and can mess with, or go with it, in the best way.

Best of episodes are nice, but they're essentially just clip shows so the actual new content with PFT is fairly slim.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You know when PFT plays those characters he's still a person named PFT right? I find that their unique rapport remains evident even when PFT is in character.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Yeah but I wouldn't mind an episode with just PFT as himself. I was watching some of the Who Charted episodes on Youtube and he's great on that, I'd like him and Scott just grilling someone who's playing a character.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

I don't like Paul Rust very much and never found New No No's very funny. v:shobon:v

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
As far as PFT characters, I just don't like Gary Marshall, but I was born in the 90s and I think most of the sitcom jokes go over my head. Ice Tea is probably my favorite as he can play him as a straight man if he wants to bounce off other people's insane characters, unlike say Cake Boss.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Ice T, John C. Reilly, and Werner Herzog are the ones I like listening to the most, maybe because he has done Cake Boss, Garry Marshall, and Dame Sir ALW so frequently.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Paul Rust and Neil Campbell are probably my two favorite guests, I wish they were on every week. Puns and silliness are my favorite styles of CBB.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love Paul and Neil so much too - the Bachelor Brothers bit is one of my favourite CBB segments ever. Actually, that whole episode is really incredible.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Trujillo posted:

Yeah I feel like that's the tradition. It'd be like doing a best of episode without Tompkins. I don't think it was terrible but it didn't live up to the standards of a holiday episode which are usually loving amazing. Also which episode was Mall McCartney? I've missed a few of the recent ones but don't remember that.

I don't know the name of the episode, but Jon Daly played the character and I think it was in July/August.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

It was about 10 episodes ago, with Brian Posehn

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I have to admit, I never really liked the Halloween specials. I don't think I've ever finished one. Also I think Brett Gelman is really funny but I've never liked his CBB appearances. Also I've never really thought Neil Campbell was very funny.

Mods???

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

GraPar posted:

Was going to complain about no suicide house, but then Scott addressed it and I do kind of agree with him that it would have been the easy thing to do.

As opposed to what, though? This wasn't anything "new," it just felt like regular old CBB with Halloween-related guests on it. I'm in the "disappointed" camp. But Paul and "Monster gently caress" redux definitely tipped the scales back towards goodness.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Can anyone remember which episode has Scott saying "in darkest Africa" in it, I think it has PFT in it, but that doesn't narrow it down.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I don't like Paul Rust very much and never found New No No's very funny. v:shobon:v
I am repressing a strong urge to attack you with words.

I really enjoyed Dykeula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. Squishy posted:

Can anyone remember which episode has Scott saying "in darkest Africa" in it, I think it has PFT in it, but that doesn't narrow it down.

Quoting this post so I can hit ? on my own because I think I referenced it at some point. Will edit with an answer.

EDIT: Time Bobby 2!