Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kurtofan posted:

Why the gently caress do people hate windfarms? :psyduck:

Because they're idiots, essentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Kurtofan posted:

Because they RUIN ARE PRISTINE UNTOUCHED GRATE BRITISH COUNTRYSIDE :britain: (comprised of ploughed fields, pasture, managed forest and hedgegrows)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kurtofan posted:

Because they're new and look different.

If they looked like
or
then rural are-property-values types would have no problem with them, even if that made them a fraction as efficient.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

mrpwase posted:

Because they RUIN ARE PRISTINE UNTOUCHED GRATE BRITISH COUNTRYSIDE :britain: (comprised of ploughed fields, pasture, managed forest and hedgegrows)
Don't forget the motorways, canals, non-HS2 railways, and indeed any loving form of human habitation!

ookiimarukochan posted:

Am I reading this incorrectly, or is Mac saying "Don't vote Tory again, because whenever you do God visits devastation upon the country"?
It took me a moment to notice that the person speaking is the weatherman, the two watching are gaping in horror.

I don't remember any BBC weatherman ever actually getting political though, other than perhaps daring to suggest that global warming is definitely a thing.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I like how even Mac realises that it isn't a Con-Dem Coalition Government of Compromise, just Tories ruling with an iron fist.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Kegluneq posted:

I don't remember any BBC weatherman ever actually getting political though, other than perhaps daring to suggest that global warming is definitely a thing.

Weatherman works for the BBC, the BBC are horrible liberals, therefore the weatherman is a horrible liberal.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

onoflalks posted:

Weatherman works for the BBC, the BBC are horrible liberals, therefore the weatherman is a horrible liberal.

Especially that Mr Thomas Shaved-Knackers!

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

onoflalks posted:

Weathermen work for the Met Office, i.e. part of the government. This is true no matter which station they appear on (looks like there are a handful who are actually directly employed by broadcasters but they are a tiny minority)

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

Weathermen work for the Met Office, i.e. part of the government. This is true no matter which station they appear on (looks like there are a handful who are actually directly employed by broadcasters but they are a tiny minority)

I was explaining it from a Mac-like point of view rather than a logical one that made sense.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on immigration and infrastructure - David Cameron says foreign investment in energy projects, major buildings and football clubs is vital for jobs and growth"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Energy boss calls for competition inquiry into market

Mail:
"The Gov’t have been explaining the financial benefits of the new rail line HS2."

quote:

“Cheer up, Love. Soon our house is to be one of the chosen few to be part of the HS2 route….whatever that is.”

Express:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Although a bit banal, this isn't horrible.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
What passes for the energy 'debate' in this country appears to depend on the heroic assumption that if we can just get the market right / nationalise things again the era of cheap fossil fuels will magically return.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zephro posted:

What passes for the energy 'debate' in this country appears to depend on the heroic assumption that if we can just get the market right / nationalise things again the era of cheap fossil fuels will magically return.

Working with the current market for alternatives is nigh on impossible.
If things were nationalized then there would be a clear shot at phasing out fossil fuel power stations and moving to different sources, assuming the powers that be aren't total shits disconnected from the world by a wall of money.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
We are nationalising our nuclear power stations, just so happens it's not the British state we're giving them to though!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

This weeks IF... (1 more to come).

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Kegluneq posted:

Especially that Mr Thomas Shaved-Knackers!

I liked it after when he went like Zippy off Rainbow. Nearly as cool as when that taxi driver got roped into an interview on air. Thats what the licence fee is for. You don't get commercial stations providing such arse-ups.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Ghoul-dian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and energy policy – Prime minister calls for an immediate inquiry into competition in the energy industry"

Terror-graph:

Press regulation: Privy Council grants royal charter

Inde-pee'd-pants

Maul:
"Press regulation is given the go ahead.."

quote:

“I’m told there was a whoop of joy then they all rushed off to do their expenses.”

:spooky:
:yosbutt:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
What's press regulation?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oversight in the practices of the press and their (overly friendly) relationship with (ignoring) the law. Reaction to the reveals that the press were 'hacking' phones to obtain exclusive story details, bribing everybody everywhere and other such things.

Might result in a massive overreaction that makes it almost impossible for a free press to exist and conduct investigative journalism, might just stop them from accessing the voicemails of parents who've just discovered their child is dead. Depends on whose agreement goes through and the ongoing legals.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I want a condom cameron action figure!!

Fluo posted:

This weeks IF... (1 more to come).

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the News of the World phone-hacking trial" Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson had affair, phone-hacking trial hears
:huh:

Telegraph:

Snowden leaks: Google 'outraged' at alleged NSA hacking
:nsa:

Independent:

Energy market review: Ed Davey vows to speed up supplier-switching
:whoptc:

Mail:
"For the first time microphones and cameras have been allowed in British courts."

quote:

“I hear you’ve got cameras in your court today, Gerald.”
:monocle:

Express:

:fuckoff:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nice job! No Deadly Axe-press though, shame (never thought I'd say that about Thomas's output).

Weird though, it's like the perfect opportunity for him to cloak his racist, anti-immigrant bigotry in a bunch of monster tropes. Maybe he worked himself up sketching out the possibilities and ended up having a turn

e- ^^^ the hell, I checked the site and nothing, and it's still not there. Are you some kind of Paul Thomas fanclub member who gets all the first looks? ARE YOU

there's that loving window wiper again, as well as Hat Man. What a shithead

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 1, 2013

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
That hat is a lot like the one Clarkson wore in Romania "to make the gypsies think I'm one of them".

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Stottie Kyek posted:

That hat is a lot like the one Clarkson wore in Romania "to make the gypsies think I'm one of them".

I wouldn't be surprised if that's literally where he got his cultural cues from. Romania? That was that place on Top Gear right?

It's telling that he doesn't have his little explanation panel in the corner, telling you what piece of news it's meant to be based on. It's just loving IMMIGRANTS in cartoon form

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Wow what a loving disgrace. Why am I surprised though?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Why does everyone look like a bald white guy in his universe?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Because he's a poo poo artist who can't do hair (all the women having headscarves is an easy cop out for him too).

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

baka kaba posted:

It's telling that he doesn't have his little explanation panel in the corner, telling you what piece of news it's meant to be based on. It's just loving IMMIGRANTS in cartoon form

I hope it's the same story that made the Sun have to print this apology clarification and/or correction

Kurtofan posted:

As well as having absolutely terrible opinions, he's also a lovely cartoonist.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 1, 2013

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

onoflalks posted:

I hope it's the same story that made the Sun have to print this apology

As well as having absolutely terrible opinions, he's also a lovely cartoonist.

So what page was this buried on? I do love it though, "That story we printed? Total bullshit"

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Flython posted:

So what page was this buried on? I do love it though, "That story we printed? Total bullshit"

It's on page 2 but it's tiny so nobody will read it, as per all retractions and apologies.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

onoflalks posted:

I hope it's the same story that made the Sun have to print this apology

Shame it doesn't actually apologise though, and not even the usual 'we're sorry if you have been misled by the article' non-apology

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on RBS's troublesome loans - About £38bn of troublesome loans will be placed into a new non-core division to be known as the capital resolution division"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After JMW Turner.

New Stephen Collins isn't up yet on the Guardian site, but here's a Twitter image.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Percy no :ohdear:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"An early Christmas present from the energy companies - Chris Riddell on the shock price rises imposed by the Big Six"

Sunday Telegraph:

Al-Qaeda bomb plotter pleads to Europe for his freedom

Independent on Sunday:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

He's got a coal tender. It's clearly Henry.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I can't help but read this as a pro Al-Qaeda cartoon. Thank god that nice judge is stopping that bloodthirsty Theresa May from hurting that poor fox!

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

He's got a coal tender. It's clearly Henry.

Henry does look a lot like Cameron too. It's been spotted before, there's groups on Facebook celebrating that fact.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Plebgate - Police accused of lying to be forced to apologise for misleading MPs – or face being found guilty of contempt of parliament"

Telegraph:

Teacher Paul Allan wins national Scrabble title Stupid politicians, almost none of these are valid words! And the board's all wrong, it should be 15x15, not 15x16!

Independent:

Ed Miliband pledges living wage tax breaks for firms

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

What does Cameron's sign say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Crashbee posted:

What does Cameron's sign say?

I'm not certain, but I think it's 'Big Society Anyone?'.

• Locked thread