Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

irlZaphod posted:

How do you create a Nintendo Network account? Is it WiiU Only? Is it in any way tied to Club Nintendo?

It is U-only so far and you cannot create one outside the U. It is not tied to Club Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

irlZaphod posted:

How do you create a Nintendo Network account? Is it WiiU Only? Is it in any way tied to Club Nintendo?

It's WiiU only for now. Eventually the same account system will be on 3DS. Eventually...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm not sure if they are actively working on it or if NOA is just still actively lobbying for it to a completely tone deaf NCL.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

univbee posted:

Yeah, this is the one thing that annoys me immensely about the 3DS system. Here's what I did to cover my bases:

My eShop account is registered to my Nintendo account (this is apparently required if Nintendo will do anything at all)

- I took a picture of the underside of the 3DS so I have a serial number for it on file
- I don't travel with my 3DS
- I have property insurance that should, in theory, cover the game's expenses if Nintendo is douchey about it (e.g. my insurance covers lost jewelry outside the home, for example)
- I avoid buying digital downloads on 3DS when possible

But yeah, Nintendo really needs to learn what this whole internet thing is.

I agree the system is behind the times and hosed, but this is insane.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
My 3DS was stolen like three months ago and I had to go through the whole process. It took about two weeks of back and forth with Nintendo and the local police department but I ended up getting a credit for the things I had purchased and new codes for the Club Nintendo games I had downloaded. It wasn't a giant pain and I was able to get some different games then the ones I had initially purchased which was cool. The overall best idea is to just not lose the thing, haha.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wait someone mentioned CycloDS - is there 3DS homebrew yet? I thought R4s and poo poo didn't work with it?

As far as I'm aware only one exploit to bypass the 3DS's security and execute random code has been found, and it was demonstrated, then disclosed to Nintendo, who patched it in a system update.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

petewhitley posted:

To clarify, the property insurance I didn't get because of the 3DS, in fact I'm pretty sure I signed up for it before I got the 3DS, it was more an observation that I had an extra layer of redundancy. I'm overly careful also because my 3DS has Ambassador status and a few items which are no longer available (e.g. Zelda Four Swords) and about 10 full retail games as digital downloads that, cumulatively, would cost more to replace than a 3DS console itself would.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

My 3DS was stolen like three months ago and I had to go through the whole process. It took about two weeks of back and forth with Nintendo and the local police department but I ended up getting a credit for the things I had purchased and new codes for the Club Nintendo games I had downloaded. It wasn't a giant pain and I was able to get some different games then the ones I had initially purchased which was cool. The overall best idea is to just not lose the thing, haha.

Oh good, I was hoping to get some formal information about this. To clarify, the stuff that was no longer available (e.g. Ambassador games) they just gave back to you, and everything else was basically a refund into your Nintendo account?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

As far as I'm aware only one exploit to bypass the 3DS's security and execute random code has been found, and it was demonstrated, then disclosed to Nintendo, who patched it in a system update.

Yeah, and now that exploit is to the point they can run the newer firmware off of an SD card so they can have eshop access. That function is still in beta, but worth noting.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Xaiter posted:

Thanks! So it's not nearly as terrible as it appears at first.

This information should be in the OP with a giant :siren:BUYER BEWARE:siren: warning, though. This definitely is my first, last, and only eShop purchase ever, then. It seems absolutely insane to invest any significant amount of money into it.

This is coming from a dude who's spent like $8k on Steam in 9 years. I'd be absolutely loving livid if Steam told me "oh so sorry your PC failed and you couldn't recover the hard drive just buy all your stuff again okay?"

It's a dumb system but if my 3DS is stolen it's gonna be in a case that has all my physical games in it which I would definitely not be getting back so the opportunity to probably get back the digital games is a step up. I do need to clarify though: It's a dumb, poorly designed system and nintendo needs to make an account you can tie stuff too.

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

irlZaphod posted:

Calm down, it's not that bad. The eShop isn't perfect, but Nintendo isn't going to tell you to re-purchase everything again. If your 3DS breaks, send it in to get it repaired and they will transfer your licences over if you need a replacement unit. If it's lost or stolen, and you buy a new one, they will probably do the same.

I guess if all they need is the device's S/N, it's not too bad. However, if they need to pull data from some internal drive then you might be out of luck. If the device is stolen or experiences severe fire, water or catastrophic damage that makes it possible to recover data from it.

petewhitley posted:

Seems pretty reasonable to me, it's protecting your investment. I'm gonna snap a photo my of my 3DS's underside today just to be safe.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

...I ended up getting a credit for the things I had purchased and new codes for the Club Nintendo games I had downloaded. It wasn't a giant pain and I was able to get some different games then the ones I had initially purchased which was cool. The overall best idea is to just not lose the thing, haha.

This makes me feel better! I'd like to avoid losing it, obviously, but I travel a fair bit and like using it in planes. I've lost a DS before, so it is something that concerns me. I do want to continue using my portable handheld gaming console for playing games on the go, and that's part of the risk of anything portable. It's like losing your cellphone or laptop, not an outlandish concern.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sir Unimaginative posted:

If the 3DS is lost or stolen you're expected to send in a police report, and I'm not sure what happens then, and I don't know if anyone has successfully gotten anything out of such a thing here.

I'm sure that works fine in Japan where every neighbourhood has a police booth with an officer sitting with nothing better to do, but in my city (Toronto) the police have gotten in the news because of their hostile response to people reporting stolen items. And that's for things like multi-thousand-dollar motorbikes stolen in front of security cameras, or people grabbing cell phones out of someone's hand in front of witnesses and running.

Because of that if I misplace my 3DS I don't expect that I'll get very far with my police department. So far I've bought everything on cartridge except for a small number of download-only titles, and I only take one cartridge out with me at a time. This way I won't lose very much if something happens.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

BattleMaster posted:

I'm sure that works fine in Japan where every neighbourhood has a police booth with an officer sitting with nothing better to do, but in my city (Toronto) the police have gotten in the news because of their hostile response to people reporting stolen items.
I realize this is tangential, but do you have a link for this or anything? I'm curious.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

univbee posted:

Oh good, I was hoping to get some formal information about this. To clarify, the stuff that was no longer available (e.g. Ambassador games) they just gave back to you, and everything else was basically a refund into your Nintendo account?

What they ended up saying was "we'll email you codes for the Club Nintendo stuff, and your eShop account will have X amount of credit in the wallet next time you log in". I don't have any of the Ambassador games but when you call Nintendo one of their menu options is about that program so I am pretty sure if you have registered your 3DS on their website and have it linked with a Club Nintendo account they will be able to see what you have downloaded and could flag your system. But that is just based on my assumptions and my experience with them so I cannot say for certain.

As a rundown for anyone interested, this is what I did.

1) After it was clear my system was stolen, I went to the police station and filed a stolen item report.
2) I called Nintendo, explained the situation, provided a bunch a info such as serial number, club nintendo number, email, address and I had to name some of the games on my account.
3) Faxed their administration department with the police report and the above info, as well as the issue number they provided me with from my previous call.
4) Waited a week or so, called them back and got new codes/credit.

This all took about three weeks, mostly because of the time it takes for the police to file a report, the business days it takes the administration at Nintendo to do their job and one incident where I was told the form I had faxed wasn't the police report. I ended up providing them with the contact info the the local police department and they called the next day to verify it was a real one. So it wasn't effortless but considering I had well over $150 worth of stuff downloaded it was worth the time.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

- I don't travel with my 3DS

Aren't you sort of missing the point of a handheld/portable game console?

I'm not about to tell you what you can and can't do with the things you buy, but it seems crazy to me that you're willing to give up one of the major benefits of the device because you are paranoid about it being stolen.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xik posted:

Aren't you sort of missing the point of a handheld/portable game console?

I'm not about to tell you what you can and can't do with the things you buy, but it seems crazy to me that you're willing to give up one of the major benefits of the device because you are paranoid about it being stolen.

I can use it around my apartment, like lounging in a comfortable chair. Truth be told, it's pretty rare that I'm in a position where I'm away from home while also not being too busy for gaming. My commute is walking, a 6-minute train ride in a full train and a one-stop metro ride in another full train. On the rare occasion where I would be going away for more of a long haul, I still have my DS Lite which holds a way better charge than my 3DS and has a ton of backlog I still have to get through, and I also have my Vita.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Oh, fair enough. I guess it just seemed by your post was that you were "giving up" travelling with it because you worried about theft.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
US/EU release dates for Sega's 3DS classics things! They'll be $5.99/€4.99/£4.49 each.

November 28: 3D Space Harrier, 3D Super Hang-On
December 5: 3D Sonic The Hedgehog, 3D Altered Beast
December 12: 3D Ecco the Dolphin, 3D Galaxy Force II
December 19: 3D Shinobi III, 3D Streets of Rage

Galaxy Force 2 will likely be a friggin' trip if the 3D's up to scratch.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 30, 2013

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Kins posted:

December 12: 3D Ecco the Dolphin

This guy in 3D? :stare:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also with a save system that alleviates that whole portion of the game, if I'm remembering right.

Although that doesn't really matter with savestates, I suppose.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

univbee posted:

This has now made Ecco 3D an instant buy, hope they do Tides of time!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is Space Harrier cool?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Pope Guilty posted:

Is Space Harrier cool?

It's like Star Fox before Star Fox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOH68OsvOEI

Also the main theme rules.

(Space Harrier is the best)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pope Guilty posted:

Is Space Harrier cool?

It is the coolest.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are all (or most of) the different settings/features for the 3D Sega games:

SPACE HARRIER

-ability to begin from any stage you've seen previously
-save states
-replay saving
-d-pad/circle pad/touch screen for movement
-invert movement, autofire settings
-difficulty/lives/extends dipswitch
-time trial mode
-virtual cab mode (cabinet overlay, screen tilt, environmental noise, movement settings)
-screen settings (original, optimised 4:3, fullscreen)
-sound test with equaliser settings for each channel
-hidden boss "Haya-Oh" taken from the X68000/SMS ports

SUPER HANG-ON

-ability to start from any checkpoint you've reached previously
-saves records for each lap
-save states
-replay saving
-accelerator/brake/turbo button config
-difficulty/time limit dipswitches, plus a dipswitch for the cab version (sitdown cab is harder than mini cab)
-virtual cab mode that lets you steer/tilt the screen with gyro controls
-additional "world" course consisting of all 48 laps played continuously

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

-level select
-save states
-d-pad/circle pad for movement
-button config (why?)
-switch between international/Japanese versions of the game
-Spin Dash toggle
-optional "fake-CRT" screen filter
-stereoscopic 3D toggle (pop-in or pop-out)
-emulate the FM/PSG balance of either the original Mega Drive or the Mega Drive 2

ALTERED BEAST (based on the Mega Drive version)

-local two-player co-op (requires two copies of the game, I think)
-option to randomise the beast transformations
-save states
-button config
-emulate the FM/PSG balance of either the original Mega Drive or the Mega Drive 2

ECCO THE DOLPHIN

-"Super Dolphin" mode which adds invincibility/infinite air
-save states
-button config

GALAXY FORCE II

-based on "Galaxy Force II Neo" from Sega Ages, but you can unlock an arcade-accurate version by clearing the game
-save states
-replay saving
-Circle Pad Pro support for second throttle
-invert movement, button config
-energy timer/shield/energy/difficulty dipswitches
-time trial mode
-virtual cab mode (cabinet/background overlays, screen tilt, environmental noise, movement settings)
-sound test, volume settings, cabinet SFX toggle, extra BGM toggle

SHINOBI III

-stage select
-save states
-advanced button config that lets you map different actions to individual buttons (sword, kunai, parry)

STREETS OF RAGE

-new "one-hit kill" mode
-stage select
-save states
-button config, including separate button for reverse attack

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 31, 2013

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

FredMSloniker posted:

I realize this is tangential, but do you have a link for this or anything? I'm curious.

I wasn't sure which one you were asking about so I'm citing both parts you quoted.

Japanese police boxes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%8Dban

My city's police force not having time for stolen items: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2010/12/16/find_your_own_stolen_motorcycle_police_tell_lawyer.html

Sort of like Streetpass, I imagine that Nintendo's policy on lost/stolen 3DS digital purchase recovery works better in Japan than some other places.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

ALTERED BEAST (based on the Mega Drive version)

-option to randomise the beast transformations
-save states
-button config
Wait, what? So, the game will randomly choose which beast I become in each level? :confused: That actually sounds kinda awesome and will be interesting to see how easy/hard it will be to break the bosses.

Also, gently caress the haters, some of us like Altered Beast. :colbert:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Some Altered Beast fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G2FcyraQcs

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Anyone know some of the better Game Boy classic games? Would any of the Super Mario Lands or Zelda DX be worth revisiting beyond a nostalgia kick?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Anyone know some of the better Game Boy classic games? Would any of the Super Mario Lands or Zelda DX be worth revisiting beyond a nostalgia kick?

If you like pinball Kirby's Pinball Land is a ton of fun.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Mole Mania is an overlooked puzzle game from Miyamoto that came out just before Pokémania revived the Game Boy.

Donkey Kong is generally regarded as one of the best games on Game Boy. Zelda LA DX is many people's underdog favorite Zelda game in the whole series. The Mario Lands are pretty simple, particularly the first one. The second suffers from being a bit easy because you can go to any of the six worlds at any time, so there's not much of a difficulty curve. Great music and some unique situations for a Mario game, though. Plus the debut of Wario, and bunny ears!

Wario Land 2 and 3 are crazy puzzle-platformers where Wario can't die and enemy attacks just change his status condition, and much of the game revolves around being in the right state to get past an obstacle. Lots of levels and secrets. I haven't played them in a while but had a blast.

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 31, 2013

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Discount Viscount posted:

Mole Mania is an overlooked puzzle game from Miyamoto that came out just before Pokémania revived the Game Boy.

Donkey Kong is generally regarded as one of the best games on Game Boy. Zelda LA DX is many people's underdog favorite Zelda game in the whole series. The Mario Lands are pretty simple, particularly the first one. The second suffers from being a bit easy because you can go to any of the six worlds at any time, so there's not much of a difficulty curve. Great music and some unique situations for a Mario game, though. Plus the debut of Wario, and bunny ears!

Wario Land 2 and 3 are crazy puzzle-platformers where Wario can't die and enemy attacks just change his status condition, and much of the game revolves around being in the right state to get past an obstacle. Lots of levels and secrets. I haven't played them in a while but had a blast.

Hoooooly poo poo I completely forgot my fond memories with Mole Mania. One of my first Game Boy games (and one of my first games period!) Thanks for the speedy write-up!

e: You too, Mass!

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

univbee posted:

I can use it around my apartment, like lounging in a comfortable chair.

Wait, wait. In that case, wouldn't it actually benefit you to get all your gamed digitally? I mean, if your 3DS gets stolen it means someone broke into your apartment and probably took all your physical games along with it. You'll never get them back, but you probably will get the eShop games once you file a report.

I really do find the entire stance a little ridiculous. Sure, Nintendo should have a proper account system and it's a travesty that they don't, but physical game cartridges can get stolen or destroyed as easily as the console itself, and Nintendo doesn't provide any way to get those back in case that happens like they do for digital purchases.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

I recently finished Steamworld the Dig on 3ds. I can't seam to find any info anywhere, but is there anything to do after you beat the game? I went back and collected everything I could see with the metal detector, but is that it? It was a fun game, I guess I was just hoping for some new game plus or something.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Chance posted:

I recently finished Steamworld the Dig on 3ds. I can't seam to find any info anywhere, but is there anything to do after you beat the game? I went back and collected everything I could see with the metal detector, but is that it? It was a fun game, I guess I was just hoping for some new game plus or something.

Go back and do it better, it's more of a score/time attack for successive runs. I was hoping to start over with all my endgame gear but alas :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Discount Viscount posted:

How dare you intentionally leave out Wario Land 1, objectively the best Wario game :colbert:

Also hot drat do those 3D Sega games sound good. At first I was like 'pfft, over £4 for an emulated copy of an old game?' but they are clearly labours of love with a ton of added content/features/quirks. I will definitely be picking up Sonic and Ecco at least.

Speaking of Ecco, is that game as hard as I seem to find it or am I just really bad at videogames? Thank god for invincibility mode :saddowns:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ecco is notoriously difficult, it's not just you.

Was hoping for some remix music for SoR but I'm still pretty impressed with all the additions they're making to the 3D classics. Apart from Altered Beast because gently caress Altered Beast.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Japanese version was tweaked to be a little easier in general, and they also changed the Vortex Queen boss fight so that it drops you to a new stage called "The Stomach" when it swallows you, rather than forcing you to play WELCOME TO THE MACHINE for the zillionth time.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Japanese version was tweaked to be a little easier in general, and they also changed the Vortex Queen boss fight so that it drops you to a new stage called "The Stomach" when it swallows you, rather than forcing you to play WELCOME TO THE MACHINE for the zillionth time.

OK I am definitely playing the Japanese version then because gently caress that level.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

univbee posted:

Not unless they redrew the sprites from two different angles, which I doubt was in the budget. It'll look flat, like layers of cardboard or paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 31):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (November 1-January 31) - free for 31 days! (Balance Board required.)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Castlevania 4 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Little Inferno (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 10
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €29.99 / £23.99 until November 14
    Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Rabbids Land (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Sports Connection (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Wii U) - €14.99 / £11.99 until November 7
    Trine 2: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop) - €6.79 / £5.49 until November 14

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hotel Transylvania - €19.99 / £17.99
    Myst - €13.99 / £12.59 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D - €7.99 / £7.19 (permanent price reduction)
    AiRace Speed (demo)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until November 14
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €17.99 / £14.99 until November 14
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until November 21
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.19 / £3.59 until November 28
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until November 14
    Bonanza Bowling (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
    Gummi Bears - Mini Golf (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
    Gummi Bears Magic Medallion (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until November 14
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubbles (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until November 10

NA update (week of October 24):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (November 1-January 31) - free for 31 days! (Balance Board required.)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - $?
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (November 5) - $?
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Castlevania IV (SNES) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 33^ off until November 7

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe In Peril - $39.99
    PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (November 5) - $39.99
    Beyblade Universe - $29.95
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (November 5) - $39.99
    Saban’s Power Rangers Megaforce (November 5) - $?
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe In Peril (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Angry Bunnies - $29.99
    Arcade Classics 3D (October 25) - $39.99
    AiRace Speed (demo)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Milon's Secret Castle (NES) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $10 off from November 4-11
    Urban Trial Freestyle (3DS eShop) - $$4.99 until November 7
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Super Mario Kart (Wii VC) - 150 Coins, available until November 3
    The Legend of Zelda (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until November 3
    Thruspace (WiiWare) - 150 Coins, available until November 3
    Touch Solitaire (DSiWare) - 100 Coins, available until November 3

For those who don't know, here's the scoop on Wii Fit U Trial Version, straight from the horse's mouth:

"Starting on 1st November, Wii U owners can download a complete trial version of the game and get a head start on their New Year's fitness goals by trying out all the activities found in the game for 31 days - at no cost. All you need is a balance board and a Wii U system with a broadband Internet connection.

The Wii Fit U Trial Version will be available to download free of charge from Nintendo eShop between 1st November and 31st January 2014 and will work for 31 days from the day it is first played. Using the software, users can stay active with 77 different activities, including 19 new training activities, many of which take advantage of the Wii U GamePad controller. Users who want to continue using Wii Fit U beyond the 31-day trial period can unlock the time restriction by synching a Fit Meter accessory (available at retail) with their trial version of the Wii Fit U software. This will allow them to continue playing Wii Fit U for an unlimited time. The Fit Meter will be released on 1st November in a choice of colours including Black, Red and Green."

RRP on the Fit Meter is $19.99 / €19.99 / £17.99; the listed colours are EU-only, I think NA's just getting the black one for the moment. No idea if you'll actually need a Balance Board in order to download the software or if it just won't be playable without one.