Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

iRend posted:

Oh drat when i'm not golfing, I'm sniping LSC, and drat is it amazing. Sniping is hitscan but it's still so satisfying to land a headshot on a moving car or a heli. I had 5 people after me who could NOT figure out I was on top of the building two blocks away. Several $9000 bounties later I finally got taken out, not sure how, possibly an attack helicopter?
That spot is pretty amazing. From LSC, you're out of render distance for players but you can still shoot someone if they're in a car. So to shoot back they have to run up close to you.

Also Grand Tour is a pretty cool race to race the Super cars in. Came 4th in a 14 player GTA race and I don't even have a custom Super car with bulletbroof tires :smug:
Also also smug Entity XF owners, just because you have bullet-proof tires and I can't shoot you through your back window doesn't mean I just can't shoot the poo poo out of the rear engine until it explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

coyo7e posted:

My favorite was showing up at LSC to glitch-sell a car, to the scene of three pubbies and a cargobob in the delta in front of LSC, trying to hitch up some random car.

I drove underneath, tossed a sticky up to the underside of his cargobob and continued into the LSC, setting it off as the door opened. :happyelf:

The explosions (and screams) were apocalyptic. :getin:

Sticky bombs are the best thing in this game.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So just to confirm once I buy that 1.75 million buzzard its mine so long as I pay 1k every time I want to respawn it?

Why do so many people choose to try and glitch insure it then? Or is that the cargobob since you can't buy it?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Welp. I finally pissed someone off enough to send mercenaries after me.

I got both a jeep and a dunce cap out of the endeavor :haw:

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Philosopher King posted:

So just to confirm once I buy that 1.75 million buzzard its mine so long as I pay 1k every time I want to respawn it?

Why do so many people choose to try and glitch insure it then? Or is that the cargobob since you can't buy it?

Convenience, price (don't have to spend $1.75M), because it's there.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Rapdawg posted:

EDIT: Any Goons want to join me in my future mission to kill everyone in The Altruist Cult compound? When I got I find I am outmatched alone, and that the police come to get me and think it would be bad-rear end to fly over it with a Cargobob carrying a Bohdi full of Goons and dropping them in like Seal Team 6.

I want to help! 360 or ps3?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Rapdawg posted:

EDIT: Any Goons want to join me in my future mission to kill everyone in The Altruist Cult compound? When I got I find I am outmatched alone, and that the police come to get me and think it would be bad-rear end to fly over it with a Cargobob carrying a Bohdi full of Goons and dropping them in like Seal Team 6.

Maybe then you will love us enough to make a news post Rockstar.

Holy poo poo, if you're on 360, consider me interested. This sounds amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deus Rex posted:

Convenience, price (don't have to spend $1.75M), because it's there.

also since its considered your personal vehicle you start every mission with it nearby (rather than having to call it and drive to the hospital or helipad to pick it up)

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Rapdawg posted:

I'm actually going to send in a support ticket asking about the car glitch because I want to hear their response. Also all future DLC money should go into more Trevor.

Maybe then you will love us enough to make a news post Rockstar.

The only real way to do this would be to fly multiple Titans with goons driving out in cars.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

also since its considered your personal vehicle you start every mission with it nearby (rather than having to call it and drive to the hospital or helipad to pick it up)

I dont think this is true

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Philosopher King posted:

It's for rage farming the people that shot you down when they realize that they are stuck paying the $25k premium.

Also the fact that it saves you $1.5 million + (n*1000).

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Kinda sucks that people with a bounty on them can hide out in their appartments.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So is the buzzard the best aerial unit that I can buy or is there some way to buy that attack jet?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fibby Boy posted:

Kinda sucks that people with a bounty on them can hide out in their appartments.
They should really force your bounty timer to reset any time you enter a building or shop or when you leave the sessiom.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Someone should get a titan, shoot open the cargo ramp and have as many people as possible get in. Then, the Titan should try to take off. Keep all eyes on the cargo ramp :getin:

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo, if you're on 360, consider me interested. This sounds amazing.

Populon posted:

I want to help! 360 or ps3?

Aegobolus on 360, add me and send me a message. I too think it would be amazing and someone should figure out how to record it.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Philosopher King posted:

So is the buzzard the best aerial unit that I can buy or is there some way to buy that attack jet?

Can't buy it. But you can steal one and glitch it in your garage.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I caused the death of a fellow goon today. I picked him up in Bob and he mentioned he'd had a deathmatch for a couple of hours with some dude so I helpfully carried him to where he was. Eventually we killed the other guy but the goon decided to jump out of Bob and I think I crushed him against the side of a building or something :(

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

coyo7e posted:

They should really force your bounty timer to reset any time you enter a building or shop or when you leave the sessiom.

Yeah that'd be nice. Ah well. Still great chasing people down over $1000 bucks.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Athanatos posted:

I dont think this is true

I've been doing Martin missions solo all the time like that. Buzzard sometimes spawns in a bad spot but if you're in it when a mission pops up you'll have it at the start. Makes Mixed up with Coke and Extradition a breeze.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Lunethex posted:

Someone should get a titan, shoot open the cargo ramp and have as many people as possible get in. Then, the Titan should try to take off. Keep all eyes on the cargo ramp :getin:
BTDT. Everyone just ragdolls out.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've been doing Martin missions solo all the time like that. Buzzard sometimes spawns in a bad spot but if you're in it when a mission pops up you'll have it at the start. Makes Mixed up with Coke and Extradition a breeze.

notPsion will be pleased to hear this.

Athanatos posted:

:siren: GTAV Scavenger Hunt II :siren:
There are lots of random things in the world they put in that tons of people will never see so here is a chance to see some of it. Rules are simple, I post pictures of locations, you take a selfie in front of the location when you find it. First person to find all the places in both round wins something.

This time pictures will be split into Two Rounds. The first 6 pictures will be in this post. At some point between now and tomorrow night I will post the next bunch of pictures. You will need both rounds of pictures to collect the prize. The 2nd post will have all the pictures you need to collect. First round here will just give you a head start for tomorrow.

What your post needs
A. Selfie's in front of all those pictures. You do not have to be pixel accurate with location or correct time of day.
B. A contact something email/irc/twitter something. I dont have PMs sorry...
C. Quote the sirens so I can see it.
D. DO NOT EDIT your post. Any edit markers at the bottom of your post will be disqualified.

All of these pictures were taken in GTA:0 Freeroam, I assume there is no difference between locations in Online and Singleplayer. You can do this online or singleplayer I dont care which as long as you are taking a Selfie at the location instead of just a picture. Online preferable so I can see your ugly mugs. First person to find all the places and have a correct post wins. I reserve the right to change a picture or a rule incase I gently caress something up. When you post I'll get to you as quick as possible. The thread moves fast.

For posting pictures: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/myphotos there will be your pictures, then upload them to imgur and link them from that.

My contact: athanatos.sa@hotmail.com or @AthanatosSA

What you win:
I have another $3 from Amazon

:siren: This is just Part 1. More pictures will be posted, you will need to collect both parts to win. :siren:

Quoting this for the night crew

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Rapdawg posted:

Aegobolus on 360, add me and send me a message. I too think it would be amazing and someone should figure out how to record it.

Sweet, we're already friends! Please shoot me an invite when you launch the invasion! Getting Flight of the Valkyries cued up...

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I'm usually up for some mischief after the kids go to bed (around 10 PM CST), my Xbox gamertag is ClearTurbulence if anyone wants to add me. I only have one friend who plays GTA regularly and he's usually in the Bad Sport lobby.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Impulsive rear end in a top hat posted:

Help! I have a serious game breaking problem! I have been reported too many times for bad behavior. You have been muted so other players can't hear you. Improve your behavior and the ban will be lifted.

I guess I called too many people virgin white trash. Talking about your big old hairy wolfpussy you nasty slut. I know who you are! I know you in real life. We met at that bar yeah...you sucked off that trailer full of mexicans! Why the gently caress did you do that?

This poo poo ain't cool. As soon as I get in a session it mutes me. I can talk for a couple seconds, about as long as it takes for a bounty to come up on your head. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? How the gently caress you get in trouble for talking poo poo in a grand theft auto game for fucks sake? Isn't this the game that makes people flip out and shoot up their schools?

It would appear in this case that the penalty system is working as intended.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Looking to host some criminal records on ps3. Myxomatosisjr is my PSN. I don't need wins, just want to grind Xp.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
Does anyone know where I can see over head map views of land races in GTA V? I am working on setting up racing league point system that can used among friend and want to set a track schedule.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Looking to host some criminal records on ps3. Myxomatosisjr is my PSN. I don't need wins, just want to grind Xp.

I sent you a friends request

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I think my 360 finally bit the big one. Oh well, I'm was nearly done with the game anyways and I'll have my PS4 in a couple weeks.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSO let me clarify here.

Call Pegasus, Buzzard is delivered
get in Buzzard
start mission
have Buzzard in mission?

because if so, yes.

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

coyo7e posted:

^^^ Yeah titans are kind of stupid, they're about as fast as a jet but otherwise pretty much worthless outside of as a gag.

Hey, that's my truck on the right! :D

A shame you guys couldn't fight off that pubby, I made it almost to Los Santos except at the last minute I jumped out of the truck to snipe him again with my .50 cal as he raced toward me, and wielded the wrong weapon and got greased before I could recover. :(

That drat helicopter was a bitch to keep in the bed...I wonder if you could do it with some kind of flatbed?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So if I get disconnected from the internet while in a race does that count towards my bad sport rating? Because if so, I really hate Rockstar and their ideas on how to make online "fun".

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Psion posted:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSO let me clarify here.

Call Pegasus, Buzzard is delivered
get in Buzzard
start mission
have Buzzard in mission?

because if so, yes.

Jac used the glitch to insure a buzzard and make it his personal vehicle. Having Pegasus deliver you your buzzard and then letting you start a mission in it would be fun; this is a Rockstar game and so fun is not permitted.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Anyone on 360 want to trade some race wins? Need 3-5 more for turbo. GT: DrLariat

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Thanks for the races ya'll!

If you were yelling at me for anything I couldn't hear because I had my headphones out, sorry.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Good racing with some goons. I'll be doing that again soon, and if I have some more time may try setting up some wacky race fun or something to spice it up.

Hope the session kept the room together when I left, wasn't sure if it closed the lobby because I quit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Jac used the glitch to insure a buzzard and make it his personal vehicle. Having Pegasus deliver you your buzzard and then letting you start a mission in it would be fun; this is a Rockstar game and so fun is not permitted.

Actually you can do that too. Well not the start with it but you can call Pegasus in missions. But yeah insured glitches Buzzard at the start of every mission owns owns owns everyone should have one glitched.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This stupid app loaded one time just long enough for me to see that it still thought I owned the buffalo I jacked the first day I played.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I really wish they'd do something about the spawn system in survival missions. I took up a position to wait for a rush and a cop spawned immediately on top of me, killing me before I could flinch. Either make sure they can't spawn on top of you or reduce their damage so it isn't bullshit instant death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Lotish posted:

I really wish they'd do something about the spawn system in survival missions. I took up a position to wait for a rush and a cop spawned immediately on top of me, killing me before I could flinch. Either make sure they can't spawn on top of you or reduce their damage so it isn't bullshit instant death.

The spawns can be manipulated by positioning but you need at least two people to make it work and it's hard to know where you should be. It is so dumb when two of the pricks spawn two feet behind you and you're dead before you can even turn around.

• Locked thread