Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
5 hour downtime tomorrow, does that mean issue 8 will go live? Who knows, Funcom probably doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Citizen Kane 13
Apr 2, 2011

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Would you like to know more?
^^^^^

Probably 'fixing' the issues that allow folk to get multiple pumpkins or run multiple Catgods.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They're onto us:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This game is 50% off on Steam right now. If I pick up the $14.99 pack am I missing out? $30 is a bit steep for me knowing I have nobody to play it with, but $14.99 to experience the story seems cool. I played in the beta and had a good time.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

alg posted:

This game is 50% off on Steam right now. If I pick up the $14.99 pack am I missing out? $30 is a bit steep for me knowing I have nobody to play it with, but $14.99 to experience the story seems cool. I played in the beta and had a good time.

The single player content is easily worth the $30, so getting it for $15 is a steal. Any reason you wouldn't hunker down and party with us?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Any big changes with the update?

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
Yeah, there are plenty of people that play. Getting a goon group may be difficult at times depending on time zone, there's still tons of other people around to get stuff done.

quote:

Deadly aim and stuff have a 90 second debuff so having DA/BS up through most fights is a thing of the past. They nerfed raid XP so you don't get much out of quarry raiding anymore. They changed the public cooldown icon to allow for display of scenario cooldowns. Rubberbanding still happens but not as much.

big list of stuff

Issue 8 isn't live yet, this past downtime was mostly just server maintenance stuff supposedly. Probably fixing some of the borked holiday stuff.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kumo posted:

If you mean today's 5 hours downtime, that was just server maintenance on their host's end.

orcane fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 29, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

orcane posted:

If you mean today's 5 hours downtime, that was just server maintenance on their host's end.

This is getting stupid. The update is there, ostensibly done, and yet we aren't getting it.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Cleretic posted:

This is getting stupid. The update is there, ostensibly done, and yet we aren't getting it.

I think they want to roll out the next phase of the agartha-filth storyline before release.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Scenarios are broken, they are NOT ready to be released. Dragging out this filth event is only giving their staff more time to fix their poo poo. The Halloween stuff is just the whip cream on top of the poo poo sandwich we have been given.

I for one would rather them release the content that works, rather then the broken mess they are show casing on test live.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Marx posted:

I think they want to roll out the next phase of the agartha-filth storyline before release.

There's still nine tentacles left, this phase is going slower because every five people only counts as one run, and everyone's off doing the 'Ween '13 missions, that's not going to happen and I should hope they know that.

Also, that DA/BS change has definitely brought the bad kind of change I expected it to. I'm now being pressured out of using my SF/DA combo, because I dared come second in DPS to someone running a BS/DA combo. Because yes, the Nightmare version of the Filth mini-dungeon totally requires top-level strats.

EDIT: vv Because it takes like three minutes to get in on a Filth run with terrible people, and I probably only have to deal with them for another ten.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 30, 2013

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
What... Why are you running with terrible people?

Also this phase is going as slow as they want it to go, nothing stops them from accelerating things if they're ready and players are done playing their terrible non-content.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009
Quick question before I register my key. Will your Funcom account name be shown anywhere ingame? Because my old funcom account name is incredibly lovely and I'll just register a new one if it does show.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

What... Why are you running with terrible people?

Because Cleretic won't run with goons.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Baron FU posted:

Quick question before I register my key. Will your Funcom account name be shown anywhere ingame? Because my old funcom account name is incredibly lovely and I'll just register a new one if it does show.
It doesn't, you only use it to log into the game or into certain websites (account management, item store).

It's not like in GW2 where you have a global handle, every character needs a (globally unique) nickname when you make them. Your forums account has its own name (which can be changed IIRC).

orcane fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 30, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I wonder what the currency of the month for Tokyo will be. More sequins?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Cleretic posted:

Also, that DA/BS change has definitely brought the bad kind of change I expected it to. I'm now being pressured out of using my SF/DA combo, because I dared come second in DPS to someone running a BS/DA combo. Because yes, the Nightmare version of the Filth mini-dungeon totally requires top-level strats.

This is extra stupid because the only reason da/bs builds were bringing top numbers was due to everyone running it. Individual DPS from multiple other weapon configurations can easily be higher. Running da/bs builds is now a thing for the lowest dpser to do, not the top one. Pubbies are so bad.

The way it is now, with "support" and "pure" dpsers is how it was originally intended to be, rather than the "all da/bs all the time" cookie cutter mold that eventually developed.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Because Cleretic won't run with goons.

Goons are bad, that's why we don't have anyone with a curio, marching band outfits, 5 minute cheevo or spikey jackets. Oh wait, we have a ton of people with those. Goons are good at the content, let him run with pubbies and be proud that he is slightly better then the worst players.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

I beat the Gatekeeper recently & now I am in a giant well of suck.

"Congrats! After getting Elite dungeon blues and many, many deaths you beat an arbitrary gating mechanism installed to keep lower level players locked out of the highest level gear! Now you get to play those dungeons over again, but with different and harder mechanics, and no one will group with you because you haven't figured out how Nightmare dungeons work, and can't figure out how they work unless you play them and die. And die you will! Because one of the few ways to get the gear necessary to survive these things is to beat bosses. Content? Ha ha, not with us! Here farm this new currency we concocted. We don't even know what you buy with it."

Is that about the right of it?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kumo posted:

I beat the Gatekeeper recently & now I am in a giant well of suck.

"Congrats! After getting Elite dungeon blues and many, many deaths you beat an arbitrary gating mechanism installed to keep lower level players locked out of the highest level gear! Now you get to play those dungeons over again, but with different and harder mechanics, and no one will group with you because you haven't figured out how Nightmare dungeons work, and can't figure out how they work unless you play them and die. And die you will! Because one of the few ways to get the gear necessary to survive these things is to beat bosses. Content? Ha ha, not with us! Here farm this new currency we concocted. We don't even know what you buy with it."

Is that about the right of it?

Goons are usually more than willing to help new people out. Even those of us with literal thousands of bullion in the bank will sign in to help people out. All you have to do is hop in mumble/post on the offsite forum.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Len posted:

All you have to do is hop in mumble/post on the offsite forum.

Got Mumble, but don't have a headset. Application is sent.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kumo posted:

Got Mumble, but don't have a headset. Application is sent.

That's fine. It's not uncommon for some of us to just hang out and text chat. I'll see if any of the mumble crew online right now have approval abilities.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

holy poo poo 39 GB :stare:

See y'all tomorrow, Goons

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I've never heard HughGRect use a mic but that doesn't stop him from hanging out in mumble.

There's usually people on around US prime time and then it'll taper off until the evening AU/NZ time at which point there's usually a few of us around.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Kumo posted:

Application is sent.

Approved your application

thwoompa
Nov 9, 2004

My fanfiction makes baby Jesus cry

Mercurius posted:

I've never heard HughGRect use a mic but that doesn't stop him from hanging out in mumble.

There's usually people on around US prime time and then it'll taper off until the evening AU/NZ time at which point there's usually a few of us around.

Hugh has a sexy voice and he does use it sometimes!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

This is a pretty solid quote.

Joel posted:

Once upon a time, a lead content designer wrote a faction mission which introduced players to the concept of the second weapon.

Alas, said mission was cut and the other faction missions were shuffled to take its place in the progression. Which makes bringing it back kinda hard.

TL;DR - There is a problem with explaining the second weapon to new players and I even took steps to adjust that pre launch. However, said steps were cut due to lack of time/resources.

I will look into another way we can do this.

Also I apparently have a pubbie fanbase for being loud about bugs most pubbies want to ignore news to me.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Len posted:

This is a pretty solid quote.

Also I apparently have a pubbie fanbase for being loud about bugs most pubbies want to ignore news to me.
Really they should adjust the intro weapon mission to make you pick two.

Ruination_Mk.II
Aug 24, 2007

Execute boot sequence: Ruination ... ... ...
Looking forward to some furious goon on goon action. Application sent. :ocelot::iamafag:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm downloading the game again from playing at launch. I was about to hit Egypt when I quit. I was a Pistols/Ele build which was beginning to be hard as poo poo contentwise when I quit. Is it worthwhile to continue that route or move onto something else like rifles/whatever. I want to be gun-based. I don't mind redoing old content that isn't Blue Mountain to get more AP.

Edit: I'm still registered for the private forums and looked in build guides there. Drinkfist has a Pistol leveling guide that looks like I have most of so I guess I will fill that out and see how it goes. I miss the story of this game. I think I said it here before but this would be the perfect game if they would just get rid of all the non-quest monsters roaming the countryside every 3 feet.

Edit2: If I sub for a month does that give me all the previous episodic content or do I still have to buy them separately? The Funcom points they give you every month is enough to buy one even if I don't get 5 and 6 free?

jabro fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 31, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

jabro posted:

Edit2: If I sub for a month does that give me all the previous episodic content or do I still have to buy them separately? The Funcom points they give you every month is enough to buy one even if I don't get 5 and 6 free?

You still have to buy them seperately. The points that they give you every month are enough for one issue, though it's better to just buy points for the issues if you don't want any of the subscriber perks.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

jabro posted:

I'm downloading the game again from playing at launch. I was about to hit Egypt when I quit. I was a Pistols/Ele build which was beginning to be hard as poo poo contentwise when I quit. Is it worthwhile to continue that route or move onto something else like rifles/whatever. I want to be gun-based. I don't mind redoing old content that isn't Blue Mountain to get more AP.

Edit: I'm still registered for the private forums and looked in build guides there. Drinkfist has a Pistol leveling guide that looks like I have most of so I guess I will fill that out and see how it goes. I miss the story of this game. I think I said it here before but this would be the perfect game if they would just get rid of all the non-quest monsters roaming the countryside every 3 feet.

You have issue 5, it was given free to anyone who was subbed at a point before Dec '12. You might be eligible for the complete 30 missions and get 1200 funbux promo. Issue 8 is hitting in the next couple weeks and will be the goto issue for new repeatable content. The monthly funbux you get from subbing is enough for 6 or 7, no price set for 8 yet. if you were only in Egypt wait on new issues until you atleast finish the story, run through the elite dungeons for gear and flagging for the gatekeeper fight. Otherwise you will be under geared for the issue content. Also, any builds on the off site forums should be decent for leveling, but could possibly have been need at one point. Post the current build your using and we can tell you how to make it better.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

You have issue 5, it was given free to anyone who was subbed at a point before Dec '12. You might be eligible for the complete 30 missions and get 1200 funbux promo. Issue 8 is hitting in the next couple weeks and will be the goto issue for new repeatable content. The monthly funbux you get from subbing is enough for 6 or 7, no price set for 8 yet. if you were only in Egypt wait on new issues until you atleast finish the story, run through the elite dungeons for gear and flagging for the gatekeeper fight. Otherwise you will be under geared for the issue content. Also, any builds on the off site forums should be decent for leveling, but could possibly have been need at one point. Post the current build your using and we can tell you how to make it better.

Supposedly 8 is coming next week. There's an interview with Joel getting posted at some point today where he says so, at least that's what yesterdays fluff article saying there would be an interview posted today said.

If that's true this is going to be the buggies patch yet.

Edit: Funcom updated their forums I could finally read my ban message. It told me to contact the community manager to contest it.

Len fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 31, 2013

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

alg posted:

Not sure. The 'massive edition' says it comes with issues 5-7, which if you buy them separately would cost $30 or so ($10 each, earlier issues are already free).

The issues are pretty fun. I don't know that they're worth $10, but I think of $10 for a new issue every few months like a subscription fee that I only have to pay when they release some new content, which I like.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Clairetic posted:

Not sure. The 'massive edition' says it comes with issues 5-7, which if you buy them separately would cost $30 or so ($10 each, earlier issues are already free).

The issues are pretty fun. I don't know that they're worth $10, but I think of $10 for a new issue every few months like a subscription fee that I only have to pay when they release some new content, which I like.

Pubbies are reporting the massive edition isn't working properly. Joel says it's all Steams fault and they won't contact him back. Errors reported range from not getting the extras to the code just not working.

I know you guys have live forum accounts. You should back superkawaii and get us the most majestic of dances The Carlton put into the game.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I'd like to see the fishstick in-game.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Pubbies are reporting the massive edition isn't working properly. Joel says it's all Steams fault and they won't contact him back. Errors reported range from not getting the extras to the code just not working.

I know you guys have live forum accounts. You should back superkawaii and get us the most majestic of dances The Carlton put into the game.
Well, at least you got a reaction from Joel for it. And he even missed you! :hfive:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Well, at least you got a reaction from Joel for it. And he even missed you! :hfive:

I know he remembers me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

You should ask for a cartwheel that doesn't shatter immersion by not moving you forward.

• Locked thread