Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Both you and the dragger need to be online but yeah someone else can help you out. You just do /consent playername and they do a whole bunch of /corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Now I just need to find somebody bored enough to look for my corpse.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Am I supposed to actually have int on my gear as a level 23 mage? I still have all silk regular stuff and *Dagger but maybe this is right. Also, I gave all my pp to a goon before I quit last time. Is there anyone that can loan me some for spells or is there a decent place to get some? Spells be costly :(

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
You can level a mage naked. I leveled mine to 49 with nothing but the spell foci. I and other goons would be happy to hook you up with some cash for spells, just look us up in game (see 2nd post).

Ehud I'm on right now and can look for your corpse if you're available this morning. got both of them to the zonein for ya.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 29, 2013

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Also, is there any recommendations for leveling guilds? I'd like to join the goon guild but maybe a guild with more people would help me find groups.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
A lot of goons are starting up right now. Help contribute to the cause. Be part of the solution. Pick <Unknown Guild>!!

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Well if I have to...

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I can tell you are very motivated. :)

<Supremacy> seems to have a lot of folks in the lower range. <Knights Who Say Ni> are a very helpful bunch who actively go out into the community to provide buffs for newbies and offer advice and suggestions (I am personally a member of the Stembolt Fan Club.)

That said, there really are some great people in the goon guild who are willing to provide startup money, items, and advice in spades. Illtair in particular has been incredible. Dude camped a quest mob all day for me just to get a drop required for an amulet he is trying to assemble for me. All out of the goodness of his heart. I didn't even ask him to do it. How could you say "no" to that!?

Our guild name is also the best bar none. :colbert:

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Goon Guild are the best guild. Period.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Well I'm in. Hopefully we can get some guild groups going. Anyone interested in some level 1 action tonight and see how far we get? :)

Really interested in leveling all the way up with some knowledgeable goons showing me some zones I might have missed. Not sure if anyone would be interested :)

Cbear fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 29, 2013

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
Leaving my EC mule, Corbankva, logged in while at work. Send me a tell and I'll see if I have any starter gear I can toss people/ throw a little plat your way. I'll be mostly afk but check back to see if I got any tells.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Ehud I'm on right now and can look for your corpse if you're available this morning. got both of them to the zonein for ya.

Dude, you are my hero.

Goons are the best ya'll.

72o
Dec 14, 2007

If anyone in Unknown Guild gets on and can invite and is in EC, Choppin would like an invite.

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.
Hi, I'm starting new, my name is Tarns, level 6 enchanter. Would appreciate any starting gear or help in any way! I got invited to Supremacy, which seems like a good bet for getting parties at low level.

Stigmas
Sep 6, 2010
Any new players should just join Unknown Guild, there is really no difference between finding groups if you're in a guild or not.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Command /who all unknown should pull up the guild right? I guess no one is on?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Cbear posted:

Command /who all unknown should pull up the guild right? I guess no one is on?

Put unknown in quotes. Or do unknown guild in quotes.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Stigmas posted:

Any new players should just join Unknown Guild, there is really no difference between finding groups if you're in a guild or not.

At high levels it actually makes groups a great deal easier if you're in a big guild. It's basically the only reason I'm in one on my level 55 character.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
For some reason I can't type quotemarks in chat. Anyone else have this problem?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Do you have a non standard US keyboard? Works fine for me.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
It's a standard US keyboard. But it seems my "]" key types "[" and "\" types "]" in-game. :psyduck:

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

Goast posted:

It's a standard US keyboard. But it seems my "]" key types "[" and "\" types "]" in-game. :psyduck:

Maybe someone can invite you if you leave your character name in the thread.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah, it's Inyka. Just dicking around crushbone ATM.

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
In as Prunes the Erudite Necro. Would GREATLY appreciate any goonerosity. I forgot how expensive spells can be.

Zombones fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 30, 2013

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Just wanted to say anyone on the fence. The goon guild is pretty awesome. A few of the guys are just running around helping newbies and porting and such. Also, spell money and weapons!

Also, Mauser spent about 45 minutes trying to explain a sense heading bind to me. Can't beat that! ;)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It is pretty fun. I forgot how much the mechanics of the game force socialization. I found myself in BB Mountains needing a few backpacks, and my faction wasn't good enough to buy from Kaladim. I paid some newbie dwarf a few plat to go buy the backpacks for me, and while I was there I gave him a scarab carapiece he needed for a quest :3:

Copout
Dec 26, 2012
So I decided to play some Everquest. I got on my enchanter, asked for some buffs at the EC tunnel, and found a scarab beetle to attack. Two more showed up and slaughtered me. I respawned, looted my corpse, went back to the tunnel and got more buffs. Ok, no more scarab beetles. I went out and found a puma and promptly got run over by a griffin. Is there a 'that's everquest' smiley?

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Haha sounds about right. I had an interesting voyage through dread lands last night. And did the play by play in guild chat. This game can be brutal and that's part of the reason I missed it!

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Thanks again, Bugen! Etish is becoming a beast. Almost 14 on this Druid.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Copout posted:

So I decided to play some Everquest. I got on my enchanter, asked for some buffs at the EC tunnel, and found a scarab beetle to attack. Two more showed up and slaughtered me. I respawned, looted my corpse, went back to the tunnel and got more buffs. Ok, no more scarab beetles. I went out and found a puma and promptly got run over by a griffin. Is there a 'that's everquest' smiley?

:shobon: seems to encapsulate this adorable post nicely.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Zombones posted:

In as Prunes the Erudite Necro. Would GREATLY appreciate any goonerosity. I forgot how expensive spells can be.

I have a bunch of flayed skin gear and a +4 int necklance for you. I can log in tomorrow from 6PM to 9PM PST, want to meet up with me sometime? What works for you?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Holy crap! Someone that can actually use the Flayed Skin armor! If you are missing any pieces, post here and we'll look out for them. I'm sure a good number of us haunt KC more than we'd like.

I've seen someone roll an iksar shaman and then bind themself at the KC entrance (DL) as soon as they got the spell and then just spent the next week spamming /ooc that he was willing to loot any of that Jarsath armor that rots all the time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Logged in this morning and started killing skeletons at the chessboard. I got a tell from a Necro who was killing the dwarfs at the dock. He offered to let me loot the axes and sell them. I get over there, pick up about 8 axes, and start walking over to the merchant when out of nowhere some wood elf with a different faction decides to kill me.

Unfortunately I was bound in Steamfont. I started running back, get to LFay, and am immediately killed by that stupid unicorn. I finally got back to my corpse, looted the axes, and waddled at 0.5mph all the way to Kaladim where there was one merchant who would sell to me.

But hey, now I can buy my spells :haw:

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ehud posted:

Logged in this morning and started killing skeletons at the chessboard. I got a tell from a Necro who was killing the dwarfs at the dock. He offered to let me loot the axes and sell them. I get over there, pick up about 8 axes, and start walking over to the merchant when out of nowhere some wood elf with a different faction decides to kill me.

Unfortunately I was bound in Steamfont. I started running back, get to LFay, and am immediately killed by that stupid unicorn. I finally got back to my corpse, looted the axes, and waddled at 0.5mph all the way to Kaladim where there was one merchant who would sell to me.

But hey, now I can buy my spells :haw:

What's your toons name? Did we not give you a hookup for some plat?

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Everquest stories are the best stories.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The players on this server are so ridiculously nice. I'm just not used to human beings acting generally this awesome in a video game.

I say Hail to a random guy who is sitting outside of Kurn's Tower as I'm heading back in to solo. We strike up a conversation. Turns out he's coming back after a year hiatus. Immediately, he offers to help me level. He cons red to me and can handle anything inside Kurn's. We zone in and he spends time running around rounding up mobs, getting them low health, then zoning out so that I can kill them and get the exp. After doing this for half an hour, he decides it's not efficient enough for me so he runs out to find a SoW, then comes back to continue the power leveling.

I am going to have so much paying-it-forward to do by the time I hit the level cap.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah. This community is amazing until you have to deal with top tier competitive bullshit. The cream of the crop is quite sour.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Siets posted:

:shobon: seems to encapsulate this adorable post nicely.

I think a :downs: getting crushed by a sand giant boot after five seconds would be a good Everquest emoticon.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I was lucky and got relatively rich (30p) at like level 2 from a simple thing. A Magician was perma-camping Watchman Halv in Steamfont, and I went by and looted Halv's corpse occasionally. The gnome guards drop a sword and shield every time that sell for over 1p each, and sometimes drop fine steel that vendor for 4-6p. Might be worth checking on the guards if you're a newbie gnome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

iNteg posted:

What's your toons name? Did we not give you a hookup for some plat?

I have two. Ehud is my Necromancer, and Meshuggah is my Bard. I honestly can't remember if anyone gave me plat when I played over a year ago. If anyone wants to throw plat or equip Ehud's way, that would be awesome. I also need a guild invite on that character.

• Locked thread