Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lazyfire posted:

Aside from the two people I am thinking of, not really. Actually, one of the MindCrack podcasts featured a segment where the guys on that podcast voiced their displeasure with the LP Subforum rules/Slowbeef when someone sent them the rules here like Slowbeef had set those as rules for LPs across the internet. "Know the game" and "Don't play on release day" are sort of direct attacks on those guys' incomes, so I don't know what other reactions they would generate.

Really I think this is at the base of why "LP Drama" just isn't like it used to be. Instead of being a sub-sub-culture on the internet, it's actually became vaguely mainstream and widely known. For the most part, gone are the days of Velos and Viper rant videos and death threats. Closest thing we've had to that was the Dangan Ronpa thread clusterfuck, which confuses me just as much trying to figure out how there can be so many weird loving people that take this poo poo so seriously. VIDEO GAMES!!! Speaking of, I popped on a couple days ago to see slowbeef had closed the Dangan Ronpa thread. Not sure if it was completed or not, but has there been any fallout from that worth looking at? Tumblr seems to be the main offender here, but gently caress if I care to spend time using their weird rear end search function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BMS posted:

Really I think this is at the base of why "LP Drama" just isn't like it used to be. Instead of being a sub-sub-culture on the internet, it's actually became vaguely mainstream and widely known. For the most part, gone are the days of Velos and Viper rant videos and death threats. Closest thing we've had to that was the Dangan Ronpa thread clusterfuck, which confuses me just as much trying to figure out how there can be so many weird loving people that take this poo poo so seriously. VIDEO GAMES!!! Speaking of, I popped on a couple days ago to see slowbeef had closed the Dangan Ronpa thread. Not sure if it was completed or not, but has there been any fallout from that worth looking at? Tumblr seems to be the main offender here, but gently caress if I care to spend time using their weird rear end search function.

Dangan Ronpa was finished, DR2 is closed all the time. When stuff gets out of hand, or looks like it's getting out of hand, someone closes it until next update. It gets the Pokémon thread treatment, where it has attracted so many weird things that everything there is treated much more harshly than anywhere else.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Both of those threads got an extremely long leash on what was allowed to go on between updates. DR1 managed to stay within the realm of sanity, but DR2 has jumped its generous boundaries so many times that it's just better for everyone involved if it gets locked from time to time.

The actual contributors to those threads are champions of champions, but 90% of the threadgoers need their comments read aloud to their families. Because mental illness can only be healed with the love and support of all those around you.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Coolguye posted:

Both of those threads got an extremely long leash on what was allowed to go on between updates. DR1 managed to stay within the realm of sanity, but DR2 has jumped its generous boundaries so many times that it's just better for everyone involved if it gets locked from time to time.

The actual contributors to those threads are champions of champions, but 90% of the threadgoers need their comments read aloud to their families. Because mental illness can only be healed with the love and support of all those around you.

And this is one of the things that turns me off from the thread. I waited until DR1 was in the Archives before I read it. I want to read DR2 but I'm not willing to wade through the crap that's in that thread in order to do it. I would rather wait until it's archived so I can get it without the 90%'s anime bullshit.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ReturnOfFable posted:

And this is one of the things that turns me off from the thread. I waited until DR1 was in the Archives before I read it. I want to read DR2 but I'm not willing to wade through the crap that's in that thread in order to do it. I would rather wait until it's archived so I can get it without the 90%'s anime bullshit.
You can also click the little ? in the bottom left of posts under the user's avatar to only see posts in the thread by that user. For example, you could only see the OP's posts.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
A pretty new gaming channel that seem to just play a multiplayer game for a few videos and then move onto something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4tGmP6vQ4

All I know about them is that Unidan is internet famous for being a biologist and they use none-obnoxious editing for comic effect, which I didn't even think was a thing that was possible. They do jump cut all over the place though, which I personally can't watch without feeling nauseous.

Korosys
May 16, 2009

Pierce The Heavens

Powerfrog posted:

A pretty new gaming channel that seem to just play a multiplayer game for a few videos and then move onto something else.

All I know about them is that Unidan is internet famous for being a biologist and they use none-obnoxious editing for comic effect, which I didn't even think was a thing that was possible. They do jump cut all over the place though, which I personally can't watch without feeling nauseous.

Usually I hate tons of jump cuts but I think it's better than leaving in a bunch of silence or boring poo poo. The editing was pretty well done and their mics were of acceptable quality for the most part. Not sure weather or not I like the fact that they never stick with anything for more than a few videos. Pretty good overall though I think.

Korosys fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 25, 2013

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can also click the little ? in the bottom left of posts under the user's avatar to only see posts in the thread by that user. For example, you could only see the OP's posts.

You could also manually add &perpage=1 to the end of the links in the OP, which are kept up to date by orenronen. That aside, you might want to also view the miscellaneous posts from Fedule and HelloWinter if you're interested in some of the special localization stuff and choices they took. Not sure if those would get archived.

Back on topic: What's the opinion on the ABadFeeling group? They seemed to do a lot of fun messing around stuff, and they've got at least one video that still makes me laugh on subsequent viewings. Their style feels better suited to showing off whether or not one can have fun with the multiplayer aspects of games, and I also appreciate the editing that accompanies their slapstick.

I'm not sure if they strictly qualify as Let's Players, however, seeing as even their recordings of games with campaigns are montages of what I assume they consider the funniest moments.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Powerfrog posted:

This seems more like a highlight reel which is pretty okay in my opinion.

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Here is the newest Clueless Gamer from Conan O'Brien. He is getting pretty scared by some horror games. I love his reaction to slender.

http://youtu.be/tw7Os-_BJMo

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Eulisker posted:

Here is the newest Clueless Gamer from Conan O'Brien. He is getting pretty scared by some horror games. I love his reaction to slender.

http://youtu.be/tw7Os-_BJMo

I think the best comment is his opinion on Amnesia, "forgettable."

Yeah, that about sums the game up.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Ecstatica is a game about the Toy Story-style adventures of a strange clown's collection of balloon animals. You may enjoy watching the wrongpurae: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm6aKH7cgFY

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
Hellfire Commentaries. These guys were the first LPers I ever watched (I'm not counting Rijno) and I'm happy to say that they're still one of my favourites. The main guy "NTom64" has been very careful about keeping his playthroughs at a high quality, and he has a whole bunch of guests who bring their own interesting takes on games to different playthroughs.

Here are some of their Sonic Playthroughs:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles:

Sonic Generations HD:

Sonic Generations 3DS:

Four-person commentaries that are edited well so they aren't complete clusterfucks. The guests for these are Fastest-Thing-Alive - a huge Sonic Fan, SonicMovies - a guy who edited Sonic Games into movies when he was a teenager, and SegaSky - a cool guy who runs Sonic Retro. Three big Sonic fans, all of whom are sane and critical enough to distinguish the good Sonic games from the bad ones.

Some Kingdom Hearts:

Kingdom Hearts BBS:

Kingdom Hearts DDD:

The guest for these are The Helldragon. May take a while to get use to his voice, but his dissenting opinions about Nomura's storywriting are worth listening to.

They also do a whole bunch of streams, recently beating every Zelda game for Child's Play, and they have a podcast, with the following two episodes of the podcast being particularly great. The first is almost like YouTube's equivalent of the Sandcastle, and the second is a deconstruction of crappy YouTube LPs (particularly Game Grumps, who Tom is actually a begrudging fan of):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7lnOp_VEcE&list=PLqE3PfT01uX5L-YO6Jd2Y2fZLuiTWKGk2&index=4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0hfqj309XY&list=PLqE3PfT01uX5L-YO6Jd2Y2fZLuiTWKGk2&index=5

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I watched them a really long while ago, back when they were in the midst of their Sonic '06 Playthrough is where I stopped, though I can't remember why. Good to see they're still doing LPs.
Tom had the most delightfully monotone voice, I don't know how he manages not to be boring, but he does.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

General Ironicus posted:

Ecstatica is a game about the Toy Story-style adventures of a strange clown's collection of balloon animals. You may enjoy watching the wrongpurae: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm6aKH7cgFY

I feel like I'm missing some vital context to this game. Like, how does this exist?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Friends Are Evil posted:

I feel like I'm missing some vital context to this game. Like, how does this exist?

"Hey, Jerry, we blew like a million dollars trying to make this tech demo, how did it turn out?"

"Terrible, everything looks bad and we can't get the camera to ever sit in a good spot to tell what is happening."

"Well, we need to make that money back. Give it a name and push it to retail!"

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Friends Are Evil posted:

I think I am in the minority here but I really like Ecstatica, in fact I was trying to LP it a while back but maybe that will never happen.
Granted it looks hideous nowadays but the fact that the retsupurae video is in a low resolution and the wrong aspect ratio does not help there. Everything being ellipsoids leads to the characters and items not clashing with the backgrounds like aitd did and the animations are quite good for the time. Also you have no ui whatsoever which is uncommon even today.
The game is silly from top to bottom but it knows it and I love it.
Also slowbeef said it was not successful but it spawned a sequel and the designer was trying to make a gritty police drama with the engine called Urban Decay before vanishing from the face of the earth a few years later.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I actually think Ecstatica has aged better than Alone In The Dark, by virtue of having more gameplay(shoddy gameplay but so was AOITD's) and having a sense of humor about itself.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
I'd like to chime in and thank whoever recommended checking Zemalf's youtube channel. I've been watching his XCOM Ironman Impossible playthrough and enjoying his nailbiting screw-ups. His narration style is very simple and without gimmicks.

I still wish Beagle was putting out XCOM Impossible episodes though..

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Reading back through the thread I've seen a lot of complaints about taking an LP too far over to the personality side but I think personality's important too, I've ditched LPs of games I thought would be interesting to see because the LPer was boring. I play games for fun myself; if the person doing the LP and their perspective about the game aren't interesting to me, I might as well play the game myself.

Espy posted:

It was really odd finding out that Mortim3r and Egoraptor were together since I watched Mortim3r for cosmetic product reviews and makeup tips for awhile since she's really good at makeup, and now her channel is full of Egoraptor so I stopped.

I'm not gonna lie; it bugs me when they replace Danny with Suzy in Steam Rolled. She's not very funny, doesn't really have stellar chemistry with any of the guys (not even her loving husband!), and just in general brings nothing to the table that justifies leaving out Dan. Like I'm an open-minded guy and I was totally ready for her to be an entertaining changeup from the way Dan does things but it was just nothing very special. I kind of found myself asking if there was any reason to even do that besides Suzy feeling like she was entitled to be a part of the project because of her relationship with Arin.

I have some other reasons why I'm not jazzed about Suzy horning in but they're kind of gossipy-hen-ish so I'll keep 'em under my hat for now.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dr. Buttass posted:

I'm not gonna lie; it bugs me when they replace Danny with Suzy in Steam Rolled. She's not very funny, doesn't really have stellar chemistry with any of the guys (not even her loving husband!), and just in general brings nothing to the table that justifies leaving out Dan. Like I'm an open-minded guy and I was totally ready for her to be an entertaining changeup from the way Dan does things but it was just nothing very special. I kind of found myself asking if there was any reason to even do that besides Suzy feeling like she was entitled to be a part of the project because of her relationship with Arin.

If I remember correctly, the reason for her replacing him in Steam Rolled was that Danny, unlike the rest of them, actually has a real job, and wanted some time off in order to focus on some other stuff. So they decided to include her in their four player stuff while he was away.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Saagonsa posted:

If I remember correctly, the reason for her replacing him in Steam Rolled was that Danny, unlike the rest of them, actually has a real job, and wanted some time off in order to focus on some other stuff. So they decided to include her in their four player stuff while he was away.

Explain to me how being an animator or an editor is less of a real job than making music. They all three take mad hard work and are super competitive industries because of people like you saying they don't count as real jobs.

Not to mention, Grumps pays mad bills. For the time being (with Sundowner's testimonial in mind) Grumps IS a real job.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Dr. Buttass posted:

Explain to me how being an animator or an editor is less of a real job than making music. They all three take mad hard work and are super competitive industries because of people like you saying they don't count as real jobs.

Not to mention, Grumps pays mad bills. For the time being (with Sundowner's testimonial in mind) Grumps IS a real job.

He means Dan has a 9-5 job in addition to Ninja Sex Party and Game Grumps.

It's also the reason Steam Train was Ross and Arin for a while.

Red Metal fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 28, 2013

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

This isn't strictly a LP thing, but many of the people I'm about to generalize do LPs now as well and they are generally the embodiment of bad LP habits:

Looking at the pre-release hype for Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, I'm noticing that more and more "exclusive" information is being disseminated through the top ranked YouTube guys for that franchise. Battlefield 4 has a press event going on right now and a few videos have come out of it, mostly showing places like Game Informer, Gamespot and PC Gamer in the games, but you also have people known for making Battlefield videos for YouTube in the mix.

I can see why a company would do it, you basically get free advertising for the game as this person gushes about it to thousands of followers, Reddit and the like pick it up and spread it around and pretty soon you have other people talking about the game.

I just think it is bizarre that this is a viable marketing tactic, and the fact that some of the names you associate the most with major video game franchises are things like "JackFrags" and "WoodysGamerTag" and they are considered by the developers to be trustworthy sources of information for their audience.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Lazyfire posted:

This isn't strictly a LP thing, but many of the people I'm about to generalize do LPs now as well and they are generally the embodiment of bad LP habits:

Looking at the pre-release hype for Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, I'm noticing that more and more "exclusive" information is being disseminated through the top ranked YouTube guys for that franchise. Battlefield 4 has a press event going on right now and a few videos have come out of it, mostly showing places like Game Informer, Gamespot and PC Gamer in the games, but you also have people known for making Battlefield videos for YouTube in the mix.

I can see why a company would do it, you basically get free advertising for the game as this person gushes about it to thousands of followers, Reddit and the like pick it up and spread it around and pretty soon you have other people talking about the game.

I just think it is bizarre that this is a viable marketing tactic, and the fact that some of the names you associate the most with major video game franchises are things like "JackFrags" and "WoodysGamerTag" and they are considered by the developers to be trustworthy sources of information for their audience.

Well, people who have prestiged six times or done other insane amounts of things in the game certainly know what aspects of the game work and which ones don't. They've been putting in huge chunks of time to become the best at the game and understand how it operates inside and out, so it makes sense to get their reactions and opinions.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Those people are owned by Google, without that guarantee of certain discretionary standards, no corporation would touch them with a ten feet pole.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Redeye Flight posted:

Well, people who have prestiged six times or done other insane amounts of things in the game certainly know what aspects of the game work and which ones don't. They've been putting in huge chunks of time to become the best at the game and understand how it operates inside and out, so it makes sense to get their reactions and opinions.

See, this is a misconception as well. When COD Elite came out you could check the stats of any player so long as you had their GamerTag. The top YouTube guys had stats that were lower than, say, mine and I'm just kind-of-OK.

I think their popularity comes from personality rather than content as it stands, but seeing companies use them as free advertising makes it seem like they've run out of ways to show off the game or got lazy and decided that it is easier to give these guys a few hours of footage to post up rather than producing it yourself.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Celebrity endorsements are far from a new thing, and with new media comes new celebrities, like it or not. The fact that they're engaged in the product is merely an added plus.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

manyleeks posted:

GetDaved Channel link

This guy LPs mainly older strategy titles, with a few RPGs thrown in (he's just finishing up an LP of KOTORII, for example). His stuff is super laid back, and he does a really good job of explaining mechanics, how the game works, and the particular strategies he's pursuing. On top of this, he lacks all the annoying shite that youtube superstars like to add - no 6 minute intro videos, no stupid facecam, no begging for subscriber views. All in all, well worth watching and possibly some of the best non-SA LPs I've seen.

I'd like to toss in a second recommendation for GetDaved. I checked him out because of this post and he really is quite good even though he does videos of stuff we would normally recommend SSLPs for. If you enjoy strategy LPs then he's a lot of fun to watch (though his mistakes in GalCiv 2 are kind of :suicide:).

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knab9oQIMOQ

I don't care what anyone says, this is the best LP ever, and anyone who disagrees is just wrong :colbert:.

(borrowed from Froodulous in the UKMT in D&D)

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'
Well, she looks like she's having a right good time.

And pretty good aim with a controller if she's actually doing it.

DWK
Sep 18, 2009
Nan!? :aaa:

I've never seen someone so angry at the gas board. I'm guessing someone didn't get her winter fuel payment this year.

Still, she's pretty handy with that controller, she plays games better than quite a few "famous" Youtube LPers.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

DWK posted:

Nan!? :aaa:

I've never seen someone so angry at the gas board. I'm guessing someone didn't get her winter fuel payment this year.

Still, she's pretty handy with that controller, she plays games better than quite a few "famous" Youtube LPers.

Both her and Old Grandma Hardcore (who sadly seems to be no longer gaming) often amuse me, they play games fairly well, and they're... well, colourful, to say the least!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Probably should add some context: British Gas, alongwith the other major gas providers in the UK all raised their prices 10% in the last week; which has managed to annoy pretty much everyone in the country. I won't go into more detail than that because this isn't D&D; but that should make the video a little funnier for people outside the UK!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I find that Cry is actually not that terrible, despite his association with PDP. His screwing around videos on Battlefield and the like are quite funny, he doesn't use a face cam and when he plays a horror game he actually shuts up and lets the gravity of the situation hit instead of rambling like a moron. While he does read text out loud he actually has the voice for it and he seems intelligent despite the company he keeps. His LP of Corpse Party was quite good.
Link to Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaoticMonki

Also The Solar Gamer Is pretty good. His Civ 5 LPs are informative and at points semi narrative but the biggest draw is his Day Z series. He actually went with a rather engaging story line that evolves through out the series rather the mindless loving about that others do in Day Z. Its nice to see a LP of Day Z that isn't just a bunch of idiots wandering around yelling at zombies.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZ0W0IUyLWiZnH2I8OjEBg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mcclay posted:

I find that Cry is actually not that terrible, despite his association with PDP. His screwing around videos on Battlefield and the like are quite funny, he doesn't use a face cam and when he plays a horror game he actually shuts up and lets the gravity of the situation hit instead of rambling like a moron. While he does read text out loud he actually has the voice for it and he seems intelligent despite the company he keeps. His LP of Corpse Party was quite good.

Also The Solar Gamer Is pretty good. His Civ 5 LPs are informative and at points semi narrative but the biggest draw is his Day Z series. He actually went with a rather engaging story line that evolves through out the series rather the mindless loving about that others do in Day Z. Its nice to see a LP of Day Z that isn't just a bunch of idiots wandering around yelling at zombies.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZ0W0IUyLWiZnH2I8OjEBg

I enjoy Cry quite a lot, as you say he has a good voice for reading things, and he doesn't overdo it. Frankly I think having him read the text actually rather enhances the games in many cases, especially as really long games can be a bit of a slog to get through, and that lets you follow it while doing something else.

He also LPs quite interesting little games, not just the youtube flavor of the month horror games, so +1 from me for him.

IceAgeComing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knab9oQIMOQ

I don't care what anyone says, this is the best LP ever, and anyone who disagrees is just wrong :colbert:.

(borrowed from Froodulous in the UKMT in D&D)

:stare:

Reminds me of my own grandmother a little bit playing Zelda. She throws the controller more than I did when I was seven.

Jazerus posted:

I'd like to toss in a second recommendation for GetDaved. I checked him out because of this post and he really is quite good even though he does videos of stuff we would normally recommend SSLPs for. If you enjoy strategy LPs then he's a lot of fun to watch (though his mistakes in GalCiv 2 are kind of :suicide:).

I like VLPs of most games honestly, even if they're not typically things you'd VLP, and this guy seems pretty cool, so thanks for the recommendation.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 30, 2013

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

mcclay posted:

Judging from the first video (dunno if he fixes it later), his Corpse Party LP has no in-game audio, because of the emulator he's using. I would argue that the audio is important enough to the atmosphere in Corpse Party that not having it there makes his LP of it bad by default.

He's also reading the dialog, even though the game has voice acting (really, really good voice acting, for that matter). The emulator bug with Corpse Party doesn't affect the voice overs (and to my knowledge it never did, aside from an overlapping thing that wouldn't occur as long as he lets the voice play all the way to the end with each text box, assuming he's using JPCSP). Why didn't he just go into the in-game options and turn the music all the way down, leaving the sound effects and voice on?

edit: going through some more of his videos, I would go so far as to say that this is a terrible LP, and perhaps the worst possible way to LP the game, without taking his commentary into account at all (because it could be the most amazing commentary in the world and it wouldn't redeem it in my eyes). The only upside I can find is that he somehow got in-game audio for the ending cutscene, which is good because the way the voice acting, music and sound effects come together in that scene is amazing and absolutely vital to it.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I really love Corpse Party, and seeing it so wholly misrepresented (without voice overs all of the best scenes lose their impact (and no, his reading does not make up for the lack of the professional stuff from the game). Without music and sound effects, the scary moments completely fall flat) just pisses me off. It feels like a complete bastardization of a game I really love.

Hamsterlady fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 30, 2013

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I really love Corpse Party, and seeing it so wholly misrepresented (without voice overs all of the best scenes lose their impact (and no, his reading does not make up for the lack of the professional stuff from the game). Without music and sound effects, the scary moments completely fall flat) just pisses me off. It feels like a complete bastardization of a game I really love.

I don't feel strongly enough against people putting their own ridiculous spin to things to feel anything other than amused, but at least this Cry guy was whispering and tried to use inflection... Unlike Secluded Hermit's take.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ElTipejoLoco posted:

I don't feel strongly enough against people putting their own ridiculous spin to things to feel anything other than amused, but at least this Cry guy was whispering and tried to use inflection... Unlike Secluded Hermit's take.

Okay, I was pretty bothered by Cry's lack of in-game audio (maybe a little bit too bothered, after sleeping on it), but at least he's not this guy. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

That video raises a few interesting questions. What's the point of him being there if he's not reading the lines?

• Locked thread