Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Karanas posted:

I'm probably too early in the game for that, but I've always wondered how you attain the crazy amount of levels Disgaea is famous for.

Level 99 enemies give about as much EXP as level 300 enemies, and there are levels with enemies sitting in a nice pattern on EXP+ panels. Later, you unlock an area with monsters - again in that nice pattern - that are higher than level 300 by default (and with enemy levels maxed, get very high level), and you can load up your items with innocents called "Statisticians" that boost that character's EXP gain even more.

There are other methods, of course (those initial levels actually show up pretty early, but you generally won't be strong enough to kill those enemies until the end of the main game, unless you've played around with the item world enough to get a crazy strong character/weapon.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Are there any staticians in Disgaea d2, or is the cheat shop the only way to boost xp rates?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Tengames posted:

Are there any staticians in Disgaea d2, or is the cheat shop the only way to boost xp rates?

There are statisticians.

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012

Tengames posted:

There are statisticians, and you don't have to do any reverse pirating stuff to get them. They occur naturally on items found in the wild. I've managed to collect enough of them that with post-game cheat shop bonuses, I can get a character from 1 to 9999 in two trips to Cave of Ordeals 6, as long as they're strong enough to kill the enemies there.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Is there any word on fixes for the crashes and stuff in D2? I'd like to pick it up but playing a Disgaea game that crashes and eats my progress sounds like the worst thing on the planet.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Apparently there's an actual hard cap on exp gain boosts. 4900 Statisticians is as many as will provide any effect, but you might actually get the effect from even fewer depending on enemy level, geo panel +XP boosts, and Cheat Shop modifiers.

Of course by the time you can farm CoO6 at maximum you'd probably appreciate having those 4900 Statisticians.

sentrygun posted:

Is there any word on fixes for the crashes and stuff in D2? I'd like to pick it up but playing a Disgaea game that crashes and eats my progress sounds like the worst thing on the planet.
I've taken to autosaving and/or saving between battles. Unfortunately I have experienced freezes and there's no word on whether a patch will ever actually fix those issues. It's not so bad in that Disgaea maps tend to be quick, but I could see a freeze in the Item World being aggravating as all hell.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

sentrygun posted:

I have a 150 hour save file and no crashes. Disk copy, not digital. And if you are keeping about three or more rotating save files that's the best way to keep bulwarked from fuckups you can't control.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

5er posted:

I have a 150 hour save file and no crashes. Disk copy, not digital. And if you are keeping about three or more rotating save files that's the best way to keep bulwarked from fuckups you can't control.

Also no crashes, also disc. If it matters, I'm also using an older PS3 from within a year or so of its release.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I got one crash on disc.

It was on 3-...4, I think, the Geo Panel No Entry maze, on the first shot against a Geo Crystal. I had one of the gun demons shoot it with its chaingun arm and it froze halfway through counting up the damage.

I haven't had one before or since.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

King of Solomon posted:

There are other methods, of course (those initial levels actually show up pretty early, but you generally won't be strong enough to kill those enemies until the end of the main game, unless you've played around with the item world enough to get a crazy strong character/weapon.)
In all of the Disgaea games, I've found that certain item world setups can be great for early grinding before you've reached the story maps or ordeals maps that are set up for grinding. The only limiting factors are your patience and the fact that you will want to finish the 10th level or Gency out to save the game at some point.

Look for an item world map with a Clone geo symbol, an island to trap a monster on, and preferably Deathblow and Invincibility symbols as well. Throw some monsters together to get a monster that's as close to 99 as possible, or whatever level your guys can handle. Stick it on the island, put the Clone symbol on whatever color tile it's standing on, and kill the clones as they spawn. Do this until you get bored or want to save. If you have Deathblow, put it on the same color panel as Clone so you can oneshot clones as they appear. Remember you still need to be able to HIT the monster for Deathblow to do anything, so attack from behind if that's a problem.

If you don't have Deathblow, your best bet is to have somebody poison the monster to take out 60% of its health over 3 turns and then trap it. Ideally you want it weak enough that even your new characters can oneshot the clones. If you don't have Invincibility, let your weak characters do tower attacks or mounted attacks with someone who can soak damage. Also if there is no island to trap the monster, you can still trap a non-flying monster in a corner using geo symbols or have some characters standing on Invincibility panels around it.

CaptainWinky fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 31, 2013

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Nakar posted:

I've taken to autosaving and/or saving between battles. Unfortunately I have experienced freezes and there's no word on whether a patch will ever actually fix those issues. It's not so bad in that Disgaea maps tend to be quick, but I could see a freeze in the Item World being aggravating as all hell.

I really hope it does because the digital version is literally unplayable to me.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

CaptainWinky posted:

{Use Clone Geo Symbols to farm EXP}
Does this really work? I thought that Cloned enemies gave less/no experience?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

XkyRauh posted:

Does this really work? I thought that Cloned enemies gave less/no experience?

Clones give 25% of the XP, which still makes them usable.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Personally I'm in favor of just taking your strongest character to the quickest farming map, and bumping the levels so they can just barely 1-shot it; especially since you don't have to pass bills to do it. Then plow through your strongest items with them and you'll have something to equip on the lowbies so they can catch up.. but then I usually don't bother with a whole team. One man army all the way.

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Smello posted:

.. but then I usually don't bother with a whole team. One man army all the way.

I can't be the only person who likes to refer to my single ubercharacter as my Overlord.

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012
Are there any strategies for getting from the point where you've killed Pringer X in normal mode to doing the rest of the post-game super-bosses? My main character can do Cave of Ordeals 6 with Land of Carnage maxed, but he can't really even touch the very first tutorial stage when both LoC and Rasetsu mode are activated. I guess I just spend a lot of time in the item world?

Disgaea D2 is probably my favorite game of the series on a mechanical level, but it's a shame they took out the X Dimension stuff. Those stages would help to fill out the gap between the Prinny Land/character recruit stages and those last few battles.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
So I just now got the digital copy of Disgaea D2 and man is it freezing/locking up a lot, requiring a hard restart. Anyone else have this issue, and is there any way to fix it, or is the game is really buggy for some reason?

Edit: I'm pretty sure my PS3 is fine, I really recently played through several games that all ran fine.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

kimpira posted:

Are there any strategies for getting from the point where you've killed Pringer X in normal mode to doing the rest of the post-game super-bosses? My main character can do Cave of Ordeals 6 with Land of Carnage maxed, but he can't really even touch the very first tutorial stage when both LoC and Rasetsu mode are activated. I guess I just spend a lot of time in the item world?

There's a lot you "need" to do in the Item World, like getting the best weapons and armor, so work your way towards that. Once you have some leveled superweapons and your characters are able to handle the Pringer Z quartet on normal mode, you can turn on LoC Mode and farm Pringer Zs for the stat drain.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

I have Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention on the Vita and this game has me oh so totally confused. I have no idea what stats to max, skills to level, 'evilities' to focus on. I just finished my first 'item world', where I guess you consume an item in your inventory by entering it and beating 10 stages. I got lots of levels, but I'm not sure how to spend the mana.

I'm just worried I'll screw myself in the long run like you can do in pretty much every other RPG out there, and with a game as complex and with as many zany mechanics as Disgaea, that would be a real bummer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You don't spend the item at all - the entire point is powering up the item.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Protons posted:

I have Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention on the Vita and this game has me oh so totally confused. I have no idea what stats to max, skills to level, 'evilities' to focus on. I just finished my first 'item world', where I guess you consume an item in your inventory by entering it and beating 10 stages. I got lots of levels, but I'm not sure how to spend the mana.

I'm just worried I'll screw myself in the long run like you can do in pretty much every other RPG out there, and with a game as complex and with as many zany mechanics as Disgaea, that would be a real bummer.

Use that mana to buy weapon skills for your characters and maybe do things in the...gently caress, is it the student council in that game? The senate equivalent. As for stats to focus on, it really depends on the character class you're working with, but a good start is to figure out what their primary stat is (for example: attack for swords/axes/spears, hit for gunners, res for healers) and bump that up as high as possible. HP is another one I like to increase, helps avoid turning the party into a group of glass cannons.

FEdit: Oh! Also, if you can afford to, pass More Expensive Items bills. Always more.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Endorph posted:

You don't spend the item at all - the entire point is powering up the item.

Can I un-equip my weapons I want to power up, use them, and then get that item powered up? Is that the point of the item world to boost up your items you have?

Also why can't Peachy (my mage) seem to learn any spells besides fire? I'd like to use ice and wind if at all possible.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Protons posted:

Can I un-equip my weapons I want to power up, use them, and then get that item powered up? Is that the point of the item world to boost up your items you have?

That's right. You probably want to buy a replacement weapon to use whle you're in the Item World, though.

Protons posted:

Also why can't Peachy (my mage) seem to learn any spells besides fire? I'd like to use ice and wind if at all possible.

You need a different colour of mage for that. Red ones learn fire, green ones learn wind, and blue ones learn ice. There are also unlockable classes that can learn all three at once, and/or Star, the special fourth element that you might have seen in the Chapter 1 boss battle or the Item World.

Protons posted:

Just how long is the long run you're talking here? If you're talking about the postgame, that's not a concern at all. Unless you go way out of your way to do a whole lot of grinding, nothing you can do in the main campaign will have any impact on the postgame at all.

Even if you're talking about the main campaign itself, most of the systems will probably work the way you expect them to. There aren't any serious traps or blind alleys, as long as you use common sense and don't do something silly like make a party of 10 fighters and give them nothing but axes. (With one exception. Don't touch the Reincarnation button until you know what you're doing.)

Even so, here are some tips:

It's usually best to stick to one type of weapon; learn the 3 basic skills for that weapon first, then boost whichever ones you find yourself using. It's also okay (helpful, even) if you have some spare mana; you'll find plenty of uses for it later.

The only stats you really need to care about are the ones your weapon uses; Attack for swords, spears and axes, Attack and Hit for bows, Attack and Speed for fists, Hit and Speed for guns, and Intelligence for damaging spells. Healing spells (and Overload) scale with Resistance, so Healers and Priests might want to stack that instead of their weapon's stats; it's a matter of preference, really. If your monsters have any damaging or healing spells, give them the ATK/INT weapons; otherwise use the ATK/HIT ones. I think the Vita version of Disgaea 3 retrofits it with a really cool feature from the later games where the story characters' unique skills always scale with the same stats as whatever weapon they're using, which wasn't always the case, so feel free to do something wacky like giving Mao a staff and Almaz a gun, though I don't really recommend it.

In my experience, you almost always want to fill all three of all your characters' accessory slots with shoes. +3 movement on all your characters opens up a lot more options in terms of positioning, which is a huge advantage.

Don't worry about evilities too much. None of the ones you'll get in the main campaign are very special.

So in other words: don't worry about it! Don't worry about anything! Just do whatever seems cool and it'll probably be fine. In the very worst case scenario you won't cause yourself any problems that a bit of level grinding won't fix. But all that said, if you really want some concrete advice on team composition? Unlock Archers if you haven't already. You'll need a Lady Fighter and a (female) Cleric at level 15. Then once it's within reach, get that Lady Fighter and an Archer to level 35, then pass the bill to unlock Lady Samurai. It costs a lot of mana (700), so you'll want to save-scum to get it to pass on the first attempt, but it's worth it: make a Skilled Exorcist and put all 6 of her bonus points in Attack. Then catch her up to the rest of your group and she will be your best friend for the rest of the campaign.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
EDIT: ^^^I want to jokingly be annoyed, but I can't even muster that up, because you're absolutely right about Lady Samurai. :allears:^^^

Protons posted:

Mages are separated by what kinds of spells they can learn. Red mages can only learn fire, Green wind, Blue ice. Star mages learn Star spells (you won't unlock this for a little while), and later mages get to learn multiple elements.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 1, 2013

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

That's right. You probably want to buy a replacement weapon to use whle you're in the Item World, though.

You need a different colour of mage for that. Red ones learn fire, green ones learn wind, and blue ones learn ice. There are also unlockable classes that can learn all three at once, and/or Star, the special fourth element that you might have seen in the Chapter 1 boss battle or the Item World.

Just how long is the long run you're talking here? If you're talking about the postgame, that's not a concern at all. Unless you go way out of your way to do a whole lot of grinding, nothing you can do in the main campaign will have any impact on the postgame at all.

Even if you're talking about the main campaign itself, most of the systems will probably work the way you expect them to. There aren't any serious traps or blind alleys, as long as you use common sense and don't do something silly like make a party of 10 fighters and give them nothing but axes. (With one exception. Don't touch the Reincarnation button until you know what you're doing.)

Even so, here are some tips:

It's usually best to stick to one type of weapon; learn the 3 basic skills for that weapon first, then boost whichever ones you find yourself using. It's also okay (helpful, even) if you have some spare mana; you'll find plenty of uses for it later.

The only stats you really need to care about are the ones your weapon uses; Attack for swords, spears and axes, Attack and Hit for bows, Attack and Speed for fists, Hit and Speed for guns, and Intelligence for damaging spells. Healing spells (and Overload) scale with Resistance, so Healers and Priests might want to stack that instead of their weapon's stats; it's a matter of preference, really. If your monsters have any damaging or healing spells, give them the ATK/INT weapons; otherwise use the ATK/HIT ones. I think the Vita version of Disgaea 3 retrofits it with a really cool feature from the later games where the story characters' unique skills always scale with the same stats as whatever weapon they're using, which wasn't always the case, so feel free to do something wacky like giving Mao a staff and Almaz a gun, though I don't really recommend it.

In my experience, you almost always want to fill all three of all your characters' accessory slots with shoes. +3 movement on all your characters opens up a lot more options in terms of positioning, which is a huge advantage.

Don't worry about evilities too much. None of the ones you'll get in the main campaign are very special.

So in other words: don't worry about it! Don't worry about anything! Just do whatever seems cool and it'll probably be fine. In the very worst case scenario you won't cause yourself any problems that a bit of level grinding won't fix. But all that said, if you really want some concrete advice on team composition? Unlock Archers if you haven't already. You'll need a Lady Fighter and a (female) Cleric at level 15. Then once it's within reach, get that Lady Fighter and an Archer to level 35, then pass the bill to unlock Lady Samurai. It costs a lot of mana (700), so you'll want to save-scum to get it to pass on the first attempt, but it's worth it: make a Skilled Exorcist and put all 6 of her bonus points in Attack. Then catch her up to the rest of your group and she will be your best friend for the rest of the campaign.

Printed this out to read later on.

How do I unlock classes like archers and lady samurais? My default healer uses bows, but I don't know if I should focus on her healing abilities or her bow fighting.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The last paragraph has the requirements in it. If you've met the requirement, you'll need to pass a bill to unlock the class.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Protons posted:

How do I unlock classes like archers and lady samurais? My default healer uses bows, but I don't know if I should focus on her healing abilities or her bow fighting.

Once you meet the requirements to unlock a new class, you'll get a message at the end of your battle. I don't remember the exact syntax in Disgaea 3, but it'll be something like "'Make an Archer' can now be suggested!". That will give you a Homeroom bill, and once you pass that bill, you'll be able to create as many of the new class as you want, whenever you want. In Disgaea 3, the class bills all have really weird names, but if you read the descriptions it will hopefully be apparent what they're talking about.

Incidentally, this is different from unlocking new tiers of classes you already have, which look the same and do the same things, but are recoloured and slightly stronger. You get a similar message at the end of battle ("x can now be created"), but you don't have to pass a bill for those.

A Healer is never going to be bad at healing no matter how much you neglect it, and she's never going to be great with a bow no matter how much you emphasize it. What I would do is hybridize a bit. Stick with the bow and maybe pick up Attack Punisher, but after that put most of my mana into Heal and Espoir, and carry around a staff to swap in for the extra spell range when I needed it. Any staff would do; even a 50 HL Twig Staff. Just don't sell it by accident and forget to buy a new one. (Like I have.)

e: And yeah, the last paragraph in my last post was just the complete series of operations you have to perform to get Lady Samurai, of which Exorcists are the first tier. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 1, 2013

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
In D2, how do I get my mage to learn the other elemental spells? She has learned omega fire and some of the star spells but no ice or air spells.

Also when is a good time to go to the item world? I think my party is in the level 30-35 region but most of the worthwhile weapons I would want to improve start with level 30 enemies which would be level 40 or higher by the time I got to floor 10, and would probabl kill me. Should I leave item world altogether until Im a higher level?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
In D2, mages pick an elemental affinity during character creation instead of a weapon. On their own, they'll only learn spells of that element and the Star series. Fortunately, it's really easy to copy skills from other characters in D2. It'll be 2 mana and a couple of minutes to learn basic Ice and Wind from scratch, though the stronger versions will be trickier, obviously.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

It costs a lot of mana (700), so you'll want to save-scum to get it to pass on the first attempt,
There's absolutely no reason to do that. It's more useful and not cheaty at all to just buy 30 throwaway items from the item store and pass a few of the easier ones until the success percentage for the Samurai is 70+ reliably.

Also, no need to grind for mana. Doing a run through the character world of any level 1 character and making sure to destroy all the geo blocks will give ~2000 for a single ten-level run.

kimpira
Jul 11, 2012

Brasseye posted:

In D2, how do I get my mage to learn the other elemental spells? She has learned omega fire and some of the star spells but no ice or air spells.

Also when is a good time to go to the item world? I think my party is in the level 30-35 region but most of the worthwhile weapons I would want to improve start with level 30 enemies which would be level 40 or higher by the time I got to floor 10, and would probabl kill me. Should I leave item world altogether until Im a higher level?

In D2, you choose what element the mage uses natively at the time of character creation. You can also switch elements when you reincarnate and you get to keep the skills you've already learned. My main mage has fire, wind, and star spells but I haven't really bothered to get ice spells since fire and star cover nearly everything. But if you create a male and female mage plus a magic knight, you can have all three elements represented and then have them apprentice to each other to get spells for every element.

Before the post-game, it's generally a good idea to do items with lower level enemies. If you plan to kill everything you see, the experience, gold and items really add up, even with low-level enemies. In the early part of the game, you get a larger and more immediate benefit from doing that than the leveled-up equipment that comes out of it.

You can still power up your items without killing every enemy, so once you unlock the Masked Hero class and have a strong long-range attacker (like a spellcaster that uses a staff weapon) you can nuke the enemy standing on the exit panel and then use the Masked Hero, who can pass through enemies, to go straight to the exit.

You can get a free Mr. Gency Exit from the thief at the start of the item world if you don't already have one, so you can always just bail if things get overwhelming. AFAIK, you get to keep your progress in an item even if you get wiped out, so you don't have much to lose except the cost of the hospital bill.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

There's absolutely no reason to do that. It's more useful and not cheaty at all to just buy 30 throwaway items from the item store and pass a few of the easier ones until the success percentage for the Samurai is 70+ reliably.

That would also work. I just didn't want to go into the vagaries of how bribes work, because it's confusing and I don't even know all the details myself.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Some more comments:

Q: Help, i'm afraid of messing up my savegame FOREVER!

A: That can't happen. There is one way to (mostly) reset yourself to zero, which is to throw away all your items, delete all your characters and reincarnate your story characters back to level 1. However even then you'll be better off than at the start of the game, because your reincarnated characters will gain stats faster and you'll have unlocked game mechanics.

In short: There is no way to gently caress up your game unless you intentionally try REALLY HARD.

Q: Help, my [X] doesn't learn skill [Y]!

A: Most characters can learn most skills. In general it involves this: A character has skill [Y], is set as the student of character [X]* and is next to them in a battle. [X] should then have skill [Y] in their skill list at level 0 and can cast it. Once it reaches level 1, they learned it.

* I'm not 100% clear on the exact conditions here in D3, it might involve putting them in the same club and doing some leader/member shenanigans. Play around a bit and use a guaranteed transferrable skill like Heal for your first experiments.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

That would also work. I just didn't want to go into the vagaries of how bribes work, because it's confusing and I don't even know all the details myself.
It's hilariously easy.

You buy a ton of cheap random items and offer them. As long as the item says at least "is a little interested", it'll make them like you.

That's it.

There's extra stuff like some senators REALLY like certain items, and sleeping ones need to be woken up with bombs, and drunk ones need medicine or the result of whether they like you more or less is random and other stuff. However you can safely ignore all of that and just do bribing in the way described above and avoid everything else.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Haven't had a crash on the disc version of the game but it sure does choke like george w eating a pretzel when you select multiple units with a spell. There must be some crazy math going on. I could totally see this as a crash point.

On end game: I max leveled a char and hit a brick wall as far as post game goes at pringer x. If it weren't for cramped items worlds with no geo panels I think I would have gotten tired of grinding innocents and items by now. Thanks god they streamlined this.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
My experience so far with freezes has been that they exclusively happen when (1) animations are off, and (2) somebody uses a fire-type spell. I've had it happen with NPC Ghosts using Fire, my own units using Fire, and my Priest using the first Book weapon skill, which happens to also be fire-type.

I've never had a long-form animation freeze anything, and I've never had any element other than Fire freeze anything. And sometimes it doesn't happen; I've had Mega Fires and such cast on my characters and everything was fine.

But it shouldn't be freezing at all.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Between D:D2 and GTA5, the moral here seems to be 'The PSN's not entirely ready for digital distribution.'

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I'm having issue with the "Idol Fight" level.

I've got my Laharl to level 40, and my other guys to about 20-30.

I've done a couple of runs through the first 10 levels of an item world (keep having to leave to go to work or something). I guess I could go back and do more levels?

A couple of questions:

Does my character or my enemy need to be standing on the +Exp panel? I've been having my guy stand on it, but I can see how it'd make sense to have the enemy on it.

Also, the bonus at the end of the level, if it's +1000 Exp (or whatever) does it effect every character? Every character that's exited the panel?

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

This is helpful stuff, thanks. I totally forgot that I selected element when I first created the mage. And I completely forgot that masked heroes exist even though I used them a lot in the last disgaea I played. Im going to make getting masked heroes my priority for an easier time in the item world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

kimpira posted:

Disgaea D2 is probably my favorite game of the series on a mechanical level, but it's a shame they took out the X Dimension stuff. Those stages would help to fill out the gap between the Prinny Land/character recruit stages and those last few battles.

Here is what I did in your situation, maybe this will be helpful to someone:

You have to realize that you will never accumulate stored levels any faster than at non-Rasetsu LoC with one star, which puts the CoO6 sharks just barely at 9999, and a big pile of Statisticians. I was getting to 9999 in two clears of CoO6 with Mana at 70% and the rest dumped to XP in the cheat shop and 5 stacks of 300 stats.

So what I did where you are is get a trap to 300, a Guardian to 500, and a bunch of statisticians together, and throw whoever you want to max into that +aptitude group. Then put on some podcasts or TV shows and zone out while you spend the next 5 hours or so of your life getting to 250 reincarnations and 2.5 million stored levels, and 300% aptitudes at the same time. Once you get there, switch Rasetsu mode on, reincarnate one last time, and giggle uncontrollably as your stats explode during your final trip to 9999.

After that you want to max your absorbed stats by running CoO6 against as high a level you can manage, although if you have a Heart's Shadow, you might want to build up a massive hatefest against your new uber-character first. This will take far, far less time than those 250 reincarnations did.

omnibobb posted:

A couple of questions:

Does my character or my enemy need to be standing on the +Exp panel? I've been having my guy stand on it, but I can see how it'd make sense to have the enemy on it.

Also, the bonus at the end of the level, if it's +1000 Exp (or whatever) does it effect every character? Every character that's exited the panel?

Sorry I can't help with the first bit, what is the "Idol Fight" level? Generally speaking most troubles in Disgaea can be solved by more powerleveling.

The enemy has to be standing on the +EXP/+MANA/+HL tile to get the bonus, not you. Everyone standing in the level outside the base gets the bonus XP at the end; anybody left in the panel or dead does not. It's useful to bring out a bunch of lowbies just before killing the last enemy if you see you're going to get a nice XP bonus.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 1, 2013

• Locked thread