Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Machai posted:

Stop using chloros to fill all your raid healing roles. Give clerics some love. Also, the Defiler should have a leftover link for you to use, esp if you are in melee.

Well, now that we have clerics we maybe can do this? Previously we had like 7 mages and 1-2 clerics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

necrotic posted:

Well, now that we have clerics we maybe can do this? Previously we had like 7 mages and 1-2 clerics.

God drat. Can we trade? We are running low on mages, especially DPS, and have too many clerics (and one is a dirty little dwarf). We could also use any warriors you may have as we have at most 3 any given raid night. Keep your drat rogues though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Machai posted:

God drat. Can we trade? We are running low on mages, especially DPS, and have too many clerics (and one is a dirty little dwarf). We could also use any warriors you may have as we have at most 3 any given raid night. Keep your drat rogues though.

I'm able to do 12k dps on eggtenders :smugdog:

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Just give all your spare mages and clerics to me. Everybody wins! :v:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
if anyone is doing an FT run tonight and needs an extra player, i'm available as i need stones to shard first all the t2 chests and legs on faeblight buy my last critpower piece (oh god i need to farm 50k infinity stones). i can tank or dps or bm or whatever* and i dont need any loot.

*may suck at bm

e: royalsx@faeblight

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 30, 2013

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I'm being kept late again today. gently caress real life.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Machai posted:

Hey Vandee, here's our chance!

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

^^^^ Do it. We are recruiting due to having lost a few key people to RL stuff. We have been running T1s lately with only 15 guildies. Also, if you come to GA we have one warrior in that group and we mostly get warrior drops. We have sharded pretty much everything the last two weeks :(

Eltoasto posted:

I'm able to do 12k dps on eggtenders :smugdog:

Sadly, I think you beat some of our DPS. I know I would barely beat you by 1-2k in inq but I have almost no CP :(

Machai fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 30, 2013

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Posting for an invite, character name "Satinae".

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

2.5 announced for 11/6 :)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Just give all your spare mages and clerics to me. Everybody wins! :v:

Are you calling me a spare

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

Are you calling me a spare

Spare left over from a guild disposal

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Daerc posted:

Spare left over from a guild disposal

:iceburn:

You've also spared for us that one time on matriarch!

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

:iceburn:

You've also spared for us that one time on matriarch!

Woah, mine was meant with regards to TI, and I honestly can't really put vitriol into making fun of Zoness anymore, and a large part of that is simply that he was very clear with his intent to make his cleric his main come SL (like around June or something). I can't remember when he swapped the cleric over to TI, but as far as I can remember said cleric was in TI in all but name before we'd cleared HK.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Machai posted:

Sadly, I think you beat some of our DPS. I know I would barely beat you by 1-2k in inq but I have almost no CP :(

:staredog:

Inquisitor IIRC has some of the closest weights for Spell Power and Crit Power. I know I was doing 2.4 PTS parses with like 300-400 crit power in dummy foundry for 18-20k or so. The test gear had almost no crit power on it and could put you to like I dunno 22, 24k?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 31, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

:staredog:

Inquisitor IIRC has some of the closest weights for Spell Power and Crit Power. I know I was doing 2.4 PTS parses with like 300-400 crit power in dummy foundry for 18-20k or so.

Maybe I'm just bad at rotations? I have not done DPS in a raiding environment for years so any rotations more complex than Def-cab with its many dots and like one 15sec cooldown is too much effort for me to bother with perfecting. Basic Inquisitor is keep dots up - BoJx5 - Fan - BoD - Nysyr - BoR - BoD - BoRx2 - BoJx3 - BoD etc yes? I mess up the BoRx2 part a lot and am bad at counting to 5 so I waste L&D Concord stacks all the time (gently caress you travel time). also I have like less than 300 CP. Off the top of my head I think I have one, maybe two, pieces with CP plus the boot rune.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Listening to Bowie today and I just realized Fashion has a line that mentions Goon Squad. Do you guys use "Beep-beep" as your battle cry?

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
In-game as Elapidae, level 18 pyro. I'll send a invite request tonight!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Elmo Oxygen posted:

In-game as Elapidae, level 18 pyro. I'll send a invite request tonight!

There is one waiting in your inbox!

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Eltoasto posted:

2.5 announced for 11/6 :)

speaking of, has anyone been testing the warrior changes on the pts? any thoughts about them?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Vendictus Prime posted:

speaking of, has anyone been testing the warrior changes on the pts? any thoughts about them?

10:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: so my burst on pts w/live gear is 45k dps
10:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: over10sec
10:58 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: add flaring = warriors fuckin broken
11:55 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet is now Online.
11:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: nvm
11:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: 50k
11:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: inc carbomb top dps every fight forever

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

KaneTW posted:

10:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: so my burst on pts w/live gear is 45k dps
10:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: over10sec
10:58 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: add flaring = warriors fuckin broken
11:55 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet is now Online.
11:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: nvm
11:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: 50k
11:57 AM - im camo down to my grimes tweet: inc carbomb top dps every fight forever

Can't even say I'm genuinely surprised. Real question is will this be like other things where warriors get buffed and everybody gets buffed up to meet them or will it be a buff and gradual nerfing to put them back in nearly the same exact place?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So I haven't hosed around with this since the beta but now that I see it's free to play, and somehow I missed it going to that model, I can't pass it up. In the game as Hamsterlord the cleric.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm guessing Riftstalker isn't a great way to level? I love the class in theory but a tank class that doesn't have much healing seems like it wouldn't be an ideal way to level. Then again, I guess with souls, I don't really have to.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Just go Tactician if you have SL souls. It's really good. Without them you're probably best off with something like BD/RS.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm guessing Riftstalker isn't a great way to level? I love the class in theory but a tank class that doesn't have much healing seems like it wouldn't be an ideal way to level. Then again, I guess with souls, I don't really have to.

I've been leveling with a Ranger/marksman build cause. Well. Pets and Range = gently caress pve forever.

Then i've got a Riftstalker/ranger/bard alt soul for dungeoning. Cause gently caress if i'm ever going to get to do anything but tank in them. :emo:

Blinks77 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 1, 2013

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Thumbtacks posted:

Roll Tactician, burn the world down. :getin:

Speaking of, can I get an invite for my alt? Name is Plinkogenesis.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 1, 2013

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008
I'm enjoying this game and the multiple ways of playing each class; can I get an invite on my cleric Rokh?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Daerc posted:

Can't even say I'm genuinely surprised. Real question is will this be like other things where warriors get buffed and everybody gets buffed up to meet them or will it be a buff and gradual nerfing to put them back in nearly the same exact place?

i think classes are going to get buffed to start pushing guilds into t2. a lot of the dps checks in t2 are very tight and class buffs should help with that.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

shut up gelly posted:

i think classes are going to get buffed to start pushing guilds into t2. a lot of the dps checks in t2 are very tight and class buffs should help with that.

What they should really do is make loot tables not atrocious but that will never happen.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

necrotic posted:

What they should really do is make loot tables not atrocious but that will never happen.

I don't think that's the issue. Getting hit is one thing, meeting the enrage or DPS requirements is another.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

KaneTW posted:

I don't think that's the issue. Getting hit is one thing, meeting the enrage or DPS requirements is another.

And we all know there are no classes in the game whose DPS is directly proportional to weapon DPS which is significantly higher on Relic weapons, NOPE. NOT A ONE.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

And we all know there are no classes in the game whose DPS is directly proportional to weapon DPS which is significantly higher on Relic weapons, NOPE. NOT A ONE.

Is it clerics? I feel your pain!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Increasing the number of drops on T1 bosses would be a neat way to speed people up to T2. Maybe a bit too obvious tho.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Making generic drops might make more sense, but nooooo.

Take FT/EE same exact loot tables for every boss plus:
- Matriarch now also drops a Hilt (or Hilt-like component, make 2 types of components if you want RNG and farmability)
- Goloch now drops 1 of 2 other components
- Twins now drop 1 of 2 yet another components

Want a Relic one hander? Matriarch or Twins component + Goloch Component + God Heart + Token (FES/ESM) item (costing ~75% of the cheapest item)
Want a Relic two hander? One Hander + 1 Twins or Matriarch component + Swirling Infinity Particle + Token (FES/ESM) item (costing ~75% of the cheapest item).

So you need 1 Matriarch Kill, 1 Twins Kill, 1 Goloch Kill, a god kill + some FES/ESM and some plat for a guaranteed useful Relic weapon. Instead of 50 kills of each for no loving useful weapons.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That's one thing SWTOR does that I REALLY wish Rift would do. Along with normal drops, it just drops tokens for the raid pieces, so everyone can roll on them and someone is getting something useful. Killing the boss should be the accomplishment, not winning the loot table RNG.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

That's one thing SWTOR does that I REALLY wish Rift would do. Along with normal drops, it just drops tokens for the raid pieces, so everyone can roll on them and someone is getting something useful. Killing the boss should be the accomplishment, not winning the loot table RNG.

Didn't WoW do that too - but for armor?

You do get raid marks for boss kills so I mean yeah you're going to get something. Weapon and accessories being subject to RNG sucks but I honestly haven't seen it being a huge stumbling block for any numbers checks in Tier 1 progression (Tier 1 of SL content had essentially no DPS gear checks although getting as much DPS as possible on Matriarch was certainly tricky) and in theory shouldn't be an issue in Tier 2 barring sloppiness (although I'm probably not the best person to be talking about gear requirements or anything).

It would probably be nice for people who were missing tier 1 weapons to have an easy way to get those to meet tier 2 raid requirements, but they should throw the hardcore raidloggers like me a bone and make it easy to get greaters as well :colbert:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 1, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Is it clerics? I feel your pain!

warriors are entirely dependant on weapon dps. weapon dps is the most important stat for them. a t1 relic over a t1 epic weapon adds 1-2k dps alone, and a bunch of warrior trees have weapon dps % increase talents. one of our warriors got the t2 1h from grim brothers a couple of weeks ago and went from being on par to easily ~1k dps ahead.

necrotic posted:

good news! the itemization in t2 is loving horrendous. everything has crit power on it to the extreme, which means you'll be passing on cp pieces that drop (and there are a lot of cp pieces) after you hit cap, which is now trivial.

deimos posted:

Making generic drops might make more sense, but nooooo.

Take FT/EE same exact loot tables for every boss plus:
- Matriarch now also drops a Hilt (or Hilt-like component, make 2 types of components if you want RNG and farmability)
- Goloch now drops 1 of 2 other components
- Twins now drop 1 of 2 yet another components

Want a Relic one hander? Matriarch or Twins component + Goloch Component + God Heart + Token (FES/ESM) item (costing ~75% of the cheapest item)
Want a Relic two hander? One Hander + 1 Twins or Matriarch component + Swirling Infinity Particle + Token (FES/ESM) item (costing ~75% of the cheapest item).

So you need 1 Matriarch Kill, 1 Twins Kill, 1 Goloch Kill, a god kill + some FES/ESM and some plat for a guaranteed useful Relic weapon. Instead of 50 kills of each for no loving useful weapons.

i just dont see why the vendor raid weapons aren't upgradeable to relics the same way the vendor armor is upgradeable with crafting mats. also using a 2hander has hosed me over, because if i get a t2 1hander, i wont have a good offhand and will have to settle for a lovely phys crit axe. fantastic.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

warriors are entirely dependant on weapon dps. weapon dps is the most important stat for them. a t1 relic over a t1 epic weapon adds 1-2k dps alone, and a bunch of warrior trees have weapon dps % increase talents. one of our warriors got the t2 1h from grim brothers a couple of weeks ago and went from being on par to easily ~1k dps ahead.

Is your sarcasm sensor broken because I think it is.

quote:

good news! the itemization in t2 is loving horrendous. everything has crit power on it to the extreme, which means you'll be passing on cp pieces that drop (and there are a lot of cp pieces) after you hit cap, which is now trivial.

Good thing I only have spell power gear then :smugdog:

quote:

i just dont see why the vendor raid weapons aren't upgradeable to relics the same way the vendor armor is upgradeable with crafting mats. also using a 2hander has hosed me over, because if i get a t2 1hander, i wont have a good offhand and will have to settle for a lovely phys crit axe. fantastic.

Sounds like someone doesn't already have a relic weapon for every configuration! Slacker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Was kinda planning on leveling my Warrior up to 60 this weekend, but now thinking I should hold off until the 2.5 changes go in. Will the sub 60 builds be getting increased power?

• Locked thread