Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Tecman posted:

There's a solution for the textures: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-vision

There's also a model replacement pack, but I personally don't like it: http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

That actually looks pretty drat decent. Time to spend 10 bones on GOG I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Make sure you also run it with the directx 10 renderer and for the love of god please use Biomod.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I remember buying Deus Ex this spring, but when I tried to play it I just couldn't get past how awfully dated it looks. Hopefully those mods will help me get past that.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
Even with the texture packs it still looks like a 2001 game for the most part, and there's still lots of dated mechanics. If you can get past that you really should play it, at least two times. A lot of the magic of Deus Ex is seeing all the poo poo you missed the first time.

Sex Beef 2.0 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 30, 2013

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

I've been playing the Director's Cut lately, intending to collect most achievements and currently going for a Pacifist run. I've been looking for an answer but I can't seem to find a conclusive one. Does the Pacifist achievement get ruined if a KO'd enemy dies from an exploding bot? I managed to successfully complete the situation where someone could have gotten killed (trying to avoid spoilers) by moving their bodies away from the bot and otherwise ran around zapping people. Was fun.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Welp, looks like I've got a bad case of the Hengsha Limb Clinic glitch with no convenient recent saves. I do have a save about 10 minutes back, but hopefully they patch it soon.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Emetic Hustler posted:

I've been playing the Director's Cut lately, intending to collect most achievements and currently going for a Pacifist run. I've been looking for an answer but I can't seem to find a conclusive one. Does the Pacifist achievement get ruined if a KO'd enemy dies from an exploding bot? I managed to successfully complete the situation where someone could have gotten killed (trying to avoid spoilers) by moving their bodies away from the bot and otherwise ran around zapping people. Was fun.

The wiki says that accidentally killing someone with an exploding bot doesn't negate the achievement. Though I did that specific section the safe way anyway.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

The only glitch I've found is the Last Straw achievement not being possible, even if I do the right choice. Might need to restart that section of the game, but after I finish the current run.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Emetic Hustler posted:

The only glitch I've found is the Last Straw achievement not being possible, even if I do the right choice. Might need to restart that section of the game, but after I finish the current run.

I got that achievement no problem (just got past that part and the aforementioned part).

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

api call girl posted:

The wiki says that accidentally killing someone with an exploding bot doesn't negate the achievement. Though I did that specific section the safe way anyway.

Yeah, but on other places it says it does, but I guess the wiki knows what it's talking about. But I also managed to do it the safe way after a few tries. Those guys better be grateful for saving their bacon even after I zapped them.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Emetic Hustler posted:

I think it still counts like it used to but unconscious bodies are much hardier when you toss them with the strength mod then the original game. I've only killed two one on accident when I tossed another guy into him and once trying to figure out what it takes to kill them, I had to throw him straight up. I ran in and chucked them out of the way before I blew up the bot.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 30, 2013

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
What's this I keep hearing about 2 screen stuff?
I thought that was just for the WiiU version of the game? Can we get it for the PC version?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Fatrick posted:

What's this I keep hearing about 2 screen stuff?
I thought that was just for the WiiU version of the game? Can we get it for the PC version?

Apparently there's a program and app you can get from Intel that will enable this functionality. I haven't gone out looking for it yet.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
It's from Intel, apparently it's not available just yet:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/perceptual-screen-control.html

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Completed my play through and managed to get every achievement except Pacifist. :bang:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Man it sucks when poo poo like that happens. Any idea what tripped you up? I remember some dude somehow died when I pulled the ol' trapdoor spider trick of dragging my prey into the vent I just crawled out of.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

No idea. The only iffy part I can think of was saving Malik at the start of Hengsha 2, which I didn't do during my Pacifist run of the original game. There were 10 soldiers at that part right? I'm pretty sure I counted 10 unconscious bodies before moving on. I can't think of anywhere else I could have tripped up, unless people still randomly die when you hit them with darts?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Makes me want an easy way to track whether you're on track to an achievement or not. Easiest way would probably be some kind of current play through statistic page, but I doubt they would add something like that in at this point.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Is it my imagination or are the graphics on the Directors Cut different (worse)?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yeah it can happen when you're not looking, which is strange. The aforementioned guy who died waited to die until I wasn't looking. I left him alone for not even 5 loving minutes and the dude somehow dies in a vent. My best guess would be an unconscious body in an awkward position that made them take damage, or collateral on the edge of an explosion.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Maybe if I have time this weekend I'll attempt a NG+ speedrun of the main story where I just cloak my way past everyone I can.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Sanzuo posted:

Is it my imagination or are the graphics on the Directors Cut different (worse)?

They changed the colour grading. The overwhelming golden glow is more of a haze now, and blue shades are a bit stronger. It makes the world look a little colder and more metallic overall.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Dominic White posted:

They changed the colour grading. The overwhelming golden glow is more of a haze now, and blue shades are a bit stronger. It makes the world look a little colder and more metallic overall.

Without doing a side-by-side comparison I can't be sure, but the facial animations during cutscenes seem less animated, the shading seems off and some of the textures look lower res. It could be that I'm nuts and have been playing other games though...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is a sickness coming, grey and deadly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
So I managed to fix my previously mentioned Hengsha music loop bug by pausing and unpausing the game, but now on the second visit, I got the music bug again when exiting the same LIMB clinic, only this time I fixed it by pressing a random key and incidentally performing a Jensen Punch™ on an unsuspecting civilian. :stare:

This loving Director's Cut.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Psion posted:

Shifter/Biomod made the PS20 awesome.

Actually Shifter/Biomod just made an excellent game even more excellent in general.

Shifter/Biomod made the much-hated stealth pistol godlike by way of JoJo's bizarre stealth pisol, Lo Bruto, found neatly on his corpse on the return trip to the hotel. It's iffy accuracy, handling, and mag are easily offset by the collection of weapon upgrades you've probably been hording, and it kicks the poo poo outta every other handgun

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

The Colonel posted:

So I managed to fix my previously mentioned Hengsha music loop bug by pausing and unpausing the game, but now on the second visit, I got the music bug again when exiting the same LIMB clinic, only this time I fixed it by pressing a random key and incidentally performing a Jensen Punch™ on an unsuspecting civilian. :stare:
Probably triggered the battle/hostile music.

Wiseblood posted:

No idea. The only iffy part I can think of was saving Malik at the start of Hengsha 2, which I didn't do during my Pacifist run of the original game. There were 10 soldiers at that part right? I'm pretty sure I counted 10 unconscious bodies before moving on. I can't think of anywhere else I could have tripped up, unless people still randomly die when you hit them with darts?
I'm pretty certain it is 10, I know it was some even number like that. I counted 10 in this Pacifist video from the original.

Even the dart thing is supposed to not count as a kill unless it specifically doesn't show "Merciful Soul". Then again, moving people can do it, too, although I don't remember the specifics on that one. I had to do it twice, myself, in the original version. It's just picky, and, honestly, probably something they should have added to the Director's Cut, especially since it's a longer requirement now.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Is Factory Zero still a thing in the Missing Link section of the DC?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The soundscape bug in Hengsha seems a lot more prevalent and harder to fix during your second visit, so be wary of when and where you save there!

Also what's up with the sidequest involving the rogue Belltower augs? I've found the dead soldier in their hideout, and my only objective is to read his pocket secretary, which I've done and I know it says they're in the sewers, but it looks like there's only harvesters down there.

Geight fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 31, 2013

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Geight posted:

The soundscape bug in Hengsha seems a lot more prevalent and harder to fix during your second visit, so be wary of when and where you save there!

Also what's up with the sidequest involving the rogue Belltower augs? I've found the dead soldier in their hideout, and my only objective is to read his pocket secretary, which I've done and I know it says they're in the sewers, but it looks like there's only harvesters down there.

They're in the other part of the sewers. Near Alice Garden Pods.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Smol posted:

They're in the other part of the sewers. Near Alice Garden Pods.

Groovy, thanks. I figured that area was supposed to be an alternate path for earlier missions, and didn't think to look there.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Yeah, if you pick up the quest, you literally can't miss them, since (sewer location) they're right next to the ladder to take to go rescue Tong's son.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

api call girl posted:

Is Factory Zero still a thing in the Missing Link section of the DC?

Looking at the achievments list in SAM, yes it is.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Looking at the achievments list in SAM, yes it is.

That seems excessively harsh considering I'm actually lugging around gear I nominally care about now. :[

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
You can have it, you just can't use it!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I just did the Talion A.D. quest for the first time. Wow, why did I never do this quest in any other playthroughs? That was pretty cool. Zelazny is a cool character.

(oh yeah and also hengsha audio bug for the third time :mad: it only triggers upon exiting LIMB though so i guess that's tolerable but this time it caused some weird issue where i tried performing a takedown on a civilian and it took a few seconds to play the takedown animation)

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

The Colonel posted:

I just did the Talion A.D. quest for the first time. Wow, why did I never do this quest in any other playthroughs? That was pretty cool. Zelazny is a cool character.

Yeah, I've never done anything except let him go.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Making energy recharge up two cells is a start, but I can't help but feel they should have just had the additional cells you unlock recharge as well. Either that or have takedowns take up 99% of a cell or something.
Now I'm still looking at that empty third cell and am thinking to myself "Sure, I could recharge you. But it will still feel like a completely waste when Jensen punches a dude in a few minutes".

The OP mentiones a Cheat Engine script that makes all cells recharge. Anyone know if there's an updated trainer or something else that's simpler to use and does the same thing?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Speaking of The Missing Link, since we can actually keep it now is Burke's Revolver any better than the normal one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Raygereio posted:

Now I'm still looking at that empty third cell and am thinking to myself "Sure, I could recharge you. But it will still feel like a completely waste when Jensen punches a dude in a few minutes."

Why not just run on one cell (or now, two cells) until you need a full charge, then binge on candy? I thought that was the idea.

Wiseblood posted:

Speaking of The Missing Link, since we can actually keep it now is Burke's Revolver any better than the normal one?

It comes fully upgraded and with a laser sight, but you can't mod it to use the explosive rounds like a regular revolver.

Which is why I carry both. :clint:

Asbury fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 31, 2013

• Locked thread