Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Autonomous Monster posted:

And, as if on cue chapter 70.

In which Hiro continues to be a tit, Danchou continues on in her little Danchou world, Imamura continues to self-destruct, high schoolers continue to be more excited by people dating than I ever remember, and Aki loses what little is left of her m- oh, Aki never had a mind, my mistake.

(I actually kinda miss Aki, I wish she'd get more screentime.)

I found the whole revelation that Hiro was never really interested in Aki an interesting twist, since they initially portrayed Aki as someone who had a pretty idealistic high school life.

I'm a little unclear on whether it's possible for both time lines to really exist at the same time. It seems like only one Imamura can be conscious/not in a coma at a time, since he transitions by experiencing brain trauma. Is time progressing at a normal rate in the original world while Imamura remains in a coma, or does a week in the "again" world only translate to a shorter amount of time of him being in a coma in the original world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So yeah. I'm happy right now;
Kodansha Comics Adds UQ Holder, Seven Deadly Sins Manga

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Again!! 71

In which Hiro fucks with Reo's head some.

God loving dammit, Hiro.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
King Golf just had a shitload of chapters uploaded. Remember that sports manga formula everyone discussed a long while back?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Harold Sakuishi who made Beck has a new manga out called Rin about a kid wanting to be a manga artist and some girl who can sort of see the future. Its very similar to Beck so far

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New Iris Zero. Jesus that took far too long.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ConanThe3rd posted:

New Iris Zero. Jesus that took far too long.

I'd actually completely forgotten that existed.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Chapters 51 and 52 of The Seven Deadly Sins:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/202606/nanatsu-no-taizai_ch51_by_red-hawk-neo

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/202998/nanatsu-no-taizai_ch52_by_red-hawk-neo

I'm glad we're moving into a new arc finally. I got what I wanted in a new Sin to be introduced after all this time and next chapter is shaping up to be a :siren::black101::siren: beatdown so I can't wait!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yessss. It feels like ages since we met a new Sin.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Another insane policewoman Kiruko chapter (with less Kiruko).

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sindai posted:

Yessss. It feels like ages since we met a new Sin.

My sentiments exactly. With Diane getting Gideon, we've seen all four Sins properly rage so it's finally time for this new guy/it to hopefully trash this special group.

Also, I was neutral about the kids but for some reason Armando stuck out to me so I'm hoping he's gonna be either an ally or an enemy. Afterall, we had that spread of all those new Second Gen. Holy Knights posing all creeper-like.
There's some really rad character designs though so I'm hyped up. Tall-scar dude and short smushed-out face are hilarious.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Seven Sins is a really high quality shounen series. It probably won't be considered a classic or anything, but it just has much better art/action/setting than you usually see in battle shounen manga.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Seven Sins is a really high quality shounen series. It probably won't be considered a classic or anything, but it just has much better art/action/setting than you usually see in battle shounen manga.

Whilst AoT has clout as the big number attraction I really hope Crunchyroll put Sins as their second/third (given UQ) big hitter for the manga service.

The fact it's one of the few series with all it's chapters up helps a load.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sins is pretty good indeed, although I really loved the previous work from the author a lot more. Seriously, Kongoh Bancho is a must read. One of the craziest goddamn Shonen out there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Sins is pretty good indeed, although I really loved the previous work from the author a lot more. Seriously, Kongoh Bancho is a must read. One of the craziest goddamn Shonen out there.
True. I wish that and ZKC would be part of CR too.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Plutonis posted:

Holy poo poo, I did not know it was the same guy, though I can tell that the art is the same in retrospect.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo, I did not know it was the same guy, though I can tell that the art is the same in retrospect.

The art, and the weird fixation on giants.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
edit: Doubutsu no Kuni is licensed as Animal Land. Go buy it if you have the funds.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 3, 2013

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

toanoradian posted:

Remember Doubutsu no Kuni, made by the guy who makes Gash Bell? The manga that has its last update on September of 2012? Well it's updated again. With nine new volumes.

Nine.

From volume 3 to 12, the penultimate volume.

:psyboom:

Jesus Christ. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's licensed so you should go and buy it instead.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins

Calling on the armor dude being just a dupe and Armando is the real Gowther.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Seven Deadly Sins

A twist like that sounds quite likely.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I wish people would stop posting licensed poo poo all over this forum.

The latest chapter of Blazing Nobunaga shows the importance of studying history. Especially if you're a time traveling ninja attempting to take over Japan. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Blazing-Nobunaga/Vol-001-Ch-004-Read-Online?id=178605

And Tetsugaku Letra continues to be the best.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tetsugaku-Letra/Vol-003-Ch-011--The-Chicken-Next-Door-Laid-An-Egg?id=178564

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Plutonis posted:

Haha, I thought exactly the same thing the moment we got his backstory.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

toanoradian posted:

Remember Doubutsu no Kuni, made by the guy who makes Gash Bell? The manga that has its last update on September of 2012? Well it's updated again. With nine new volumes.

Nine.

From volume 3 to 12, the penultimate volume.

:psyboom:

Good god, that is incredibly violent for a children's series (which it is, since it won some Kodansha award in the children's category). Bones sticking out of severed limbs and entrails being torn out of folks left and right.

edit: This has prompted me to start re-reading Gash Bell, which I had forgotten was actually quite good.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 3, 2013

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Good god, that is incredibly violent for a children's series (which it is, since it won some Kodansha award in the children's category). Bones sticking out of severed limbs and entrails being torn out of folks left and right.

edit: This has prompted me to start re-reading Gash Bell, which I had forgotten was actually quite good.

As a frame of reference. Animal Land runs in the same anthology as Attack on Titan (and XXX-Holic Rei so you can't win them all), Best Shounen, following Raiku's little bust up with Shougakugan involving his poo poo somehow getting lost in transit from artist table to printing press.

Kodansha itself got itself involved in that song and dance with Takeouchi with one of her post Sailor Moon series and is part and parcel why she faffs the whole affair off and just manages Sailor Moon as an IP and not getting her lazy slob of a husband to either poo poo or get off pot as far as Hunter x Hunter is concerned.

This might be part of why Animal Land and Sailor Moon are not available digitally in spite of Kodansha's gun-ho attitude on the matter which is a massive pain in the balls and gives scanlators/pirates an out to keep on keeping on.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 3, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

coathat posted:

I wish people would stop posting licensed poo poo all over this forum.

I apologize. I didn't bother to check the licensing status because I've rarely bought manga in English, only in my native Indonesian. It's so easy to check whether it's been licensed or not, too :doh:

As exchange for my laziness, I want to ask the thread: have you been following the serialization of Koe no Katachi? Because you should. It's now past the elementary school chapter (which, since prolonged, feels more painful to read) and into the truly new developments.

I think the girl forgives the boy far too easily, but can't deny that when the two actually interact it's both awkward and adorable :3:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Rosario+Vampire continues to own.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:asoiaf:

How I wish this thing would be weekly with that many pages, is so great. I found amusing that the true identities of all the monsters are bishonen guys, though. :v:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

As a frame of reference. Animal Land runs in the same anthology as Attack on Titan (and XXX-Holic Rei so you can't win them all), Best Shounen

Also Flowers of Evil. (And the manga adaptation of From the New World. :barf:) I'll never understand why Bessatsu Shonen is considered shonen.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 4, 2013

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's because the manga in it written for teenage boys.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Again!! 72!

In which Shibata refuses to cut her losses, and even Imamura's grandma gets fed up with how determined he is to avoid affection.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They're only sort-of Shounen, but I liked Death Note and Mirai Nikki. Is there anything similar in concept to the two?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Another 3 Sket Dance chapters just dropped.

Oh man! Himeko Onizuka wants to be a teacher! She'll be a great teacher, I'm sure. :v::rimshot:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Have you guys had enough :qq: in your day today? If you haven't, here's another 2 chapters of Koe no Katachi to revel in bittersweet melancholy!

It really is one of the most touching mangas. And the curly haired sidekick friend dude is really the best Curly Haired Sidekick Friend.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

toanoradian posted:

edit: Doubutsu no Kuni is licensed as Animal Land. Go buy it if you have the funds.

What the gently caress, I read chapter 0 of this a while ago and it was gay cat bromance

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrSunshine posted:

Have you guys had enough :qq: in your day today? If you haven't, here's another 2 chapters of Koe no Katachi to revel in bittersweet melancholy!

It really is one of the most touching mangas. And the curly haired sidekick friend dude is really the best Curly Haired Sidekick Friend.

This is really great but I would prefer getting more focus on Nishiyama.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

And the curly haired sidekick friend dude is really the best Curly Haired Sidekick Friend.

How quickly we forget about Onani Master Kurosawa's CHSF.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Birdmen/Ch-005--flight-003-BLACK-OUT?id=179234

Birdmen is speeding up. Hopefully this won't randomly turn out to be a miniseries like Shuumatsu no Laughter was, because I really like Tanabe Yellow's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I really am not a fan of Koe no Katachi because it's centered on, and narrated by, the original bully. Not because I think he's a terrible person or irredeemable or anything, but because his story isn't the interesting one, and being shown events from his POV isn't very appealing to me. More to the point, I really don't like the dynamic it gives the comic, again not because it's bad but because it's not the one I want to see - by not being focused on her troubles specifically, but instead the reformed bully, it really feels like a story that's more interested in making excuses for the dude and saying 'hey he wasn't that poo poo forever see, you can improve too' rather than focusing on the actual victim's problems and issues. It's not a bad message, but it could have been delivered just as well if he was the secondary protagonist, and not the girl.