Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dexo posted:

Actor who played Laurel's mom who believed that Sarah was still alive.

That did seem really off - this is normally a pretty tightly plotted show, it would have been weird for them to spend that much time on something that was a total dead-end.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Great episode. So it looks like Sarah somehow got recruited as Oliver's torturer by the Amazo people? That's interesting, and it might explain Oliver's line at the end about "if your family knew how I thought you really died, they'd never speak to me again".

Who wants to bet that Ollie ends up killing her himself? Possibly just a mercy killing, but still, it would pretty well explain why he completely never mentioned this to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sarah knows Slade! Shooting grenades! Weapon swapping! Sin! Brother Blood! There's no "This goddam show :stare:" big enough.

Really liked the Mayor as well, sad he's not gonna be coming back some time. And as a villain who apparently isn't in the comics (as my wiki search tells me) they did a great job making him feel like he came from there.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I just want more ridiculous PSAs written into the show. Like they some how work in PSAs where the kids going to like touch a live wire and then Ollie shoots him in the hand and is like " Never play with Electricity" then turns to the camera winks throws a smoke bomb and grappling arrows away.

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:tviv:

This show man. This effin' show.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Please no love triangle/jealousy thing between Roy, Thea, and Sin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if the Sarah stuff is going to be the midseason cliffhanger. It's accelerating really quickly.

I was expecting her to be an occasional guest, but every episode and Ollie finding out already is crazy.

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008
Uhggggggg there going to be a love triangle between roy/thea/sin isn't there...

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Legacyspy posted:

No...? I really didn't get that vibe.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just realized the actress who plays Canary was that girl from Mad Men that tried to seduce Don in California.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Legacyspy posted:

Yea, I don't expect them to do that. They have shown Thea to be a much more mature and thoughtful young woman this season, rather than the damaged brat (a line I just stole from the AV Club review) she was at the start of last season.

This show is not afraid to move fast. No sir.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

If there was a love triangle with Roy, Thea, and Sin, I don't really think it'd be Roy on the "good" end. Plus, I don't think this show, even being on the CW, is that lame.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I would assume that instead of an actual love triangle, Roy just gets jealous of sin for being a sidekick to a super hero but Thea would misconstrue that he liked her.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Hollis posted:

She seems to be stone cold sober for someone with a BAL of .14, thats uh pretty significant. Unless the cop meant .68, cause then uh she'd be dead.

Yeah, I rewound the show about 4 times trying to make sure I didn't mishear him. He said .6. So yeah, she is super sober for being dead.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

XboxPants posted:

Who wants to bet that Ollie ends up killing her himself? Possibly just a mercy killing, but still, it would pretty well explain why he completely never mentioned this to anyone.

And her connection to the League of Assassins is that she probably got put in the Lazarus Pit to save her.

This show.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That was my favorite episode in a long, long while. Just had absolutely everything in it. Even Glau's character got to make a couple of appearances to remind us what her deal is. Agreeing with everyone that it's nuts that this was only the 4th episode of the season. I'm kind of anticipating a little stretch with some "filler" episodes that are island-light after maybe the next one, but the plot is still moving at a really great pace.

Although I've gotta say, really not looking forward to Emo Alcoholic Laurel. She just got over her obsession with catching Ollie, and now they switch her from 'frustratingly stubborn' to 'frustratingly annoyed at everyone trying to care for her'. Hopefully it leads to something good, because having a bunch of scenes where Katie Cassidy is being very emotional about something isn't the show's strong suit.

qbert posted:

Just realized the actress who plays Canary was that girl from Mad Men that tried to seduce Don in California.

That's where she's from! I knew she looked familiar but couldn't figure out where I'd seen her before.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Did they reshoot the scene on the Queen's Gambit with the Black Canary actress or am I just confused and need to go back and rewatch season 1?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

This show has no right being this loving amazing, god drat.

CW, whatever you're doing, never stop.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

qbert posted:

It was the other way around. Don made a pass at her after driving her home.

And jesus, this show. Every week I've had my mind blown.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
An entire episode about guns and no throwaway lines involving Roy and "arsenals"? Boo, Arrow. You didn't see the chance. You didn't take the chance. :colbert:

Seriously though I love this shitfuck show

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chasiubao posted:

Did they reshoot the scene on the Queen's Gambit with the Black Canary actress or am I just confused and need to go back and rewatch season 1?

Looked like a re-shoot to me.

---

Another amazing episode. So much good stuff is happening, so quickly. That weapon switching scene was slick.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Now I want the Arkham games folks at Rocksteady to make an Arrow game :(

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

King Burgundy posted:

Looked like a re-shoot to me.

It was; a different actress played Sara in the Pilot.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I was waiting for them to pull the Brother Blood card. They didn't loving disappoint.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sonny Cheebah posted:

I was waiting for them to _______________. They didn't loving disappoint.

See, here's a statement that can apply to the show as a whole.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Deadpool posted:

See, here's a statement that can apply to the show as a whole.

It ought to be the thread title.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Testament to this show, the only thing in the whole DCU that isn't currently getting lambasted or is genuinely poo poo on a stick.

Amell Q&A, i 'd like to buy him a beer and or punch his face in, he's so loving personable. (stupid sexy Amell)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Since Oliver and Laurel's relationship is kind of blown up what with the dead Tommy in the room, I'm wondering if he's just going to start hooking up with Sarah now.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

muscles like this? posted:

Since Oliver and Laurel's relationship is kind of blown up what with the dead Tommy in the room, I'm wondering if he's just going to start hooking up with Sarah now.

I hope the first clue Laurel or her father have of Sarah being alive is accidently walking in on Oliver having sex with her. The drama would be delicious.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The new Sarah backstory reveal adds an interesting dimension to Oliver's polygraph in Season 1.

"Have you ever murdered anyone, Oliver?"
"Yes....your daughter."

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

ShakeZula posted:

The new Sarah backstory reveal adds an interesting dimension to Oliver's polygraph in Season 1.

"Have you ever murdered anyone, Oliver?"
"Yes....your daughter."

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who had that thought. Ollie's whole thing reeks of personal, direct culpability.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nobody's mentioned that Ollie's prison buddy is Russian. What are the bets he's in the Mafia? :dance:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Rarity posted:

Really liked the Mayor as well, sad he's not gonna be coming back some time. And as a villain who apparently isn't in the comics (as my wiki search tells me) they did a great job making him feel like he came from there.

I agree that he was a really cool little villain of the week who I'd like to see more. Maybe I'm just a terrible racist (or very hopeful), but I thought the Mayor was the one who got injected by that mystery serum at the end of the episode. Fingers crossed...

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

FELD1 posted:

Maybe I'm just a terrible racist (or very hopeful), but I thought the Mayor was the one who got injected by that mystery serum at the end of the episode. Fingers crossed...
It was definitely the Mayor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And then he died.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Who is Brother Blood? I've never been into the comics, but this show is awesome.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Rarity posted:

Sarah knows Slade! Shooting grenades! Weapon swapping! Sin! Brother Blood! There's no "This goddam show :stare:" big enough.

He's the Duke of the Glades.

He's A number one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Who is Brother Blood? I've never been into the comics, but this show is awesome.

He's a cult leader.

His powers are unlikely to crossover into the show (He's a vampire.)

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

qbert posted:

I remember her more as the other end of the most :smith: phone call ever.

Great episode. I do wish the recast wasn't so completely different top the pilot actress though (on the other hand I love Caity Lotz - giving her dark hair in the reshoot would probably have been fine). The Brother Blood scene was badass - I wonder if he'll go right on the nose and call the drug Crucible.

One thing - where did Sarah say she knew Slade? I must've missed that.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

BreakAtmo posted:

One thing - where did Sarah say she knew Slade? I must've missed that.

She didn't, I don't think. Just easy to assume it's Island related, though.

e: unless its early and im misreading, but she did ask him, just before Lance stopped to ask Oliver for help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

dreffen posted:

She didn't, I don't think. Just easy to assume it's Island related, though.

e: unless its early and im misreading, but she did ask him, just before Lance stopped to ask Oliver for help

Yeah, thanks, I went back and caught it. Lord this show is great.

• Locked thread