Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Luddite 4 had Ars Magica for a bit but it completely destroyed a map making it so the server couldn't start anymore. So it's still use at your own risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Tsurupettan posted:

Is there a way to automate TC's Smeltery? As in, automatically feeding materials into the smeltery controller, and then pouring into a cast and retrieving from it.

There is! Items can be piped into the controller (hoppers work too). Redstone pulses trigger the faucets, and hoppers can pull from tables/basins. The redstone will need to be a clock, but that's not too hard to set up. No idea if pipes can pull from tables/basins, but I would assume so.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Serifina posted:

There is! Items can be piped into the controller (hoppers work too). Redstone pulses trigger the faucets, and hoppers can pull from tables/basins. The redstone will need to be a clock, but that's not too hard to set up. No idea if pipes can pull from tables/basins, but I would assume so.

Liquid transport (at least the kind in Extra Utilities) can pull from partially-full basins. (I don't have BC or TE in my current pack, only EU and EnderIO.)

Also, if you attach a drain to a smeltery pointing upwards, you can feed liquids into it to return them to the smeltery.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Chisel is a loving rad mod made all the better by a really good interface.

A decorator's best friend!

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Ok, say what you will about somewhat irritating gameplay and impossible research, TC4 does look really good. Add that chisel and you can make some really cool looking poo poo like that plinth.
Kinda sad that I have all the artistic talent of Direwolf in terms of house creation. Some of the homes and bases I have seen here are loving amazing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Having toyed with it for a while now, I take back most of the bad things I said about TC4. It's really fun and I think has finally hit that sweet combination of definitive rules and occasional mystic fun stuff to make it feel like you're actually some budding alchemist learning the ropes. And especially with Thaumic Tinkerer, there are some incredibly cool tools. Most of the mods I've played before had endgame spells/artifacts/machines that I never even bothered with because they didn't seem practical for the way I play, but there's some truly awesome stuff here.

As for decoration, Chisel, Microblocks, and a few other things mean you can build like an idiot (I sure do) and still have some neat looking stuff. That altar is basically just a crappy circle, but layering materials and a range of built-in column blocks suddenly makes it look good.

Even my main base is looking okay despite being a circle stuck on a flat rectangle.

The carpets are from Chisel as well, they come in 16 patterns and they're a godsend. Almost all of them are really cool.
The formation in the middle is going to be a central elevator powered by arcane levitators. :3:

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Zebrin posted:

Kinda sad that I have all the artistic talent of Direwolf in terms of house creation. Some of the homes and bases I have seen here are loving amazing.

You and me both. That's why I have a server and my friend joins me - she is drat good at design and can even use vanilla stuff to make our base pretty. Once she gets used to mod items, they'll be no stopping her designs. She's seriously my Rorax (while I'm Dire, making all the tools and machines and things and doing crazy builds for the hell of it.)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is there any easier source of ender pearls in Luddite? I've found like five endermen in the whole time I was playing and only one even dropped a pearl. Once I get to the end they won't be a problem, but to get to the end, I need a whole lot of pearls anyway.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
On the topic of design, It is worth saying that the advice given out when the yogs were in england is so true: Your poo poo will look terrible until its complete, keep at it.

Having said that, i suck at interior decorating. :smith:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

Is there any easier source of ender pearls in Luddite? I've found like five endermen in the whole time I was playing and only one even dropped a pearl. Once I get to the end they won't be a problem, but to get to the end, I need a whole lot of pearls anyway.

Make a looting sword, then go out in deserts at night to spot endermen easily.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Anyone have the old Minecraft mod update list website with all of the up to date mod versions that is not this http://modlist.mcf.li/version/1.6.4/

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Shadowmorn posted:

On the topic of design, It is worth saying that the advice given out when the yogs were in england is so true: Your poo poo will look terrible until its complete, keep at it.

Having said that, i suck at interior decorating. :smith:

Don't worry, when it comes to my houses and decorations I'm in the same boat. But as soon as you add functionality requirements (like 'I need a wall of autocrafting machinery to process a couple quarries worth of blocks' or 'I want a central location for mystcraft books and portals') then it becomes a lot easier to design something pretty.

In Tekkit, I've got a largish house with a chest and a bed still on dirt, but the second story is where I've got my enchanting altar and first library so the effort's gone all into there. Workshop sort of started as a rectangular enclosed area with a couple windows but as soon as I got the initial workings on the AE system it expanded one side with a really nice sloping roof and skylights because I needed a safe place for TE machines and MFR deep storage.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'm terrible at making things look good. I can make reasonable copies of other people's designs, but anything I try on my own ends up looking like total crap.

Which is why I usually just end up living underground like the filthy hobbit I am.

Also, when is Yogs not in England? I don't get it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Ah yes, bad choice of words, i just forget what event it was. They did the liveplay of Starbound at it. :haw:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Taffer posted:

I'm going to run a server once TE updates, based on this modpack, sans project red and EnderIO (it's a good mod, but redundant with TE). If anybody has any suggestions, shoot them my way, trying to get everything working smoothly beforehand so it'll be a quick turnaround with the TE update.

In the yogscast moonquest series they have a really cool biome pack going on. Specifically, the mountains actually look like they're mountains that go up really high. It's much more interesting than the vanilla biomes.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sir Lucius posted:

In the yogscast moonquest series they have a really cool biome pack going on. Specifically, the mountains actually look like they're mountains that go up really high. It's much more interesting than the vanilla biomes.

Yeah, that's biomes o plenty, which I have installed. It is awesome as hell, this is the first time I've used it, I used to use extrabiomes and it wasn't near as good. Only thing I miss is proper redwood forests.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Help.

I've changed the settings in the DimDoors config to not have these spread, and to not spawn enderman, but Even after going through this a few times with a rift remover in creative these things keep coming back.

RmansRvnge
Dec 10, 2000

wargames posted:

Anyone have the old Minecraft mod update list website with all of the up to date mod versions that is not this http://modlist.mcf.li/version/1.6.4/
Is this the list you're looking for? http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.6.4.html

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

Started playing modded Minecraft for the first time and I don't think I can go back.

For now though I've just been messing around with TC4 which has been awesome so far. Do you guys know how well Chisel and/or Microblocks work well with one another?

I'm not really looking into adding machines and such, at least not yet, but just more decorate stuff for me to use in my base.

Aside from a minimap I think that's all the mods I should need for a decent start.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

McFrugal posted:

Make a looting sword, then go out in deserts at night to spot endermen easily.
That's the problem, I'm trying to make the Osmotic Enchanter, which lets me hand-pick enchantments.
I've been spoiled by Enchanting Plus. The game's default enchanting system is so loving bad.

Last Emperor posted:

For now though I've just been messing around with TC4 which has been awesome so far. Do you guys know how well Chisel and/or Microblocks work well with one another?

Aside from a minimap I think that's all the mods I should need for a decent start.
Microblocks and Chisel don't conflict at all, Chisel is about turning basic blocks (planks, dirt, stone, cobble, sandstone, netherrack, etc) into a variety of alternate appearances, while Microblocks is about actually cutting them down to smaller sizes and shapes. You will have to manually add some IDs to the Microblocks config file though so it'll know they're cuttable, basically. Otherwise you're fine.

As for maps, everyone loves Rei's Minimap but I personally recommend Mapwriter. You can leave markers in any groups you want, so you can filter by landmarks, or Thaum nodes, or biomes, or whatever. The markers you leave don't show up physically in the world, which I'd say is the only point Rei's map has over it, but best of all it does save a full-world map you can view and zoom at any time, for a complete and comprehensive picture of your whole realm.

The cartographer in me loves it.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 1, 2013

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

In the last thread, someone posted for me an ultra compact hydrogen generator setup and I lost the picture. :( I can't find that post. If anyone somehow knows what I am referring to and has the picture he posted and could link it I'd be appreciative.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Thaumcraft 4 question: How does one farm mana beans? Whenever I try to place them onto a log I just eat them. I've tried regular logs, greatwood, silverwood, etc. This is hardly mandatory but the idea of setting up a mana farm seems really neat.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

Thaumcraft 4 question: How does one farm mana beans? Whenever I try to place them onto a log I just eat them. I've tried regular logs, greatwood, silverwood, etc. This is hardly mandatory but the idea of setting up a mana farm seems really neat.

You have to be in a magical biome. Not just a magical forest, but eerie and tainted also work (if you have BoP, the ominous forest, magic forest, cherry tree grove, and dark forest also work.)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Serifina posted:

You have to be in a magical biome. Not just a magical forest, but eerie and tainted also work
drat, with all the biomes I'm gonna have trouble finding-

Serifina posted:

(if you have BoP, the ominous forest, magic forest, cherry tree grove, and dark forest also work.)
Oh, thank god! I live right next to a magic forest. Witches are my least favorite mob ever.
I'm actually really impressed with how well BoP has integrated with all these other mods.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Vib Rib posted:

Oh, thank god! I live right next to a magic forest. Witches are my least favorite mob ever.
I'm actually really impressed with how well BoP has integrated with all these other mods.

Heh. Yeah, BoP integrates amazingly well with other things, which is a large part of why I prefer it over EBXL.

I wish I could find a magic forest. I want those trees, dammit.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vib Rib posted:

You can easily make your own Eerie biome by bottling a dark node and putting it near your base. A tainted node works too (to create Tainted Land) but that comes with rather severe drawbacks. You could also generate a tainted biome in some way then put down a Pure node to clean it up, and in the process turn the area into the (Thaumcraft)Magical Forest biome.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

McFrugal posted:

You can easily make your own Eerie biome by bottling a dark node and putting it near your base. A tainted node works too (to create Tainted Land) but that comes with rather severe drawbacks. You could also generate a tainted biome in some way then put down a Pure node to clean it up, and in the process turn the area into the (Thaumcraft)Magical Forest biome.

What about if I already have pure nodes? Will having the tainted node next to the pure node cause them to counteract each other? I've bottled a large number of nodes and some of them are pure but I also have a tainted node I'm hanging on to just because.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'm trying to find the best nodes for my Thaumatorium's recharging center, but I'm having difficulty finding any nodes above 30 unites with the aspect Order. I found a few compound nodes but they're all very low capacity. Finally I found a great 80 unit order-only node and it's not until after I bottle it I realize it's Pale. Crap.
Fire aspect is also very sparse in the nodes around my base.

I also think I've finally made all the non-lost-knowledge discoveries. I wish they were all visible (even if obscured) without research so you'd at least know when you were done.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

That's the problem, I'm trying to make the Osmotic Enchanter, which lets me hand-pick enchantments.
I've been spoiled by Enchanting Plus. The game's default enchanting system is so loving bad.

Microblocks and Chisel don't conflict at all, Chisel is about turning basic blocks (planks, dirt, stone, cobble, sandstone, netherrack, etc) into a variety of alternate appearances, while Microblocks is about actually cutting them down to smaller sizes and shapes. You will have to manually add some IDs to the Microblocks config file though so it'll know they're cuttable, basically. Otherwise you're fine.

As for maps, everyone loves Rei's Minimap but I personally recommend Mapwriter. You can leave markers in any groups you want, so you can filter by landmarks, or Thaum nodes, or biomes, or whatever. The markers you leave don't show up physically in the world, which I'd say is the only point Rei's map has over it, but best of all it does save a full-world map you can view and zoom at any time, for a complete and comprehensive picture of your whole realm.

The cartographer in me loves it.

Thanks for this!

I'll look more into Mapwriter, having something that seems a bit more 'real' from an in-game sense is definitely something that would appeal to me more. Are installing mods as easy as just dropping them into the correct folder now or is there some issue with regards to what profile you're running MC under?

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Vib Rib posted:

I'm trying to find the best nodes for my Thaumatorium's recharging center, but I'm having difficulty finding any nodes above 30 unites with the aspect Order. I found a few compound nodes but they're all very low capacity. Finally I found a great 80 unit order-only node and it's not until after I bottle it I realize it's Pale. Crap.
Fire aspect is also very sparse in the nodes around my base.

I also think I've finally made all the non-lost-knowledge discoveries. I wish they were all visible (even if obscured) without research so you'd at least know when you were done.

An option you might look into is wandering the Twilight Forest. If you have access to a nether star and a Thaumostatic Harness the Promised Land is also a great place to find larger nodes.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Shukaro, is build 1.1.3 195 your most current? There's a rendering crash with scaffolding in that version. Seems to be the ones with transparencies only. Sorry if I missed a post talking about this and if a fix is already out for it. Here's a crash report from another user http://pastebin.com/3QiiHbeg my own crash report looks identical.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Is there a way to have more than three modpacks on the Technic platform? I'd like to make one as a development modpack and a personal one in addition to the existing modpacks I'm maintaining.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Abe Frohman posted:

Shukaro, is build 1.1.3 195 your most current? There's a rendering crash with scaffolding in that version. Seems to be the ones with transparencies only. Sorry if I missed a post talking about this and if a fix is already out for it. Here's a crash report from another user http://pastebin.com/3QiiHbeg my own crash report looks identical.

I got the same crash on build 199 (found on the Artifice Jenkins.) I already PMed Shukaro about it with the log.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

m2pt5 posted:

I got the same crash on build 199 (found on the Artifice Jenkins.) I already PMed Shukaro about it with the log.

I've been testing it and no crashes on 184; it's somewhere between there and 194. I'll keep downloading builds until I find the build that the crashing begins upon.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

What's currently the best (most mods and stuff) skybuild map? The last one I tried was the PLuS version of feed the beast, and that was a while ago. Keep in mind I haven't played minecraft in a long time and have no idea about what's going on with modpacks.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 2, 2013

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Bwahaha, so the Minecon stream is up right now and its about 20 min into the panel being run by several popular modders (3 hours in on the youtube stream) and this little poo poo with a video recorder pops up and asks why they insist on having Forge break 3rd party launchers and how many of them have autism with the biggest smirk I've ever seen. God Minecon is magical sometimes. :allears:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Private Speech posted:

What's currently the best (most mods and stuff) skybuild map? The last one I tried was the PLuS version of feed the beast, and that was a while ago. Keep in mind I haven't played minecraft in a long time and have no idea about what's going on with modpacks.

There hasn't really been a specific map for modded skyblock building for the most recent versions of Minecraft. Not a lot has been updated to the latest version but the DNS techpack has. If you download that and the Skyblock/Skygrid map you can get pretty much what you're looking for. You may have to cheat in some materials that you can't source in the void as needed:

DNS Tech pack
http://www.dnstechpack.com/DNSTechpack

Skyblock
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600254-surv-skyblock/
Skygrid
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1208284-surv-skygrid-by-sethbling/

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Enzer posted:

Bwahaha, so the Minecon stream is up right now and its about 20 min into the panel being run by several popular modders (3 hours in on the youtube stream) and this little poo poo with a video recorder pops up and asks why they insist on having Forge break 3rd party launchers and how many of them have autism with the biggest smirk I've ever seen. God Minecon is magical sometimes. :allears:

Oh god it's all so painful. :psyduck:

Who are the modders in the panel anyway? Only one I can tell by the voice is direwolf.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I started watching from the beginning just so I get the full trainwreck experience... half the questions seem to be tech support. :psyduck:

That's like going to a Star Wars convention and asking George Lucas why your scratched DVD won't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Taffer posted:

Oh god it's all so painful. :psyduck:

Who are the modders in the panel anyway? Only one I can tell by the voice is direwolf.

I believe it was (from left to right on the panel), the panel host who I couldn't understand since he was eating his mic at the beginning, Pahimar, Lex Manos, CPW, Dan200, Direwolf (oh god, he is so old looking), Benimatic, and two guys who do server side mods.

One of them gives Hexxit a shout out, that was kind of cool. :v:

Edit:

Oh my god these music videos in-between panels are loving horrendous, they had this one playing a moment ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2AMIJ_Albo

Enzer fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 2, 2013

• Locked thread