Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
What if Grey (or Leon?) ice makes ice fire?

Also, that cutaway to the ex Council member sure threw me for a loop. Thought he was cliche fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, I just realized how scarface survived last chapter. Probably used his memory magic to either make Jackal think he was already dead or not part of the council.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Gyges posted:

Man, I just realized how scarface survived last chapter. Probably used his memory magic to either make Jackal think he was already dead or not part of the council.

Now that you've said that it occurs to me that there's an easy out to un-murder the entire council at the end of this arc.
"Oh, did you think your memory of killing the council members was real? They were actually using your attack to fake their deaths so that you'd overlook their movements this whole time. Thanks for telling the rest of Tartaros they were dead, sucker!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zogundar posted:

Now that you've said that it occurs to me that there's an easy out to un-murder the entire council at the end of this arc.
"Oh, did you think your memory of killing the council members was real? They were actually using your attack to fake their deaths so that you'd overlook their movements this whole time. Thanks for telling the rest of Tartaros they were dead, sucker!"

Jesus, I'm actually kind of ambivalent on how I would react if Mashima pulled that off. On one hand it's an rear end pull, on the other it's a smart rear end pull.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, if Tartarus Gate is going after former council members too that means it's time for another Jellal appearance. Dude must have the best contract lawyer of any side character.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter

Hiro Mashima you actually surprised me for once! Wasn't expecting the guild to lie about Laxus saving the town, then show a brief glimpse of the chaos still going on

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Man, Freed looks a lot like Erza. I never realized it until I was wondering why Erza was laying on a sick bed with the others.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

bondster posted:

New Chapter

Hiro Mashima you actually surprised me for once! Wasn't expecting the guild to lie about Laxus saving the town, then show a brief glimpse of the chaos still going on

Whoa this chapter, I shared the same sentiments.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm just looking forward to seeing Laxus' new anti-magic particle lightning dragon powers once we recovers. Also, was that a string of sausages that Ever was using as a whip?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I'm just looking forward to seeing Laxus' new anti-magic particle lightning dragon powers once we recovers. Also, was that a string of sausages that Ever was using as a whip?

Natsu eats Etherion, Laxus eats anti-Etherion. Gajeel needs to catch up and find some crazy magic/anti-magic to eat.

As to the question; yes, yes it was.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Well, at least Laxus didn't technically lose.

I really hope that when this arc is over that Jellal is not back on any Council.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He won't just be on it, he'll be it. Like, he'll secretly be every single member, but none of them will know the other is A Jellal. And at least one of them will be a traitor. Cue the shenanigans when they all remove their masks, sunglasses, magical disguises etc. to reveal they all look the same and the traitor destroys their clothing so that it's impossible for anyone to identify and arrest him. Erza will be the only one capable of doing it, but be dying from a nose-bleed and unable to help.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think the mileage for Everyone is Gerard jokes has been well and truly spent.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Not until the manga itself makes a joke about it a la the "Yeah you being naked isn't anything new. It's lost its appeal, really" joke recently. Then we will have reached peak Everyone is Gerard joke.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rodyle posted:

Jellal parachute account spotted.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Chapter 359

The most important revelation in this chapter is that Hibiki has spent the last seven years working on making his magical computer more effective, but that he's still somehow Fiore's most eligible bachelor. Mashima clearly knows his dorky shut-in audience.

I'm betting that that any demonic transmogrification Minerva goes through will miraculously not affect her breasts or rear end.

ETA: hang on what kind of hosed up poo poo are the Dutch into

attackbunny fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 8, 2013

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Don't be silly, of course they'll be affected - they'll just get bigger. Not really much to say about the actual chapter, except that I can't see this fight going on too long given that it's Natsu versus a bomb guy. I do want to say that I love Gazeel's current look though I guess.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tulipomania rears its head once again, and Fairy Tail is our only hope.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Gyges posted:

Tulipomania rears its head once again, and Fairy Tail is our only hope.
If they thought 'tulip fire' was a problem before, they're in for a big surprise.

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
New Fairy Tail

They're doing a pretty decent job of giving all the Tartaros members sweet powers. The living bomb. cool.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, it keeps coming up when Fairy Tail members fight about how this is what a Fairy Tail fight is like. At the climax, after the Fairy Tail member gets kicked around for awhile and comes back because FRIENDSHIP or if they so off an insane amount of power it makes sense for bystanders and opponents to comment on how Whoah Fairy Tail is. But just as often people make the comment when the fight is proceeding exactly like any other mage fight. No one comments, "So this is what a Quatro Puppy member fight is like" when they hit back. Hell in this fight Natsu wasn't even the one causing collateral damage.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

milktwice posted:

New Fairy Tail

They're doing a pretty decent job of giving all the Tartaros members sweet powers. The living bomb. cool.

Eh, I just thought: "That dude's a ripoff of FMA's Kimblee." Then again that would make Natsu... Roy?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plutonis posted:

Eh, I just thought: "That dude's a ripoff of FMA's Kimblee." Then again that would make Natsu... Roy?

If he's a rip off it's of Yoshikage Kira.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Plutonis posted:

He's not nearly classy enough for that.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Off the top of my head, Yoshikage Kira from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Gambit from Marvel, The Human Bomb and Plastique from DC. It's still a cool power, though! :)

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
So, who will step up to the plate to defeat him? I don't think either Wendy or Lucy ever punch anyone. Some of Lucy's summons are melee and oh god why do I feel like I'm picking party members for an RPG boss fight :cripes:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zogundar posted:

So, who will step up to the plate to defeat him? I don't think either Wendy or Lucy ever punch anyone. Some of Lucy's summons are melee and oh god why do I feel like I'm picking party members for an RPG boss fight :cripes:

Look at this Rube. Natsu is obviously still at bat.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zogundar posted:

Their best bet is probably either Gemini copying Natsu or some kind of stalling tactic to give Lucy and Gemini an opportunity to use Uranometria.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
I'm betting that Natsu ate his own explosion and then had to lie down for a second to digest the almighty powerup. Lucy and Wendy will try, suck, fail, and get rescued in quick succession.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At worst, Lucy has to delay the guy just lone enough for Wendy to toss enough healing into Natsu for him to get back up. With Happy and Carla there's an evac for the ex-council member and his granddaughter. Most likely result though is Natsu just getting back up, perhaps taking a full chapter to do so. Which gives Jackal just enough time to make Lucy's cloths explode or something.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gyges posted:

At worst, Most likely result though is Natsu just getting back up, perhaps taking a full chapter to do so. Which gives Jackal just enough time to make Lucy's cloths explode or something.

This is the most likely result.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gyges posted:

You know, it keeps coming up when Fairy Tail members fight about how this is what a Fairy Tail fight is like. At the climax, after the Fairy Tail member gets kicked around for awhile and comes back because FRIENDSHIP or if they so off an insane amount of power it makes sense for bystanders and opponents to comment on how Whoah Fairy Tail is. But just as often people make the comment when the fight is proceeding exactly like any other mage fight. No one comments, "So this is what a Quatro Puppy member fight is like" when they hit back. Hell in this fight Natsu wasn't even the one causing collateral damage.

He was looking at Lucy's rack. So this is how Fairy Tail fights :sonia:

This may have been talked about before, but what the hell was the point of brining back Mira and Elfman's sister if they were doing gently caress all with her?

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

This may have been talked about before, but what the hell was the point of brining back Mira and Elfman's sister if they were doing gently caress all with her?
I heard (From this forum I think) that that was editorial interference. Therefore Mashima never really had plans for her. Which is a shame, I had no idea about any of this when I originally watched the anime and kept waiting for wacky love triangle hijinks! (That only ever happened in Juvia's head. :downsgun:)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zogundar posted:

I heard (From this forum I think) that that was editorial interference. Therefore Mashima never really had plans for her. Which is a shame, I had no idea about any of this when I originally watched the anime and kept waiting for wacky love triangle hijinks! (That only ever happened in Juvia's head. :downsgun:)

That would explain the lack of her, odd given that she and Natsu are supposed to be an item.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Fairy Tail Chapter 361

http://i.imgur.com/McRKCp1.png

attackbunny posted:

I'm betting that Natsu ate his own explosion and then had to lie down for a second to digest the almighty powerup. Lucy and Wendy will try, suck, fail, and get rescued in quick succession.
I don't think I've ever been so bummed out to be right.

I do like the prospect of Jackal and Natsu both getting baked, though. gently caress all these explosions, man, who even wants to be dealing with that poo poo? You got any Doritos?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

attackbunny posted:

I do like the prospect of Jackal and Natsu both getting baked, though. gently caress all these explosions, man, who even wants to be dealing with that poo poo? You got any Doritos?[/spoiler]

Natsu's hair is already beginning to dread.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Unfortunately for Tartarus, Fairy Tail mages have "Because Mashima said so", a power that trumps anything.

Actually, have any of the "FT member vs. Bad guy" chapters not ended with the FT member winning? Or is that the chapter after?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Laxus crushed his opponent but he lost the engagement both in the immediate and in the long-term =(

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

ChronoReverse posted:

Laxus crushed his opponent but he lost the engagement both in the immediate and in the long-term =(

And three months from now, there'll be a "Laxus vs. That One Dude" chapter and Laxus will have found a way around the guy's ability.

Because Mashima said so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Kuroyama posted:

Unfortunately for Tartarus, Fairy Tail mages have "Because Mashima said so", a power that trumps anything.
The moral of the story is that friendship is the greatest bullshit of them all.

• Locked thread