Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Mort, you're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that to scare me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Mort, you're going to have to do a hell of a lot better than that to scare me :colbert:

Hmmm, well, it is Halloween after all...

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
"What pretty eyes you have, Paz."
"Will you give them to me?"

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Crimson Harvest posted:

"What pretty eyes you have, Paz."
"Will you give them to me?"

Actually, the form "¿me los darás?" does not imply a suggestive sentence (ie: "¿me los darias?" ) a more appropriate interpretation would be "are you giving them to me?" which, in the surface, is almost the same.

:goonsay: x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Also, the Gunnerkrigg twitter account has been haunted by the spookiest ghost we know.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Ka0 posted:

:goonsay: x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
As a guy who has to talk with his neighbors and relatives in the language, I disagree:

¿Me los estás dando? = Are you giving them to me?
¿Me los vas a dar? = Are you going to give them to me?
¿Me los darías? = Would you give them to me?
¿Me los darás? / ¿Me los das? = Will you give them to me? (Future Tense / Present Tense)

:goonsay: x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 + 1
Not that a perfect translation or transliteration to English can always be made, however...
Spanish aside, I'm curious as to whether or not we're ever going to get another informative epilogue. Not that I mind the comedic ones.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

By the way, do we know if Paz is spanish or what? Since this is based on England I would assume so (and Tom has shown knowledge about Spain, or might have mentioned some relatives there I recall?). Latin american spanish is sometimes wildly different from spain when it comes to certain expressions.

edit: scratch that, I'm almost sure he mentioned she was from Galicia at some point.

edit 2: Which would make her language gallego too, actually.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 31, 2013

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance

Blackheart posted:

By the way, do we know if Paz is spanish or what? Since this is based on England I would assume so (and Tom has shown knowledge about Spain, or might have mentioned some relatives there I recall?). Latin american spanish is sometimes wildly different from spain when it comes to certain expressions.

edit: scratch that, I'm almost sure he mentioned she was from Galicia at some point.

edit 2: Which would make her language gallego too, actually.

Yea he's said that she's a Galician hic on his formspring. She also speaks Spanish sometimes. And Spanglish :p

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well of curse she speaks spanish sometimes, I just forgot if it was ever said where exactly was she from :haw:

Being south american and used to american media I auto-assumed she was latin american on my first readthrough, but then went "no wait she's actually spanish"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Blackheart posted:

Well of curse she speaks spanish sometimes, I just forgot if it was ever said where exactly was she from :haw:

Being south american and used to american media I auto-assumed she was latin american on my first readthrough, but then went "no wait she's actually spanish"

To be fair, as a white North American I make this assumption unless it's television or something where I can hear the accents.

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance
Lol yea. As a Latino American born here, I usually automatically associate Spanish with the Latin American countries. I forget that Hispanics exist and their Spanish is slightly different.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I got suckered into reading archives by one of the distance perspective Jones links a few pages back and read the Annie Post-Forest stuff, where she's trying to get Kat to be her friend again, and ran into one of my favorite old characters. Basil! Every time I see that minotaur, I wish he was in more chapters. :(

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Froodulous posted:

The background on the site today. I love it.
It's super spooky and it represents the fact that Volume 4 and Annie in the Forest are sold out at the moment :argh: At least I will be getting Vol 2 and 3 at some point.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

With that SUPER SCARY background, it seemed like the perfect night to properly catch up to this comic.

So glad I did, count me as another fan. :3: I love Parley, but I'm pretty sure every character is the best character.

I like this, gonna buy a title for it later. Anyone have ideas for a caption?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I wouldn't change a drat thing about your avatar, the world needs more KF avatars.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

TurninTrix posted:

"It's basically a disaster when a cute girl likes you."

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

TurninTrix posted:

With that SUPER SCARY background, it seemed like the perfect night to properly catch up to this comic.

So glad I did, count me as another fan. :3: I love Parley, but I'm pretty sure every character is the best character.

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

:3:
If you flip the first one horizontally, it looks like Paz thinks the post above is awesome.
Like the maker said,
No! I like to see them! Your posts are so clever!

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 1, 2013

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Kat stop being a goon.

:effort:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I laughed.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I miss your old headmaster av :(

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

dyzzy posted:

I miss your old headmaster av :(

I do too. I still have no idea who I ticked off to get this one. Frankly I want a Kat-vatar because she is great and also the best, but I am a poor.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

That's awesome. You're awesome.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dammit Kat! :doh:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kat sure knows how to show a gal a good time. :allears:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Oh Kat. :allears:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Please do not eat the science experiment, Paz.

<edit>

I just realized that Kat is putting the coat ON Paz, not taking it off.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Time to activate... the romantic dinner machine! :science:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Oh my god, Kat is the most adorable dork ever :3: Bonus points for making the sample look like Galvani's frog legs.

Also, holy poo poo artificial muscle!

Edit: Galvani, not Volta

Tupperwarez fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 1, 2013

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Y'know, serving up a science experiment in a romantic format does strike me as a very Kat approach to courtship. If this works on Paz then they're definitely right for each other.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Please tell me this is some sort of highly scientific love test :allears:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

That's supposed to be a bird wing, right? Looks like we're about to see a robot grow. :science:

Drakyn posted:

Like the maker said,
No! I like to see them! Your posts are so clever!

That works for me, thanks! Gonna buy it tomorrow.

And don't worry about KF guy, I'll keep him in a safe place until the world needs him again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Extra extra, Kat is a giant dork!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ha! I knew she was wanting to show Annie her Organorobobird.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Oneiros posted:

I just realized that Kat is putting the coat ON Paz, not taking it off.

Came in to note this. This is fantastic. :3:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Prompted by that, I looked at the comic again and noticed that the candle was a bunsen burner. Geez.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is looking terrifyingly prescient now.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Noo, don't show off your Frankenstein side on the first date!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Kat is officially Queen of the Goon Squad. I'm just glad she didn't say mi'lady.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh, Kat. You're such a gigantic nerd. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I think my head is going to explode if this gets any more awkward-teenager-cute. :allears: What a fantastic chapter so far.