Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, in Verdant she asked "What happened to Slade?"

I know Katie Cassidy and therefore Laurel probably doesn't weigh a whole lot, but you'd think her District Attorney boss would notice her drinking a bottle and a half of wine or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

dreffen posted:

She didn't, I don't think. Just easy to assume it's Island related, though.

e: unless its early and im misreading, but she did ask him, just before Lance stopped to ask Oliver for help

She asked Ollie where Slade when she went to the night club. Ollie looked shocked and asked her another question.

I wonder if this means that Shado is dead/missing for the 'Freighter' arc? Also that Russian guy is totally Oliver's way into the mob.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or she just knows what happens/ed to Shado.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm sure it will, but I really hope the mean ten year old business woman plot goes somewhere, anywhere not boring and dumb fast.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's starting to look like DC is going to own television while Marvel rules cinema. I wonder if that says anything about the respective companies.

Either way, I'm pretty okay with that arrangement.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

XboxPants posted:

Who wants to bet that Ollie ends up killing her himself? Possibly just a mercy killing, but still, it would pretty well explain why he completely never mentioned this to anyone.

This, I'd bet money he kills her.

Does the little "hold hands in solace" thing at the end of the episode mean that she's going to tell her family that she's still alive, or what?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's the implication. He told her she should tell them, then put his hand out.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
My guess for The Island this season is it was a Unit 731 testing ground. The bones don't make much sense otherwise.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Party Plane Jones posted:

My guess for The Island this season is it was a Unit 731 testing ground. The bones don't make much sense otherwise.

It could be them doing experiments with the Lazarus Pit and causing people to be all hosed up.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Might be the agent Brother Blood was shooting people up with.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This show continues to be fantastic, that was one of the best episodes yet.

Apart from all the other cool things that happened this episode, I am really happy that Felicity correctly pronounced Iraq, instead of using the atrocious "eye-rack" :woop:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

bobkatt013 posted:

It could be them doing experiments with the Lazarus Pit and causing people to be all hosed up.

This is kind of what I am thinking, with Ras already being mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if they worked in a major over arcing plot about the Lazarus Pits.

I can't believe this is still the 4th episode, they are getting the introductions out of the loving way really fast.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

bobkatt013 posted:

Especially since the island is full of herbs that just happen to heal anything.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, in Verdant she asked "What happened to Slade?"

I know Katie Cassidy and therefore Laurel probably doesn't weigh a whole lot, but you'd think her District Attorney boss would notice her drinking a bottle and a half of wine or whatever.

Her DA boss also would have guessed saying you work in the DA's office would get you off from a drunk driving ticket just like in real life.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Speaking of which, was the cop who pulled her over the same one helping Brother Blood at the end?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Aphrodite posted:

Speaking of which, was the cop who pulled her over the same one helping Brother Blood at the end?

Yeah it was

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
As a viewer who has no idea about Green Arrow beyond this show/Smallville I thought Brother Blood was Scare Crow but I didn't let myself believe it until there was a name drop.

Every week this show is dropping big reveals, it's amazing. Smallville would give us 10 filler episodes before reveals this good.

Ingram fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 31, 2013

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

I'm guessing Sarah meets up with her family, or at least Laurel, then later dies "for real" which causes Laurel to take over as Black Canary. Possibly getting juiced up with whatever it was that Brother Blood was injecting in to the Mayor, giving her the scream for real, instead of with a device. With them doing the Flash later, powers are eventually going to show up. The deformed bones on the island suggest something like that, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ollie is just going to have Queen R&D turn Sarah's sonic devices into pills.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kruller posted:

I'm guessing Sarah meets up with her family, or at least Laurel, then later dies "for real" which causes Laurel to take over as Black Canary. Possibly getting juiced up with whatever it was that Brother Blood was injecting in to the Mayor, giving her the scream for real, instead of with a device. With them doing the Flash later, powers are eventually going to show up. The deformed bones on the island suggest something like that, too.

They don't HAVE to have Laurel become Black Canary. This week's episode really seemed to be setting up Oliver and Sarah getting together, like that scene where they switched weapons.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They don't HAVE to have Laurel become Black Canary. This week's episode really seemed to be setting up Oliver and Sarah getting together, like that scene where they switched weapons.

They have already said that this is the beginning of Laurel's journey to becoming Black Canary.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 1, 2013

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Holy hell. This won't mean anything to non-comic fans, but the Russian guy in the cell next to Oliver? That's freaking KGBeast!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 1, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't have to, but they are. They've said it since day 1.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Last year, Ollie saved Malcolm Merlyn from curare poisoning. Now he gets Blood to safety when the Mayor attacks.

He really needs to stop saving supervillains.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Frankly, if they seriously go the Lazarus route, even bringing Tommy back as the final true "Merlyn" isn't out of the question anymore.

(I hope they don't, though)

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

oh jay posted:

Last year, Ollie saved Malcolm Merlyn from curare poisoning. Now he gets Blood to safety when the Mayor attacks.

He really needs to stop saving supervillains.

Just wait for the eventual flashforward where they learn that keeping Diggle from taking down Deadshot led to the birth of the Batman Beyond villain, Curare.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

BrianWilly posted:

Frankly, if they seriously go the Lazarus route, even bringing Tommy back as the final true "Merlyn" isn't out of the question anymore.

(I hope they don't, though)

There's absolutely no way. Tommy is this show's Uncle Ben.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Crunk Abortion posted:

There's absolutely no way. Tommy is this show's Uncle Ben.

Uncle Ben came back.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

Uncle Ben came back.

No he hasn't. The only time he has it was one from another reality.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

They have already said that this is the beginning of Laurel's journey to becoming Black Canary.

Can we please keep future things in spoilers, come on, that's a big one.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

And then he died.

Just like Deadshot died when he got shot through the eye. Hey, I can hope right?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Taffer posted:

Can we please keep future things in spoilers, come on, that's a big one.

Especially for people like me who haven't read the comics :(

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

FELD1 posted:

Just like Deadshot died when he got shot through the eye. Hey, I can hope right?

Eh when you get killed by a glowy green liquid that is implied to give people superpowers you have at least a 50/50 shot of coming back, probably ending up immortal.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

SirDan3k posted:

Eh when you get killed by a glowy green liquid that is implied to give people superpowers you have at least a 50/50 shot of coming back, probably ending up immortal.

Yeah but when you die with your eyes fixed and bleeding those odds start to drop

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Especially for people like me who haven't read the comics :(

I haven't either, now it's spoiled for me. I really can't stand knowing what happens ahead of time. :/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't post any untagged spoilers from the comics or writer interviews or anything. This should go without saying.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Ingram posted:

As a viewer who has no idea about Green Arrow beyond this show/Smallville I thought Brother Blood was Scare Crow but I didn't let myself believe it until there was a name drop.

Every week this show is dropping big reveals, it's amazing. Smallville would give us 10 filler episodes before reveals this good.

To be fair, that's an nontraditional costume for Brother Blood, which is probably for the best. It could be an albino in purple tights.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Nobody's mentioned that Ollie's prison buddy is Russian. What are the bets he's in the Mafia? :dance:

He's played by David Nykl, aka Dr. Zelenka from Stargate Atlantis.

I love Canadian / Genre Actors.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Aphrodite posted:

His powers are unlikely to crossover into the show (He's a vampire.)

That's the second Brother Blood [Or the ninth, I suppose]. The original Brother Blood was a fairly different character, cursed when a priest killed another priest to obtain a prayer shawl he thought belonged to Christ. He was given mystic powers, but fated to be killed by his son....who would become the new Brother Blood, and be killed by his son, and so forth. So while I'm pretty sure the semi-vampire Brother Blood is a no go, I'm drat sure the "Stole Christ's do-rag" version is poo poo canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The more screen time Sarah gets, the less relevant Laurel becomes. I'm pretty OK with that. Those two teaming up and kicking all the rear end forever would keep me watching. Every scene with Oliver and Sarah together this episode was a solid knock out.

• Locked thread