Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The thing about most of these games is that the movesets evolve as your characters level up. They're all variations on X-X-X-Y or X-Y-X or whatever but you begin with a small moveset and it gets larger at higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 has the best story, and the worst gameplay. The story and gameplay scale inversely for the rest of the series. I dropped the third game after about 20 minutes because they just weren't putting the effort into the story any more and the gameplay isn't interesting enough to carry the game on its own.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Popehoist posted:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 has the best story, and the worst gameplay. The story and gameplay scale inversely for the rest of the series. I dropped the third game after about 20 minutes because they just weren't putting the effort into the story any more and the gameplay isn't interesting enough to carry the game on its own.

I got the Japanese version and just kinda guessed at all the story sequences from the portrait's facial expressions.

Kamille: Hey guys, so are we going to go shoot down the enemy.
Setsuna: I am gundam!
Kamille: O...kay.
Amuro: Yeah, he's kinda odd like that.
Shinn: Hey guys, so are we...
Everyone in Unison: gently caress OFF SHINN!

It honestly made for a very entertaining game. It was the lovely repeat stages that made me stop playing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

muike posted:

The only time I ever actually screamed like an idiot in a video game was when I was in a Zaku and Amuro jumped at me.

That mission where they spring 3 Guncannons on you as a surprise while you're scoping out a base is about as frightening as a Silent Hill game for me.

I never did beat Zeonic Front.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kanos posted:

That mission where they spring 3 Guncannons on you as a surprise while you're scoping out a base is about as frightening as a Silent Hill game for me.

I never did beat Zeonic Front.

I did. I like that random grunts are harder to deal with than Agar and the Mudrock Gundam though. I think every time that thing shows up it dies in less than a minute. And the last time you even have Doms too :getin:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Agar is probably the worst Gundam pilot ever.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Caros posted:

I got the Japanese version and just kinda guessed at all the story sequences from the portrait's facial expressions.

Kamille: Hey guys, so are we going to go shoot down the enemy.
Setsuna: I am gundam!
Kamille: O...kay.
Amuro: Yeah, he's kinda odd like that.
Shinn: Hey guys, so are we...
Everyone in Unison: gently caress OFF SHINN!

It honestly made for a very entertaining game. It was the lovely repeat stages that made me stop playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJChDGcLmoA

DWG1 was amazing because of stuff like this.

It also had a very interesting char/amuro dynamic (It was zeta amuro/char, but piloting the gundam/gelgoog) that had a few surprising twists. It makes for a pretty interesting sidestory.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
I am pretty sure the best cutscenes in DW1 is when Heero beats Master Asia who then goes on this strange, calm Zombocom-style monologue about the Sekiha Tenkyoken.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm sure lots of people would crucify me for this but... I... I... I think I'm actually liking Build Fighters better than Unicorn so far.

Now hold on, don't jump on me yet! I've only seen 4 episodes of Unicorn so far. Unicorn has awesome animation and production values, and I think the overall idea behind the plot is very cool, but is it just me or are the characters a little... flat? Like, I'm really not feeling Banagher.

Amuro and Kamille were both total assholes, but they were interesting characters. Banagher just goes around shouting "HEY GUYS WE SHOULDN'T FIGHT WAR IS BAD" and "YOUR NAME IS AUDREY!!" (even though we've establish who she really is like 2 hours after Banagher meets her, so he may be full on retarded.)

I think the whole story behind Laplace's box is really clever, but if I don't really care if the protagonist lives or dies, they might have dropped the ball a bit. He doesn't really seem to have any goal, either, he just sort of stumbles around and hangs out with both sides.

Am I totally wrong here?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Audrey is a symbolic name he uses because it represents freedom for Mineva in short. He met her when she was using it as a disguise and urges her to choose what she wants, rather than what she thinks she should do. Mineva is a princess and should make specific decisions. Audrey is just a person and can be selfish, naive and act more out of hope than duty. Banagher has no real goal of his own within the story, he's Mineva's knight, protecting her and enforcing her will more than anything. His story is more about seeing the conflict from all sides (Feds, Zeon, Mineva) and trying to act as a medium between them I suppose.

And yea, I can totally see why someone would enjoy Build Fighters more than Unicorn. I doubt you'll get much in the way of flack for it. Then again, maybe I'm just too used to being on /m/ where a large portion of the userbase hates it for being "Zeon apologism/wank" and retconning the timeline.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

tsob posted:

Audrey is a symbolic name he uses because it represents freedom for Mineva in short. He met her when she was using it as a disguise and urges her to choose what she wants, rather than what she thinks she should do. Mineva is a princess and should make specific decisions. Audrey is just a person and can be selfish, naive and act more out of hope than duty. Banagher has no real goal of his own within the story, he's Mineva's knight, protecting her and enforcing her will more than anything. His story is more about seeing the conflict from all sides (Feds, Zeon, Mineva) and trying to act as a medium between them I suppose.

And yea, I can totally see why someone would enjoy Build Fighters more than Unicorn. I doubt you'll get much in the way of flack for it. Then again, maybe I'm just too used to being on /m/ where a large portion of the userbase hates it for being "Zeon apologism/wank" and retconning the timeline.

I've come to accept that while there are some neat people on /m/, I really have to just ignore general public opinion there. I'm currently saving my thoughts on Unicorn until it's finished, especially since the highs of it are really darn high, and the lows I'm kinda torn on. While I'm alright with Banagher, a lot of the side characters in Unicorn capture my attention way more. Marida, Frontal, and a few others are a bit more interesting than Banagher all around. He's not a bad protagonist, just a bit overshadowed by the rest of the cast.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Unicorn's a good series with a few fantastic qualities but I agree that it's lacking something, especially where the main characters are concerned. I just don't find Banagher, Audrey, Riddhe et al to be particularly engaging and I'm not all that invested in the story as a result (I mainly watch it to see obscure MSVs get blowed up real good, which coincidentally is also the only reason I'd ever want to watch Build Fighters again)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know, I think at least Riddhe is an interesting character.

His Minerva-crush is weird but his basic motivations are honestly exactly what a Gundam character should have. He has valid and understandable points tainted by his own viewpoints. He represents the status quo but he's one of the few characters who makes a really valid argument for the status quo which Gundam tends to gloss over in face of its own blend of cynicism and optimism.

The One Year War was an atrocity on a level which is often lowballed just because it's kind of mind boggling to consider what it is. Several billion people died in a single week of fighting. More people died in the OYW than currently are alive on the planet. It killed most of humanity and the aftereffects continued on for years and almost ended with Char dropping a giant rock on Earth and everyone needing to be saved by space magic. All of this happened within such a timeframe that most of the adults around in Unicorn were teenagers when it started. All but the youngest people in the story literally grew up in the wake of history's greatest atrocity.

Riddhe can speak from a position of privilege where he doesn't have to worry about the downsides of the current status quo but he also has a point that, holy poo poo, something that causes another large-scale uprising has the potential to do absolutely catastrophic damage. The mindset of someone going "There is absolutely no situation in which another OYW is acceptable" is more sympathetic and reasonable than most Gundam villain motivations, while also being tempered by the fact that Riddhe himself is in a pretty comfortable position in that status quo. He doesn't really have to suffer to maintain the status quo but he also has a point that the last time this was tried it killed most of humanity for no real gain.

He's also (unknowingly) proven partially right when we find out Full Frontal's plan is basically "well, those guys hosed us, so it's our turn to gently caress them." The current status quo sucks but Full Frontal's just interested in shaking up things enough so someone else is being poo poo on for a while until another inevitable war breaks out.

He's still in the wrong because Unicorn is pretty obviously trending towards Banagher and Minerva's "hey, maybe there is a solution besides loving people over" mindset but he at least has a core central idea which makes sense for a character to have and cling to.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 3, 2013

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know, I think at least Riddhe is an interesting character.

His Minerva-crush is weird but his basic motivations are honestly exactly what a Gundam character should have. He has valid and understandable points tainted by his own viewpoints. He represents the status quo but he's one of the few characters who makes a really valid argument for the status quo which Gundam tends to gloss over in face of its own blend of cynicism and optimism.

The One Year War was an atrocity on a level which is often lowballed just because it's kind of mind boggling to consider what it is. Several billion people died in a single week of fighting. More people died in the OYW than currently are alive on the planet. It killed most of humanity and the aftereffects continued on for years and almost ended with Char dropping a giant rock on Earth and everyone needing to be saved by space magic. All of this happened within such a timeframe that most of the adults around in Unicorn were teenagers when it started. All but the youngest people in the story literally grew up in the wake of history's greatest atrocity.

Riddhe can speak from a position of privilege where he doesn't have to worry about the downsides of the current status quo but he also has a point that, holy poo poo, something that causes another large-scale uprising has the potential to do absolutely catastrophic damage. The mindset of someone going "There is absolutely no situation in which another OYW is acceptable" is more sympathetic and reasonable than most Gundam villain motivations, while also being tempered by the fact that Riddhe himself is in a pretty comfortable position in that status quo. He doesn't really have to suffer to maintain the status quo but he also has a point that the last time this was tried it killed most of humanity for no real gain.

He's also (unknowingly) proven partially right when we find out Full Frontal's plan is basically "well, those guys hosed us, so it's our turn to gently caress them." The current status quo sucks but Full Frontal's just interested in shaking up things enough so someone else is being poo poo on for a while until another inevitable war breaks out.

He's still in the wrong because Unicorn is pretty obviously trending towards Banagher and Minerva's "hey, maybe there is a solution besides loving people over" mindset but he at least has a core central idea which makes sense for a character to have and cling to.

I think his crush is supposed to be weird, too. He's a newly-awakened Newtype who just experienced baby's first Newtype connection, and it's completely loving with his head because it runs so counter to his own values.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Riddhe's thing does sound good on the paper, but in the show? Not so much for me. Not sure why I find him so flat, maybe it's because the animators forgot to give him more than one expression.

That seems to be a problem across the board, actually: Yas's character designs are excellent as always but a lot of them don't seem to emote very much, which is weird when you consider how they've been handled in other, sometimes lesser series.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Well, on the bright side, I don't really hate any characters in Unicorn, so that's a plus. And yeah, I think Riddhe is by far the most interesting character, and Marida \ Frontal are also more interesting than Banagher and Minerva. Okay, well, I DO like Otto Midas, but he's sort of a one dimensional character in that he's a Feddie captain who is an incompetent douchebag.

It's also nice to see Bright again, even though he doesn't get a lot of screen time as of episode 4. I'd say that Bright and Haro are the de-facto main characters of Gundam because they appear in more things than anybody else. I think Bright might be the only character from the original Gundam who hasn't either retired from the military or died.

Maybe they should do Hathaway's Flash next, so we can have the definitive closure of Bright's story. Jesus, it has the cruelest goddamn ending ever. Bright is forced to execute his own son, and right before Hathaway dies, Quess's ghost appears in front of him and tells him that she never loved him and he's useless and his wife was a waste. Bright then gets understandably depressed as hell for having to execute his own son, retires from the military and starts a restaurant with Mirai.

Man, I really kind of hated Quess Paraya and Hathaway Noa. While manly of the characters in Unicorn are very meh, at least it doesn't have a Quess or a Katz Kobayashi.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Okay, well, I DO like Otto Midas, but he's sort of a one dimensional character in that he's a Feddie captain who is an incompetent douchebag.

Is he? I was under the impression that he may look and act like an incompetent douchebag, but actually does decently well when the chips are down.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, on the bright side, I don't really hate any characters in Unicorn, so that's a plus. And yeah, I think Riddhe is by far the most interesting character, and Marida \ Frontal are also more interesting than Banagher and Minerva. Okay, well, I DO like Otto Midas, but he's sort of a one dimensional character in that he's a Feddie captain who is an incompetent douchebag.

It's also nice to see Bright again, even though he doesn't get a lot of screen time as of episode 4. I'd say that Bright and Haro are the de-facto main characters of Gundam because they appear in more things than anybody else. I think Bright might be the only character from the original Gundam who hasn't either retired from the military or died.

Maybe they should do Hathaway's Flash next, so we can have the definitive closure of Bright's story. Jesus, it has the cruelest goddamn ending ever. Bright is forced to execute his own son, and right before Hathaway dies, Quess's ghost appears in front of him and tells him that she never loved him and he's useless and his wife was a waste. Bright then gets understandably depressed as hell for having to execute his own son, retires from the military and starts a restaurant with Mirai.

Man, I really kind of hated Quess Paraya and Hathaway Noa. While manly of the characters in Unicorn are very meh, at least it doesn't have a Quess or a Katz Kobayashi.

If I remember correctly, there was a rumor of something HF related after Unicorn or maybe a cameo. Also god drat, I need to find a translated copy because that ending is way more brutal then I remember. As much as I would like Hathaway's Flash animated, I'm still in the crazed ship that Crossbone needs to be the next OVA.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
If they were to do Xbone with the same character designs as the manga they might as well just take the budget money and burn it.

I've only read a few chapters, but my take-away was "oh, Tomino's in one of his manic phases again" and nothing about it struck me as very substantial. But again, that's an incomplete impression.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i think it's just overhyped, but I still really quite like it. I haven't read the sequel manga to it yet.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

It is a bit over hyped, but it's still pretty good. Some of the sequels are hit and miss, but I enjoyed them. The art style took a bit for me to get used too though, and that's gonna be the first thing that's gonna have to go.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

It is a bit over hyped, but it's still pretty good. Some of the sequels are hit and miss, but I enjoyed them. The art style took a bit for me to get used too though, and that's gonna be the first thing that's gonna have to go.

Hiring a known paedophile to draw your manga is seldom a good idea, true (the artist also draws lolicon hentai in his spare time, and it kind of shows).

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Well. That was a thing I wish I didn't know.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

If I remember correctly, there was a rumor of something HF related after Unicorn or maybe a cameo. Also god drat, I need to find a translated copy because that ending is way more brutal then I remember.

Is there a translation floating around? As far as I know it never got taken up by any of the usual suspects. There's a summary of the first volume here but that's the closest I've ever seen.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Midjack posted:

Is there a translation floating around? As far as I know it never got taken up by any of the usual suspects. There's a summary of the first volume here but that's the closest I've ever seen.

To be honest I have no idea. I'd love to find it in PDF format so I can slap that onto my kindle. I got a pretty indepth summary from a friend who is fluent enough to have read it himself, but I'd love to know the full thing.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Just to get in on the Unicorn talk,I've enjoyed it a lot, but god drat was episode 4 just terrible and had a lot of things I disliked about modern gundam shoved in to UC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crossbone is one of those things I just don't understand.

The artwork is terrible. Like incomprehensibly terrible. Even if you ignore the creepy character designs, the artist also just can't draw dynamic or interesting scenes and frequently screws up the perspective or proportions on anything he draws. It's one of the worst looking manga I've ever seen from almost every perspective.

The plot is goofy as hell and none of the character interactions seemed particularly good. It relies on a lot of goofy gimmick MS and implausible survivals. ("Hey guys, I got stabbed directly in the cockpit with a beam saber but it's okay I'm a cyborg now.) Crux isn't a very interesting villain, Tobia isn't a very interesting hero, and the plot never really goes anywhere meaningful.

I don't get why anyone would really want a Crossbone series except for the fact it's got some nice MS designs that are only portrayed in that awful awful art style.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
You just described why I like it! Plus if games are anything to go by, it would have some pretty kickin music.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
If you think about it, adapting a lovely manga is kinda like giving it a second chance to not suck. Unfortunately I don't think most people view adapting media in the same way, most people just want slavish recreations of the source material regardless of its quality (or lack thereof), and since there's lots more money in that, that's what we get.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

Monaghan posted:

Just to get in on the Unicorn talk,I've enjoyed it a lot, but god drat was episode 4 just terrible and had a lot of things I disliked about modern gundam shoved in to UC.

Yeah, it kinda turned into an episode of Gundam SEED for a second there.

My thoughts on Unicorn is that it's so goddamn UC it becomes almost derivative. With the exception of the aforementioned episode 4 YOU MUST NOT FIGHT etc etc, Unicorn checks off all of UC's greatest hits as far its details go. Our souls are trapped by gravity blah blah, Adults sure are terrible and ruin everything yadda yadda, Another Zeon remnant and then ANOTHER ANOTHER Zeon remnant, we must become vessels to be a sacrifice to the bleep bloop, mysterious women with tragic pasts in giant mobile armors/suits that are being used as soulless killing machines belch.

I mean, it's a good enough execution, since I don't directly hate any of the characters, and I like it when Shuuichi Ikeda gets work, and the animation is nice, but it's just so goddamn boring and pat. Is it some sort of meta commentary on the same things keep happening in this era and that the Laplace Box is really the only answer to getting out of that? Maybe. However, I am kind of unimpressed. Riddhe is an interesting departure since he's kind of sensible about the whole thing. Maybe all of this Newtype revolution garbage isn't the best thing for humanity. However, he's in the evil looking black mobile suit and disagrees with the protagonists so he's wrong by default.

It's not a bad show by any means, just something that seems really calculated to appeal to UC fans.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The plot is goofy as hell and none of the character interactions seemed particularly good. It relies on a lot of goofy gimmick MS and implausible survivals. ("Hey guys, I got stabbed directly in the cockpit with a beam saber but it's okay I'm a cyborg now.)

You say this like it doesn't kick tremendous amounts of rear end. :colbert: Gundam is at its best when it's goofy, I think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SALT CURES HAM posted:

You say this like it doesn't kick tremendous amounts of rear end. :colbert: Gundam is at its best when it's goofy, I think.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure nobody was particularly cool with Andrew Wartfelt coming back with a cyborg arm and a face scar. It wasn't any better when Seabook did it. In general I just don't think anyone should be coming back from getting a beam saber directly to the cockpit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know, I'm pretty sure nobody was particularly cool with Andrew Wartfelt coming back with a cyborg arm and a face scar. It wasn't any better when Seabook did it. In general I just don't think anyone should be coming back from getting a beam saber directly to the cockpit.

We certainly all wish Kira hadn't.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Not everything has to be or should be G Gundam.

TNG posted:

My thoughts on Unicorn is that it's so goddamn UC it becomes almost derivative. With the exception of the aforementioned episode 4 YOU MUST NOT FIGHT etc etc, Unicorn checks off all of UC's greatest hits as far its details go. Our souls are trapped by gravity blah blah, Adults sure are terrible and ruin everything yadda yadda, Another Zeon remnant and then ANOTHER ANOTHER Zeon remnant, we must become vessels to be a sacrifice to the bleep bloop, mysterious women with tragic pasts in giant mobile armors/suits that are being used as soulless killing machines belch.

On the other hand, this is also a problem and helps me understand why I've been kind of underwhelmed by Unicorn. It's so loving reverential and hidebound in a way that it's actually somewhat inert. There is absolutely nothing risky or weird about it, and it suffers for this.

That said, it's still better than just about anything else the franchise has pooped out in the last 20 years, though that's not a very high bar to clear.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

TNG posted:

I mean, it's a good enough execution, since I don't directly hate any of the characters, and I like it when Shuuichi Ikeda gets work, and the animation is nice, but it's just so goddamn boring and pat. Is it some sort of meta commentary on the same things keep happening in this era and that the Laplace Box is really the only answer to getting out of that? Maybe. However, I am kind of unimpressed. Riddhe is an interesting departure since he's kind of sensible about the whole thing. Maybe all of this Newtype revolution garbage isn't the best thing for humanity. However, he's in the evil looking black mobile suit and disagrees with the protagonists so he's wrong by default.

It's not a bad show by any means, just something that seems really calculated to appeal to UC fans.

Yeah I agree with this. Its clearly written by fanboys for fanboys, and while I enjoy it since I am one of those I can't really say its that good. Its still incredibly safe.

It might be interesting to see a UC series that totally throws the Earth Vs. Zeon balance that is far too ingrained out of whack. Like after the 8 trillionth existential crisis the Federation finally collapses. Zeon breaks into multiple squabbling groups over who is the true heir to Zeon, the Earth into a few strong powers trying to reassert influence over as much of earth as they can, and smaller states try to remain neutral or play influence games to stay unconquered. It provides potential for all of Gundam's hallmarks without being the exact same setting as all the other crap. But there is no chance of something like that happening.

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I'm watching ZZ and just finished the Moon-Moon story. I'm not sure I agree...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

TNG posted:

You nailed it. While watching Unicorn, I couldn't shake the feeling that I've seen this all before. It's very, very by the numbers. It's not bad, hell I do like it, but it's no where near my favorite. While it is loaded to the brim with references to MSG, Zeta, ZZ and CCA, I almost feel like someone who hasn't already seen all of those might enjoy it some more.

I'm a huge UC fanboy and the UC is the Gundam closest to my heart, but right now I'm enjoying stuff that's different a lot more. I recently finished G Gundam, loved it, and now I'm starting Turn A. I'm also a huge Transformers fanboy (bet you never guessed) and it has the exact same problem when it constantly rehashes G1 over and over and over. With Gundam, it's just MSG and Zeta rehashes again and again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Unicorn, like... pretty much every Gundam series in recent memory is enamored with Original and Zeta and can't escape its influence in the slightest. Every series is either dedicated to mimicking Original/Zeta (or rarely another series) or trying to be different from Original in an insanely forced way.

And of course we're probably getting The Origin next because that is the purest form of mimicking the original series.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

JoeCL posted:

It might be interesting to see a UC series that totally throws the Earth Vs. Zeon balance that is far too ingrained out of whack. Like after the 8 trillionth existential crisis the Federation finally collapses. Zeon breaks into multiple squabbling groups over who is the true heir to Zeon, the Earth into a few strong powers trying to reassert influence over as much of earth as they can, and smaller states try to remain neutral or play influence games to stay unconquered. It provides potential for all of Gundam's hallmarks without being the exact same setting as all the other crap. But there is no chance of something like that happening.

I'd say this was more or less the intent of both F91 and V, but we all know how those turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bimmi posted:

Not everything has to be or should be G Gundam.

On the other hand, this is also a problem and helps me understand why I've been kind of underwhelmed by Unicorn. It's so loving reverential and hidebound in a way that it's actually somewhat inert. There is absolutely nothing risky or weird about it, and it suffers for this.

That said, it's still better than just about anything else the franchise has pooped out in the last 20 years, though that's not a very high bar to clear.

I'm just wondering why you still watch gundam shows if you haven't liked a single show in the past 20 years.

Christ the franchise hasn't been that bad.

• Locked thread