Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

boydx posted:

My character on the Social Club page appears to have reverted back to level 1, is this a common thing? Oh god

Ignore it. Social club breaks about as much as online itself; I'm sure your character is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

coyo7e posted:

No. It is not.

FWIW, I tested this out last week with over a mil in cash on me and the mugger only got 2k.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Anyone on PSN wanna hook me up with a luxury car I can sell? I'm tired of glitch/selling my Scheißter Fulside (whatever it's called) for 28k.

PSN ID: Zander747 or just quote the text and leave your PSN ID. I can do the adding, if you're reading this and too lazy.

(Also, just add me if you wanna screw around. I'm dying to race someone down Mt.Chilliad in forklifts.)

Kelly posted:

When I want to make my glitching session a little more exciting, I use the one by the airport. That's the closest I get to civilization though - usually it's Beecher's for me.

The seaport/airport LSC is where all the civilized glitchmen/women go to rob money like greedy, sophisticated politicians. LSC in the northern, downtown area is basically Capetown.

I've never really had anyone kill me at the southern LSC. People are just there to make money, same as you. It's kinda nice, in a way.

cname fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 31, 2013

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
So me and Jihad Joe figured out that if someone climbs up on top of the ambulance and doesn't move around, they pretty much will not come off of it no matter how erratically you drive...

Teenwolf car-surfing to the max.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

cname posted:

I've never really had anyone kill me at the southern LSC. People are just there to make money, same as you. It's kinda nice, in a way.

I was tooling around town this morning and there was a legit line of cars waiting to get into one of the LSCs. It looked like a Burger King drive-thru.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Rapdawg posted:

I am sad at the lack of missions that are fun to do for the sake of fun, to be honest it seems like the things to do now are either make money slowly in a horrible way or slowly do missions for the sake of it.

drat if I don't want my Banshee now.

Have you tried those "team x and team y try to complete the same objective" missions? I've been having some great games of those. Or "team x tries to stop team y from completing objective" can be fun too. There are a bunch that aren't just Top Fun. Payouts suck in those, especially on the losing team, but sometimes I like to play the game to have fun.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

bisticles posted:

I was tooling around town this morning and there was a legit line of cars waiting to get into one of the LSCs. It looked like a Burger King drive-thru.

You know what you must do - well placed stickybombs, selfie with the chain-explosion.

I sniped the same guy 13 times one session, he just would not get behind cover and kept trying to shoot me from street level. Once I told him it was partially to get a sweet color job for the rifle, he told how much my mother loves black dick and I offered to start over.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
There's more fun to be had than making money. For exampl, a four person gun battle at the docks over a wanted car.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ElwoodCuse posted:

There's more fun to be had than making money. For exampl, a four person gun battle at the docks over a wanted car.

Those are the best, but only when I come along in time to blow it up.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

56k posted:

Hopefully free roam kills count towards gun skins.

As far as I know they are the only ones that count towards that... wait, do Deathmatch/TDM kills count?! Oh my god.

I loving earned that thousand kill tattoo and I wear it on my titty with pride :colbert:

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Is there scuba gear in online? Any quick ways to get your lung capacity up? Any benefit to doing it?

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

Scarf posted:

So me and Jihad Joe figured out that if someone climbs up on top of the ambulance and doesn't move around, they pretty much will not come off of it no matter how erratically you drive...

Too bad my shitheap xbox decided it needed a new disc drive. THANKS OBAMA

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DELETED posted:

Too bad my shitheap xbox decided it needed a new disc drive. THANKS OBAMA

:(

You missed me completely forgetting how to detonate sticky bombs and having to pour gasoline all over them to set them off that way.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

This game is massively unfun by yourself, and it doesn't help when players are already moving on to other games and all your friends are in bad sport hell :(

This needs a big update pretty soon or its going to be a ghost town. Moreso if they reset everything, but the economy they wanted to make is already hosed with the car glitch. I don't see how they're going to fix things :ohdear:

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

I was running around with some goon last night. They were trying to get me set up in a Lazer but I kept dying (because I still kinda suck sometimes). Thanks anyways, dude! :respek:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

This game is massively unfun by yourself, and it doesn't help when players are already moving on to other games and all your friends are in bad sport hell :(

Hunt the pubbies then. Taunt them with texts. Turn them against each other with clever traps. Drink their sweet sweet tears.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Scarf posted:

Setting the ambulance roof on fire and then having flaming corpses falling off is fun too.

StabMasterArson posted:

This needs a big update pretty soon or its going to be a ghost town. Moreso if they reset everything, but the economy they wanted to make is already hosed with the car glitch. I don't see how they're going to fix things :ohdear:

Camp on the roof of LSC and kill everyone that tries to enter. I also find it fund to put 9K bounties and mercenaries on the lowest level players in the lobby, muggers too.

The other day I had a guy shoot in when I was in ammunation and so I just kept putting 9k bounties on him over and over again as well as sending mercenaries and muggers after him whenever I could. He tracked me down to the roof of LSC and parked below and tried to kill me so I called in a Merryweather airstrike and killed him and some poor pubbie who was about to sell his car.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 31, 2013

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

cname posted:

Anyone on PSN wanna hook me up with a luxury car I can sell? I'm tired of glitch/selling my Scheißter Fulside (whatever it's called) for 28k.

I almost went this route too, but spend your first $100,000 or so buying all the upgrades. If you are too low in level to get any good ones, hook up with some Goons and trade race wins. You level up in no time that way.

I took my Dominator all the way from $6800 resell to $78,889. It takes some time at first to get your car tricked out, and in the mean time you might have an experience like I had. I grew to love my Dominator and with handling upgrades, it is a fun car to drive now.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

StabMasterArson posted:

Yeah I'm not sure how Rockstar intends to keep people around long enough to keep this interesting. With how far behind they are on the $$, I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC schedule gets pushed back. The beach one sounds useless, and based on the missions and payouts, I really can't say I'm interested in anything other than the create your own mission stuff and heists. The current missions are all boring and don't pay well. poo poo that can be fun, like those team battles and parachuting or what not, pay $1000 if you win. Woo. And you can't get anyone to play those because everyone is either poor, doing races since that's the only legit thing that pays, or glitching so they're not broke every session

I still don't see how they unfuck the economy without torpedoing their userbase. There are always a few LSC glitchers in every game. Wiping or banning those people basically ensures they aren't gonna pay for any DLC/$ in the future.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 31, 2013

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Lunethex posted:

Have you tried linking your gamertag to the new social club account? My guess is it probably won't work due to already being linked. You'd lose out on your crew stuff but all your stats should be fine overall. You probably won't get that Club Account back without a generous support member though. Not much else to say other than keep a text on a flash drive/external with info written down and have them on notes in real life in the future.
Yes, writing down all of your account names and passwords is an excellent idea.. :rolleye:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

StabMasterArson posted:

Do you know how many people bought this game? 'ghost town' is just crazy talk. It's literally the biggest game ever.

I agree its a lot less fun on your own - missions, races, jobs and all the activities suck on your own or with pubbies but are a lot of fun with friends. But antagonising, sniping, flying planes into and trying to creatively murder people in public lobbies is fun alone or with friends.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

coyo7e posted:

Yes, writing down all of your account names and passwords is an excellent idea.. :rolleye:

Well it is.

If someone has access to wherever you wrote the password, they could have just installed a keylogger.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Brasseye posted:

Do you know how many people bought this game? 'ghost town' is just crazy talk. It's literally the biggest game ever.

I agree its a lot less fun on your own - missions, races, jobs and all the activities suck on your own or with pubbies but are a lot of fun with friends. But antagonising, sniping, flying planes into and trying to creatively murder people in public lobbies is fun alone or with friends.

Yes - hasn't it already outsold GTA IV after only six weeks?!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Nika posted:

y'all know what gangsta looks like?

this is what gangsta looks like:

yeah that's right, it's the pink/purple cow machine comin' atcha

you ain't gotta like it cuz the herd gon' love it :colbert:

What is this and how do I get one exactly like it?

Hook 'em, 'Horns! :clint:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Lots of people were playing GTA 4 multiplayer THIS YEAR. And it had a tenth of the stuff to do. This is not becoming a ghost town.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kelly posted:

It outsold GTA IV's first 9 months of sales in a day.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

StabMasterArson posted:

Lmao are you kidding me? GTA5 was the biggest entertainment release in history, you're worried about the game being a ghost town? poo poo man. You need to find some bigger things to worry about

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Platystemon posted:

Well it is.

If someone has access to wherever you wrote the password, they could have just installed a keylogger.
Yeah, I guess you don't do anything where it matters. I'm totally going to take as gospel a three-sentence blog post by some neckbeard blogger who got his chops coding on punch cards.

Keep saying it's smart to write down passwords when you get a C-level's international travel laptop which has post-its with VPN instructions and login and password information (with at least read access to most of the network's file shares), taped to the loving computer.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
My social club :ohdear:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Kelly posted:

Also outsold San Andreas in that same time period too, since GTA:SA and GTA IV had reached the point of just about equal sales.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Platystemon posted:

Park it parallel to the garage door and back towards it with your weapon drawn. Start far out and edge it closer each time.

The screenshots I saw had the bike facing right (so your character straddle it with the opposite leg most people would), but I don’t know if it matters.

Thanks. You're the first person to respond in the week that I've been asking about this.

What you suggested is more-or-less what I have been doing during my last couple of tries except that I was slightly more diagonal than parallel.

Are there any garages that have been confirmed not to work even though they have a walking / driving animation? I've already spent so much time on this, I'd like to be 100% sure that it is possible with the Integrity Way apartment.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I don't think the game will be a "ghost town" and there will be plenty of pubbies around at all times but I think you'll see active crew members decline as more players move on to other games. Being a jerk to other people was fun for a little while but I know I got bored after a few weeks, although I am on the lookout for new content. Losing a decently leveled character was kind of a hype killer too.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Does the switch character car selling glitch still work? I haven't logged in to GTA Online for about a week.

e: For that matter, does the Criminal Records glitch still work too?

Pork Pie Hat fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 31, 2013

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
While ghost towns an over-exaggeration,
greifing random people is fun the very first time you do it for ten minutes.
Also the number of people online in the crew & such went down.

It just feels a lot like there are a few features that are discouraging people from playing.

It has lots of potential.
And the sales are for the single player campaign.

I know some people bought it for GTAO, but the series is pretty much known for its single player, and to be honest thats why I bought it.
If online goes to poo poo, it's ok to me because it was just a bonus anyhow.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Whatever dudes, I still cackle like an idiot when I get three seconds of undiluted, high-volume pubby rage over the kill-mic. Swear at me in French more, I love it :unsmigghh:

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

Does the switch character car selling glitch still work? I haven't logged in to GTA Online for about a week.

e: For that matter, does the Criminal Records glitch still work too?

Yes and yes (lol they have gone way too long without fixing the money glitch), I'm down for Criminal Records again this weekend if you are. Still need like 17 wins or something.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Seriously interested to see how Rockstar handles this mess. Seems like they can either hope that adding new in-game purchases (vehicles, weapons, properties) will eventually soak up most of the hoarded glitch money, or go through every account, figure out how much money was ill-gotten, and play repo man on the money and assets.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The glitch players are eventually gonna run short on cash once glitch money making dries up, and in the first place they weren't exactly tops on the list of "players who were gonna buy the cash packs", especially so the higher they dared to go.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Punishing people for working the system in a game that revolves around lying, cheating, stealing, and murder is loving dumb.

Glitching money really doesn't give you any advantages other than "oh look I have nice things"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

bisticles posted:

or go through every account, figure out how much money was ill-gotten, and play repo man on the money and assets.

This isn't as difficult as you imagine. Pretty easy to figure out the theoretical maximum you could have earned from selling regular ole' Ballers and Felons every 48 minutes. Let's say that's $2M by now. Anybody who has made at least $3M from selling cars is a glitcher. I'm pretty sure this is gonna be just Rockstar looking at a single spreadsheet, that is, if anything actually comes of it.

I doubt they'll do anything.

Scarf posted:

Glitching money really doesn't give you any advantages other than "oh look I have nice things"

Eh, not quite. Glitching also means near-unlimited funds for calling Mercs, placing bounties, etc.

• Locked thread