Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
That's a pretty good selection of bots.

However, the Generations Leaders could very well be Movie 4 preview toys. That movie 4 Optimus Prime leader we saw earlier is going to be in the Generations line, I believe.

Although if they actually ARE honest to God classics leaders, that would be neat.

Part of me hopes he's this guy:

(He's probably not)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
That list just sounds too good to be true

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Want a MTMTE Brainstorm so badly

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Well, the legends Brawn and Gears I can see being retools of Swerve. Cliffjumper I have no clue who they'll retool for that, though. :confused: Who is Gnaw?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

Whoa, big rumor/news over at TFW2005

Generations LEADERS ??

I'm going to guess that Leader Megatron has a pretty good chance of making Gammatron very happy.

The_Doctor posted:

Well, the legends Brawn and Gears I can see being retools of Swerve. Cliffjumper I have no clue who they'll retool for that, though. :confused: Who is Gnaw?

Cliffjumper will be a retool of Bumblebee. Gnaw is a Sharkticon.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I'm expecting Leader Megatron and Jetfire to be repackaged, maybe repainted RotF molds.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Roadbuster Roadbuster ROADBUSTER!

It's like a Wreckers Xmas :woop:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Keldroc posted:

Cliffjumper will be a retool of Bumblebee.

Ah, my sarcasm wasn't that obvious then.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'm expecting Leader Megatron and Jetfire to be repackaged, maybe repainted RotF molds.

This seems pretty likely, really. They never did seem to get the proper repaint mileage out of those molds. Having trouble picturing RotF Jetfire in the white and red, though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah so apparently a lot of movie figures are going under the "generations" banner at least for now. But we have a different list of movie figures so I still have hope :unsmith:

edit: now we have a rumored US MP Sideswipe release

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Blackheart posted:

Yeah so apparently a lot of movie figures are going under the "generations" banner at least for now. But we have a different list of movie figures so I still have hope :unsmith:

Wasn't that shellformer Optimus supposed to be Generations? I think it's all oversized KO cyberverses from now on.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

edit: now we have a rumored US MP Sideswipe release

Hopefully they make it official before the BBTS shipments come in, I'd really rather get a better deal.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
There's quite a bit of Takara-only stuff in that dropdown, though, so I wouldn't use that as confirmation of a US release of anything that's come out over in Japan.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

If they're going to make a US Sideswipe, I really wish they would make Red Alert too, because I was a total dumbass and passed that one up. Now he's way more than $80 and if I buy one, there's a good chance it's going to be a poor-quality knockoff and not the real thing.

I was like "well, one's enough, right?" But the fact that he has a lot of substantially different tooling makes me really wish he was in my collection. (Red Alert is a way more interesting character than Sideswipe, anyway.)

Of course, Red Alert and Inferno are kind of a duo. It's weird having a fire chief's car without a fire truck. I... sorta hope that they never make an Inferno. He would be enormous, expensive and... I would probably want him.

Luckily, if you were to ask me "which Autobots do you want to see Masterpieces of?" I would tell you I'd want Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus as my top three, and heeeeeyyy guess what Taraka's doing? I hope we get a Jazz, Ironhide\Ratchet, Hound and Megatron 2.0 soon after those. After we have all the most important\popular '84 through '85 characters done (and I say important, I don't want literally every single one - I can't say I'd want MP Trailbreaker or Seaspray that bad) it would be cool to see them do the cast of the '86 movie. Heck, they've already started with Rodimus and Ultra Magnus. Triple changers like Springer or Astrotrain might be really cool, too. And before I would have said that an MP Devastator would be silly as it would cost something like $600 but welp, people are actually willing to pay that.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Due to Sideswipe's existence I have to deem MP Sunstreaker a requirement at some point. And yeah, I'd dig an MP Inferno to go with Red Alert, especially if he was proper fire truck sized in comparison.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
GammatronMonkeyPawed.png

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Hahaha, that would just be Hasbro twisting the knife.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

GammatronMonkeyPawed.png

Keldroc posted:

Hahaha, that would just be Hasbro twisting the knife.

Yeah.

...I would still probably buy it.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Disappointing that the leaders are prob movie figs, but I'm dying to see the Brainstorm and Hardhead. I always kind of enjoy it when HasTak knocks the legs out from under 3rd party companies.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah.

...I would still probably buy it.

You're only encouraging them.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

catch22 posted:

Disappointing that the leaders are prob movie figs, but I'm dying to see the Brainstorm and Hardhead. I always kind of enjoy it when HasTak knocks the legs out from under 3rd party companies.

Movie Jetfire in red and white with a new generations headsculpt would be interesting to see.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

That list is great if most of it comes off, but who/what is Generations Voyager Skybyte?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Flying metal shark from RiD. He almost got into the "hall of fame."

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Goldskull posted:

That list is great if most of it comes off, but who/what is Generations Voyager Skybyte?

Could be a new mold, particularly in these crazy days of Voyager Rhinox. Or it could just be a reissue of the original Cybershark mold, which hasn't aged too badly. Or it could be a repaint of TFP Dreadwing or Sharkticon Megatron in Sky Byte colors with a new head.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

A bunch of TF4 character names have been found on Hasbro's website now, as well.

A couple surprises in there, so I'll spoiler the list in cast anyone cares.

Bumblebee
Crosshairs
Drift
Galvatron
Grimlock (Dinobot name)
Hound
Lockdown
Optimus Prime
Scorn
Slag (Dinobot name)
Slash (Dinobot name)
Slingshot
Snarl (Dinobot name)
Southpaw
Stinger
Strafe

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I kinda want Skybyte to be a Voyager RTS Lugnut redeco/remold, because I love that mold but mine has a hosed up chest and one of springloaded arms is hosed, and getting a replacement of that particular mold is hard as poo poo.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
My "monkey's paw" will be the reveal that Jhiaxus is a loving tribute to the RID Jetstorm repaint instead of the character that's the absolute top of my want list.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Keldroc posted:

A bunch of TF4 character names have been found on Hasbro's website now, as well.

A couple surprises in there, so I'll spoiler the list in cast anyone cares.

Bumblebee
Crosshairs
Drift
Galvatron
Grimlock (Dinobot name)
Hound
Lockdown
Optimus Prime
Scorn
Slag (Dinobot name)
Slash (Dinobot name)
Slingshot
Snarl (Dinobot name)
Southpaw
Stinger
Strafe

That's a lot of S's.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

My "monkey's paw" will be the reveal that Jhiaxus is a loving tribute to the RID Jetstorm repaint instead of the character that's the absolute top of my want list.

You're not the only one.

I'm holding out hope that this is gonna be a real Jhiaxus figure, though. I mean, they did do Straxus...

SpikeMcclane posted:

Flying metal shark from RiD. He almost got into the "hall of fame."

"Who's the baddest shark around? Who's the smartest shark in town?"

I'm not gonna pretend RiD was a good show, but Sky-byte made it watchable sometimes. I really do like Sky-Byte and Scourge from RiD a lot. And RiD was an awesome toyline.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm holding out hope that this is gonna be a real Jhiaxus figure, though. I mean, they did do Straxus...

My far, far waaaaaay off base hope is someone doing Octus. Third parties who aren't afraid of the BBC, go!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

My far, far waaaaaay off base hope is someone doing Octus. Third parties who aren't afraid of the BBC, go!

There's a halfway decent on in Radicons made of shapeways parts.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

You're not the only one.

It can't be THAT real at deluxe class. I'm not as much of a size queen as most TF fans, but Jhiaxus is pretty goddam big in the G2 comics, definitely bigger than Prime. As long as he can slap RTS Prime around, I can settle.

Maybe it's IDW Jhiaxus, that'd be pretty cool too, I guess.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It'll more likely be IDW Jhiaxus, but either G2 or IDW would make me happy. It's better than an orange jetstorm.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm not gonna pretend RiD was a good show, but Sky-byte made it watchable sometimes. I really do like Sky-Byte and Scourge from RiD a lot. And RiD was an awesome toyline.
RiD single-handedly revived my interest in stupid robot toys. Then Armada promptly killed it. Alternators was cool, too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I still have hope because the listings are pretty different between what's obviously movie figures and "classics-ish" generations. Well, dinobot fans are finally happy now, they're releasing everyone... in movieverse form :shepface:

Speaking of Jhiaxus, this might be very wrong but I liked him more in the original comic than the mad scientist version in IDW. Just a huge no-nonsense bruiser emperor who hated both autobots and decepticons and went more and more insane as his plans went to poo poo. Then when optimus went all "why can't we all just be frieeeends" he decided to just beat the poo poo out of him.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I really like the g2 comic and I cannot like idw jhiaxus because I immediately think of that panel of arcee's regendering where her legs are spread apart by restraints, somethings hooked up under her crotch, and jhiaxus is pushing her grimacing head down :barf: :barf: :barf: gently caress you furman you creep

They DID make Whirl his g1 design instead of his mtmte design, could get lucky with jhiaxus.
And his g2 form's a lot more coherent than his idw form. Has he even ever transformed in IDW?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

I still have hope because the listings are pretty different between what's obviously movie figures and "classics-ish" generations. Well, dinobot fans are finally happy now, they're releasing everyone... in movieverse form :shepface:

Well, not everyone, since there are only four Dinobot names and one of them is Slash, which has to be a raptor, I figure.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Rita Repulsa posted:

I really like the g2 comic and I cannot like idw jhiaxus because I immediately think of that panel of arcee's regendering where her legs are spread apart by restraints, somethings hooked up under her crotch, and jhiaxus is pushing her grimacing head down :barf: :barf: :barf: gently caress you furman you creep

They DID make Whirl his g1 design instead of his mtmte design, could get lucky with jhiaxus.
And his g2 form's a lot more coherent than his idw form. Has he even ever transformed in IDW?

I'm really glad I got into TF comics after this poo poo had passed

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's probably IDW Jhiaxus and I really hope it isn't. For the life of me - Seriously, I've read every IDW book multiple times - I can't remember what Jhiaxus transforms into, or if he ever has Whereas the G2 one is very distinct looking and much more memorable than generic mad scientist #3

Rossum is cooler anyway. Rossum made phase sixers. Jhiaxus made one crappy combiner. Rossum 6 - Jhiaxus 1.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got a new toy car today. As much as I like Prowl, I like Bluestreak even more. I've always liked his color scheme the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I think the new Generations Leader Megatron is gonna be a gun. They've done Cybertronian mode, tanks and planes already. He's just going to be a big fuckoff gun.

That list is a thing of beauty.