Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I am pretty sure it's a bad tie rod joint from driving it. I COULD rotate the tires but I can't borrow the car from the gf to drive it to the shop more than once a week, so to keep the ball rolling I am just going to replace stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
It won't hurt to replace it all anyway, and the parts are cheap. (Relatively) (for Mercedes parts) (kind of)

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I found them WAY cheaper on Rockauto. I am going to address this diesel fuel leak from the injectors now while I am at it. From what I have read the O-rings go bad and just need to be replaced. So far it seems very easy.

I really think I am going to get away with all the repairs to make the car issue-free for $500 or so.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Do you mean you found the Moog parts way cheaper or were they made by Uro? Because holy poo poo stay away from Uro.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

That bad? What brands should I be looking for?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ultimateforce posted:

That bad? What brands should I be looking for?

Genuine Daimler-Benz products, of course.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

8ender posted:

Because holy poo poo stay away from Uro.

Incidentally, this is true for anything made by Uro. :zombie:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Yeah, URO is pretty hated in the Volvo community as well. Garbage materials that wear out between oil changes. Rubber or metal, doesn't matter, it's wearing out.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Aight I'mma order the non-URO poo poo today on my lunch break.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Don't forget your 5% off coupon code: 1733170114654117

Put it in the "How'd you hear about us?" line at the bottom of the page.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Good looking out but I was already there.

:smug:

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

probably late to this but Lemforder is who made/makes the suspension components for Mercedes most of the time. when you buy their stuff you can see where they just ground off the 3 pointed star and Benz part number.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I will remember that for the next round of parts. Good call.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

LloydDobler posted:

Yeah, URO is pretty hated in the Volvo community as well. Garbage materials that wear out between oil changes. Rubber or metal, doesn't matter, it's wearing out.

I figured I was okay with some Uro sway bar links and not only did the rubber disintegrate in 6 months but one actually got bent and twisted. I've never even seen a sway bar link do that.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Working on the single turbo T3 R32, R33, R34 kit. This one is pretty much in the bag, a T6 kit is next some time soon.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Man I really hope the turbo isn't blown in the 300D. I am slowly tinkering with it and the vac line on the wastegate was completely cracked open when I replaced it. Now can't stop thinking it was over spun and blew out internally. I'll have to put a boost gauge on it this weekend and find out for sure.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Isn't it due to get sold anyway?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Boy that is a fresh joke for this thread.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
I'm sorry. Also I have an URO cupholder and it works great. Hope that information is the sort of thread contribution you were looking for.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

If you don't like it go read another thread?

:shrug:

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Gunbus posted:

probably late to this but Lemforder is who made/makes the suspension components for Mercedes most of the time. when you buy their stuff you can see where they just ground off the 3 pointed star and Benz part number.

They might be labelled/listed as ZF too.
:ssh: The Benz logo might be ground off because they didn't meet their quality specs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ultimateforce posted:

Man I really hope the turbo isn't blown in the 300D. I am slowly tinkering with it and the vac line on the wastegate was completely cracked open when I replaced it. Now can't stop thinking it was over spun and blew out internally. I'll have to put a boost gauge on it this weekend and find out for sure.

gently caress, that would pretty much screw up the affordable part of the purchase.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Update: The mechanical boost gauge at work is broken. I'll have to get a cheapo one and try again some other time.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Can you swap a CA/SR/RB/LSx/lawnmower engine into? I say this in jest of course, but I would assume you could find a fairly inexpensive junkyard turbo to get things going?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I will investigate further this weekend but I've read there's a change I have the Garrett turbo, which uses a plain-Jane T25 flange. Although I am not about to sing the praises of the Skyline T25s, I have about 50 of them I am using as paper weights right now.

I should also say the Garrett turbo is rebuildable too, which is great. Just hoping I don't have the inferior KKK turbo.

ultimateforce fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 30, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ultimateforce posted:

Just hoping I don't have the inferior KKK turbo.

This explains the white smoke when they start burning oil. :v:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

West SAAB Story posted:

This explains the white smoke when they start burning oil. :v:

:rimshot: that made me laugh way more than it should.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

ultimateforce posted:

I will investigate further this weekend but I've read there's a change I have the Garrett turbo, which uses a plain-Jane T25 flange. Although I am not about to sing the praises of the Skyline T25s, I have about 50 of them I am using as paper weights right now.

I should also say the Garrett turbo is rebuildable too, which is great. Just hoping I don't have the inferior KKK turbo.

I'd love a T25 for turboing the Charade LeMons car if you have a good one. My spare Saab one is pretty worn out, honestly.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

$200 standard pricing.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Goon pricing $300

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Getting time to work on the S13.

Experimenting with some new designs for stuff in the future.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How many T25s do you have, really? I wanna see a picture of the pile.

$200 shipped? I just picked up a T25 manifold for a Miata :)

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

They are all over the place, I think they get parted out to be upgraded with billet wheels. I am not sure on shipping price.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

:siren: I will be going camping at the race track this month (over night). Details to be posted later. :siren:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

ultimateforce posted:

They are all over the place, I think they get parted out to be upgraded with billet wheels. I am not sure on shipping price.

If I PM you my details can you do a shipping estimate? :)

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If I PM you my details can you do a shipping estimate? :)

Sure.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

So we did about 5 hours of shop labor to help a struggling auto repair shop in our complex. We just wanted lunch Friday as payment.

We received a single medium pizza today. Welp, go out of business then next time you need stuff repaired.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

ultimateforce posted:

So we did about 5 hours of shop labor to help a struggling auto repair shop in our complex. We just wanted lunch Friday as payment.

We received a single medium pizza today. Welp, go out of business then next time you need stuff repaired.

Toppings?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No toppings, no cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)