Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Read
Dec 21, 2010

andrew smash posted:

Is there a way to assign another item to right click diablo II style? Switching items quickly during a fight is hard.

I personally hate using this, because I'm so used to grabbing items out of my inventory to use, but if you turn on the pause when inventory is open feature you can change stuff around mid-fight easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

dijon du jour posted:

Dualwielding and the ability to change the time at will are the two things that Red really needs to steal from the Red Cloud mod.
Was it basically this Tconfig mod? http://neverenoughmods.wikia.com/wiki/Mod:Mainslot-0

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I wish mushrooms weren't so loving deadly. You can be as vigilant as you like, but eventually one of them will insinuate its way into your inventory, ensuring that when you desperately mash the potion key your death is preceded by that lovely little *crunch* sound effect. Then a mourning wood kills all your NPCs when you respawn, because gently caress you.

I think I'm just gonna put my potions in the first action bar slot from now on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I keep my potions on my action bar for exactly that reason.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The auto-potion button uses the first potion in your inventory, from top-left to bottom-right. Just keep potions in the top-left so that doesn't happen.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RatHat posted:

The auto-potion button uses the first potion in your inventory, from top-left to bottom-right. Just keep potions in the top-left so that doesn't happen.
But that's ugly, I wanna keep my potions in the bottom-left :(

Really it should just rank them in order of power and use the strongest one available. If the player wants to use a potion, it's fairly safe to assume that they want to chug the strongest one they have. Mushrooms have screwed me more times than I can count because of the way I sort my inventory (I keep "secondary equipment" under the appropriate number, so primary weapons under 1, explosive digging tools under 2, axes and hammers under 3, and secondary weapons under 4).

KoB
May 1, 2009
Pickups appear in the bottom right, so I just always keep potions/accessories along the left side.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

RatHat posted:

Yeah but mushrooms go into your action bar automatically, which is higher than your inventory for the purposes of auto potion. Putting your potions in your action bar solves the problem, but it also kind of makes the auto potion button redundant, while also robbing you of a slot you could use for something else.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you have an action bar slot open, any item you pick up that's possible will go there.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Purposely pick up a mushroom, put it very last in your inventory :)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

dijon du jour posted:

Dual wielding and the ability to change the time at will are the two things that Red really needs to steal from the Red Cloud mod.

The first one times 100 and the second as well would be nice. It just seems bloody stupid to have RMB do gently caress all.

I tried that one back during 1.1 - couldn't get it to work, but I concede that that is probably due to me being thick.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I would kill to be able to shift + click things into/out of chests.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can! It just goes into the trash bin instead of in your inventory/chest. :v:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

RatHat posted:

You can! It just goes into the trash bin instead of in your inventory/chest. :v:

Ask me about deleting all my money. More than once.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

mr. mephistopheles posted:

How the hell do you have full Titanium armor and those are your best weapons?

I have barely gotten enough Titanium to make a drill and I have like 5 or 6 way better weapons.

Because I like guns and the Wall of Flesh hasn't wanted to drop the Clockwork Rifle! I've got a Mythril Repeater, a Breaker Blade and a Phasesaber too, but I mostly use my Phoenix Blaster and Golden Shower. It may be a pre-hardmode gun, but it still let me kill the Twins with a ton of ichor bullets.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Go for one of the Chlorophyte armor upgrades. Kill that fucker Plantera.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I like guns and the Wall of Flesh hasn't wanted to drop the Clockwork Rifle! I've got a Mythril Repeater, a Breaker Blade and a Phasesaber too, but I mostly use my Phoenix Blaster and Golden Shower. It may be a pre-hardmode gun, but it still let me kill the Twins with a ton of ichor bullets.

Since you can kill the twins you probably have a bunch of Souls of Might from the Destroyer. Use those to make a Megashark, it's pretty amazing and also saves on ammo.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

SirSamVimes posted:

Because I like guns and the Wall of Flesh hasn't wanted to drop the Clockwork Rifle!
Me too. I just went straight from a Phoenix Blaster to a Megashark after a random destroyer spawn, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nthing making a Megashark. drat thing's the best gun in the game, hands down.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Leper Colon V posted:

Nthing making a Megashark. drat thing's the best gun in the game, hands down.

I'd have to make a stack of 3000 ichor bullets though. :v:

And yeah, I'm currently farming Chlorophyte. I'm not going to make the armour until I've killed all three of the mechanical bosses wearing Titanium though, as a matter of stubborness. All that's left is Skelly, and I'm sure that if I could get the Twins, I can get him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or just use the Golden Shower for long enough to apply the debuff, then switch to your Megashark. :shrug:

I've been using that strategy with Meteor Bullets because I still have way too much Meteorite, and it's worked pretty well.

Or make a crystal farm, make crystal shot. Or just buy Silver bullets. ...the point is, you have options.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Megashark was never the best (star cannon always was) and now tactical shotgun and candy corn rifle make it pretty pointless once you have them. And chlorophyte shotbow + holy arrows fills the gap between Destroyer and Plantera better than the megashark, especially if you factor in an archery potion and/or magic quiver.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

Megashark was never the best (star cannon always was) and now tactical shotgun and candy corn rifle make it pretty pointless once you have them. And chlorophyte shotbow + holy arrows fills the gap between Destroyer and Plantera better than the megashark, especially if you factor in an archery potion and/or magic quiver.
Star Cannon doesn't count. :colbert:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Considering it's literally impossible to get the tactical shotgun without beating Plantera, I don't think that helps.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dis astranagant posted:

This guy just entered hardmode dude, he doesn't even have access to the dungeon yet(and even if he did, the shotgun is a rare drop).

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RatHat posted:

This guy just entered hardmode dude, he doesn't even have access to the dungeon yet(and even if he did, the shotgun is a rare drop).

Chlorophyte shotbow sure isn't!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
But it needs a hallowed pick which means he'll have to wreck hardmode bosses anyway.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

But it needs a hallowed pick which means he'll have to wreck hardmode bosses anyway.

And you don't for a megashark?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Leper Colon V posted:

Or just use the Golden Shower for long enough to apply the debuff, then switch to your Megashark. :shrug:

I've been using that strategy with Meteor Bullets because I still have way too much Meteorite, and it's worked pretty well.

Or make a crystal farm, make crystal shot. Or just buy Silver bullets. ...the point is, you have options.

It's not just the debuff, it's also the fact that they deal huge damage.

I suppose I should start using the special bullets made from the empty bullets the Gunsmith sells at some point.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Party bullets should be your default too lazy to hunt mats for better ones bullets. 10 base damage and they're actually cheaper than musket balls. Venom bullets hit even harder but cost almost 5 times as much. A few stacks of chlorophyte bullets will make you lazy but they're just so good. Crystal bullets are still probably your best dps after you piss on things, though.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
A while back someone linked a world generator that forced pyramids and I think removed restrictions on types of ore - does anyone have the link to that?

edit: nevermind, its in the OP!

edit2: oh, its broken :(

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 2, 2013

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
As a sort of workaround you could just generate worlds and look at them in MoreTerra to check if they have pyramids.
Not sure about the ores though. TEdit could allow you to paint in any ore you want. If you're insane that is.

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 2, 2013

whiskas
May 30, 2005
What the gently caress is this thing? And how do I get rid of it?

I can't destroy it, pwn hammer, drill, sword, NOTHING will remove this thing. I can't walk through it and it's in the middle of my house loving up my feng shui.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

whiskas posted:

What the gently caress is this thing? And how do I get rid of it?

I can't destroy it, pwn hammer, drill, sword, NOTHING will remove this thing. I can't walk through it and it's in the middle of my house loving up my feng shui.

That's the lock from a Jungle Dungeon door which you can't open without beating Plantera, a Hardmode Jungle boss.

What it's doing there, I have no idea.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If this is a multiplayer world, you really pissed someone off.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
So is the drop for Wisp in a bottle bugged or something? Because I have killed hundreds of those armored bones and have dozens of keybrands, bone feathers, and magnet spheres but no Wisps.
Between that and the fact that there's only a small section of my dungeon that has the wall that spawns Diabolists: I'm seriously considering just cheating and giving myself the Wisp and Inferno Fork.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

dijon du jour posted:

So is the drop for Wisp in a bottle bugged or something? Because I have killed hundreds of those armored bones and have dozens of keybrands, bone feathers, and magnet spheres but no Wisps.
Between that and the fact that there's only a small section of my dungeon that has the wall that spawns Diabolists: I'm seriously considering just cheating and giving myself the Wisp and Inferno Fork.

No, I don't think so. I just spawned a bunch on my tshock server and got it to drop. You need Blue Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, or Rusty Armored Bones.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Raising the maximum minion limit to 100 is a lot of fun.

dijon du jour posted:

I spawned in 1000~ each Hell/Blue/Rusty Armored Bones and I didn't get any Wisp in a Bottle drops at all on my local game using Terramod. Maybe it's a single player bug?

e: k nvm I finally got it, took like 5000 kills.

Read fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 2, 2013

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Sometimes Terraria has no sense of proportion. I was messing around, I'm in Cobalt armor, just doing organizing in my house. The sun rises.

A pirate invasion is approaching from the west!
A solar eclipse is happening!

... God damnit. So I run out of my house, two NPCs died before I got out of range, and skedaddle to my arena I built just that day that allowed me to stand above the floor on a platform and stab below with my Mushroom Spear. Stab stab stab, all day long. Got a broken blade, some banners, and this creepy springy eye pet. Night falls, the eclipse stops, and I go to fight the pirates who have thankfully just been waiting I guess. Fight them, taking tons of damage, trying to find a place to get out of LOS of the ranged enemies. Die, heal, run, lose two more NPCs. Fight all through the night. The sun rises.

A solar eclipse is happening!

Fuuuuuuuuck. Skedaddle back to my arena, repeat the previous day. Stab stab stab. Got another eye pet, another broken blade, and a Reaper Scythe that is so, so good. Finish off the day, run back, finish off the pirates finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking for advice on how to kill the Twins. I just finished crafting an Ankh Charm (used TEdit to convert 3 of the 4 extra Fast Clocks I had to the items I was missing because I've spent the past 12 game hours grinding for nothing), I've got Turtle Armor, the Cutlass from the pirate invasion and the piss book, and my other accessories are the mana flower, spectra boots, jungle wings & a horseshoe. Should I be looking at anything else, weapon or armor wise to get the job done?

edit: also what is the best 'status' or whatever to forge the Ankh Charm to?

• Locked thread