Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Quick Paz, eat it before Kat can say otherwise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

VanSandman posted:

Kat is officially Queen of the Goon Squad. I'm just glad she didn't say mi'lady.

She did get a "ma~dame" out, though.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

VanSandman posted:

Kat is officially Queen of the Goon Squad. I'm just glad she didn't say mi'lady.

That's bad? That explains a lot.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Please, have a seat, ~*madame*~ *guides girlfriend onto a stool by the rear end*

Really eager to see how Paz reacts to seeing this lukewarm piece of not-meat twitching on a platter

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Rasamune posted:

Please, have a seat, ~*madame*~ *guides girlfriend onto a stool by the rear end*

Really eager to see how Paz reacts to seeing this lukewarm piece of not-meat twitching on a platter

Though I guess it wouldn't be too surprising if Paz's family ate things that were completely foreign to Kat's English palate. Maybe. I'm not actually sure where either of them were born or what they ate.

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance
They are from Spain, from Galecia to be specific.

Man I love Kat. She's so adorkable. I knew this was going to be a romantic Bunsen burner date. I'm really curious how this will answer 100% how Paz feels about her. Maybe she has "You're the Inspiration" on her MP3 player to play while she make the muscles twitch and tells Paz how she feels? :p

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

FezCactus posted:

Man I love Kat. She's so adorkable. I knew this was going to be a romantic Bunsen burner date. I'm really curious how this will answer 100% how Paz feels about her. Maybe she has "You're the Inspiration" on her MP3 player to play while she make the muscles twitch and tells Paz how she feels? :p

Say what you will about Paradox games but the fact that I knew exactly where Galecia is is a testament to how much European geography you learn playing those games.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Soylentbits posted:

Though I guess it wouldn't be too surprising if Paz's family ate things that were completely foreign to Kat's English palate. Maybe. I'm not actually sure where either of them were born or what they ate.

Kat's half-Scottish, so write your own haggis joke here, I guess.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

FezCactus posted:

Which means that Paz might eat lamprey! That could be fun. I mean it has to look better than bunson burner slime.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
You know a mad scientist likes you when they invite you to their garage and show you the fruits of their most important top-secret Frankensteinian project.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

VanSandman posted:

The coronation ceremony involves Kat going into Paz's room and getting horrified at some panties on her bed.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Say what you will about Paradox games but the fact that I knew exactly where Galecia is is a testament to how much European geography you learn playing those games.

I knew I wasn't the only one.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Level Slide posted:

The coronation ceremony involves Kat going into Paz's room and getting horrified at some panties on her bed.

Ugh I got dragged into reading some of these and now I need a shower.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So that little drumstick thing is totally the idea Kat got back when Paz was helping her with City Face, right?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The secret to mechanical ascension lies within this crispy KFC

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
I just realized what Kat is doing.

So she's set up what she sees as a romantic scenario. It's got all the trappings of a candlelight dinner that she's seen in movies and heard about from her parents. It's not dinner though because she doesn't have non-romantic dinners with Paz and the important thing here is to be scientific and have a control. So she's taking what they normally do together, science, and changing one variable. If Paz does enjoys it more than regular science then Kat will know that it's because of the romance and not any of the other factors that she's already controlled for.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Really Pants posted:

So that little drumstick thing is totally the idea Kat got back when Paz was helping her with City Face, right?

That's what I think it is. Maybe Paz inspired Kat to do something with those awesome protein crystals that she formed forever ago. And we'll get a :3: explanation about how Kat couldn't figure out how to use her inventions to help people until she met Paz.

Or Paz will think that lab created life is a step too far and Tom is toying with us.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I think lab-created life is a bit of a stretch. As far as we know Kat's been working on trying to puzzle out Diego's old designs which worked like musculature but were still clearly robotic. I suppose Paz could freak out and accuse Kat of playing Dr. Frankenstein, but that would seem like a rather forced plot point. "Here is a thing made entirely of metal and wires that roughly simulates the mechanical workings of living creatures" "You're playing God! Back you foul beast!" ... doesn't quite work. :shrug:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Heavy Zed posted:

If Paz does enjoys it more than regular science then Kat will know that it's because of the romance and not any of the other factors that she's already controlled for.

You think Kat is going to constantly stare at Paz, asking "How do you feel?" while jotting notations down for breathing rates and pupil dialation.

Love is science. Science is love. :science:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

Razorwired posted:

That's what I think it is. Maybe Paz inspired Kat to do something with those awesome protein crystals that she formed forever ago. And we'll get a :3: explanation about how Kat couldn't figure out how to use her inventions to help people until she met Paz.

That'd be sort of a dishonest thing for Kat to say seeing as she rescued Annie with the antigravity generator

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Really Pants posted:

That's what I was figuring. And since Paz seems to work in the Court biology department, Kat wants to get her feedback on the wing and how close it is to the real thing.

Maybe Kat is creating robo-prosthesis for injured little birds?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

BobTheJanitor posted:

I suppose Paz could freak out and accuse Kat of playing Dr. Frankenstein, but that would seem like a rather forced plot point. "Here is a thing made entirely of metal and wires that roughly simulates the mechanical workings of living creatures" "You're playing God! Back you foul beast!" ... doesn't quite work. :shrug:

This... this is wrong! This is not natural!

*picks up the cyber chicken wing with her bare hands and starts playing with it* The flexion between the humerus and the ulna is totally off; it does not move naturally at all. An impressive first try, though :shobon:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rincewind posted:

Kat's half-Scottish, so write your own haggis joke here, I guess.

Haggis is delicious.

Also, in Scotland you are let into the wild when you are 9 years old and if you don't kill a haggis by the next full moon using only a stone knife you are exiled from the country.

And that, children, is where the English come from.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Wa11y posted:

That's what I was figuring. And since Paz seems to work in the Court biology department, Kat wants to get her feedback on the wing and how close it is to the real thing.

Maybe Kat is creating robo-prosthesis for injured little birds?

I think it's a proof of concept, mostly. She was having trouble with her robotics projects until she found City Face peeping up a storm outside her workshop, and when she took him to Paz she had a Flash Of Inspiration.

I think her ultimate goal is a better body for Robot in particular but if this were a real thing that existed and you could do reliably, it would revolutionize the gently caress out of robotics.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

And now, on Goonerkrigg Court.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

ymgve posted:

Noo, don't show off your Frankenstein side on the first date!

♫♪ I made this half-robot, half-pigeon monster to please you
But I get the feeling that you don't like it
What's with all the screaming?!
You like robots, you like pigeons
Maybe you don't like monsters so much
Maybe I used too many pigeons
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pigeon
making a gift for yooooooooouu? ♫♪

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dodgeball posted:

Not sure if :allears: or :3: is the right emote here.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dodgeball posted:

hahahahaha

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Dodgeball posted:

Way too fantastic.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kat is the smoothest teenage mad scientist :kimchi:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I'm not sure how much more of this adorkable I can take. :3:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Wyld Karde posted:

I'm not sure how much more of this adorkable I can take. :3:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kat's Seductive Science Techniques (patented)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That girl's been watching entirely too much anime.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
This is too :3:

I wonder what the control for this experiment is going to be.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Kat. Kat what are you doing?

This research is all very fascinating, but I'm not sure that giving your girlfriend the impression that this stuff is romantic for you is a good idea :v:

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Welp, looks like it's finally time to get an avatar.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kat why, what. Kat. Stop!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I see, Kat has constructed a ROMANTIC WOOING DEVICE.

God only knows to where it provides transit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It provides transit to plot I hope.