Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

LightningKimba posted:

Didn't someone run calcs how Leaf Storm Serperior isn't the god people make it out to be? ... In fact its only other coverage moves are Hidden Power and Dragon Pulse.

Well, Dragon Pulse is decent neutral coverage, while Hidden Power can handle any Steel types that try and come in.

You never know, they might give Serperior some other good moves to use with it (Superpower :getin:) this generation, we don't actually have access to the Pokemon yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LightningKimba posted:

Didn't someone run calcs how Leaf Storm Serperior isn't the god people make it out to be? ... In fact its only other coverage moves are Hidden Power and Dragon Pulse.

In that case it could still run SubSeed, with the added benefit of hitting like a truck. I'm hyperbolizing on how good it is but it is definitely pretty good.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Let's try to think of some Z "improvements" that would probably cause deaths worldwide:

- Physical version of hidden power

- 300BP nature changer that changes current nature to a random new one (game save on use)

- 1000BP hidden ability changer

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Serperior can't get Dragon Pulse in X/Y so it wouldn't even have that.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nerdz posted:

- 1000BP hidden ability changer

See I would probably use this one actually...

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I had my first taste of Battle Institute bullshit last night. "Banned mewtwo? Oh, ok cool." I said. Then I hit match 4, with it's custom tailored "Ha ha, we're all legendaries with anti-your team movesets". Add a dash of sleep spore only ever lasting 1 turn, and I got absolutely rolled that match. I won 5 by the skin of my teeth, but still...some serious bullshit with banning MY legendaries and letting theirs in.

Neutron Bandit
Apr 28, 2008

Quick question: Is dragon gem in X and Y? I can't find information on it anywhere.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Talmonis posted:

I had my first taste of Battle Institute bullshit last night. "Banned mewtwo? Oh, ok cool." I said. Then I hit match 4, with it's custom tailored "Ha ha, we're all legendaries with anti-your team movesets". Add a dash of sleep spore only ever lasting 1 turn, and I got absolutely rolled that match. I won 5 by the skin of my teeth, but still...some serious bullshit with banning MY legendaries and letting theirs in.

Granted, all the legendaries they had you could have entered... if we had access to them that is.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Neutron Bandit posted:

Quick question: Is dragon gem in X and Y? I can't find information on it anywhere.
The gems are present in the game code (there's a Fairy Gem and everything) but but nobody knows how to access any of them except for one Normal Gem.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Talmonis posted:

I won 5 by the skin of my teeth, but still...some serious bullshit with banning MY legendaries and letting theirs in.

It's only cover legendaries, event legendaries, and Mewtwo that are banned. All of the trios and random riff-raff legendaries are fair game.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Aurain posted:

E: The missing Mega Evo icon is missing because it didn't mega evolve, it was found in its mega form via the RAM exploits Smealum is using. No idea why there's no shadow.

Serebii believes they're real though, which gives them some credibility because he seems to know more than he lets on.

There is a shadow, it's just hard to notice in the screenshot. I lazily MS Paint Circled it. Compare to the screenshots of Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion, where the shadows are kind of slanted towards the right as well. Could just be the time of day when the pics were taken or something with the particular area.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Starsnostars posted:

Serperior can't get Dragon Pulse in X/Y so it wouldn't even have that.

Unless, of course, it becomes an egg move for Serperior.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Probably it willg et that back next time move tutors are in. Not like it would really help, it would only provide coverage against Dragons and nothing else, Dragon moves without STAB aren't very good.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Can you guys just... please spoiler the spoilery things :negative:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

noirstronaut posted:

Can you guys just... please spoiler the spoilery things :negative:

I'm not sure I'd even consider these things spoilers. It's not like it's something you're going to wander across in-game naturally. It is, almost without question, going to be DLC or events and you will 100% know for certain what you're getting in to with those in advance. The only "surprise" is that they exist at all, and it is only a spoiler in that the reveal is happening before Nintendo releases whatever event will broadcast their existence to everybody.

Edit: I mean, I guess I get not wanting to know about a new thing but these are new things you'll be told about point-blank when they're officially released and not something tucked away and hidden in any regard. If it was poo poo like "oh hey they found Farfetch'd gets a new, honest-to-god evolution that you can get normally in game by leveling up Farfetch'd while eating roast duck with leek!" then maybe?

RyuujinBlueZ fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 1, 2013

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

qnqnx posted:

Probably it willg et that back next time move tutors are in. Not like it would really help, it would only provide coverage against Dragons and nothing else, Dragon moves without STAB aren't very good.

They are also unresisted except by steel and fairy. With boosts from leaf storm Dragon Pulse is an excellent move for Serperior.

Contrary Serperior isn't game breaking but its an improvement on regular Serperior.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You can take multiple Skiddos out of the ranch at once. I have barricaded the stairs on Route 12 with the most adorable roadblock. :3:

edit: also I've only got one more horde pokemon to catch and that's it for hordes. Admittedly a lot of those have been giving up after five minutes and chucking another Spiritomb up on the GTS.

edit 2: and done. Spiritomb is a wonderful thing. Now to evolve all these fuckers.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 1, 2013

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
It's actually been kind of really nice to have a clean break, and it'd be nice to be able to continue that and have the option of no-pokebox-only mons/moves as a filter. Like not worrying about Heatran has been really nice, as just one example.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Wait, I haven't been reading this thread much lately. Someone discovered new Mega Evolutions? Fill me in please.

Diplomatic Immunity
Apr 12, 2006
The King
So I've beat the game and now I'm trying to put together my own little Avengers initiative. I'll save the IVs for future shenanigans, right now I'm just gonna select from pokes I like with good moves and natures. THERE'S SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM! Sorry, got a bit loud there lol. Skipping Gen V has me sitting here looking at everything like a brand new toy on Christmas.

tl;dr - Beaten the game, now I might just make evolve a bunch of Eevees for shits and giggles. Never took the time to do that before.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Diplomatic Immunity posted:

So I've beat the game and now I'm trying to put together my own little Avengers initiative. I'll save the IVs for future shenanigans, right now I'm just gonna select from pokes I like with good moves and natures. THERE'S SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM! Sorry, got a bit loud there lol. Skipping Gen V has me sitting here looking at everything like a brand new toy on Christmas.

tl;dr - Beaten the game, now I might just make evolve a bunch of Eevees for shits and giggles. Never took the time to do that before.

It's more accessible than ever! Wild Eevees is the best drat thing.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I was searching for Zapdos in Route 5 when all of a sudden I come across this little bugger:

It's got a crummy nature (Gentle iirc), but I'm sorely tempted to use him! Any suggestions for a good Scrafty set?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I end up doing that every generation. I've got a lot of Eeveelution collections now. :3:

Didn't know how pretty the sundial got at 8 PM. It's really nice.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I actually caught a shiny Ditto, but unfortunately it doesn't turn into the shiny versions of transformed pokemon... I'm fairly certain it used to do that. So the change is strange. But I did figure out that regular Ditto can transform into shiny versions of pokemon. But then again it's a shiny Ditto.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Welp finished my playthrough of Y version.
Traded over a Pinsir with Pinsirite and a Petilil from X because i really wanted to see how Mega Pinsir does in the main game.
Answer: pretty goddamn well.
Flying-type Thrash and Return is so good.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh my, Scraggy keeps having to pull up his trousers in battle. :kimchi:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Wow... Breeding a 5IV Togepi was much, much easier than I thought it would be. I had a HP/Def/Spe and HP/SpA/Spe pair (with Nasty Plot), used the usual Everstone + Destiny Knot and somehow managed to hatch a Timid baby within two parties of eggs that had HP/Def/SpA/Spe passed down and randomly rolled a 31 in SpD with Serene Grace and Nasty Plot :getin:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

So my Greninja has Dragon Hidden Power and I can't decide if it's better or worse than Extrasensory on him. Dragon only beats Dragon, and I have Ice Beam for that, but Dragon also has a ton of resistances I could take advantage of with Protean to keep Greninja in play. But on the other hand, Greninja isn't going to be benefitting from taking defensive maneuvers THAT heavily anyway. Extrasensory will let me hit a lot more super-effectively, but on the other hand Dragon would let me hit just about everything in the game with at least normal effectiveness. Hmm, hmm.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I've hatched 512 froakies. Someone shoot me. :negative:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

canoshiz posted:

Wow... Breeding a 5IV Togepi was much, much easier than I thought it would be. I had a HP/Def/Spe and HP/SpA/Spe pair (with Nasty Plot), used the usual Everstone + Destiny Knot and somehow managed to hatch a Timid baby within two parties of eggs that had HP/Def/SpA/Spe passed down and randomly rolled a 31 in SpD with Serene Grace and Nasty Plot :getin:
Togepi is a baby right? That means it gets 3 31 IVs by default, doesn't it?

It occurs to me that if I wanted to breed an awesome Crobat it'd be better to just catch and breed Togepis/Togetics/Togekisses until I have a male one with 5-6 IVs and then cross-breed that with a Zubat.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Nakar posted:

Only if you catch it in the wild.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

McDragon posted:

Oh my, Scraggy keeps having to pull up his trousers in battle. :kimchi:

Scraggy/Scrafty are both pretty adorable. Scraggy a bit moreso.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Nakar posted:

It occurs to me that if I wanted to breed an awesome Crobat it'd be better to just catch and breed Togepis/Togetics/Togekisses until I have a male one with 5-6 IVs and then cross-breed that with a Zubat.

I think only Togepis found in the Safari have a guarranteed 3 IV, because some of the offspring of the Togepis that I bread with a trash Plusle to get Nasty plot only had 1 IV.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

I've hatched 512 froakies. Someone shoot me. :negative:

Does it track that number somewhere? I haven't been keeping count in my operations :ohdear:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
For the Friend Safari, they only have to have been online at the same time as you for the Hidden abilities to appear, right? I also read that they have to be online every time, so I dunno which is right.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

For the Friend Safari, they only have to have been online at the same time as you for the Hidden abilities to appear, right? I also read that they have to be online every time, so I dunno which is right.

Definitely isn't every time.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Emong posted:

Definitely isn't every time.

Perfect, thank you. Now I need to start contacting and adding people in earnest on the Google Documents list.

Edit: In the Pokedex, how do you see a Pokemon's animations?

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 1, 2013

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Emong posted:

Only if you catch it in the wild.
Obviously. I just meant if I have them in a Friend Safari I can catch them and they'll have not 2, but 3 perfect IVs each, because they're considered wild unbreedables.

But they're a friendship evolve, like Riolu, so I guess I better catch the females in Luxury Balls.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, finally caught a Dedenne. Who had the stupid idea to put it only in the shortest, shittest route in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

deadly_pudding posted:

Does it track that number somewhere? I haven't been keeping count in my operations :ohdear:

Not that I know of. I've just been counting boxes.

• Locked thread