Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Also possible is that they happen to have a level 15 Hood and then sold off all their other hero covers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
That red X-Force Wolverine at 1500 Dark Avengers points is taunting me. I got up to around 1050 points this evening but there's a severe case of diminishing returns on matches at this point. Particularly since I have a full-time job, I think I'm going to just dream of getting that red skill to go along with my lucky yellow and green pulls from before. On the plus side, Ragnarok's impressively destructive in his own right.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Yeah, because of the way points are lost when attacked, 1500 points is basically impossible in a thousand-player bracket, except perhaps by player collusion (which is also basically impossible). Once you get ~200 points above the main herd of players in the bracket, you'll only gain a pittance for winning, but lose 30-50 points per loss. I'd like to think Demiurge just didn't run the math on their point model, but more likely they just leave those impossible goals hanging out to encourage whales to blow money on health packs.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think I could get to like these Lightning Rounds. It's like the mad scramble at the end of a tournament but without all the preceding bullshit.

Coming top 8 may have helped endear it to me of course. Thor is just unfair with level five red. He needs 6 to activate. So it occurred to me to use the stockpile bonus thing. One match and bam, 750 damage right there. Match a few yellows, pow, another 1500. Then punch Red Hood in the face. Goodness he was just dead weight in this.

Just gotta watch out for Classic Storm and that passive.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Eat it Maggia. :getin: Their yellow countdowns arent a worry at all. All they do is spawn strike tiles. You dont want them getting a blue countdown off though. That's where Storm can blast at random with green, or Magneto can try wreck it with blue or match up with purple power, or Black Widow can directly shoot it out.

They never had a chance.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 1, 2013

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

drat, that's a lot of fists. Level 5 Hail Storm x2?
I've been meaning to level my Modern Storm, but she kind of got sidelined by Classic Storm. I can definitely see the appeal though, if you can fill the board then the enemy minions can't really do anything, plus the damage adds up fast.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Is there some kind of trick to what terrain you fight on or is it totally random? It feels like I get the black strike tile terrain when I put Black Widow in but I could just be imagining it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Depends on the map location you take, i.e. the lower left slot is always city, the one above it is always jungle, topmost is lab, etc.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I just logged in to the new lightning round exactly when it opened, and every one of my potential match ups already has over 100 points. The event literally started 30 seconds before I opened it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My Wolverine Astonishing is currently 5 Feral/3 Slash/2 Healing. Should he end up 5/5/3 or 5/3/5? Leaning towards the latter.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I have spent my coins on cover space but now I have filled out and canīt afford the next one yet.

Anything that I should sell? I am thinking Hawk classic or Juggernaut.

BW modern, 1/4
IM mod 35 2/3/2
Storm modern 1/2/1
Thor marvel NOW 1/1/-
Bullseye -/1
Cap modern -/1/-
Daken -/1
Storm classic -/-/1
Wolverine Astonishing -/1/-
Hawkeye Classic -/1
Juggernaut classic -/1
Venom 1/-

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hawkeye Classic and Juggernaut are always safe sells. Most of the others are worth at least exploring. You'll get tons of covers for the 1* chars (Storm Modern, Widow Modern, Iron Man) and they'll be good role players for you over time; hope for Storm Classic and Thor covers to round them out and level them.

SynthOrange posted:

Eat it Maggia. :getin: Their yellow countdowns arent a worry at all. All they do is spawn strike tiles. You dont want them getting a blue countdown off though. That's where Storm can blast at random with green, or Magneto can try wreck it with blue or match up with purple power, or Black Widow can directly shoot it out.

They never had a chance.

Hah, I was staring at that wondering "How'd he not have to use Spider-Man?" and then realized that's not the LVL 150 Maggia level.

About an hour left on that particular spiked treadmill and then new Unstable missions should be up.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And they're up. Again, very generous with the points; it should let many of us reach progression rewards we didn't think we'd get. (Just got the 2K Spidey Yellow).

The repeatable? Ragnarok 97, Moonstone 85, Commander 120 for 8 Red ISOs.

:stare:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I loving love this game, verily. :allears:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just got top 50 in another lightning round and collected two Heroic tokens.

Bag-Man Purple and Bag-Man Yellow.

My purple is already maxed. :allears:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

delfin posted:

Just got top 50 in another lightning round and collected two Heroic tokens.

Bag-Man Purple and Bag-Man Yellow.

My purple is already maxed. :allears:

Who did you use to get that rank?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Mostly Thor and Storm Classic. It's not so much about having the perfect team as it is going hard, fast and for the right targets (picking out patsies at first and then mid-range guys near the end who are worth more points). Though having Doom get hit and Storm blast the other team doesn't hurt...

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

delfin posted:

Mostly Thor and Storm Classic. It's not so much about having the perfect team as it is going hard, fast and for the right targets (picking out patsies at first and then mid-range guys near the end who are worth more points). Though having Doom get hit and Storm blast the other team doesn't hurt...

That's what I'm trying to do, but no dice. After the first few minutes the newbies disappear and I have to skip twenty lvl 80 Terminator teams to get a reasonable opponent. I suppose I could take on those guys with my lvl 46 Storm Classic and lvl 45 Thor, but I'd probably have to burn through my boosts and heals.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's almost precisely the team I'm using (my Storm is mid 40s and Thor around 55 or so). Skipping and picking your battles is, of course, completely necessary early and often.

Remember, you don't have to BEAT the L90 guys to move ahead of them on the scoreboard. You just have to beat more of the ones you can handle.

Also, hey! New weekend tournament, this one with Venom required.

EDIT: Cap and Black Widow are buffed, so be ready for Alice in Bullshitland where Widow's criticals are concerned.

delfin fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 1, 2013

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Finally, my decision to level venom to 25 is justified :getin:

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I'm using Magneto (Now) level 42 5 blue 4 purple 4 red, Classic Storm level 54 2 green 5 blue 3 yellow. that with anyone else will murder anything the game has thrown at me. grab up some purples, use magnetos ability to make blues. use storms blue aoe.

You don't want to face this team trust me.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Anyone else just download an update?

Restarted my game to make better cover/ coin/space decisions, and add the correct fake facebook account with 50 mpq dudes. I love starting the game to free iso and covers. :allears:

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

I wonder if they'll scale back the FB reward sharing. I wasn't able to play yesterday and when I fired it up this morning it took me 3 minutes to go through all the 'Special Delivery!' messages.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="421202936"]
I wonder if they'll scale back the FB reward sharing. I wasn't able to play yesterday and when I fired it up this morning it took me 3 minutes to go through all the 'Special Delivery!' messages.

More than you would have got in three minutes of playing.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Fallorn posted:

More than you would have got in three minutes of playing.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering if they'll start capping it since at this point having a lot of active friends gives you a big levelling advantage.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I probably missed it, it did we ever determine why certain characters are always assigned to attack before other teammates? For example, my Yelena will always be assigned all colors except green over Venom and Daken, and Daken doesn't get ANY colors assigned over either of them. It's nice that we can target enemies' teammates at whim, but why can't we control who is attacking on our own team?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's by damage. You're probably doing the Dark Avengers event, where she's got a 200% buff to all her abilities, including the attacks, right? Her attacks are way more powerful than anyone else's, so she's got priority.

Also this Venom event... I may have to bust out Bag man, try find another team with Venom and Spidey and try... EATING A TEAM. :getin:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gallow posted:

I probably missed it, it did we ever determine why certain characters are always assigned to attack before other teammates? For example, my Yelena will always be assigned all colors except green over Venom and Daken, and Daken doesn't get ANY colors assigned over either of them. It's nice that we can target enemies' teammates at whim, but why can't we control who is attacking on our own team?

It takes the highest damage from your team. Your Yelena does more damage with every color other than green.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I thought that was the case. What I didn't realize was that the multiplier was factoring into the equation, putting the weaklings like Yelena and Moonstone out front. It sucks that I have a guy that just sits there regenerating health and making me wait through a bunch of stupid effect animations but can't actually DO anything until the rest of the team wipes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It also makes a Yelena crit the worst thing to happen to the recipient. Down you goooooo!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Yeah, hitting someone for over 700 damage is awesome. Too bad she only has ten turns to live.:negative:

Throwing on a bunch of boosts and rolling into Red ISO land to destroy an impossible mission in four turns helps ease that pain, though.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The other wrinkle with attack order is that if you match environment tiles first, whoever was in front stays in front.

I used this heavily in the Bullseye/Daken/L150 Maggia Muscle mission yesterday. Spider-Man's only attack color was purple, so I spent the first few turns matching nothing but purple or environment so that Spider-Man would get shoved out in the open like a hat-on-a-stick. "Nice to have you in town, Spidey" *THWAM* followed by a Storm Tempest.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, I thought environment tiles shove the team leader out in front. I should check that out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="421202936"]

I've been ignoring the Facebook thing all along but a pile of free levelling currency sounds nice. Added my unused game-linking spam account to it right now, is there anything else I have to do?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BGrifter posted:

I've been ignoring the Facebook thing all along but a pile of free levelling currency sounds nice. Added my unused game-linking spam account to it right now, is there anything else I have to do?

You should absolutely do it. Only one guy keeps showing up for me to share with (hope you like literally every shareable reward I get, Jeremy Condon), but apparently I show up on a lot of people's. I logged in and got 2.5k iso for free this evening, plus 2 common recruit tokens, a heroic recruit token, and a juggernaut cover (lol). It almost makes me feel guilty.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, I thought environment tiles shove the team leader out in front. I should check that out.

Tested it on an early level. Sent out Magneto Now (front man), Bullseye, Moonstone, matched purple to move Bullseye in front, then matched environment and Bullseye stayed in front.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm confused. Put Moonstone in front, matched environment and Bullseye went to the front -- but he's not the leader! It's not level, because Spider-Man was L20 against L45 - L55 and remained in front.

delfin fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 2, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

'Leader' being the guy in the center on the team selection page.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

BGrifter posted:

I've been resisting the whole Facebook thing too, but gently caress it. I made an account and added myself to the Google doc (which is here if anyone's looking for it like I was). I can always use more iso.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

At this point the game has changed from "man, I need new covers - time to dump ISO in the slot machine" to "man, every single character I have is 10 levels below cap because I have way more covers than ISO"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Added the spreadsheet link to the OP, signed myself on it.