Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Erebus posted:

I've been resisting the whole Facebook thing too, but gently caress it. I made an account and added myself to the Google doc (which is here if anyone's looking for it like I was). I can always use more iso.

Thanks for the tip. Added myself to the spreadsheet too. Since taking on a "don't sell anything, feed duplicates and keep crappy characters around for the inevitable event that requies them" policy I have way too many things to level and never enough ISOs. Freebies should help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
Hey my facebook page wasn't linking right so I've switched to one that does!

Re-add PopZeus' page on the spreadsheet if you already did!

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Hell yes. Thanks to the purple venom cover from the 250 point reward this event and the one I'll be getting when Dark Avengers ends soon I'll finally have my 5/4 venom.

Combined with my lucky rear end blue Spider-Man from the Red-ISO event, I can drop 5 web tiles all at once to eat a dude if I have 12 purple and 12 blue AP. With the right boosts I'll only need to match 6 AP of each of those colors to devour anything. Less so if I can somehow get more Spidey blue covers.

Unassuming little ol' one-star Venom is about to revolutionize everything. See you in hell, level 115 Ragnarok.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
This game ends up being hilariously bullshit at times. Just watched a defender match three which turned into a four match, which turned into five straight match five criticals wiping my whole team. :sigh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Great when you get a bullshit cascade, horrifying when it wipes you out.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Ugh I give up on the Dark Avengers event. I go up 10 points and get hit for 30 points. Gonna get lousy Bag Head Spiderman instead of Spidey.

And I played with someone who had Ragnarok's Thunderclap maxed out. It only needs 2 AP to activate and hits for 300+ damage. The entire match was me desperately matching every red I saw.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the only hope I had against Ragnarok in the questline was having Black Widow keep his rear end permanently stunned. If he broke out, I was toast. DAs dont have any easy stuns.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I, on the other hand, got what I wanted (Moonstone at 425 and Hero Points at 600) and am pecking away at remaining in the 51-100 bracket, since that's 50 more Hero Points. One two-point plink and 140/70 ISO at a time.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
poo poo, is there a way to switch FB accounts in this game so I can use a dummy account like the rest of you? I don't want to lose all this progress!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gallow posted:

poo poo, is there a way to switch FB accounts in this game so I can use a dummy account like the rest of you? I don't want to lose all this progress!

There's no easy way, unless you're okay with de-syncing a facebook account on your phone. There's a few goons using real accounts.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I'm using my real account, I don't mind adding people to it. I think I have like 60 people now playing, every morning I wake up to like 6k in ISO. Finding covers is not a problem anymore when I get 10 free pulls a day.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Normally the last half hour of an event would be a flurry of activity, but I've barely been attacked. Maybe everyone is trying to keep their score where it is to avoid Bag-Man.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

I, on the other hand, got what I wanted (Moonstone at 425 and Hero Points at 600) and am pecking away at remaining in the 51-100 bracket, since that's 50 more Hero Points. One two-point plink and 140/70 ISO at a time.

That was my exact plan for the dark avengers as well. I was pretty happy to get 100 hero point for a new slot.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really would have liked to get to 800 to get another point in Daken's passive, but whatever. I got hero points, that's always a plus.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

I really would have liked to get to 800 to get another point in Daken's passive, but whatever. I got hero points, that's always a plus.

Me too, I got a 4 purple skill daken. I just need 1 more to double his usefulness :sigh:

And I would like some yelena black skill. I have gotten 8 of her purple and only 1 black.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 2, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Nice. Managed to finish top ten in my bracket so I got all three Bag-Man skills I wanted. I'm guessing they'll give him some absurd damage bonus eventually in a Spider-Man related tournament so it's nice to have him handy after I vendored all the mission reward Bag-Man covers.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha ha, one of the new special recruit packs has a chance to get Spider-Man. Or Bag Man.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I rolled that one time and got Purple classic spidey!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BGrifter posted:

Nice. Managed to finish top ten in my bracket so I got all three Bag-Man skills I wanted. I'm guessing they'll give him some absurd damage bonus eventually in a Spider-Man related tournament so it's nice to have him handy after I vendored all the mission reward Bag-Man covers.

I got top 10 as well, so now I have a 2/3/2 bag man. He still sucks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I think Spider-man classic's purple skill is the worst skill in the entire game.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MeramJert posted:

I got top 10 as well, so now I have a 2/3/2 bag man. He still sucks

He's awful, but eventually we'll get an event where he gets a huge damage bonus and deals hundreds of damage on a normal match.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

MeramJert posted:

I think Spider-man classic's purple skill is the worst skill in the entire game.

Yes but it doesn't hurt anything to have it, and more than likely it will get some type of buff down the road.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah it seems rather likely we'll get some MMO-style balancing where the underpowered characters get buffed down the road. Vendor the lowly Bag-Man at your own peril.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Up to 4/3 on Venom, and I can't imagine how crazy how him plus a Max blue skill classic Spiderman would be.

Got a classic storm from the cheapo 500 iso cover draw, not bad. Thinking of dropping five dollars on gold coins for surface, the game is fun enough.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Alright, I'm on the list now. Please don't goatse my account.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Nice, I just got 2 standard recruitment tokens and got 2 red Astonishing X-Men Wolverines out of it!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, was lucky enough to pull a Classic Blue Magneto. Being able to place two blue tiles anywhere is pretty great. Looks like he costs a bomb to train though. :gonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got a classic red Magneto. He looks tubbier than his white suited self.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Okay, I just ate some guy's super 4k/5k+ Thor after which I mopped up the loose change when the enemy team killed my blue Spider-man right out the gate and I just shot for the moon for 20 purple AP to make the 5 web tiles to devour in a few moves with the appropriate boosts. I really REALLY recommend everyone make a 5 black 4 purple venom. It's a confirmed game changer even without web tile assistance from other characters.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Okay, I just ate some guy's super 4k/5k+ Thor after which I mopped up the loose change when the enemy team killed my blue Spider-man right out the gate and I just shot for the moon for 20 purple AP to make the 5 web tiles to devour in a few moves with the appropriate boosts. I really REALLY recommend everyone make a 5 black 4 purple venom. It's a confirmed game changer even without web tile assistance from other characters.

I've had a 5/4 Venom for a few days but have only pulled that off once. I did recently get the blue Spider Man bu I don't know if it's worth it yet to sub him in instead of my monster Classic Storm and Black Widow.

EDIT: HAHAHA I just ate last misson Ragnarok! Hefty boosts were needed, though.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Nov 2, 2013

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Gallow posted:

I've had a 5/4 Venom for a few days but have only pulled that off once. I did recently get the blue Spider Man bu I don't know if it's worth it yet to sub him in instead of my monster Classic Storm and Black Widow.

EDIT: HAHAHA I just ate last misson Ragnarok!

A 5/5/3 Spidey and a 5/4 Venom are terrifying together. I may never go back.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My Bag-Man is currently 5/2/3. I'm thinking 5/3/5 is his endgame build.

I have gotten far, far too many Bag-Men.

Other builds in progress are my 4/4/3 Thor, going to 5/5/3 (so that with two AP boosts, I can OPEN with Mjolnir's Might), Wolverine 5/3/2 that I want as 5/3/5 (leveling Adamantium Slash just lowers its cost), Storm Classic 3/3/4 (really not sure what I want to do there) and Cap 3/4/5 (one more Red level for double gently caress yous to Countdown tiles). Also slowly rebuilding a 5/4 Venom to go next to my 5/5 one.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Can someone post the link to the website that has everyone's skill information? Went back a feq pages and even tried google but I couldn't find it

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Is venoms 5 purple ability bad?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Deep Winter posted:

Can someone post the link to the website that has everyone's skill information? Went back a feq pages and even tried google but I couldn't find it

It on their forum in the tip section. The best to find the link to the forum in on their Facebook. When I'm not on my phone I'll proved a direct link.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

death .cab for qt posted:

It nearly doubles AP cost, but it stuns the whole team. People are leaving it at 4 to be able to utilize devour's "Eats the whole team" thing more often. I accidentally brought mine to 5, and it's not bad. It's a one-turn stun on the entire enemy team for 7 purple, which is quite useful in its own way.

I really wish I could get a blue or yellow spiderman classic. Mine is at 3/1/3, and I've gotten 2 more purples that I don't want for him. I can't complain too much, though, a lot of my covers are decently skilled. I'm really not looking forward to the point where I can't use leveling up to heal something, though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Yes and no. It is the cheapest team wide stun. But it cost 7 ap cost to level 4 costing 4ap. That means it is almost half as slow to make webs. 8 webs and 12 black ap means you instant win. So slower your web rate is generally bad.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Erebus posted:

I've been resisting the whole Facebook thing too, but gently caress it. I made an account and added myself to the Google doc (which is here if anyone's looking for it like I was). I can always use more iso.

Added myself to this too, would be glad if anyone would add me, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Adding all you guys on Facebook makes the game so much easier. I get nearly 2000 free ISO every day!