Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

I don't "get" FYAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's poo poo all the way down.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

tehloki posted:

Saying racist poo poo is only funny if you are saying it to make fun of people who say racist poo poo and you are good at doing this in a clear and humorous way

I have seen this done well in FYAD many times and seen it done incredibly poorly in 4GBSchan a lot lately

Maybe GBS is ironically saying racist poo poo to make fun of FYAD ironically making fun of real racism. Sort of like inception. Are we awake or just dreaming?

Makes you think.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

A Pinball Wizard posted:

any day now skinny king pimp is going to start whipping a black guy for not picking enough cotton because they joked about the n word once. this is totally a thing that will happen and not hyperbole.

well she's in Georgia so I think the odds are pretty good yeah.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

How to Post in FYAD: 10 Steps (With Pictures)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Riesling is pretty good poo poo.

Cupcake also makes a hell of a Sauvignon Blanc that is silly cheap at costco.
I knocked back a liter of Schmitt Sohne last night, actually. I know it's not a good riesling, but it's serviceable.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Are any of them goatse?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I could swear I've seen you post in Fyad before penguigo. Hmmmmmmmm

I have literally never posted in FYAD. I skimmed YCS and LF when I was a young, feckless badposter, and I lurk the fringes of YOSPOS by posting in the image thread, but PYF is the only non-gray forum that I post in.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Penguingo posted:

I have literally never posted in FYAD. I skimmed YCS and LF when I was a young, feckless badposter, and I lurk the fringes of YOSPOS by posting in the image thread, but PYF is the only non-gray forum that I post in.

PYF is not a gray forum?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Joke

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zeta posted:

I propose a simpler explanation: FYAD and it's members are stupid.

FYAD AND IT IS MEMBERS ARE STUPID?>!!?!?! I'm way smarter than you, pal.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Ootrek posted:

I don't "get" FYAD.
I do.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

I get FYAD but I don't "get" it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

It's funny but I don't think I can do it. I'm not funny. :smith:

Is the GBS thing permanent? On one hand, GBS needed to get out of it's own rear end, but on the other I don't understand what the gently caress is happening and where the line between spamming and being an annoying prick and being "funny" is.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

13Pandora13 posted:

Is the GBS thing permanent? On one hand, GBS needed to get out of it's own rear end, but on the other I don't understand what the gently caress is happening and where the line between spamming and being an annoying prick and being "funny" is.

GBS had become insufferable with the 'angry social justice warrior did you make a rape joke????' circle-jerk, I imagine the mods thought that taking the leash off and allowing some shitposting would calm things down a bit. I imagine some new rules will be introduced pretty soon.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

White Dog Eggs posted:

GBS had become insufferable with the 'angry social justice warrior did you make a rape joke????' circle-jerk, I imagine the mods thought that taking the leash off and allowing some shitposting would calm things down a bit. I imagine some new rules will be introduced pretty soon.

I think it'll eventually because good and funny and then it'll stagnate and become bad after about 3 months.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

13Pandora13 posted:

Is the GBS thing permanent?

Abe hinted that it's just a Halloween thing:

Call Me Abey posted:

5) contest ends when the New Halloween Order ceases

... but Fistgrrl said it's permanent:

Fistgrrl posted:

It's not going back dumbass.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 15:35 on Nov 2, 2013

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Abe hinted that it's just a Halloween thing:

Fistgrrl said something along the lines of "It's not changing back you loving morons" so I guess the contest will last for a while.

e:

Fistgrrl posted:

It's not going back dumbass.

Hustle Hound has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Nov 2, 2013

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
GBS is a stinking corpse, food for worthless insects, and all that remains is the method of burial. They argue over the color of its shroud.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The best part of GBS is the one new rule that's been added - its probatable to report a post that isn't against the forum rules, which should really be a forum-wide thing considering how many people are getting probated for poo poo reports in GBS!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

I enjoy the change. I would like that they make a rule that anyone who posts a thread that gets gassed gets probated or something.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

pentyne posted:

I enjoy the change. I would like that they make a rule that anyone who posts a thread that gets gassed gets probated or something.

You already get an automatic 15 minute probation for that.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Richard Donner's Superman is pretty good. The props and special effects haven't aged well, but it's not Man of Steel mopey.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Richard Donner's Superman is pretty good. The props and special effects haven't aged well, but it's not Man of Steel mopey.

The first Christopher Reeves Superman is a good contender for my favorite superhero movie of all time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
e: no

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Tease.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I'm so glad that I screenshotted that!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Brother Jonathan posted:

I'm so glad that I screenshotted that!

Huh, turns out I'm a psychic!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Batman's the only real superhero that came back from a broken back. Superman's just a pretender. A sad, sad pretender.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I dunno, Oracle was pretty cool.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

NotAnArtist posted:

Batman's the only real superhero that came back from a broken back. Superman's just a pretender. A sad, sad pretender.

Imma say it: Christian Bale's Batman is really dumb. He's supposed to be the World's Greatest Detective but he keeps getting duped.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I had to edit it because I realized Christopher Reeves wasn't the batman from the movies with dead gay cowboy joker and silly voice bane.

I want that batman's dick in my every quivering, supple, velveteen orifice.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I unironically like Batman and Robin.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Bale is okay, but he's my number three pick of the three hottest dudes in Velvet Goldmine. Hell, Jack Fairy even kinda edges him out.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I want to lick Christian Bale's gigantic nose mole forever.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Maybe if you kept at it long enough, a genie would appear and you could wish for him to become a better actor.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Action Tortoise posted:

Imma say it: Christian Bale's Batman is really dumb. He's supposed to be the World's Greatest Detective but he keeps getting duped.

Bale's Batman also doesn't play up the detective angle as much and is Batman for like four years, total.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

"What keeled de dinosaws?

DE ICE AGE!!"

Comedy gold.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Crow Jane posted:

Maybe if you kept at it long enough, a genie would appear and you could wish for him to become a better actor.

I take your awful opinion and raise you Bale's performance in The Machinist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Deaf, dumb and blind, but you sure play mean pinball.

• Locked thread