Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

So here's a thing that happened. I was hunting for Dittos in the Friend Safari to fuel my 5 IV Shroomish wunderkind project, when I encountered....

A shiny Minccino! Of course I caught the bastard. Checked its stats. It has Skill Link. And it's Adamant nature. :stare:

Only downside is the Judge says it's only above average with 31 in HP and Speed, meaning the rest of its stats are probably total crap but oh well.

I named him *~Fabuloso~* and I don't care if he's crap. Gonna take this sucker through Super Training and make him amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Today I found my first wild shiny ever! It's a golden Swablu. :3:

The only other one I'd ever seen was Bianca's Lillipup in the catching tutorial from BW2.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

... Friend safari... A shiny Minccino!

Dood, me too! They've giving out shinys like candy!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ConanThe3rd posted:

Dood, me too! They've giving out shinys like candy!

Yeah, I got a shiny Togepi yesterday. You can barely see the difference.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Apparently Noivern gets Switcheroo via chain breeding, but I am not seeing how unless something else in the flying egg group's picked it up and not told me.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Apparently Noivern gets Switcheroo via chain breeding, but I am not seeing how unless something else in the flying egg group's picked it up and not told me.

From Inkay/Malamar to Archen, and then from him to Noivern.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bongo Bill posted:

Four fedoras but not a single decent shirt or proper jacket. I could almost accept the decision to equip one as a misguided protest against the conditions that make it impossible to dress well.

Just gotta find the shirt-over-shirts.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

LAY-ZX posted:

From Inkay/Malamar to Archen, and then from him to Noivern.

Inkay can breed with Archen?
Isn't Inkay in the Water 1 and Water 2 groups, while Archen is in Flying and Water 3(for some reason)?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cyflan posted:

Isn't Inkay in the Water 1 and Water 2 groups, while Archen is in Flying and Water 3(for some reason)?

You're right. Alright, Bulbapedia is lying to me, disregard.

e: Thoguh assuming it's still correct about Archen getting it as an egg move, Malamar -> Corphish -> Archen -> Noivern should work.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 2, 2013

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I just picked up a shiny Fletchinder with Serious nature, 31 attack IV, and Gale Wings in FS. You'd better believe me and Ms. Flamebooty will be making a fantastic team.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cyflan posted:

Apparently there's supposed to be a Corpish in there. Kind of strange since neither Corpish nor Archen got Switcheroo before but I won't say no to more moves on things.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If you have a pokemon with the right moveset from the old games (but didn't bother to get perfect IVs then), will you still be able to breed them into perfect IV pokes in the new game? Like if I had a scizor with superpower, dratini with extremespeed, or an abra with signal beam from games where you tutored them into the pokemon, will that be fine? Or will I actually have to get perfect IV pokes in those games then tutor them then port them? Because the latter will be such a pain. The dratini was caught in a pokewalker if that makes any difference.

I only care so much since the VGC will be held in DC next year so a bunch of friends and I would like to try it.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Move tutor moves aren't passed down through breeding unless they're also level-up, TM or egg moves so no.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey guys, Master Ball or Big Nugget?

And what the heck is a Big Nugget?

Edit: VV Thanks

Frankston fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 2, 2013

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Frankston posted:

You get both either way.

Big Nugget is just something you can sell for money.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Frankston posted:

Take the Master ball and you get the Big nugget as well.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

JoltSpree posted:

Well I finally did it! I bred an Eevee with a Timid Nature that has perfect IVs in everything except Atk. His name is Wilhelm and he's going to be the best Jolteon I've ever had. I'd like to see the Battle Maison try to outspeed this little guy.

Now on to breeding a perfect Kangaskhan. At least with this one I won't have to breed 10 goddamn babies just to get one female to continue the chain.

I've got a bunch of adamant Kangaskhans, 3-5 perfect IVs* I'm almost certain, probably scrappy too. If you still want one I'll be available to trade in about 6 hours from now.

*I don't remember trying for perfect IVs on it but I have like 2 boxes so what else would I have been doing?

edit:

Two questions: Is it possible to get regenerator slowpokes in X/Y? Do they show up in the safari or hordes or something?

Also, does King's shield debuff activate on moves that otherwise wouldn't affect Aegislash, like normal or fighting moves?

Orchids!
May 17, 2009

Last night I caught my first shiny in any game ever! I encountered a horde of Trevenant on route 20 and one of them was shiny. It was a little stressful because my dudes are all ~level 60 and he is only level 25, so I could only throw balls without attacking, but I managed to catch it in a premier ball which matches its color scheme nicely. I was so excited, it was like being 11 again and getting my first pokemon. :shobon:
No nickname yet because I am terrible and don't have any good ideas. :negative:

Has anyone else found a shiny in a horde encounter? I might have missed it but I don't think my Trevenant flashed or made a noise like they do in single encounters. Thankfully it was incredibly noticeable anyway!

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Mazerunner posted:

Two questions: Is it possible to get regenerator slowpokes in X/Y? Do they show up in the safari or hordes or something?

Slowpoke is in hordes in Route 12.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
There's still no way to change your pokemon's pokeball, right?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
How do I go about getting a Hustle Nidoran this gen? I can just breed for one, right?

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Meat Recital posted:

How do I go about getting a Hustle Nidoran this gen? I can just breed for one, right?

Both genders of Nidoran appear in hordes at route 11.
Pretty sure that's the only way to get a Hustle nidoran before the bank's up.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Meat Recital posted:

That's its hidden ability, so you can't breed for it if you don't already have it. There are hordes of Nidorina/o on route 11, your best bet is to catch them there until you get one with Hustle. If you plan to breed further from there make sure it's a Nidorino, Nidorina still can't breed for some drat reason.

e: Oh, are there Nidorans there too? I only ever saw the evolved ones.

e2: The hordes are just Nidorans. Okay I'm full of poo poo, sorry.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zoran posted:

Today I found my first wild shiny ever! It's a golden Swablu. :3:

The only other one I'd ever seen was Bianca's Lillipup in the catching tutorial from BW2.

High five mah golden bird brother~ That's rough that the game made you watch an NPC grab a shiny though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's still no way to change your pokemon's pokeball, right?

Actually there is a way, sort of. Babies can inherit the Pokeball of... the mother, I think? So catch your mothers in flattering Pokeballs.

Note: Haven't tried this myself, but I read about it here.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly if there's one thing I don't like about these games it is that the move tutors are only in the second version. It's pretty annoying since a lot of pokemon have really great moves that are restricted to the tutors. My special attack Whiscash would be so much better if it had earth power, but I can't get that until december and it will require breeding an entirely new one.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Flopsy posted:

High five mah golden bird brother~ That's rough that the game made you watch an NPC grab a shiny though.

Yeah, Gen 5 is the red headed stepchild of the franchise; the games were treading the same water as DPP did, the cartoon (Iris, mostly) was insufferable and it somehow made a full sequel feel more like a mission pack release than the previous Mission Pack versions were.

So it was a whole load of missteps, frankly the only good thing was the Manga and even then that was because the writer went "You know what? Let's cast N as a complete rear end in a top hat mind-rapist and see where that gets us."

I mean at least Gen 3 gave us the enchanced remakes.
:goonsay:

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Went against an all shiny team in Battle Spot, apparently Greninja can learn Shadow Sneak, this opens up possibilities.

6X6G-WWWW-WWW2-CSPE

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, Gen 5 is the red headed stepchild of the franchise; the games were treading the same water as DPP did

Wow that's a very interesting thought about Gen 5. I mean it's completely wrong but hey, it's interesting.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Orchids! posted:

Has anyone else found a shiny in a horde encounter? I might have missed it but I don't think my Trevenant flashed or made a noise like they do in single encounters. Thankfully it was incredibly noticeable anyway!

I have, it was a Floatzel in Victory Road. It sparkled, so you might have just overlooked it. (No worries, though--you caught it!)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why is it that 20 years later I still can't rename this Farfetch'd?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, Gen 5 is the red headed stepchild of the franchise; the games were treading the same water as DPP did, the cartoon (Iris, mostly) was insufferable and it somehow made a full sequel feel more like a mission pack release than the previous Mission Pack versions were.

So it was a whole load of missteps, frankly the only good thing was the Manga and even then that was because the writer went "You know what? Let's cast N as a complete rear end in a top hat mind-rapist and see where that gets us."

You are literally the only person with this opinion I have ever met. Gen 5 was loving fantastic.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, Gen 5 is the red headed stepchild of the franchise;

This is basically the most Wrong opinion I have ever heard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ConanThe3rd posted:

Haha, you watch the pokemon cartoon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm slowly working on filling up my 'dex.

I had totally forgotten that Bellossom evolves from Gloom.
I'd sort of forgotten that Bellossom was a thing.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Gen V owned bones, but the best thing about it other than Scrafty and Lilligant was Join Avenue. Goddamn, that feature was the best.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I personally loathed Gen V, but I never tried BW2, so they might have improved on things there.

(PS: Nintendo, bring back the Safari zone from Gen I, but make it three times as big.)

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Broken Cog posted:

I personally loathed Gen V, but I never tried BW2, so they might have improved on things there.

(PS: Nintendo, bring back the Safari zone from Gen I, but make it three times as big.)
Both of these things are bad opinions. Gen 5 was great and Game Freak should make the friend safari bigger and have more pokemon available instead of making a bigger gen 1 safari. :colbert:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

gently caress no. Safari Zone can :frogout:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Broken Cog posted:

You ARE broken.

• Locked thread