Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Don Gato posted:

Kanji Tatsumi get's added to Sega All Star Racing. He'll ride his bike.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease make it happen, the more I think of it the better it sounds

This is brilliant, I would buy Day 0! Throw in Teddie on roller skates. You know, actually some Persona favs are a no-brainer to add to that. I really can see this happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

MrAristocrates posted:

Yeah, it's their best performer in the States, which means it'll still get localized. The question is just whether or not Atlus USA gets dissolved in favor of Sega's existing localization teams.

Wait, the team that just got fired recently basically? I really, really, really hope it would be a reverse action with Atlus USA absorbing Sega's localization staff. Also, yes, the next Persona would probably come over eventually, but then Sega can feel free to do the usual terrible marketing and the game can easily underperform in the West (outside of enthusiast sites hardly anyone knows of Persona). This will especially likely if Atlus USA is dissolved. If this scenario occurs, then you will have an increasingly likelier chance of having Persona stay in Japan. EO and even SMT games are really on the line as it is, IMO.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

Yeah, it's their best performer in the States, which means it'll still get localized. The question is just whether or not Atlus USA gets dissolved in favor of Sega's existing localization teams.

That's the real question.

Of all the times for SMT to have a change in localization staff, this may be the right time. Currently the only SMT related titles out there are something Persona related that may very well be Persona 5, Devil Survivor 2 Break Record (which has yet to gain VAs), and P4 Climax. P4 Climax and the Persona 3 movie are the only two things left that would need the old VAs, but even then Climax still hasn't been announced for anything outside of arcades (or Japan for that matter) and the movie would be handled by a different company for dubbing.

A telltale sign is the fact they created Sega Dream(the new parent company of Index) under Sega, which then makes Atlus USA a subdivision of a Sega development studio. Best case scenario they merge with Sega of America or spin off into their own company.

E: Also having been on the tech side of several mass firings, the decisions have already been made but no one knows aside from a few high up managers, building security, and IT.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 30, 2013

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...

Pureauthor posted:

Of all Atlus series Persona is the one you have the least to worry about in terms of anyone making changes to it.

What worries me is that we might get Persona games from here on out. While I love the Persona games, I enjoy the variety of the Megaten series and still want to see new spinoffs and more entries into the main series.

EDIT: I hope they don't dissolve Atlus USA and instead use them to start localizing niche Sega titles like Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles instead. They'd do wonders for their marketing.

Proto Cloud fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 30, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure Sega even has a proper localization staff at this point. All the Sonic games these days are written by Americans, in English, and then translated into Japanese.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://dsexp.atlusnet.jp/2013/10/post-24.html

Devil Survivor 2 Break Record is the new Duke Nukem Forever.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dehry posted:

http://dsexp.atlusnet.jp/2013/10/post-24.html

Devil Survivor 2 Break Record is the new Duke Nukem Forever.

Was it delayed...?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ChaosArgate posted:

Was it delayed...?

Delayed from "Fall 2013" to "2014"

I wonder if they are coordinating with Sega now? Maybe they want a worldwide release? I doubt a remake of Devil Survivor 2 needs this much time.

Also, MarvelousUSA is retiring their @atlususa twitter account tomorrow.

E2: BLANKING IN PROGRESS
http://indexweb.jp/english/

Everything was removed from the index corporate page in the past half hour.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 31, 2013

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...
Guess my plan to wait out on playing DSur2 until Break Record comes out, isn't working as well as I thought it would. :smith:

Proto Cloud fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 31, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sega ruins everything they touch.

I am legit worried about the future of Atlus.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I get the feeling this is a prelude to a huge press announcement later this evening (morning in Japan) of the new company details.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Sega ruins everything they touch.

I am legit worried about the future of Atlus.
That game was in dev hell even before Sega came along, though. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dehry posted:

Delayed from "Fall 2013" to "2014"

I wonder if they are coordinating with Sega now? Maybe they want a worldwide release? I doubt a remake of Devil Survivor 2 needs this much time.

Also, MarvelousUSA is retiring their @atlususa twitter account tomorrow.

E2: BLANKING IN PROGRESS
http://indexweb.jp/english/

Everything was removed from the index corporate page in the past half hour.

Tomorrow is the day when Sega officially takes over, so it's probably for that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Boneless Jogger posted:

Tomorrow is the day when Sega officially takes over, so it's probably for that.

It's been tomorrow in Japan for a while now. I would guess they would run operations in the US as normal through the end of the business day here though. I've been watching the Sega corporate site for the first press release or listing of Sega Dream, but it's still only 5am there.

E:

Looking at the official Sega.jp site, they have a maintenance window scheduled for next weekend (9th and 10th.) While it may be regular maintenance, it might not be a bad time to push out a new website.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 31, 2013

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, is more tedious that hard. I finished the snow queen quest and the normal game just using the initial personas.

That's Persona 1, not 2. And the Snow Queen quest is hard. gently caress you Thanatos Tower, gently caress you to the deepest pits of hell.

...it was so satisfying when I finally beat it, though.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Siliconera has more information about the Sega situation:

Siliconera posted:

When Sega acquired Index Corporation, the parent company of Atlus, the deal was done under a new subsidiary called Sega Dream Corporation. Instead of using that company name, they’re changing the name of Sega Dream Corporation to… Index Corporation. So, basically Index Corporation is just a subsidiary of Sega Sammy instead of it being part of Sega Dream Corporation.

The more important question is who is in charge of Index Corporation now that it’s integrated into Sega? Sega Sammy Chief Operating Officer Naoya Tsurumi is now the president of Index Corporation and Yasuhiko Hamada is the Executive Vice President.

Yukimasa Murakami, the Managing Director of Index Corporation before the acquisition, is still the managing director of the new Index Corporation.

Yakuza creator Toshirio Nagoshi, Sega game director Yukio Sugino, and Atlus USA president Naoto Hiraoka are on the company’s board.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I thought something was up. Indexweb.jp now has a notice of transfer of business on their page that said "this is not the old index corporation"

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
I finally got Soul Hackers and I've got some questions about recruiting demons:
1. What determines whether or not you can recruit a demon?
As far as I understand it you can only recruit demons if the smiley is displayed but I've only seen it on one type of demon.
2. Is there a strategy when talking to demons? Right now it seems just really random.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

scissorman posted:

I finally got Soul Hackers and I've got some questions about recruiting demons:
1. What determines whether or not you can recruit a demon?
As far as I understand it you can only recruit demons if the smiley is displayed but I've only seen it on one type of demon.
2. Is there a strategy when talking to demons? Right now it seems just really random.

Certain races of demon are considered "Dark", and won't join you until you get an add-on later. Also, if you have an Extreme Law/Extreme Chaos demon in your active party, Chaos/Law demons won't join you. And generally, each demon has specific responses it likes, although they do deviate on occasion.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Saigyouji posted:

Certain races of demon are considered "Dark", and won't join you until you get an add-on later. Also, if you have an Extreme Law/Extreme Chaos demon in your active party, Chaos/Law demons won't join you. And generally, each demon has specific responses it likes, although they do deviate on occasion.

And finally, you can't recruit demons above your own character's level, although if that's consistently a major issue it might mean you're underlevelled.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Does increasing Int on your main affect demon conversation like in the main series? Or should I just be pumping Str/En/Agi/Luk as in every other game and leaving Nemissa to nuke everything while laughing?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

http://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/1ps6t8/persona_5_confirmed_the_teaser_site_changed_to_an/

So this just happened on Reddit. Might be fake. Photoshop is listed as the creation tool in the EXIF data.

If true, I'm glad I bought a PS3 instead of PS4.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
I hope not. Blood red is a lame generic color choice

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I hope not. Blood red is a lame generic color choice

What the hell does that mean? We know the official site's red anyway, just not that it's related to P5 for certain.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Real or not there was never any chance that a Persona game would come out on PS4 in 2014.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
The only way P5 comes out on PS4 is if the PS5 is going to come out, so I'm cool with this. If it's real, that is, I've been duped too many times to trust any release date not from the official site.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, Sega has been going through all their new Index Corporation websites and updating them for the new company. Someone could have screwed the pooch and uploaded the wrong site. Oddly enough, the three boxes were appearing in a vertical stack for me a little while ago, but now they are regular again.

Also, a Playstation global brand manager retweeted the announcement when it first came out. He later tried to explain it away as "I'm a fan of the series guys"

Neogaf is claiming fake. The Japanese does look wrong, although my expertise is more in the letters than actual wording. I've become pretty good at spotting issues in Pokemon fakes, and now that wo is just sticking out to me.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 3, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yoshida pretty much only tweets other companies' stuff if it involves PlayStation somehow, like the SOMA teaser from last month.

Also, the picture's fake. Apparently the date last modified value on the teaser site still reads September 27th, so nothing's changed on their end.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Rinkles posted:

What the hell does that mean? We know the official site's red anyway, just not that it's related to P5 for certain.

Persona 3 is blue. Persona 4 is yellow. Based on that (now apparently fake) site, I was inferring Persona 5's color to be blood red.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Persona 3 is blue. Persona 4 is yellow. Based on that (now apparently fake) site, I was inferring Persona 5's color to be blood red.

I know. How is a color generic? How is red more generic than blue?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Blood red was also the color Atlus used for the Innocent Sin remake.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
It says "Prepare, Five!" :raise:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I know. How is a color generic? How is red more generic than blue?

More poo poo uses red I guess? Not many games or movies use bright yellow as their dominant color, and I guess I just I feel that red is less stylish than happy rear end yellow. Depression blue is also a lame color IMO. Not like it matters anyway.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN posted:

It says "Prepare, Five!" :raise:

Somebody was trying to be cute with the idea they learned the number 5 is pronounced "go" in Japanese. They just didn't anticipate the auto translator giving the Kanji(chinese letters) of the words instead of the Katakana, which is used for English words.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Dehry posted:

Somebody was trying to be cute with the idea they learned the number 5 is pronounced "go" in Japanese. They just didn't anticipate the auto translator giving the Kanji(chinese letters) of the words instead of the Katakana, which is used for English words.

Cool I was wondering how to read japanese. So they don't have a japanese word for 'five'? poo poo must get confusing when they have more than four of something.

Whoever made this probably meant it to read 'prepare for five', but heh auto-translate. As if we needed any clearer evidence that it's fake.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

There wasn't even anything surprising in that fake leak. Doesn't everyone expect that P5 will either be a PS3 or Vita game anyway? It would be more shocking if it were next gen, on one or both platforms.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

There wasn't even anything surprising in that fake leak. Doesn't everyone expect that P5 will either be a PS3 or Vita game anyway? It would be more shocking if it were next gen, on one or both platforms.

Yeah but it'd be nice to have some confirmation finally.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.p3m.jp/

Not much, but the Persona 3 Movie site is sharing a piece of concept art every day.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11335

Atlus forums shutting down.

Wouldn't be surprised if Atlus USA is next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Sega is already improving the brand.