Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Added a fake account to the spreadsheet. Hope it worked properly, who can tell with Facebook these days. Will add everyone on there.

edit: or most anyway, computer is being a dick

Also Bullseye has a butt for a chin.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Eddain posted:

Adding all you guys on Facebook makes the game so much easier. I get nearly 2000 free ISO every day!

I keep sending cash and booze to everyone but I'm lucky if I get a single Juggernaut cover per day. You guys are assholes :mad:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I like that at the end of chapter 1 is Osborn blaming bullseye for all his failures. You know the 1 dark avenger that has never had a line or defended a large shipment of red iso. :allears:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Much to my surprise I managed to beat the Red Iso repeatable Battle in Brazil mission. That's the 120 Commander/97 Ragnarok/85 Moonstone group.

Did it with a 38 Captain America (3/4/5), 51 Thor (3/4/3), and 52 Classic Storm (5/3/3). Threw in the +20% vs Hammer/+10% Match/3 Blue stockpile boosts.

Went for the Commander first, then Moonstone and Ragnarok. Most of it was using Cap as a meat shield and keeping Storm protected unless I could match blue AP to charge up Storm's stun. Apart from that I matched Red tiles to play keep away from Ragnarok's red ability (and to a lesser extent, Moonstone's).

Once Storm was down to 200 hp with Ragnarok at 3000+. Fortunately I managed to move Thor to the front by matching a black trio and have his remaining 2K hp soak up the damage so Storm could shoot a stun the turn after. Had Storm bit the dust at that point, the match would have been lost.

No major cascades came into play on either side.

Character Chat:

My Hawkeye modern is now 4/2/3 and that Avoid ability gives him a great deal more longevity than I had expected. I'm wondering now if I should bump Avoid up to lv 5 (Avoid requires less purple tiles to proc) at the expense of his hit-the-entire-enemy-team Red ability. His blue stun ability is a must for me.

Thoughts?

Pulls

Got a Ragnarok (red), Doctor Doom (black), Hood (black) and Grey Black Widow's fourth green cover from one star pulls this week.

:getin:

My two star pulls?

Six and seventh Bagman Switcharoo covers :negative:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 2, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Character Chat:

My Hawkeye modern is now 4/2/3 and that Avoid ability gives him a great deal more longevity than I had expected. I'm wondering now if I should bump Avoid up to lv 5 (Avoid requires less purple tiles to proc) at the expense of his hit-the-entire-enemy-team Red ability. His blue stun ability is a must for me.

Thoughts?

That's a tough call. Pumping Avoid to L5 will reduce it from six to four purples required, which isn't a huge difference. On the other hand, pumping up Blast Arrow will increase damage by 25% and drop its countdown to 2 turns.

I'm coming around on Wolverine Astonishing, who I disdained for a while but is chewing up the Venom tournament for me. Feral Claws at L5 means every green 3-match is damage plus strike tiles, which can add up quickly and make a cascade of normal matches do nasty damage, plus he's a great partner for healing runs because he can suck up damage while you set up Spider-Man. My main issue now is leveling him enough so that he'll take green over Storm Classic and finding some more Healing Factor covers.

Just fought a nasty combination of a leveled Wolverine and leveled Daken. Green feeds onto itself in nasty ways and it nearly overran me.

Right now I'm sitting _right_ on the edge of the Iron Man 40 Blue block -- been bouncing between 14th and 16th for the last couple of days. I may yet have to try to tackle that ungodly repeatable before things update tomorrow. With the way the repeatables have been going I'm expecting L180 Ragnarok, Green Goblin and Thanos.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Shwqa posted:

Yes and no. It is the cheapest team wide stun. But it cost 7 ap cost to level 4 costing 4ap. That means it is almost half as slow to make webs. 8 webs and 12 black ap means you instant win. So slower your web rate is generally bad.

The problem with Venom's web ability is that it actually creates green web tiles from basic tiles of other colors. The more you use it, the greener the board gets, to the point where you'll likely create matches on creation before putting down 8 webs (which is also 32 AP, so you'll need to make a match in there somewhere). With the team stun, you'll at least get a free match, letting you set up nice 5-matches!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bagman' switcharoo at 5 is probably your best bet. It makes four web tiles OF YOUR CHOICE.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

seravid posted:

I keep sending cash and booze to everyone but I'm lucky if I get a single Juggernaut cover per day. You guys are assholes :mad:

Despite it apparently being fixed, I still only get the option to send things to literally one guy, over and over.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Bagman' switcharoo at 5 is probably your best bet. It makes four web tiles OF YOUR CHOICE.

Okay, sure, but classic Spiderman's blue skill maxed only needs 2 ap per web, or 4 for 8, or for the same cost of switcheroo, 9 web for 18 blue.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

just had Thor's Call The Storm trigger my Storm's Raging Tempest, wiping the other team. He probably shouldn't have called her THAT...

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just noticed that I now have a +20% Damage to the Brotherhood powerup. Perhaps that's the new group Osborn spoke of in today's mission, though there really haven't been many classic Brotherhood members introduced so far -- Magneto Classic, very briefly Juggernaut (who was a double agent) and very briefly Daken.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
What is the Brotherhood?

What should we expect for Doombots?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Okay, sure, but classic Spiderman's blue skill maxed only needs 2 ap per web, or 4 for 8, or for the same cost of switcheroo, 9 web for 18 blue.

Yeah, but how man Bag Men do you end up getting, thats the factor here. You will probaby max him out long before you get a blue spidey.

Brotherhood is probably brotherhood of evil mutants. Maybe.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, but how man Bag Men do you end up getting, thats the factor here. You will probaby max him out long before you get a blue spidey.

Brotherhood is probably brotherhood of evil mutants. Maybe.

Magneto? Juggernaut I guess? That's probably about all at the moment, right?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I would like to think that they're not feeling bound by either the movie versions (Last Stand was seven years ago and, well, not very good) or the most recent comic version (the X-Force Brotherhood was a continuity clusterfuck). The smart thing would be to introduce members who've had some kind of movie presence and are notable in the comics (Sabertooth, Mystique, Pyro, Blob, Toad), perhaps Avalanche.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's bonus damage to everyone because they're all just Mystique in disguise.

chombo
Sep 11, 2001

aw man, Hawkeye classic/purple to 25 goddamned people.

i'm so sorry (x25)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey, nothing wrong with free Hawkeye100 iso.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Figured I'd try the Facebook thing. Added mine ot the list and added all the folks on there.

How does the reward thing work, I've seen it pop up with share stuff when you get a reward but the people it asked to share with seemed to be just a bunch of people from my Facebook friends list and i didn't want to spam them with game poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah that's why everyone is using a fake Puzzle Quest only facebook account.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Ah that makes sense. Do i only get additional stuff when I send things to other people then?

Or is just being on the friends list of a bunch of other goons going to end up benefiting me in some way too?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kin posted:

Ah that makes sense. Do i only get additional stuff when I send things to other people then?

Or is just being on the friends list of a bunch of other goons going to end up benefiting me in some way too?

If you're friends with lots of players you can get gifts from them whenever the share option comes up. Due to some recent fix or update or whatever, you can now randomly send out a gift to 25 people. Sometimes when you log in after a day you can spend minutes just collecting all the goodies you've received.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Eddain posted:

If you're friends with lots of players you can get gifts from them whenever the share option comes up. Due to some recent fix or update or whatever, you can now randomly send out a gift to 25 people. Sometimes when you log in after a day you can spend minutes just collecting all the goodies you've received.

Well I think I might just throw the towel in with this game now anyway. I restarted it a few days ago and did things a bit better. In my first attempt I'd connected the game to my Facebook but just now when I tried connecting it again it mentioned something about progress before loading up what appears to be my first lovely playthrough/profile.

I can't seem to find an option to log out of or desynch from Facebook nor restore all of the new progress I made over the last few days. Am I right in thinking that's all now been wiped?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kin posted:

Well I think I might just throw the towel in with this game now anyway. I restarted it a few days ago and did things a bit better. In my first attempt I'd connected the game to my Facebook but just now when I tried connecting it again it mentioned something about progress before loading up what appears to be my first lovely playthrough/profile.

I can't seem to find an option to log out of or desynch from Facebook nor restore all of the new progress I made over the last few days. Am I right in thinking that's all now been wiped?

I had to completely uninstall and then reinstall the app for it to forget my previous Facebook sync. If you want to unlink the app from your connected Facebook account you can send a support ticket and they'll respond to you there. If you already saved over your new progress by allowing the app to resync to your old Facebook account you're screwed I think.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I am in dire need of more Thor covers. I'm stuck a 3/3/2 and maxed at level 45. I hope we get some more events that dish him out as prizes very soon.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like everyone is running a level 2 Venom and a classic storm for the contest. Its a good combo, wave Venom around till he gets hit for free damage

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I've been getting the daily log in bonus every day since it started and there's a red Thor cover tomorrow, so you'll have one coming your way from that at least.

Just saw on their website there's a splash image with heroes and villains we've encountered already, save for one... Hulk. I don't know how he'd fit in a Brotherhood story arc, but its got me really hoping he's going to show up soon.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I've been getting the daily log in bonus every day since it started and there's a red Thor cover tomorrow, so you'll have one coming your way from that at least.

Just saw on their website there's a splash image with heroes and villains we've encountered already, save for one... Hulk. I don't know how he'd fit in a Brotherhood story arc, but its got me really hoping he's going to show up soon.

Well if he has half the strength as the other marvel game they made, then he will be broken as gently caress.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Kin posted:

Yes. To start completely.over, first wipe the data on the app, then go to your facebook app or account you first used, remove marvel puzzle quest from your app settings.

This happened to me too. It saves a copy of your account to your facebook. Gotta delink them first.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I started playing this two days ago. Was the number one in my bracket for the Dark Avengers event for about a day but ended up dropping to third because I couldn't stay up late enough to do the final push. This game is fun as hell but frustrating as all gently caress because of how they limit your storage space.

Adding my account to the spreadhseet so I can get in on some free goodies.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Welp my N7 screen cracked and I never linked it to my Facebook account so I'm going to end up not so good in the red iso event :( This really makes me mad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Always buy more storage space.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Looks like everyone is running a level 2 Venom and a classic storm for the contest. Its a good combo, wave Venom around till he gets hit for free damage

Does Classic Storm's passive activate if she takes more than 20% of her life? When I see Classic Storm teams I usually focus on her first and ignore the low level guys, and I don't think I've ever seen it go off when I'm hitting just her.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
That's the key, blowing her to smithereens won't incur her wrath. Always focus Classic Storm down first. Or smash other targets while she's stunned, that's fair game (Don't be afraid to use Classic Storm's blue aoe + single target stun on her as long as she's the one being stunned if it doesn't KO her outright).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This Venom tourney is brutal. I want the 100-500 rank prize (both Bullseye powers) but I keep getting maimed every time I look away.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

This Venom tourney is brutal. I want the 100-500 rank prize (both Bullseye powers) but I keep getting maimed every time I look away.

I sat at around 400 points for the longest time without being attacked, went up to 525 today and suddenly I'm attacked over and over back down to 400. Feels like some areas are safer to hang around in than others.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ow. Never underestimate regular storm. Her green attack smashes up to 16 tiles and gives back AP for each one. All of a sudden it's a barrage of special attacks left and right.

I guess the only consolation is that regular and classic storm cant be on the same team.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Ow. Never underestimate regular storm. Her green attack smashes up to 16 tiles and gives back AP for each one. All of a sudden it's a barrage of special attacks left and right.

I guess the only consolation is that regular and classic storm cant be on the same team.

I think Modern Storm is vastly superior to Classic Storm for that reason. She has two skills which allow you to manipulate the board without ending your turn. Destroy all Environmental tiles for quick damage, auto-matches, damage and AP, then destroy random tiles for even more auto-matches, damage, and AP. That's not even counting the lucky 5-matches you might end up with after clearing your board each time.

The only time she's a detriment is if you're running other characters who rely on countdown tiles or special tiles like Captain America/Spiderman/Venom/Wolverine.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Eddain posted:

I had to completely uninstall and then reinstall the app for it to forget my previous Facebook sync. If you want to unlink the app from your connected Facebook account you can send a support ticket and they'll respond to you there. If you already saved over your new progress by allowing the app to resync to your old Facebook account you're screwed I think.

I ended up doing that this morning and starting all over once again (i figure that with goon Facebook help, i'll probably get back to where i was much quicker) but when it came to synching with my Facebook it still tried to recover the initial account. I hit cancel and it let me tag 3 friends, but since then I've not seen another share thing popup on the rewards i've gotten.

I'm still in that introductory chapter but should the sharing thing be popping up more often than just the one time that i've seen it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Kin posted:

I ended up doing that this morning and starting all over once again (i figure that with goon Facebook help, i'll probably get back to where i was much quicker) but when it came to synching with my Facebook it still tried to recover the initial account. I hit cancel and it let me tag 3 friends, but since then I've not seen another share thing popup on the rewards i've gotten.

I'm still in that introductory chapter but should the sharing thing be popping up more often than just the one time that i've seen it?

It's incredibly random I've found. I think it's guaranteed at least once a day, usually on your first victory of that day.