Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Woden posted:

30 per EH run means about 140 quests per heart, that still seems like a ton of busywork. I already have hundreds of tokens of the twelves just from farming old epics, with this 4.2k business I'll probably have over 100k in a year or 3 which would be a giant PITA.

And I have mixed feeling about sagas, already got basically all the tomes I need so now it's just XP while leveling. Once I hit cap they're 100% useless, would have been nice if there was something consumable to grab from them at cap. They were great when they first came out as people were finally running odd content like Belly of the Beast and on EE no less, but over time those quests will be ghosts towns again.

It wouldn't surprise me if CoVs got added back to Sagas as a reward option as well. But very few people are in a position to not need one of: Experience, Tomes, or Renown. Most people can still use at least the last one. But since CoVs are going to be the new currency (maybe letting you upgrade items from EN->EH->EE or beyond) for stuff, Sagas seem like a good place to add some extras. And they want you to be spending CoVs for upgrading items,or consumables, or hearts for your alts (since hearts are BtA), so if you're got a ridiculous stockpile of them, you're in the 1% (likely way less than 1%), which isn't really something they can effectively do anything about.

It's not busywork since you're doing it to level. It's only annoying if they don't grant people who are already capped out and have lots of Epic Destiny experience free CoVs to IR/ER with right when U20 hits. You're either stuck running a bunch of quests that don't reward you much, or buying one from the Turbine store. After that you should have your heart as soon as you're able to use it unless you only run on EN.

quote:

Pretty interesting that they got rid of epic quest timers but to get the most out of epic quests you'll still have to just do them once daily, also curious if you can ransack a quest and still get CoVs or if they're tied to loot as well as XP ransack.

It wouldn't surprise me if you didn't get CoVs if you ransack the quest reward, but they haven't said anything yet. And the option is still there to do them for loot or experience more than once a day, but they're trying to do everything they can to encourage people to stop running one quest a million times and instead experience a breadth of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
Yeah I guess. Really liked the old token system where you got to upgrade gear with spare tokens if not TRing but 10 min potions just don't do it for me at all, apparently more stuff is in the pipeline so will have to wait and see.

Hmm, could probably use saga XP to fill out off destiny sphere karma too, that'd be pretty cool. But like everything saga related it eventually peters out, if you don't TR semi regularly you'd at some point get nothing from it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

quote:

Right now there is a bug that does not require the Reincarnation Cache to be cleared out when reincarnating as an Iconic Hero. This is not intended, and will be fixed in the future. We'll be adding this to the Known Issues list for Lamannia, and the live Known Issues list if necessary.

Welp. That blows. Here's to hoping it's another multi-year Known Issue until they decide to make it a Feature. Was hoping they'd post saying it's just a Feature now but there's been no follow up response all day.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Just need to hope it makes it live so people will get used to it and crave it. Just like The

Woden
May 6, 2006
New Lamannia build up, some interesting changes to Epic PLs:

quote:

NEW: Healing Power has been renamed to Power over Life and Death. It now grants Negative Energy Spellpower in addition to Positive Energy.
NEW: Colors of the Queen cooldown triggers has been reduced significantly, from 60/45/30 seconds to 30/20/10 seconds.
NEW: Bonuses have been increased to 3% for Energy Criticals, Doublestrike, and Doubleshot.
They seem fine, not really all that much power creep but has increased my interest in them.
And some changes again to quest XP:

quote:

NEW: Experience for Desecrated Temple of Vol has been returned to the previous value:
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 5344
“New” Base XP on Heroic Normal: 5344
Experience for 4 quests has been decreased:
NEW: Thrall of the Necromancer
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 4622
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 3499
NEW: The Keeper’s Sanctuary
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 1612
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 2951
NEW: The Crypt of Gerard Dryden
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 1068
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 1604
NEW: Devil Assault
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 1900
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 3037
NEW: Inferno of the Damned
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 5896
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 8044
NEW: Fear Factory
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 3700
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 4386
NEW: Missing
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 4804
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 5258
NEW: Thorn and Paw
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 3133
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 4227
NEW: Outbreak
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 2263
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 2912
NEW: Detour
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 5050
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 5528
NEW: Rest Stop
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 2980
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 3953
NEW: I Dream of Jeets
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 4150
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 4761
NEW: The Riddle
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 4393
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 5442
NEW: Storm the Beaches has increased again
Previous Base XP on Heroic Normal: 1828
New Base XP on Heroic Normal: 2153 (Was previously increased to 1884)
The rest are the same as the previous build.

And some other tidbits:

quote:

NEW: Eldritch Strike now correctly costs 10 SP to use.
NEW: Temple of Vol now requires 1 gold key and 1 silver key (rather than 2 gold keys) in order to progress.
So that's why Vol got its XP back. 10SP is probably a good move here too, a 1 wiz splash on a I guess a henshin monk could have been really strong. Monks don't need more power.

Full list here and known issues here

In other news I don't seem to be getting any TP from favor, TRed yesterday and got to 560 favor but no TP at all. I get the mails about it, tried relogging but nothing. Anyone else getting this?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Super interested in Colors of the Queen now, it was cool before but 10 second cooldown is pretty drat reasonable, and it should be fun.

Temple of Vol change is disappointing, having to go down the nasty trap side will suck. Though there at least used to be a safe way to walk through them, not sure if that's still around as I haven't went down that way in awhile. Sucks Delera's 4 got it's experience nerfed, but I doubt we'll be doing TRs instead of IRs again, so it's not really a big change (and first lifers it doesn't effect in any meaningful way). Devil Assault, Inferno, Missing Chain, Druids Deep Chain, High Road, The Riddle, these are all quests that could have used the bump, so glad to see that.

As for the favor problem you're having, we haven't fresh TRed since shortly after U19 hit, but I got my TP just fine from hitting 2800 last night I'm pretty sure.

Also has anyone running a wizard/monk staff build looked into using Eldritch Knight with it? I really want to find a good EK and Warpriest build to mess around with someday. Sirgog's 17 cleric/2 paladin/1 fighter Radiant Titan build looks interesting for the Warpriest front if I ever do another cleric life at least.

Woden
May 6, 2006
There's a trick to Vol nasty side, just go to the far left(right probably as well) and jump over the pylons and you'll never make a reflex save ever. It's slower sure but it's what I do when trapping for xp while everyone else zergs off.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. It's been so long since I've had to do it. Orchard is 14, so we'll still be doing that as IRs. Get to start out doing Gianthold and Attack on Stormreach Part 2, not so bad really.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

DemonMage posted:

Also has anyone running a wizard/monk staff build looked into using Eldritch Knight with it? I really want to find a good EK and Warpriest build to mess around with someday. Sirgog's 17 cleric/2 paladin/1 fighter Radiant Titan build looks interesting for the Warpriest front if I ever do another cleric life at least.

Funnily enough, I was just today considering a 6 wiz/12 Monk/2 fighter build today using Eldritch Knight and Mountain stance with a staff for big PRR gains and everything. I was actually going to post a bit later on all the various permutations of builds that I'm considering for feedback etc. There's a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head and I need input :)

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Various builds that I am considering, that are all ways of basically smashing faces with a two handed weapon, either an axe or quarterstaff. As a general rule, all builds have been made with either Dwarf, Warforged, Bladeforged or Shadar-Kai in mind (as they are basically my favourite races and I consider them well-suited for these) but you'd need LR tokens from the DDO store to make some of these work with the Bladeforged/Shadar-Kai. Thoughts/feedback of any of these welcome, help me sort out what I'm going to do in my next life because I'm paralysed by indecision! I'm sure there are glaring faults I've failed to see in some of these that absolutely kill the concept.

I suppose choice of build might come down to one question - is Eldritch Knight any good? Do the various spellsword core enhancements stack, or can you only toggle one element on at a time? Are Eldritch Strike/Tempest as good as they sound?

12 Monk/6 Wizard/2 Fighter - This build would use a quarterstaff and Eldritch Knight enhancements. The spell point counter is a little wacky as it includes improved mental toughness. I know mental toughness isn't a great feat, but EK needs a lot of spell points if you're going to fire off it's abilities frequently, and Mental Toughness helps counter the low wizard level count. Also, this was done using Warforged instead of Bladeforged (although you'd need a LR+1 token to make this properly with a Bladeforged, but having access to Reconstruct would be really nice) but it would work with pretty much any race really. Just adjust stat points as required. You can really stack the PRR on this one if you use the right EDs and enhancements.

code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

Level 20 Lawful Good Warforged Male
(2 Fighter \ 12 Monk \ 6 Wizard) 
Hit Points: 280
Spell Points: 500 
BAB: 14\14\19\24
Fortitude: 18
Reflex: 14
Will: 16

[b]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[u](36 Point)[/u]       [u](Level 1)[/u]             [u](Level 20)[/u][/b]
[color=navy]Strength             16                    24
Dexterity            15                    18
Constitution         16                    20
Intelligence         11                    14
Wisdom               13                    16
Charisma              7                    10[/color]

[b][u]Tomes Used[/u][/b]
[color=navy]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
[/color]
[b][u]Level 1 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Monk[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Monk Bonus) Power Attack[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Stunning Blow[/color]

[b][u]Level 2 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Monk Bonus) Dodge[/color]

[b][u]Level 3 (Wizard)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Cleave[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Wizard Bonus) Mental Toughness[/color]

[b][u]Level 4 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light[/color]

[b][u]Level 5 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 6 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Two Handed Fighting[/color]

[b][u]Level 7 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave[/color]

[b][u]Level 8 (Wizard)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 9 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Monk Bonus) Mobility[/color]

[b][u]Level 10 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 11 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 12 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons[/color]

[b][u]Level 13 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 14 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 15 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting[/color]

[b][u]Level 16 (Wizard)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 17 (Wizard)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 18 (Wizard)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Grandmaster of Forms[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Wizard Bonus) Quicken Spell[/color]

[b][u]Level 19 (Wizard)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 20 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Spring Attack[/color]

12 Wizard/6 Paladin/ 2 Monk (basically my build from a couple of pages back) - Eldritch Knight enhancements again, with Tenser's Transformation, Divine Might, Divine Grace and Bladesworn Transformation for that extra bit to get you over the line. Has Evasion, though you'll constantly get messaged about not being centred thanks to Mithral Body and whatever weapon you choose to use...though, you could use a quarterstaff, drop Mithral Body and stay Centred, but without Grandmaster of Forms it's a little bit hard to see the value in that. No THF line, but you do get level 6 Wizard spells, and the HP/SP totals aren't too shabby either.

code:

Level 20 Lawful Good Bladeforged Male
(6 Paladin \ 2 Monk \ 12 Wizard) 
Hit Points: 306
Spell Points: 694 
BAB: 13\13\18\23
Fortitude: 23
Reflex: 18
Will: 22

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 20)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Strength             16                    24
Dexterity             8                    11
Constitution         17                    22
Intelligence         15                    18
Wisdom                6                     9
Charisma             15                    18[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Deity) Follower of the Lord of Blades[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Monk[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Stunning Blow[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Monk Bonus) Power Attack[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Cleave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Monk Bonus) Toughness[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Wizard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Wizard Bonus) Quicken Spell[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Wizard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 6 (Wizard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Force of Personality[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Wizard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 8 (Wizard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Wizard Bonus) Maximize Spell[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Wizard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Insightful Reflexes[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Wizard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 11 (Wizard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 12 (Wizard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Mithral Body[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Wizard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Wizard Bonus) Heighten Spell[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Wizard)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 15 (Wizard)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Paladin)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 17 (Paladin)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 18 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Great Cleave[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Paladin)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 20 (Paladin)[/U][/B]

8 Fighter/6 Monk/6 Paladin - Takes advantage of the Kensei tree to make greataxes a monk weapon and uses Grandmaster of Forms, Divine Might and Divine Grace. No Two Handed Fighting line, but has spell points for casting Reconstruct. If not doing this as Bladeforged, you can drop 2 levels of Paladin, grab two more of fighter and get another feat as well as picking up the whole THF line (as you won't need Magical Training/Mental Toughness/Quicken anymore). Doing so as a PDK or non-iconic class might make for a preferable build for some. It's also setup to take Epic Toughness - ditch Toughness as well if you don't value it.

code:

Level 20 Lawful Good Bladeforged Male
(8 Fighter \ 6 Paladin \ 6 Monk) 
Hit Points: 350
Spell Points: 295 
BAB: 18\18\23\28\28
Fortitude: 25
Reflex: 15
Will: 15

Dexterity            11                    14
Constitution         16                    20
Wisdom               12                    15
Charisma             14                    17[/color]

[b][u]Tomes Used[/u][/b]
[/color]
[b][u]Level 1 (Paladin)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Deity) Follower of the Lord of Blades[/color]

[b][u]Level 3 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/color]

[b][u]Level 4 (Paladin)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 5 (Paladin)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 6 (Paladin)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Magical Training[/color]

[b][u]Level 7 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 8 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light[/color]

[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Mental Toughness[/color]

[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Monk Bonus) Toughness[/color]

[b][u]Level 12 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Master of Forms[/color]

[b][u]Level 13 (Fighter)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 14 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/color]

[b][u]Level 15 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Quicken Spell[/color]

[b][u]Level 16 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons[/color]

[b][u]Level 17 (Fighter)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 18 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Mobility[/color]

[b][u]Level 19 (Paladin)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 20 (Paladin)[/u][/b]

12 Monk/8 Fighter (pretty standard I guess) - Nothing fancy, just straight up bashing heads in. Would use a greataxe, and take the dwarven enhancement line to improve skill with greataxes, possibly including using Constitution as your damage mod if you get it high enough. Could be done with a few different races, but Iconics apart from PDKs would need a LR+1 token. There's nothing super imaginative about this build, but it'd be effective.
code:

Level 20 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
(8 Fighter \ 12 Monk) 
Hit Points: 361
Spell Points: 0 
BAB: 17\17\22\27\27
Fortitude: 23
Reflex: 17
Will: 16

Dexterity            16                    19
Constitution         16                    23
Wisdom               14                    17
Charisma              7                    10[/color]

[b][u]Tomes Used[/u][/b]
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
[/color]
[b][u]Level 1 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 3 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 4 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 5 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 6 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Great Cleave[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Monk Bonus) Two Handed Fighting[/color]

[b][u]Level 7 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 8 (Monk)[/u][/b]

[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Mobility[/color]

[b][u]Level 12 (Monk)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/color]

[b][u]Level 13 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/color]

[b][u]Level 14 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Handed Fighting[/color]

[b][u]Level 15 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting[/color]

[b][u]Level 16 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons[/color]

[b][u]Level 17 (Fighter)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 18 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Selected) Grandmaster of Forms[/color]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Spring Attack[/color]

[b][u]Level 19 (Fighter)[/u][/b]

[b][u]Level 20 (Fighter)[/u][/b]
[color=dodgerblue]Feat: [/color][color=navy](Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons[/color]
Edit - can't get BBcode working.

Gammon fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Nov 1, 2013

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I think my wiz/mnk QS build would need about 60 more ap to spend on racial, mnk and rogue trees before I would start spending them in eldrich knight, there are just so many good enhancements for the build already.

As for your first QS build gammon, I can't stress enough how valuable 2 rogue levels would be instead of 2 fighter levels. You really don't need those extra two feats and the 15% stacking haste and the better double strike attack are phenomenal.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Yeah, staff builds are hideous AP wise. After capping one I really wish they'd just get rid of EDs and let us progress up to cap with normal classes, so many good build options for heroic stuff but epic is still very limited.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

Fenris13 posted:

As for your first QS build gammon, I can't stress enough how valuable 2 rogue levels would be instead of 2 fighter levels. You really don't need those extra two feats and the 15% stacking haste and the better double strike attack are phenomenal.

You're totally right, I completely forgot about Thief-Acrobat enhancements when I was putting that together. That 15% attack speed boost is crazy. I basically approached it as "how can I combine EK and monk" and was basically left with QS as the default weapon of choice, and basically left it at that, rather than saying "What's the best way to make use of a QS?". 12 Monk/6 Wiz/2 Rogue would absolutely be better, and I can see how someone might prefer 6 Monk/12 Wiz/2 Rogue for the Wraith form access. That was easily the build with the least thought put in to it though, and I'd probably prefer to do one of the other ones first honestly.

And seconded for being able to get extra AP instead of EDs. I know some stuff in EDs is really unique...but equally, there's some enhancements it kills me not to take because I just don't have the points.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
I'd seriously trade in permanent access to half the epic destinies for a few more AP points, yeah.

Wraith form staff build sounds interesting and unique! I've been looking for a multiclass staff build and I was pretty let down by druids not being staff centric in the slightest.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Yeah, Necbromancer was the first person I saw doing that. I think he had a 12 Wiz/5 Rogue/3 Monk build. My understanding of it was to spend a lot in Thief-Acrobat to get the tier 5 stuff, 21 point in pale master, and then whatever is left in monk. You can do it using the Shadar-Kai and start at 15 too which is handy.

Perpetual Notion
Nov 17, 2004

Gammon posted:

Yeah, Necbromancer was the first person I saw doing that. I think he had a 12 Wiz/5 Rogue/3 Monk build. My understanding of it was to spend a lot in Thief-Acrobat to get the tier 5 stuff, 21 point in pale master, and then whatever is left in monk. You can do it using the Shadar-Kai and start at 15 too which is handy.

My build with necbromancer was that class layout. I took vault, quick strikes, and the enhancement that improved your staff crit threat range and multiplier then in henshin mystic I went for lighting the candle and the staff attacks. If I were to do anything I think I might drop the rogue and lose trap skills in favor of tier 5 monk, and replace the rogue with 2 or 3 levels of cleric for the divine disciple tree. You gain a fuckload of negative spellpower and negative spellcrit as well as access to heal as a class skill. The basic tradeoff becomes lose trap skills and UMD (if you dont want to be lawful good and take a boatload of extra evil damage its the only way to use sireth) for actual good self heals. I was rather disappointed with my healing ability on necbromancer myself, but then I didn't really have a bunch of endgame gear to boost it either.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Perpetual Notion posted:

I was rather disappointed with my healing ability on necbromancer myself, but then I didn't really have a bunch of endgame gear to boost it either.

This was my biggest concern with your build and why I ended up going 11/6/3 as a warforge and ignoring PM, all the good buffs from wiz, reconstructs, and shadow fade from monk instead of wraith form. With u20, if I can purchase bladeforge after having not pre-order the last expanion, I will probably be ditching the wiz build for paladin since the buffs are all scrollable, but I do prefer the 3ish minute duration on casted haste/displace to the 30s scroll duration.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

Fenris13 posted:

I think my wiz/mnk QS build would need about 60 more ap to spend on racial, mnk and rogue trees before I would start spending them in eldrich knight, there are just so many good enhancements for the build already.

Been thinking more about this - a Shadar-Kai 12 wiz/7 monk/1 rogue would be a nice compromise I think. S-K doesn't have much worth taking, but gets its first level as a rogue and starts at 15 (which is a nice bonus) and the 12 wiz/7 monk lets you get grandmaster of forms via feats, pick up 6 bonus feats in total, a nice balance of hp/sp and you'd be able to max Concentration and Spellcraft for your skills, though Heal would sadly be cross-class. That one level of rogue lets you get the 15% attack speed boost for quarterstaves, and leaving you centred as well. The only real problem with the build is how to spend your AP, and no real options for in-combat healing (7 monk does give you Wholeness of Body though, which is pretty great outside of combat).

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Oh drat, I logged in to do my daily dice and I got my first decent prize!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I got a 100 on my silver daily roll and won a +1 skill tome :(

Woden
May 6, 2006
Rolled 100 on silver 3 or 4 times now, always a +1 tome. Only useful things I ever get from DD are xp/slayer/loot potions.

Edit: oh and U20 can't come soon enough, sitting at level 17 with every quest bar a couple from 13-15 done and some of the 16s but still 350k from rank 91. If this were post u20 I'd be 325k from cap and so would have tons of things to run.

Woden fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 6, 2013

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I think the most useful thing I've ever gotten from daily dice was a couple of raid bypass timers, and a +4 Hide skill tome. That's, uh, about it. I still anticipate my gold roll each week though, which is very strange.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Woden posted:

Edit: oh and U20 can't come soon enough, sitting at level 17 with every quest bar a couple from 13-15 done and some of the 16s but still 350k from rank 91. If this were post u20 I'd be 325k from cap and so would have tons of things to run.

Just go run the Eveningstar Heroic Sagas, they're fun and new(ish) and you should easily hit 20 that way without it being terribly boring. Though it wouldn't surprise me if we saw U20 next week, maybe the week after I guess.

I think my favorite Daily Dice result was getting a free Cosmetic Armor. Was one of the ones I like too, Crimson Royal Outfit. Of course you can't get Cosmetic stuff right now, but I think that's coming back with U20.

Also I decided to use my free LR to do melee in the epic levels, due to throwing in monk late I wasn't able to build things as I would have if I'd started that way, but it's vastly better in epic levels than being a caster was. Pre-Epic I'd guess a caster is still probably better, but it's possible quarterstaff melee could be better for a cleric then too. Being a caster cleric isn't exactly bad in epic levels, but it's underwhelming solo/duo. Even on Epic Hard your DPS against single red named guys is pathetic. It's also difficult to get your Necro and Evoc DCs up enough to reliably land insta kills in EH, and of course it only works on trash mobs not green named things. And if you swap to Draconic or something to get your DPS up a bit, your spell penetration is down 5 points. Whereas I can Blitz up and just destroy a green named guy as a melee, while keeping 80-90% of my healing ability.

I think if I did it again, I'd do either something like Sirgrogs I linked before, or if I wanted to stick with quarterstaves/monks/evasion:

Lawful Neutral, 17 cleric/2 monk/1 rogue

36pt Stats
Str: 16 (level ups here)
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 16

Cleric level skills: Concentration = Heal = UMD > Spellcraft
Monk levels (2 & 3) skills: 1 tumble first level, then as above
Rogue level (19) skills: Max out UMD

Feats
1: Empower Healing, (H) Maximize
2(M): Power Attack
3: Cleave, (M) Two-Handed Fighting
6: Great Cleave
9: Improved Two-Handed Fighting
12: Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
15: Quicken
18: Greater Two-Handed Fighting
21: Overwhelming Critical
24: Free slot, Extend, Dodge, Lightning Reflexes possibly good ones
26: Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting (?)
27: Blinding Speed, or Epic Damage Reduction if you can/want to work Speed into your gear
28: Elusive Target (?)

Endgame Enhancements
Human: Damage Boost, Improved Recovery

Henshin Mystic: Riddle of Fire, Staff Training I & II, Way of the Patient Tortoise, Quick Strike

Thief-Acrobat: Staff Control, Thief-Acrobatics, Staff Training

Radiant Servant: Core up to Improved Empower Healing, Extra Turning, Altruism, Improved Turning, Divine Healing 1, Martyrdom 1, Intense Healing, Endless Turning, Incredible Healing 1, Positive Energy Aura, Reactive Heal

Warpriest: Core up to War Domain: Blur (or Sanctuary if you wanna drop Blur), Divine Might, Sacred Touch (or Toughness) 1, Smite Weakness, Wall of Steel, Inflame, Inflame: Saving Throws, Inflame: Energy Absorption 2, Ameliorating Strike

Endgame Destinies
Legendary Dreadnought: Extra Action Boost, Strength, Improved Power Attack, Momentum Swing, Lay Waste, Critical Damage, Action Boost: Haste 1, Lightning Mace, Advancing Blows, Pulverizer, Master's Blitz - Maybe trade Lightning Mace for Devastating Critical but 15% doublestrike is probably better than another Overwhelming Critical but it does require yet another button to hit.

Twists: Brace for Impact, A Dance of Flowers, Sense Weakness/Grim Precision. Can drop Sense/Grim for Renewal if you need some extra party healing.

----

Not entirely sold on taking rogue so late. I guess you could drop dex down some and maybe go 8 wisdom and pump intelligence up enough to pick up some rogue skills (probably ignoring spellcraft too), but not sure it's really worth it. Would also delay your cleric spells even further.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 7, 2013

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I would consider 2 rogue 1 monk instead for that build, drop thf line and invest two feats into master of forms for one more x1 on 19-20, and with two rogue you can go for poison strikes in assassin.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The enhancements are super super tight as is so I don't think I could fit in Poison Strikes, plus it's yet another attack to hit and this build is super button heavy as is. But yeah 2 rogue might be better overall. Worth considering at least.

Buttons to hit constantly: Cleave, Great Cleave, Smite Foe, Lightning Mace, Quick Strike, Momentum Swing, Lay Waste
Buffs to keep up: Healing Aura, Divine Might, and ideally you'd be keeping up Divine Favor and probably Divine Might
Emergency Buttons: Haste Boost, Damage Boost, Inflame, Sanctuary, Thick Skinned, and of course Heals (Healing Burst, Heal, Mass Heal, Cure Critical)

Ideally I'd like to get in some more Healing Amp from Human but there's no way I can fit in more than 1 rank and keep all the other good stuff. I'd consider dropping Inflame but I really like Ameliorating Strike. The heal from it is solid and the fact that it casts Lesser Restore is fantastic since stuff loves to spam Ray of Enfeeblement or Exhaustion and such.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I meant poison weapon, the 1d8 on each hit, not the gimpy strikes. But yeah, I think if I did a melee cleric I would have to go heavy in one cleric tree not two. Even if you stuck heavy into cleric enhancements, at least with 2rogue/1monk you have a few more build options to experiment with, but I may be biased as I can't take the ithf line after using it a few builds ago and it felt completely wasted.

Woden
May 6, 2006

DemonMage posted:

Just go run the Eveningstar Heroic Sagas, they're fun and new(ish) and you should easily hit 20 that way without it being terribly boring. Though it wouldn't surprise me if we saw U20 next week, maybe the week after I guess.
Yeah that's what I started doing, Wheloon kinda sucks xp/loot wise though but at least it's more enjoyably than IQ or Amrath for the 50th time.

U20 is coming on the 12th of Nov apparently, Turbine did their usual thing of telling Massively instead of posting on the forums. Guess the best thing to do before then is get those EDs up to cap to make TRing a little less painful, no need to cap really as I'll be farming CoVs for a while anyway.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Woden posted:

U20 is coming on the 12th of Nov apparently

That's what I figured. They're pretty drat consistent about doing Updates every 3 months and launching them in the middle of the month. The last 3 have been around the 20th instead, but it's always right around that 15-20th area.

Looking forward to that, free Sireth and significantly better TRing and ERing is all good. Here's to hoping that the IR cache bug sticks around for so long that they're practically forced to make it a feature. Hell other than the Lifestealing nerf, I think it's pretty much an all good patch. Oh and changing it from one free LR per life to one free LR per character =-(

[Edit] Also doing an LR+0 on Lammania they didn't really re-do that interface sadly. There's no way to go back if you gently caress up a level. It's in a cool new place now, but I was hoping for a Character Planner like interface to make sure you get poo poo done right while LRing and less screw ups with +1 and +3 hearts.

[Edit2] On the Two-Handed Fighting line topic, it's definitely one of the things I would drop first in general, but with fully stacked Blitz on this build my glancing blows hit for 100-130 damage with just Improved Two-Handed Fighting, and it's AE that hits your current target as well. If you're able to stand still and have GTHF you're getting glancing blows on 75% of your attacks and they do 50% (60% with Perfect) of your normal attack damage. And 9%(19% with Perfect) chance to proc Holy and all that stuff that's on your weapons for a little bit more damage. With all the way up to Perfect I'd be doing something like 180 extra damage on 75% of my attacks while standing still.

Of course if you're not Blitzing or you're moving around (which you do a lot in general and especially on EE) it's not nearly as useful.

Also you can have fun watching me gently caress up in VoN 1 with my current version of the build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwL037SUt2k

Mistakes: Should have used Earth stance instead of Wind. 2.5% doublestrike is nice, but the extra HP/PRR would have been way more useful. Even with just tier 1 stances.
Used Master's Blitz too early/should have Energy Drained some more. I killed the guy 3-4 seconds after it fades, which makes it significantly harder.
Fire Shield (Warm) would have been good. Polar Ray is what got me in the end. But more short duration buffs, ugh.
Also shows why the Sirgrog version might be better overall, extra PRR, better saves (love those 400+ disintegrates), frees up a Twist.

It's fun though. I wish Blitz let you bypass the Dodge cap, seems kinda silly to have it give +50% when unarmored cap is 25%. EE is always this fun clusterfuck of being perfectly fine and then a few good swings or spells land on you in a row and you're scrambling to try and heal. Not what I'd prefer for the balance, but it's still fun sometimes. And of course I'll be getting some more PRR here in the near future from gear upgrades and getting Sireth (once I unlock it anyways) would give me another 15 PRR, which would significantly cut down on the damage I'm taking. Extra 30 PRR would mean 15.3% less damage or cut 20-25 damage off trash.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 7, 2013

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I am definitely appreciating the massive DPS increase - both overall and single target - once I switched from being unarmed monk to staff monk. Even though I hosed up my build and didn't take Improved Critical initially, and so don't have Overwhelming Critical yet (I will at 27 though), I find the trade off in damage to be worth a bit of a loss in versatility. I also find myself not really using Ki abilities at all anymore, mainly because stuff dies so quickly, but I was almost using the elemental attacks more for the buffs than the damage...and the buffs just generally aren't required anymore.

Has not helped me at all with my build dilemma, but it's a good one to have!

So uh...speculation for U21 yet? :)

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Gammon posted:

So uh...speculation for U21 yet? :)

It'll come out in Feb, possibly when the level cap raises to 30 (though this is probably later), and also including the new raid (featuring the dracolich from the new quests?). Possibly be slightly larger content wise than a normal patch (5+1 raid or maybe 6+1) since this one was so system heavy and only getting two quests. Probably include a new enhancement tree for someone as well.

Producer's Letter posted:

Update 21 (early 2014): A new threat (complete with multiple dragons), and a tribute to a classic Forgotten Realms module.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 7, 2013

Woden
May 6, 2006
Not sure about a new enhancement tree(please be paladin or divine ED) but they've been working on 3 new Iconic races and if you did the survey about the TR changes there were questions about Iconic completionist. So more Iconics are probably on the way.

If you're a THF you should grab Perfect TWF, the 5% doublestrike works for it and should be more DPS than PTHF. If you can though I guess you could take both.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Hmm, yeah I guess that's true actually, I knew it worked but forgot about that when building that earlier. Not sure giving up 5% physical avoid (Elusive Target) is worth 10% glancing blow DPS and 10% glancing blow secondary effects activation rate. It's not listed as Dodge, so in theory it should stack with it. Meaning 25% Dodge + 10% incorp + 50% displacement + 5% elusive target.

Rainbow_Horse
Apr 23, 2002

Hey guys, Rambuss here, been playing around with builds, but I don't know what constitutes bad rear end. If you guys could point out some powerful builds for me to study I'd appreciate that. Anyway, I wanted to make a dexterity based monk dual wielding long swords built around healing aura, divine healing, and various defenses to keep me alive and killing. It's light on skills, but I don't think that will matter much with how focused I tried to make the build. My only question (though I'm sure there are many flaws and foibles) is if I should just take mighty turning over wand mastery considering how few skill points the build has.

code:
Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.02 
DDO Character Planner Home Page  

Level 20 Lawful Neutral Human Male 
(4 Fighter / 9 Monk / 7 Cleric) 
Hit Points: 388 
Spell Points: 343 

BAB: 15/15/20/25/25 
Fortitude: 22 
Reflex: 17 
Will: 17 

Starting    Feat/Enhancement 
Abilities    Base Stats    Modified Stats 
(34 Point)    (Level 1)      (Level 20) 
Strength           11                16 
Dexterity          16                26 
Constitution       18                24 
Intelligence        9                14 
Wisdom             11                16 
Charisma            9                14 

Tomes Used 
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 2 
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2 
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2 
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2 
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2 
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2 
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 5 
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 5 
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 5 
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 5 
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 5 
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 5 
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15 
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15 
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15 
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15 
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15 
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 20 
+5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 20 
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 20 
+5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 20 
+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 20 
+5 Tome of Charisma used at level 20 

Starting      Feat/Enhancement 
             Base Skills  Modified Skills 
Skills       (Level 1)      (Level 20) 
Balance            3              11 
Bluff              -1             2 
Concentration      8              34 
Diplomacy          -1             5 
Disable Device     n/a            n/a 
Haggle             -1             2 
Heal               2              31 
Hide               3              9 
Intimidate         -1             2 
Jump               3              21 
Listen             0              3 
Move Silently      3              9 
Open Lock          n/a            n/a 
Perform            n/a            n/a 
Repair             -1             4 
Search             -1             2 
Spellcraft         -1             2 
Spot               0              3 
Swim               n/a            n/a 
Tumble             4              12 
Use Magic Device   1              13 

Level 1 (Monk) 
Feat: (Selected) Dodge 
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Wizard 
Feat: (Human Bonus) Two Weapon Defense 
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting 

Level 2 (Fighter) 
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting 

Level 3 (Fighter) 
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons 
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Whirling Steel Strike 

Level 4 (Fighter) 

Level 5 (Monk) 
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility 
 Level 6 (Cleric) 
Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms 
Feat: (Deity) Favored by the Sovereign Host 

Level 7 (Cleric) 

Level 8 (Fighter) 
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting 

Level 9 (Cleric) 
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons 

Level 10 (Cleric) 

Level 11 (Cleric) 

Level 12 (Cleric) 
Feat: (Selected) Master of Forms 

Level 13 (Cleric) 

Level 14 (Monk) 
Feat: (Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light 

Level 15 (Monk) 
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting 

Level 16 (Monk) 

Level 17 (Monk) 
Feat: (Monk Bonus) Iron Will 

Level 18 (Monk) 
Feat: (Selected) Grandmaster of Forms 

Level 19 (Monk) 

Level 20 (Monk) 
Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Constitution (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Human - Self-Sufficient (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Human - Self-Sufficient (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Human - Ambidexterity (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Human - Ambidexterity (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Human - Ambidexterity (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Healing Domain (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Extra Turning (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Wand Mastery (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Altruism (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Improved Turning (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Healing (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Healing (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Divine Healing (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Intense Healing (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Endless Turning (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Radiant Servant (Clr) - Positive Energy Aura (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Smite Foe (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Toughness (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (CClr) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Warpriest (Clr) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Bastion of Purity (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Protection from Tainted Creatures (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Hand (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Deft Strikes (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Shintao (Mnk) - Iron Skin (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Ninja Training (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Stealthy (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 2) 
Enhancement: Ninja Spy (Mnk) - Acrobatic (Rank 3) 
Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Kensei Focus: Heavy Blades (Rank 1) 
Enhancement: Kensei (Ftr) - Haste Boost (Rank 1) 
In other news, turbine refunded a mistaken purchase I made and left the item I bought on accident in my inventory. Free +3 supreme ability tome for me.

Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 8, 2013

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
- Two weapon defence is worthless. Drop it.
- Try and get your base strength (including tome bonuses) to 14 so you can take Power Attack.
- You'll get Adept of Forms as a free feat when you hit monk level 6. Try and fit in your monk levels earlier so you can take Master at 12 or 15 (12 is preferable) and Grandmaster at 18.
- Do you actually have +5 ability tomes for everything? If not, you should adjust your build around what you do have (sounds like you have +3 tomes).
- Unless you have a really good reason, be Lawful Good, not Lawful Neutral.
- 18 Con is a bit hit to start with considering 8 is your base. Might be better off dropping down to 16 or 15, and putting those extra points in to strength (even if Dex is going to be used for your hit/damage modifiers) so you can qualify for feats and not be totally ruined by Rays of Enfeeblement. Extra Wisdom will help with Will saves and also your AC and some DCs, not to mention spell points.
- If you're using Ki abilities at all, the tier 2 monk stuff which adds to concentration, saves and a bonus of some kind are amazing.
- As a non-pure cleric, your turning ability will be poo poo. Don't even worry about it.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!

Gammon posted:

- Unless you have a really good reason, be Lawful Good, not Lawful Neutral.

Here's a really good reason that applies to everyone. By going good you open yourself up to taking a crapton more damage and a negative level from some really great weapons/items. You're usually better off going neutral and just UMDing stuff.

Noricae
Nov 19, 2004

cheese?
Yeah, definitely neutral all the way unless a class requires one or the other (Lawful in this case). I learned that the hard way. Oh boy, 10 con lawful good rogue first life.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah having Good in your alignment makes you take significantly more damage in the Desert and Gianthold in particular, due to them using Unholy weapons.
Generally speaking be True Neutral unless you're taking a monk level, in which case you need to be Lawful Neutral, unless you're taking a paladin level in which case you need to be Lawful Good.

quote:

- As a non-pure cleric, your turning ability will be poo poo. Don't even worry about it.

You still want Improved Turning and Extra Turning from enhancements due to needing them to get Endless Turns, which powers a number of cleric related abilities, but yeah don't worry about taking Mighty.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 8, 2013

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Wow, ok, shows what I know. Had no idea about the Good aligned characters taking more damage from certain mobs. I was more thinking of needing to be good in order to use certain weapons i.e. Sireth because I just don't have the skill points or charisma to get my UMD high enough.

Woden
May 6, 2006
If you're planning on using one of the divine EDs going good alignment can make some sense, Blessed Blades from EA gives your alignment to your weapons and Anoint Weapons from US gives +2d6 vs evil. I wish there was more of a reason to go LG but it's still generally a bad move.

Just soloed EE The Lost Thread at level 20 on my monk abomination, was pretty fun. Only soloed the second half though as the Sorc I was with had to AFK at the lever part, but I had to do the tough stuff like the end fight alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Anyone got any suggestions for the end fight of Thrill of the Hunt? 300+ damage chain hits on EH will wreck you really fast, especially since the guy starts/stops his chain constantly. Not remotely worth the effort as is.

• Locked thread