Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I like their work up to Make Believe. What does that make me?

One of my favorite experiences in life will be driving through a toll booth, and hearing the operator singing out "Beverly Hills" at the top of his lungs. Frankly, I could die now knowing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I went to the Desaparecidos concert in Chicago this weekend. It loving ruled, and I picked up a bunch of vinyl at the show. If I had known how much the Te Amo Camila Vallejo 7" was going for I probably would have bought a bunch more and flipped them, but oh well. The concert was insane. They played all of Read Music Speak Spanish, and most of their new singles. The crowd had so much energy. Desa brought out their opener (The So-So Glows) for the encore, and they all did a cover of Spanish Bombs. It was mind blowing.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Guys, I think I have a New Order problem.

In there is a still sealed Factory pressing of Low-Life and that poo poo is getting buried with me when/if I die.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

This turned up yesterday (or possibly the day before):

It's a really nice piece and came in perfect condition (shipped from the UK to Japan). There still are a bunch left if my number is anything to go by, but it is a run of only 500 so if anyone likes the look it if then it would be best to get in soon, I suspect.

http://www.erasedtapes.com/store/index/ERATP050

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

HD DAD posted:

In there is a still sealed Factory pressing of Low-Life and that poo poo is getting buried with me when/if I die.

Where's yr copy of Power Corruption + Lies

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Chill Callahan posted:

Where's yr copy of Power Corruption + Lies

Sadly non-existent. I've had a fuckton of opportunities to pick it up, but it's always been when I've been trying to save money. I know, I'm the worst fan, especially since that's my fav album of theirs.

Yes, I have a promo copy of Murder, but not PCL. I have it on cassette?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

HD DAD posted:

I didn't manage to wrangle all this coolness, but last night I did pick up a German first pressing of Closer by Joy Division.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Nothing like getting a nice new record after a short hiatus for financial reasons.

The Residents - The Tunes of Two Cities

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

camoseven posted:

I went to the Desaparecidos concert in Chicago this weekend. It loving ruled, and I picked up a bunch of vinyl at the show. If I had known how much the Te Amo Camila Vallejo 7" was going for I probably would have bought a bunch more and flipped them, but oh well. The concert was insane. They played all of Read Music Speak Spanish, and most of their new singles. The crowd had so much energy. Desa brought out their opener (The So-So Glows) for the encore, and they all did a cover of Spanish Bombs. It was mind blowing.

Holy poo poo. I ordered all the 7"s as they came out, no idea they were worth anything.

The Desa live show I saw was also loving incredible, they had Joyce Manor opening for them.

My only complaint is that they didn't play What's New For Fall.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Solaris OST is up at Invada. I'm gonna hope Amazon comes through.

http://invadarecords.bigcartel.com/

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Midnight tonight is the deadline for the 18th Third Man Vault Package (Racontuers / Dead Weather stuff)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Doom fans in the UK, or those willing to pay international shipping: Feast Of Tentacles is having a 30%-off sale until tomorrow for orders of £25 or more.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Does anyone know where I can get an In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, by Coheed and Cambria on vinyl for under $1k?

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.

Xandoom posted:

Does anyone know where I can get an In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, by Coheed and Cambria on vinyl for under $1k?

I just checked discogs.
The Blue/Grey is going for $275, the Clear is going for $375, the Black is going for $475, and they don't seem to have any Orange/White pressings.
http://www.discogs.com/Coheed-And-Cambria-In-Keeping-Secrets-of-Silent-Earth-3/release/4844793
http://www.discogs.com/Coheed-And-Cambria-In-Keeping-Secrets-Of-Silent-Earth-3/release/3298414
http://www.discogs.com/Coheed-And-Cambria-In-Keeping-Secrets-Silent-Earth-3/release/1633094

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Me in Reverse posted:

Holy poo poo. I ordered all the 7"s as they came out, no idea they were worth anything.

The Desa live show I saw was also loving incredible, they had Joyce Manor opening for them.

My only complaint is that they didn't play What's New For Fall.

My only complaint is that a bunch of fights broke out in the crowd. It was bizarre.

I just looked into the Camila 7", and they are still in stock on the official Desa webstore. That Discogs listing is kinda silly right now. If the other 7"s are any guide, though, it'll start going for at least triple the original price once they sell out.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
I'm looking for a vinyl copy of John Coltrane, Newport 1963.

Any insights?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
e. gently caress it nm

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 1, 2013

Waltermelon
Feb 28, 2011
I Started putting my records into a excel/access database. Turns out my naked lady copy of Electric Ladyland is from Spain...How it got to the middle of Canada is beyond me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Putting old cassettes in my tape player (probably haven't been played in 5 or 10 years) won't gently caress up my player will it?

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

I was on my way to meet people the other day and saw these:

I dismissed the copy of 'Loveless' as it was too cheap and I remembered something about a lovely release that I should be avoiding. Looked it up and that's the Plain Records one, but the one in the shop was the original Creation release from '91. Luckily it was still there when I went back. So happy to have this, listening to it now and ooh.

The copy of 'Mutations' is the one with the 7" with 'Diamond Bollocks' and 'Runners Dial Zero' on it. The latter is one of my favourites from this album so was psyched to find that.

Also got Supergrass' 'I Should Coco' for nostalgic reasons and 'We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank' by Modest Mouse because Modest Mouse.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Would any Brisbane goons be interested in buying some of my records? I realised a couple weeks ago that I have a lot of albums I don't actually listen to and I've kinda run out of space on my shelf, so I've got poo poo lying around on my bench and floor that I need to make room for. I'd sell them for a reasonable price and would consider offers on most of the stuff I have (Porcupine Tree, Jakob and King Crimson are probably off limits though). If anyone is interested send me a PM or something, I can give you a link to a list/discogs collection or whatever

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Got bored, decided to take photos of my small collection.

And my favorites from my tape collection!

Sorry about the horrible iphone quality photos.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Paper With Lines posted:

I'm looking for a vinyl copy of John Coltrane, Newport 1963.

Any insights?

That was a CD-era release, so no LP. If you buy http://www.discogs.com/John-Coltrane-Selflessness-Featuring-My-Favorite-Things/release/1040836 and http://www.discogs.com/John-Coltrane-Bye-Bye-Blackbird/release/1178876, you'll have the Newport 63 stuff from the CD on vinyl.

chime_on fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 1, 2013

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Does anyone have any experience with the Grado 100 or 200 DJ cartridges? I've been using Ortofon Concordes for all my jockey duties for a while, but the stylus on one of mine has worn out and I've been looking for alternatives.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
Just picked up the album this killer track is on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HQaBWziYvY great buy I think. Got it at a yard sale.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

shmee posted:

I was on my way to meet people the other day and saw these:

I dismissed the copy of 'Loveless' as it was too cheap and I remembered something about a lovely release that I should be avoiding. Looked it up and that's the Plain Records one, but the one in the shop was the original Creation release from '91. Luckily it was still there when I went back. So happy to have this, listening to it now and ooh.

The copy of 'Mutations' is the one with the 7" with 'Diamond Bollocks' and 'Runners Dial Zero' on it. The latter is one of my favourites from this album so was psyched to find that.

Also got Supergrass' 'I Should Coco' for nostalgic reasons and 'We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank' by Modest Mouse because Modest Mouse.

I hate you for actually finding a copy of Mutations in a store.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Does anyone here have Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works II on brown vinyl? Two of the discs in mine are opaque which is what I was expecting, but disc 2 is translucent and looks wicked:

Is this pretty common or have I got some awesome anomaly?

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Hi, I just want to say that I hate you for being able to get a copy of Mellow Gold for cheap. And presumably for finding it in an actual store too.

CPL593H posted:

I hate you for actually finding a copy of Mutations in a store.

I feel, for transparency, I should point out that I also found a copy of 'Odelay' in a store a while ago, and bought it, but don't think I mentioned it here.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

bowmore posted:

Got bored, decided to take photos of my small collection.

And my favorites from my tape collection!

Sorry about the horrible iphone quality photos.

I've never heard Scrambles on vinyl, is the first track at half volume like the digital version? I always thought it was kinda cool the way they did that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

shmee posted:

I feel, for transparency, I should point out that I also found a copy of 'Odelay' in a store a while ago, and bought it, but don't think I mentioned it here.

How do you keep doing this?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

I've never heard Scrambles on vinyl, is the first track at half volume like the digital version? I always thought it was kinda cool the way they did that.
Yeah it's awesome. Also the packaging is great, very unique.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

The mailman misdelivered my purchase of the ~$100 Hot Snakes - Audit in Progress, and I've been in a deep and terrible funk ever since.

So much so that I went out and bought a pair of Focal 705s. Nice speakers.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

CPL593H posted:

How do you keep doing this?

I walk home past a record shop which has a vinyl section which seems to only have two other types of customers, those who are buying the entire Beatles back catalogue and those who are selling the entire Beatles back catalogue. I'm not really joking either, though I did see someone with everything by The Rolling Stones the other day. For those who are interested, it's the Disk Union by Ochanimizu JR station - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diskunion-%E3%81%8A%E8%8C%B6%E3%81%AE%E6%B0%B4%E9%A7%85%E5%89%8D%E5%BA%97/189345221097690. This is where I found a Japanese copy of 'Nighthawks at the Diner' by Tom Waits which, despite being 28 years old looks basically unplayed.

The other one I go to has the sort of people who flick at top speed through the 60s and 70s sections buying nothing but making dismissive noises periodically. It's the Disk Union in Ikebukuro - http://diskunion.net/shop/ct/ikebukuro.

These are where I found my Becks, but no sign of 'Midnite Vultures' yet (at least, not that I can remember) but they did have a copy of the 12" of 'Sexx Laws' in the Ikebukuro one a while ago.

Records are usually in alright condition at either of those (though the copy of 'Moon Safari' I bought is scratched to buggery), but if I go to the Jazz store on the main street in Ochanomizu, everything I get there is always dirt cheap and in immaculate condition. That's the Ochanomizu Jazz Disk Union store - http://diskunion.net/shop/ct/jazz_tokyo. I basically bought everything I wanted by Miles Davis in one session there for very little, and it all plays great.

So basically, if you are in that part of Japan, you could do far worse than have a look in any of these. Try to go during the week though unless you like people in tweed casual jackets pushing into you, trying to see what you are looking at, and/or tutting.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

shmee posted:

I walk home past a record shop which has a vinyl section which seems to only have two other types of customers, those who are buying the entire Beatles back catalogue and those who are selling the entire Beatles back catalogue. I'm not really joking either, though I did see someone with everything by The Rolling Stones the other day. For those who are interested, it's the Disk Union by Ochanimizu JR station - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diskunion-%E3%81%8A%E8%8C%B6%E3%81%AE%E6%B0%B4%E9%A7%85%E5%89%8D%E5%BA%97/189345221097690. This is where I found a Japanese copy of 'Nighthawks at the Diner' by Tom Waits which, despite being 28 years old looks basically unplayed.

The other one I go to has the sort of people who flick at top speed through the 60s and 70s sections buying nothing but making dismissive noises periodically. It's the Disk Union in Ikebukuro - http://diskunion.net/shop/ct/ikebukuro.

These are where I found my Becks, but no sign of 'Midnite Vultures' yet (at least, not that I can remember) but they did have a copy of the 12" of 'Sexx Laws' in the Ikebukuro one a while ago.

Records are usually in alright condition at either of those (though the copy of 'Moon Safari' I bought is scratched to buggery), but if I go to the Jazz store on the main street in Ochanomizu, everything I get there is always dirt cheap and in immaculate condition. That's the Ochanomizu Jazz Disk Union store - http://diskunion.net/shop/ct/jazz_tokyo. I basically bought everything I wanted by Miles Davis in one session there for very little, and it all plays great.

So basically, if you are in that part of Japan, you could do far worse than have a look in any of these. Try to go during the week though unless you like people in tweed casual jackets pushing into you, trying to see what you are looking at, and/or tutting.

I was actually going to ask if you're in Japan because that's where most copies of those albums seem to come from. I'm in the US and have asked several record store owners if they've even seen copies of those and the answer is a universal "no".

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.
I've noticed the Japan thing, too (I've seen lots of 90s-00s rarities in Japan on eBay) but my question is, why do so many end up there? :iiam:

Also, here are my recent pickups:

All are original, although the Ride, while on Creation, doesn't have the embossed sleeve. I'll certainly take it for the price, though. I'm also not even sure whether I like the Swervedriver (never heard it). I'll have to give it a spin.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

izationalizer posted:

I've noticed the Japan thing, too (I've seen lots of 90s-00s rarities in Japan on eBay) but my question is, why do so many end up there? :iiam:

Also, here are my recent pickups:

All are original, although the Ride, while on Creation, doesn't have the embossed sleeve. I'll certainly take it for the price, though. I'm also not even sure whether I like the Swervedriver (never heard it). I'll have to give it a spin.

Swervedriver is great, and that record is difficult to find. Good score.

I'm super jealous

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Just got my US copy of Uzu yesterday. Whoever said that the grey swirl vinyl would be ugly was so very, very wrong.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

That was me, and I stand by that grey vinyl/concrete vinyl looks awful but I'm willing to assume that Yamantaka // Sonic Titan has made it work. They make most things work so why not that.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

WASDF posted:

That was me, and I stand by that grey vinyl/concrete vinyl looks awful but I'm willing to assume that Yamantaka // Sonic Titan has made it work. They make most things work so why not that.

It's less grey and more of a silvery swirly deal. I think it's quite pretty.

Edit: It's definitely a lot less drab-looking than the promo pic makes it seem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

izationalizer posted:

I actually know the reason for this. Back in the 90s when the vinyl market died down it was still really big over there.