Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I have so much fun running between Mors Mutual and the impound lot burning vehicles.

I'm getting faster at it too. Half the time I can kill someone and just have enough time to start burning their vehicle before they get back to me.

I really wish we could carry more than 1 jerry can. Let me hold 10 in my car trunk!

A full fireman crew came out to stop my fires. They made it to the car just in time to explode with it. I then set their firetruck on fire. I have a problem...

Also, I've started killing my mechanic each time he fucks up, which is happening a lot more.
I mean, what the gently caress:

20-point turn to escape.

Edit: Actually, aside from wishing that you could carry more jerry cans, I wish the trail wouldn't disapear so quickly. I always try to string two cars together and ignite them at the same time but the trail on one always disapears. :(

Edit 2: VVVVV Yep, as long as you cover the cars in gas (jump on top of the car and pour it on the roof/hood/engine and around the car) then light it with your car's back-fire. They are then charged for the insurance and no bad points for you. Everyone wins.

A c E fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Does burning cars this way not hit your wallet?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Hiding yourself from radar really helps to confuse people. A pubby was hunting me for my 1k bounty in a buzzard. I hid in the warehouse at the docks that has the sub. Jumped in the sub, hide from radar, and motor out of there. He thought I left the game until I popped up again behind him.

I called in Mercs on someone who was just standing in the street, apparently he was away. The mercs drove straight past him once and then Merryweather gave me a call and said my target couldn't be found. The Mercs seem to have the same pathing issues as the mechanic.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Funso Banjo posted:

So long as you don't directly set a trail on fire with guns, yes. You can also have another goon shoot a trail or can and it'll explode without penalty to either of you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

JAssassin posted:

It should be 50. It's really bizarre though, he won't take money from your bank account, he only takes cash on hand.

And in my experience at least, if you have exactly enough money for the mugger, he still won't do it. You have to have more than the price; not sure exactly how much more, though.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

So long as you don't directly set a trail on fire with guns, yes. You can also have another goon shoot a trail or can and it'll explode without penalty to either of you.

Well gently caress. That would save me some time.

I'm still looking for more people to roll with in free roam, if you want to piss off pubbies with me on Xbox, add Matazar.

I'm on most evenings from 19:00 - 01:00, Eastern Time US/Canada(GMT -5 Hours).

I did have a blast with those of you who came along for a ride last night, even though I wasn't using my mic. It's hard to communicate that way though. We need to develop a car horn language, especially since goons are spread through multiple crews.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

This doesn't always happen for some reason. Most of the time it doesn't give either of you a penalty but a couple of times its given me a penalty and insurance fees for shooting another goons trail.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ZombieReagan posted:

Reenact the Teinemen Square protest at the midtown LSC?

Somebody get on that. Thanks in advance.

BSH is extra annoying because you get mission invites from people in it, without any notification that you can't actually join them. On the plus side I did learn that accepting a mission prompted me to pay Lester and remove my wanted level automatically. Then when I got bounced out of coyo7e's BSH race I ended up back in the store I was robbing without any wanted level at all. (and a very scared NPC clerk).

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I just had the greatest race. Me and 4 pubbies were racing The Commute with customs, and I managed to smoke them in 2 races back-to-back with custom supers and motorcycles (on a loving Hexer no less). The host, thinking he could outrace me by setting an obscure category, set the next race for custom offroad. Little did he know I had a tricked-out Canis Bodhi... and everyone else chose sanchez bikes. :getin:

Now, I normally try to race somewhat clean, but it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I proceeded to channel Trevor and drive like I had an irrational hatred of motorcycles. Every time they tried to pass me I'd ram them into the barriers, crash them headfirst into medians, or just straight up run them over while laying on my truck horn. It was a massacre and I was laughing like a maniac the whole time. After running the host off the road right before the finish line, he kicked me from the next race and I laughed even harder. Best. Race. Ever.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Can anybody give more specific details about where to find a taco truck other than "off the highway outside of Grapeseed"? It's impossible to find and literally nobody else on the internet has talked about it.

MUNG
Apr 8, 2003

I'm about to buy my first apartment. Gonna go for Weazel Plaza or Tinsel Towers. Any difference between them apart from location? Same amount of entrances etc?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Ara posted:

Can anybody give more specific details about where to find a taco truck other than "off the highway outside of Grapeseed"? It's impossible to find and literally nobody else on the internet has talked about it.

It seems to have a really low spawn rate. I think I've seen maybe 2 online. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing one of them around the maze bank/FIB buildings downtown.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

MUNG posted:

I'm about to buy my first apartment. Gonna go for Weazel Plaza or Tinsel Towers. Any difference between them apart from location? Same amount of entrances etc?

I don't know about Tinsel Towers but Weazel Plaza is good for getting a helicopter in there but would be garbage to live in, there's a goddamn palm tree to veer around so you can't just go careening into the garage.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

It seems to have a really low spawn rate. I think I've seen maybe 2 online. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing one of them around the maze bank/FIB buildings downtown.

Thanks, I'm totally sure I've NEVER seen one online.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Okay, I give up on the taco truck. Has anyone successfully gotten a HVY Dump into a garage? I have one from Pegasus but they deliver it to the racetrack half the time, where it is literally impossible to get out. I saw a picture of one in a garage (the whole thing was decimated), but I've failed to get it in myself. I can't even get the door stuck open, which I had no problem doing for the Buzzard.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Funso Banjo posted:

I made some pubbie set his own Adder on fire earlier and it didn't cost me anything when it exploded.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Ara posted:

Okay, I give up on the taco truck. Has anyone successfully gotten a HVY Dump into a garage? I have one from Pegasus but they deliver it to the racetrack half the time, where it is literally impossible to get out. I saw a picture of one in a garage (the whole thing was decimated), but I've failed to get it in myself. I can't even get the door stuck open, which I had no problem doing for the Buzzard.

It drives over those race track rails easily. I had a lot of fun getting it out of there while goons in ATVs followed me around. I almost squished them several times then a goon accidentally exploded me by exploding a cop car. It was good times. I was hoping they'd ramp onto the truck but oh well.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

A c E posted:

It drives over those race track rails easily. I had a lot of fun getting it out of there while goons in ATVs followed me around. I almost squished them several times then a goon accidentally exploded me by exploding a cop car. It was good times. I was hoping they'd ramp onto the truck but oh well.

I tried to get it over 3 times and got stuck with tires on both sides spinning in the air every time. Guess I'll try to find a different place to get it over.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Just fyi you can drunk skydive in this game. I did it yesterday and it was a loving blast.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

thompson posted:

Just fyi you can drunk skydive in this game. I did it yesterday and it was a loving blast.

Wait, how? Just quick-drink a bunch of beers before you jump?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

How do you pick things up with the Cargobob? Also, how do you finish "Landing Strip" without the plane blowing up? Tried it a few times with a goon and a pubbie and we landed the plane farther down the landing strip and enemy jeeps would blow it up.

I'm in "Sinking Feeling" with some pubbie right now who refuses to finish the mission.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

UnknownMercenary posted:

How do you pick things up with the Cargobob? Also, how do you finish "Landing Strip" without the plane blowing up? Tried it a few times with a goon and a pubbie and we landed the plane farther down the landing strip and enemy jeeps would blow it up.

I'm in "Sinking Feeling" with some pubbie right now who refuses to finish the mission.

If this is the one I'm thinking of, I did it last night with a friend. He is an actual pubbie, and I play so badly that the only distinction between me and them is my goon crew tag. This is how we did it:

He drove my armored Buccaneer down to the beach where you steal the plane. I took cover behind the rusted van that overlooks the beach. I popped out and took out two guys real quick to draw their attention while he drove up and sticky bombed their cars. He drove off, and while they were focused on him I did clean-up with the carbine without having to leave the cover of the wrecked van. Once they were all dead, he flew the plane and I drove my car.

He circled the airfield while waiting for me to drive there. Once I got close, he made his approach. While he was landing / taxiing, I was ramming the enemy SUVs and leading them on a chase around the airfield. With them occupied, he was able to taxi to the marker and finish the mission.

We did it in free aim even though my friend never plays free aim and cried about it, and as mentioned before I am loving terrible at videogame. You should be able to pull it off with 2 or 3 people.

E: I think it's right d-pad to deploy the Cargobob magnet hook thing.

titties fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 3, 2013

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Press right on the d-pad to lower the carbobob's chain. Lower it onto the roof of a car and it should lock on automatically. You can't drag it across the roof to lock it into place, it has to be one smooth motion as you come down.

For 'Landing Strip', just leave one person in the plane and let everyone else skydive down to clear the airport.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Found a cargobob. Picked up my car with it and have been hanging out in the stratosphere until this bounty wears off. Pubbies want this bounty then they gotta earn it.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I double checked the location where I found my taco truck and it did respawn a new one.

It is located on a farm with a small construction site just off the freeway near the entrance to Grapeseed. It is right beside the grain elevators. If you see migrant workers in the farm field, the truck should show up.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

My buddy said he got a warning for this last night after igniting a trail I did. I've heard otherwise though, so go figure.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

THE MACHO MAN posted:

My buddy said he got a warning for this last night after igniting a trail I did. I've heard otherwise though, so go figure.

Ok, so I will keep with the car back firing then. I've destroyed about a 200 cars so far and no warnings yet. I hope they won't be able to patch that out ever.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Aardmania posted:

I double checked the location where I found my taco truck and it did respawn a new one.

It is located on a farm with a small construction site just off the freeway near the entrance to Grapeseed. It is right beside the grain elevators. If you see migrant workers in the farm field, the truck should show up.

I'm betting these only show up at lunchtime..

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Wait, how? Just quick-drink a bunch of beers before you jump?

Yeah fly a helicopter to the top of the maze bank building. Stand on the edge and drink 10 pisswaters. Procede to jump.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Ara posted:

I don't know about Tinsel Towers but Weazel Plaza is good for getting a helicopter in there but would be garbage to live in, there's a goddamn palm tree to veer around so you can't just go careening into the garage.
This is patently false.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
You could always glitch your cars into one garage, and then buy a new (more livable) place and have them transported over.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
How do I get my care into the impound lot to light the gas with the backfire? The gates won't open.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

How do I get my care into the impound lot to light the gas with the backfire? The gates won't open.

There's multi-level parking lot next to the impound lot. Drive to the very top, there's a ramp. Take it slowly and you will get in. The cops won't come after you either.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

ElwoodCuse posted:

Get impounded, or go into the parking garage direclty behind it. On the roof is a ramp. Just go slow and you'll drop right in.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
The little alleyway behind the wall of the impound lot has an upward slope. Just walk up it a bit and you'll be able to climb over the wall.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

frontlineKHAAAN! posted:

I would like an insured tank in my garage. I am not level 70 nor do I wish to pay for one (and I realise that buying one doesn't put one in your garage). I'm not even sure I know where to jack a tank.

What is the easiest/best way to go about this?

I used this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGElLHdkEI

Tanks spawned immediately about half the time for me. The other times I had to fire on Jeeps and wait out the wanted level a couple times before they started to show up. Be careful driving it back to town as cars and cops will randomly speed into you and get blown-up getting you a 2-3 star almost immediately

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

ReverendDre posted:

I used this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGElLHdkEI

Tanks spawned immediately about half the time for me. The other times I had to fire on Jeeps and wait out the wanted level a couple times before they started to show up. Be careful driving it back to town as cars and cops will randomly speed into you and get blown-up getting you a 2-3 star almost immediately

Excellent, I'll give that a try tomorrow, thank you.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

este posted:

The little alleyway behind the wall of the impound lot has an upward slope. Just walk up it a bit and you'll be able to climb over the wall.

I usually park my car against one of the two gates, and then walk to wall on the incline mentioned in this post to climb over. Then, I go to the gate, it opens, and I have a very generous window of time and space to get into my car and drive it into the lot. You won't get stars unless you get into an impounded personal vehicle into the lot or a steal a NPC vehicle in there. Also, the police will just watch you start pouring gas on the cars but they won't do anything about it. If you're really lucky, the victim might come by and start shooting up the place once he or she realizes what is happening. If that happens, you have backup and you can take cover until he or she is dead from shooting up a police station.

crazysim fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 3, 2013

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Goddamn, will a lowered suspension help keep my merrywhether jeep upright in races? It's hilariously unstable.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Can somebody link the post that had the spreadsheets in it that were made regarding which cars can have which mods? And maybe put it in the OP? It is super useful and now I can't find it anywhere! :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dravs posted:

Can somebody link the post that had the spreadsheets in it that were made regarding which cars can have which mods? And maybe put it in the OP? It is super useful and now I can't find it anywhere! :smith:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AlAywQHOmmOsdGJaa0I4QnVaVmdtdmlxM1JUUk12dVE&output=html

• Locked thread