Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Ah, right. Well if that's the case, if you ever get the conflict thing after restarting, i think hitting cancel will continue with the synching process but will overwrite your "stored" Facebook progress with the one you're currently on.

The menus and option could really do with a bit of an overhaul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Just added my fake Facebook to the spreadsheet, hopefully this works since I accidentally linked the app to my regular facebook yesterday...

https://www.facebook.com/scsaunde2

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

Added myself to the spreadsheet. Be my real marvel puzzle quest fake facebook friends, pls.

https://www.facebook.com/scott.vicks.7

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I just started playing thanks to this thread. This is a fun game.

I'm trying to get Thor and Classic Storm from the campaign missions right now. I played them about 7 times in a row and all I got is 20 ISO drops. I've also been cascaded more times than I care to admit. I'm sad (but in a happy way).

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
The game keeps bugging out when I try and to log in to Facebook on my phone, but I hope to be putting my name on that spreadsheet soon :O

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Anyone know if we're getting more red iso rounds before the event ends?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Today's last batch of Unstable ISO missions should be interesting. Someone already got the X-Force Wolverine at 5000 ( :stare: ), and 15th through 17th are within four points of each other for that blue Iron Man 40 cover.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I've been getting the daily log in bonus every day since it started and there's a red Thor cover tomorrow, so you'll have one coming your way from that at least.

Just saw on their website there's a splash image with heroes and villains we've encountered already, save for one... Hulk. I don't know how he'd fit in a Brotherhood story arc, but its got me really hoping he's going to show up soon.

I just got that Thor cover this morning. Bitch and you shall receive! Now he can get up to level 53.

Yeah, this Venom Tourney isn't full of pushovers like the other ones. Ragnarok isn't the main worry anymore and both Storms can be downright cunts.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if they are going to replace that one red iso repeatable event in the last 12 hours. I'm at 8, and I'm fine with that. The person in first has over 1k more points than me though, and I have no idea how that happened short of grinding nearly nonstop. The points are stored server side and aren't readily hackable.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Every single person in my tier of the tournament has Iron Man/Black Widow Modern or Iron Man/Classic Storm, at least 10 levels higher than my current team.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
So obviously a lot of you other Goons are able to use fake FB accounts with this, is there some arcane procedure you have to use on the iPhone?

My wife started playing yesterday, she made a new FB, logged in on the phone, it linked up fine supposedly...but then when you change the phone settings back to the main account, PQ seems to forget all that and try incessantly to use her main account instead.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Kharmakazy posted:

I wonder if they are going to replace that one red iso repeatable event in the last 12 hours. I'm at 8, and I'm fine with that. The person in first has over 1k more points than me though, and I have no idea how that happened short of grinding nearly nonstop. The points are stored server side and aren't readily hackable.

There was an exploit at the beginning where you could set your time ahead on the calendar and some of the time-based missions would unlock, but it wouldn't explain people getting that far ahead. There are some people I've found on the MPQ forums who are running three separate teams into the repeatable missions constantly.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

vibratingsheep posted:

There was an exploit at the beginning where you could set your time ahead on the calendar and some of the time-based missions would unlock, but it wouldn't explain people getting that far ahead. There are some people I've found on the MPQ forums who are running three separate teams into the repeatable missions constantly.

Ugh. I did the Ragnarok & Moonstone & Hammer mission three times - got 3x20 ISO for my troubles! - and already felt like I was wasting my time, I can't imagine grinding that thing over and over.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hmmph. Guess there won't be one last batch of Unstable missions after all.

I can get to the 2500 point reward, I just have to beat the Ragnarok repeatable... um... forty-four more times in eleven hours. Probably better spending my time and effort staying in that 100-500 bracket in Venom.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Yeah, I'm 29 away from 2000 and that sweet sweet yellow Spidey, but... I don't think it's worth it.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

If you upgrade Venom's Devour to level 5, do you still have the ability to eat one target for 5 webs, or is it only full team for 8?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I can literally go no further in the red Iso8 event. I'm at 1005 points, #220 in my bracket, and there is a single open mission involving Venom and 2 level 70 Spies that I can't even begin to touch. I have still never seen a repeatable mission in this event unless it just happens to be this one today. All the others are locked with a "Mission completed" thing over them.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Erebus posted:

If you upgrade Venom's Devour to level 5, do you still have the ability to eat one target for 5 webs, or is it only full team for 8?

It's both.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

I just managed to connect Marvel Puzzle Quest to my ipad instead of my iphone and have added that to the spreadsheet, but all of my progress is on my phone and I need to hook that up ASAP. :/

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is there a mission that gives you Storm's Raging Tempest? I can't seem to get it, like.. anywhere.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Is there a mission that gives you Storm's Raging Tempest? I can't seem to get it, like.. anywhere.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235 According to this, it comes from Black Widow Imposter now.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Here is a page on the game's official forum with the listing of every location. It looks like the level Black Widow Imposter in the Venom chapter has one of each classic Storm.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Woo! Made myself a shiny new FB account and then my phone went and linked my old one automatically in the name of convenience, I guess! :buddy: Messaged support, and should they ever get it straightened out for me, I'll add myself to the list.

grayb
Jan 18, 2008
It took a bloody iPad game to force me to create a facebook account. But I started playing a couple of days ago and need my iso fix dammit!

https://www.facebook.com/feik.neim.9

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

New Leaf posted:

I can literally go no further in the red Iso8 event. I'm at 1005 points, #220 in my bracket, and there is a single open mission involving Venom and 2 level 70 Spies that I can't even begin to touch. I have still never seen a repeatable mission in this event unless it just happens to be this one today. All the others are locked with a "Mission completed" thing over them.

The repeatable mission(s) were always the hardest ones in each set, so yes, it's the Venom one. If you beat that, it turns into the repeatable mission, which for the last two days has been HAMMER Commander L120, Ragnarok L97 and Moonstone L85.

For 8 Red ISOs.

Enjoy!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Woke up and got pummeled down to 1000-ish overnight, from my 200-ish spot. :negative:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On the plus side, the difference between #1200 and #200 is about two hundred points, and there are LOTS of people bundled around that 550-750 point range, so it's easy to climb back up. Getting in that Bullseye Purple range and staying there will require more persistence than anything else.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

The PvP interface seems to be randomly wrong about the opposing team's composition. Taking on a Spidey with a L1 blue web is very different from L5, game!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

delfin posted:

On the plus side, the difference between #1200 and #200 is about two hundred points, and there are LOTS of people bundled around that 550-750 point range, so it's easy to climb back up. Getting in that Bullseye Purple range and staying there will require more persistence than anything else.

Why not go for Loki?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Goddamn. Ran into this lv50 modern Storm/modern Black Widow team and I had to tap out after three tries. Every turn it was either Mistress of the Storm + that green lighting ability which triggered a cascade; or Widow stunned my Thor for 5 turns. :negative:

Take home message is, the starter Heroes are really good! Don't neglect them!

Ironically I'm targeting more teams with four star Wolverine because if you play keep away with red tiles he is easy to beat.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Man, at some point I may just resign myself to getting beaten out of 400 more points, staying in the top 10 is brutal :bang:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235 According to this, it comes from Black Widow Imposter now.

This is a bit of a problem for me then..

See, I was past this point BEFORE the revamp. And I already have whatever was previously in that reward slot, so it is showing that one as checked off for me. Do I have any other options at this point?

Halcyon
Oct 23, 2004
I was just trying to contribute
is there any other way of getting classic spiderman-blue, other than poopsocking in the pvp events?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

seravid posted:

Why not go for Loki?

1) Because even if I stay up 'til midnight, pour a ton of resources and boosts into getting into the top 25 and somehow manage to stay there, I will get a 1/1 Loki. Top 100, and it's an 0/1 purple Loki. That's not a horrible thing to have but not something I'd be able to use immediately, as I'd really want to skill him up first.

If I try that and fail, not only do I get the same reward as if I hadn't but I'm out a bunch of consumables.

2) Because I have a 1/3 Bullseye already. 2/4 Bullseye will increase his level-up potential significantly.

3) I'm collecting Iron Man 40 Red/Yellow and 500 Gold in about six hours, and that's enough grinding for one week.

Halcyon posted:

is there any other way of getting classic spiderman-blue, other than poopsocking in the pvp events?

Luck on the Recruit machines. Though I wouldn't recommend the current Spider-Man machine because 200 Gold is an awful lot to spend to likely end up with Bag-Man.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Added everyone on the facebook list and added my name to it. Realised I need a lot more ISO to get more teams trucking.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

WetSpink posted:

Added everyone on the facebook list and added my name to it. Realised I need a lot more ISO to get more teams trucking.

I really regret spending ISO on builds when I first started because I'm so drat far away from having any of my people leveled to their current max.

Also, gently caress this drat game for not defaulting to my leveled Venom every time I start a match. It's cost me at least one first try match.

Overally I'm doing pretty good. I have no idea what is good and what is terrible in this (other than common Storm and Iron Man being straight killers) but my level 22 Daken has been doing some god drat work for me. It only takes a turn or two before all my matches are hitting in the triple digits and he regenerates enough that the other team struggles to keep up. Throw Bullseye in with his adamantium skeleton bullshit and you can just sit there and swap gems forever. Until you get hit with a drat freon beam anyway.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stickman posted:

The PvP interface seems to be randomly wrong about the opposing team's composition. Taking on a Spidey with a L1 blue web is very different from L5, game!
I've had this a few times where I'm like "Iron Man with only Red/Yellow? Easy" and halfway through he loving freezerbeams me for an unexpected 1k stun that turns the tide. It's much nicer when you find out their Daken doesn't in fact have the Green Strike ability.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, I've just noticed the AI considers environment tiles higher value than all other similar combinations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, I've just noticed the AI considers environment tiles higher value than all other similar combinations.

Yep! That's why I never use modern storm's red ability (smashing all environment tiles). Leaving them on the board is like free turns! Same with off-color 4 matches. Sometime I'll deliberately set them up so the AI takes them over AP it can actually use :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Off-color 4s, definitely. But sometimes Mistress of the Elements causes delightful cascades.

Staying in the Venom top 500 may be more challenging than I thought, just because everyone is so tightly bunched and teams are so similar. I'm at Rank 108 with 845 points, and I can trade shots with other guys all day who are in a similar rank, but I can't do much if a bunch of people with 150 points decide I'm a nice target.