Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I could barely even hear the dialogue because someone at WB decided they wanted the trailer music cranked up to 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like how Injustice makes a big moral debate out of Superman having to kill Parademons, and Wonder Woman just slices the motherfuckers in half.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that they added Shazam to that line up considering he had nothing to do with the story originally.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
The animation looks fairly cheap compared to how most of the other animated movies look. I wonder if it's because of the rumor that DC/WB is developing a new Justice League cartoon. Presumably, it'd be set in the New 52, possibly even this specific version of the New 52, so maybe they wanted something with a tv-sized budget that they could air as an extra-long pilot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everyone else looks mostly fine (although WTF is going on with WW) but Superman's New52 costume did not translate well at all.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Huh, turns out WW doesn't need pants as much as she needs a full top. I'm honestly surprised how much I like the costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fuego Fish posted:

Psychic Judges pretty much always went helmetless in the comics, I think, because their helmets had a kind of Magneto effect to them.
Oh, I know, she outright states it. Still, Dredd is the title character and is never shown without his helmet.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

It's extra hip. Y'know, for kids!

MODERN. NEW 52. MODERN.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Steve Blum. Darkseid. I want to murder the world.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Doesn't it help with Dredd that while you can't see his eyes you still see his mouth which can make the expressions necessary to not dehumanize him to the audience?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Judgement posted:

Steve Blum. Darkseid. I want to murder the world.
I get it. I really do. Steve Blum is good at voices. Everyone who's watched a cartoon knows that. He is not, however, good at Darkseid, who needs a deep booming voice like Ironside's but god loving forbid we let a former actor reprise a role for the "new" DC movies.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Officially campaigning for Seth Green as Darkseid.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

See, that might actually be interesting. As opposed to, "Hey we need a sardonic bad guy, what's Steve doing?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Get Kevin Conroy to do it. In fact, all the new52 animated villains should be voiced by the VAs who did the heroes in the old DCAU. Really hammer home the point.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Fuego Fish posted:

voiced by the VAs who did the heroes in the old DCAU. Really hammer home the point.
"Wild Cards" and "The Great Brain Robbery" (sorta) proved that this formula is gold.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Fuego Fish posted:

Get Kevin Conroy to do it. In fact, all the new52 animated villains should be voiced by the VAs who did the heroes in the old DCAU. Really hammer home the point.

Dean Cain as Ultraman.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

goldenoreos posted:

I could barely even hear the dialogue because someone at WB decided they wanted the trailer music cranked up to 11.

loving seriously. I can't even form an opinion on Blum because I can't even hear his voice over WUB WUB WUB.

Although I can't imagine it's that great because that Darkseid design looks huge. Like, to me personally, you'd need some guy with a voice deeper and more menacing than even Ironside to sound right coming out of that character model.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hazo posted:

He is not, however, good at Darkseid, who needs a deep booming voice like Ironside's but god loving forbid we let a former actor reprise a role for the "new" DC movies.

I am sick of hearing old VAs in newer stuff. I'm pretty sure it's Hamill's Joker that did this to me, but Conroy's Batman did not help it. I do not mind new voices for these characters, I will agree though that I don't want Blum as loving Darkseid. Please cast him as someone you can show off his range with, stop giving him deep villainous characters who just help perpetuate his deep voice.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

mind the walrus posted:

Casting Steve Blum as Darkseid is going to be torture for anyone who can recognize his voice--which won't be hard because he does a voice in seemingly every other animated project out there--with a multiplier of sadness added on because it's not Michael Ironside's Darkseid.

Edit: sorry, I didn't realize that there was actually a trailer and that he was doing his Spike voice. Boy do I have egg on my face.

Steve Blum is a lot more versatile than you might think. Everyone just knows Steve Blum because he loves doing his Spike voice (and admittedly half his roles probably use that voice), but he has a lot more range than that and has probably voiced more characters than you realize. He had a voice reel a while back (I can't find it anymore) where he was doing a whole bunch of voices, including impressions of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, and while they weren't quite on the mark, they sounded nothing like Spike Spiegel. He did that fat kid from Uncle Grandpa, for example, and Grunt from Mass Effect.

Argue fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 29, 2013

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

loving seriously. I can't even form an opinion on Blum because I can't even hear his voice over WUB WUB WUB.

Although I can't imagine it's that great because that Darkseid design looks huge. Like, to me personally, you'd need some guy with a voice deeper and more menacing than even Ironside to sound right coming out of that character model.

It's really too bad Michael Clark Duncan is no longer with us, he'd be an incredible Darkseid. Then again, there's that guy who did the Black Beetle in Young Justice...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I am sick of hearing old VAs in newer stuff. I'm pretty sure it's Hamill's Joker that did this to me, but Conroy's Batman did not help it. I do not mind new voices for these characters, I will agree though that I don't want Blum as loving Darkseid. Please cast him as someone you can show off his range with, stop giving him deep villainous characters who just help perpetuate his deep voice.
After Arkham Origins I kind of want to see if Troy Baker can do his own spin on the Joker that isn't a Hamill impression

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That looks so loving stupid. And good job WB Animation, you made Wonder Woman's costume look even worse.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Dean Cain as Ultraman.

Teri Hatcher as Superwoman? I'm down.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

Dean Cain as Ultraman.
But that would honestly be perfect.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

McSpanky posted:

It's really too bad Michael Clark Duncan is no longer with us, he'd be an incredible Darkseid. Then again, there's that guy who did the Black Beetle in Young Justice...

You mean Kevin Grevioux?

Fun fact, not only has he done voice work and acting, but he's also written comics for Marvel and DC.

He's the creator of the Blue Marvel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Grevioux

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Not to mention the worst run of New Warriors. The WORST.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mr. Maltose posted:

Not to mention the worst run of New Warriors. The WORST.

Worse than Jay Faber's run where Nova's truly awful costume became a plot point?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yes. Buff Beak was that bad.

Which sucks because the actual idea was loving great!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

The Question IRL posted:

Worse than Jay Faber's run where Nova's truly awful costume became a plot point?

Requesting a screenshot of this Nova costume? Google isn't helping me out here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Requesting a screenshot of this Nova costume? Google isn't helping me out here.

This is the biggest pic I can find

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Rhyno posted:

This is the biggest pic I can find

Holy poo poo. Was this from the mid-90's redesign everyone's costume horribly era?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Man that's only a mediocre costume. I was expecting some sort of Christmas Tree Wonder Man abomination.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm hating his dopey face more then the actual costume. What was the plot point? They can't have had much faith in it if it only lasted for less then a year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Man that's only a mediocre costume. I was expecting some sort of Christmas Tree Wonder Man abomination.

Yeah, my standard for horrid costume redesign in the Cosmic Boy bustier, whereas this one just looks like Nova hit the cycling section of a sportswear store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The reason was Erik Larsen got pissed off that they decided to throw Nova into the new New Warriors title and since it was a big deal that Larsen came back to Marvel the compromise was that costume. Both books did not last long, Nova ended with #7. I saw Farber at a con that summer and he was super pissed about how he was handed the NW gig and basically told "Here's Speedball, that's all you get." initially.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

They started new episodes of Axe Cop tonight. In it, Michael Madsen played Baby Man.

It's somehow more amazing than it sounds.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
So, Stan Lee has a new project.. after Gems such as Mosaic.

It's a cartoon where Stan Lee finds 7 aliens, who've crash landed in the desert and he teaches them how to be heroes while making comics out of them.

It.. doesn't look.. very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCnN48vMhY

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

PicklePants posted:

It's a cartoon where Stan Lee finds 7 aliens, who've crash landed in the desert and he teaches them how to be heroes while making comics out of them.

It's the audio. The audio seems like someone overdubbed it with stuff they recorded for their college audio class assignment. The music, sound FX, and voices are all terribly mixed, and the sounds and music are just cheap as hell and all feel temporary (even though they probably aren't.)

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

PicklePants posted:

I could swear I've heard all of those jokes before, especially the lawyers one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

AzureFlame posted:

I could swear I've heard all of those jokes before, especially the lawyers one.

The "we killed all the lawyers" thing has been used before, but I laughed when Stan said "We can learn so much from you" right after.

• Locked thread