Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

Namarrgon posted:

No you are the unusual one. That said, it is not as unusual as it sounds, I think something like 10% of people never visualize things so don't worry about it.

I can't visualize things in my mind. All I see is black. If I try to visualize a table, I can't. If I concentrate REALLY hard I might possibly maybe be able to create some straight lines that could possibly be the outline of a table. It's like trying to look at a black table in the middle of a black room with no light. I might be able to barely distinguish an outline, but that's it. I can't even close my eyes and picture my own husband's face. It's just black.

I do dream in very vivid detailed color, though. I usually don't remember my dreams, but I did before I got put on sleeping medication. My dreams were/are often colorful, very realistic, often violent and blood-filled. Weird because I'm totally averse to violence in real life but I regularly get killed in my dreams or see other people get killed or shot or ripped apart or otherwise become very vividly bloody. The last dream I had, I found a flamingo and grabbed it and it was so bright and pink and I could feel its feathers against my cheek and feel the warmth of its body. But there's no way I can close my eyes and recreate that. I can describe it very precisely in words, though.

When I read books I get intense mental "pictures" but they aren't images. It's hard to describe. My brain is just really turned on by written words but not in a visual sense. I wonder if it's because I'm a visual person in general, my brain doesn't need to be visual when my eyes are closed. I can remember and describe every color and nuance of some thing, but I can't close my eyes and see it. I merely remember what it looks like in a very detailed way.

Cleatcleat posted:

I have a feeling a followup question will be for tv / movies. I don't get invested, if that's the right word, when it comes to movies / tv. I just see people reading lines and wearing clothes someone else picked out for them. It's still pretty though, so I watch.

Haha, same here. I always know that there's a camera and crew just inches away and if the camera just panned over a tiny bit, you could see the set and the illusion would be ruined. It doesn't fool me at all, maybe that's why I don't watch much TV. Smoking pot totally exacerbates this for me, and in a lot of ways makes watching TV and movies a lot more hilarious.

razz fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010

DNova posted:

Do you have the ability to empathize?

I like to think I do. I have a dog, and I take care of my mom at the cost of a lot of personal comforts. To be honest I do question some times if it is because of family love or family obligation. But that's more of an E/N thing than Ask/Tell thing. In general though, yes if I see a crying person I'll ask if something is wrong. If I see a puppy left out in the rain, it's coming home with me.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Cleatcleat posted:

If I see a puppy left out in the rain, it's coming home with me.

Don't let him fool you, he eats it!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Can you look at a real object and try extrapolate what it may look from behind? i.e. "Hmmm, that car has two doors on this side, does it have two doors on the other side?"

Also I suppose fantasizing is right out of the question?

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
Not sure if you're asking me or Cleatcleat (who seems to have the same visual issues as me) but yes I would know what the car looks like on the other side. Not because I have to close my eyes and visualize it, but because I know what's supposed to be back there. I mean, I know what the view out my front door looks like because I know what's out there and I don't have to form a mental picture to remember. Do you know what the view out my front door looks like? I doubt it, but it's not because you are incapable of visualizing it in your mind, it's because you don't know because you've never been here.

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Can you look at a real object and try extrapolate what it may look from behind? i.e. "Hmmm, that car has two doors on this side, does it have two doors on the other side?"

First question, I don't think I fully understand what ya asking there. If I look at an orange, I know the whole thing is round and orange-y. I look at a car, I know there's doors on both sides. If you mean if I look at an object, say a box, and wonder what's in it, then no I don't. Either I lift the box and see, or I ignore it and move on.

The second question, depends on what you mean. I fantasize about winning the lottery and starting a bee farm, but I guess that's more of a what-if-plan sorta thing. General fantasy of seeing myself riding a dragon and throwing lightning bolts, then no.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Cleatcleat posted:

First question, I don't think I fully understand what ya asking there. If I look at an orange, I know the whole thing is round and orange-y. I look at a car, I know there's doors on both sides. If you mean if I look at an object, say a box, and wonder what's in it, then no I don't. Either I lift the box and see, or I ignore it and move on.

The second question, depends on what you mean. I fantasize about winning the lottery and starting a bee farm, but I guess that's more of a what-if-plan sorta thing. General fantasy of seeing myself riding a dragon and throwing lightning bolts, then no.

But do you visualize yourself smokin' out some beehives or spending fat stacks of cash, or do you just think "hmm yes I would have money and bees and that would be nice."?

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010

DNova posted:

"hmm yes I would have money and bees and that would be nice."

This one. It still counts, sorta.

Cleatcleat fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 3, 2013

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
You peeps never talked to other people about this sort of thing? Levels of visualisation are vastly different. If you say "Cat" to somebody, some people can't imagine a picture of a cat at all, some people can only bring to mind cats they know, while others can impose as much detail as they want to the cat.

People who can't visualise well or at all usually hate overly descriptive prose because it just does nothing for them.

edit:

Tiggum posted:

And when reading a book, if there's a physical description of a person or thing, I basically get nothing from that, it doesn't really mean anything to me.

^^^ what are the odds of posting this within seconds haha

Jeza fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 3, 2013

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Namarrgon posted:

How do your dreams look like?

All my thoughts are words. My dreams and memories too. They don't look like anything, they're stories in my head, told in my voice.

PaganGoatPants posted:

So what happens if you're reading fiction?

It's already words, just like everything already in my head, so nothing happens, I just read and understand it. I don't have a problem with not being able to get into fiction like those other posters though.

SynthOrange posted:

Sure. I can even do those puzzles where you're given a bunch of shapes and have to work out which one is a rotated view of another or whatever. I just can't picture it in my head, I can still tell what the answer would be.

SynthOrange posted:

No, I can imagine stuff, it's just all in words.

I also don't get that thing where you're supposed to "hear" things in your mind in other people's voices. Everything's always in my voice.

The only real issue it causes me is that I can't really understand visual descriptors. I know what the words mean and can explain concepts like shape and texture and so on, but using them to describe a physical object is just beyond me. If asked to describe a person, as long as I'm actually looking at them at the time I can tell you their hair colour and that's about it. If I'm not looking at them I probably don't remember their hair colour. I have no problem recognising people or things, I just can't communicate what things look like. And when reading a book, if there's a physical description of a person or thing, I basically get nothing from that, it doesn't really mean anything to me.

What I find super weird is that apparently there are people who don't think in words. I found out about this because it occurred to me that a person who had been deaf their entire life wouldn't know what words sounded like, so I asked a deaf friend about how he thinks, what words are like in his head and was just totally blown away by the answer that there weren't any words in his head. And it turns out it's not just deaf people. I can't comprehend how it's even possible to think without words, it's just totally alien to my frame of reference.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Cleatcleat posted:

In TV and movies one person will say to another to close their eyes and imagine something, to see it in their head. That's a made up tv / movie, right? I close my eyes and try to think of something, a table, and I get nothing. Always been that way but tv / movies make it seem like everyone can imagine something at the drop of a hat.

I think I'm similar.
I can't visualize stuff. Or at least barely. I can't remember stuff visually. I couldn't draw my mother's face right now without looking up a photo of her. I do know stuff about her visually though, because I've registered that stuff. I've looked at her and thought (kind of subconsciously) "she's got a round face". I don't know if the outside wall of the building I live in is grey, white-ish, light blue... I know it's not dark or colorful.

That said, I have a great memory. It's just not visual at all. Mostly data and audio.

I used to not remember dreams when I slept less, but now that I get more sleep, I actually do remember stuff. None of it's visual though, it's all data driven. And usually really down to earth.
Can't remember my last dream right now, but I could dream that I'm going shopping for groceries, that I'm going to the usual place, that I need specific stuff; then in a dream-like manner it might drift into meeting a friend and starting to chat about sports, totally dismissing the groceries part.
But I won't see any of it, I'll just know it.

I don't know if this is related to it, but I also have synesthesia.

-edits-
I imagine stuff not as images or words, but as concepts or situations. Then I can use words to describe those.
I can also hear things in other people's voices (in my mind).

pylb fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 3, 2013

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
If I needed a piece of metal fabricated in quantity, say 1000 pieces or more, how do I go about finding a manufacturer?

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Oxford Comma posted:

If I needed a piece of metal fabricated in quantity, say 1000 pieces or more, how do I go about finding a manufacturer?

What is being fabricated? It'll make a difference in what type of shop you need.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!

c0ldfuse posted:

What is being fabricated? It'll make a difference in what type of shop you need.

Belt clip for a pocket knife.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

What is actually happening at a biological level when you get shivers down your spine, like from great music or w/e. This is surprisingly hard to google.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How do I empty the recycle bin of a secondary hard drive?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

regulargonzalez posted:

What is actually happening at a biological level when you get shivers down your spine, like from great music or w/e. This is surprisingly hard to google.

Look up frisson. I'm not sure of the mechanics, but I went to a lecture once where the guy studied musically-induced frisson, so at least I can tell you the name of the phenomenon.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

hooah posted:

Look up frisson. I'm not sure of the mechanics, but I went to a lecture once where the guy studied musically-induced frisson, so at least I can tell you the name of the phenomenon.

Frisson Bishie.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Oxford Comma posted:

Belt clip for a pocket knife.

Thin bent metal?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Thin bent metal?

Yeah, if this can be made entirely from stamping sheet metal, it's going to be very different than if it needs several solid parts. Depending on manufacturing concerns, you may end up wanting to majorly modify your item (structurally, not necessarily visually) to be easier/cheaper for a 1000-unit production.

I imagine even a visually complicated belt clip could be modded to be several stamped pieces welded or screwed together. IMO if so, you may want to look for a stock belt clip piece that somebody already makes that can have something attached to it, and design your decorative cover or whatever to fit on that. The reason is setting up production for a new item is really expensive, so if already is already making something "close enough", you get a huge advantage from avoiding that cost.

I could go on, long story short, "how do we manufacture 1000, or a million of these" is not a trivial question and that question feeds into a thing's design from an early stage. Producing 1,000 items could be hard and expensive. But if it's a simple process, a small metal shop may be able to do it for you.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011

alnilam posted:

Yeah, if this can be made entirely from stamping sheet metal, it's going to be very different than if it needs several solid parts. Depending on manufacturing concerns, you may end up wanting to majorly modify your item (structurally, not necessarily visually) to be easier/cheaper for a 1000-unit production.

I imagine even a visually complicated belt clip could be modded to be several stamped pieces welded or screwed together. IMO if so, you may want to look for a stock belt clip piece that somebody already makes that can have something attached to it, and design your decorative cover or whatever to fit on that. The reason is setting up production for a new item is really expensive, so if already is already making something "close enough", you get a huge advantage from avoiding that cost.

I could go on, long story short, "how do we manufacture 1000, or a million of these" is not a trivial question and that question feeds into a thing's design from an early stage. Producing 1,000 items could be hard and expensive. But if it's a simple process, a small metal shop may be able to do it for you.

Thanks for the words. I don't know if modifying an existing product is possible, but it certainly is something to look into it. So should I contact local metal shops and get a price quote, or what?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Oxford Comma posted:

Thanks for the words. I don't know if modifying an existing product is possible, but it certainly is something to look into it. So should I contact local metal shops and get a price quote, or what?

If you discuss your design with a skilled machinist at a metal shop, they'll probably have lots of ideas about how to make it easier to make. If you have trouble finding someone to take the job, you could also find out if there is some kind of open machine shop ("hacker space", TechShop) in your town where someone would help you. But talking with a pro machinist or manufacturing engineer will help you a lot.

If you have drawings or at least concept art, I could take a look for you and at least give you some rough advice. I don't think I could take you all the way to 1,000 units myself, but I'm a mechanical engineer, and I worked for a summer in a machine shop. Feel free to email me at ... (I've removed my email cause I don't want to leave it up too long, how about you ask me for it if you're interested in corresponding. I'm just talking about taking a brief look to say "looks insane / looks fine / looks beyond my own abilities / looks like I could help you clean the design up but it might take a lot of work")

alnilam fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 4, 2013

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
My googling skills are lacking.

I'm trying to find images of the maps from Hotline Miami. I want the entire map that you actually walk through, not just the outlines that appear in the level select. Anyone happen to have these handy?

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

N. Senada posted:

My googling skills are lacking.

I'm trying to find images of the maps from Hotline Miami. I want the entire map that you actually walk through, not just the outlines that appear in the level select. Anyone happen to have these handy?

This walkthrough appears to have them:
http://uk.ign.com/wikis/hotline-miami/Prologue

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

hooah posted:

Thanks. That led me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response where the answer seems to be: we don't know, even to the point of not knowing whether it's a sensation all in the mind or if there is actually a bodily response / behavior.

e: This talks about it as well (specifically mentioning opera, which is interesting because that's what I get frisson from most often) but still doesn't really address what is going on at a biological level very much. It talks about what induces it and why, but not what that inducement creates. Is there a change in the brain's biochemistry? Is serotonin flooding the brain? Just curious as to the actual mechanics.

e2: The actual study the above article was based on goes into much more detail

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 3, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Baron Porkface posted:

How do I empty the recycle bin of a secondary hard drive?

You empty it at the same time as the one on the primary.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got my big rear end HD tv back that my family has been "taking care of" for 4 months. Of course they lost the loving power plug to the thing so I can't even USE it. Will it take any old power source or do I need some sort of official LG power plug for it?

Foomin
Feb 14, 2005

pylb posted:

I think I'm similar.
I can't visualize stuff. Or at least barely. I can't remember stuff visually. I couldn't draw my mother's face right now without looking up a photo of her. I do know stuff about her visually though, because I've registered that stuff. I've looked at her and thought (kind of subconsciously) "she's got a round face". I don't know if the outside wall of the building I live in is grey, white-ish, light blue... I know it's not dark or colorful.

That said, I have a great memory. It's just not visual at all. Mostly data and audio.

I used to not remember dreams when I slept less, but now that I get more sleep, I actually do remember stuff. None of it's visual though, it's all data driven. And usually really down to earth.
Can't remember my last dream right now, but I could dream that I'm going shopping for groceries, that I'm going to the usual place, that I need specific stuff; then in a dream-like manner it might drift into meeting a friend and starting to chat about sports, totally dismissing the groceries part.
But I won't see any of it, I'll just know it.

I don't know if this is related to it, but I also have synesthesia.

-edits-
I imagine stuff not as images or words, but as concepts or situations. Then I can use words to describe those.
I can also hear things in other people's voices (in my mind).
Hey, just curious: would you mind describing the type of synesthesia you have?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Leal posted:

I got my big rear end HD tv back that my family has been "taking care of" for 4 months. Of course they lost the loving power plug to the thing so I can't even USE it. Will it take any old power source or do I need some sort of official LG power plug for it?

Was it just a plug and lead or was there a transformer in it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Was it just a plug and lead or was there a transformer in it?

Plug and lead, the plug that goes into the TV would look something like this:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
If it's just a cord with no brick or anything on it, anything that will fit between the wall and the tv should work.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Leal posted:

Plug and lead, the plug that goes into the TV would look something like this:

Looks like an ordinary appliance lead. If your workplace has an IT department, they probably have hundreds of them lying around.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
What thing is this for?

vvv thanks

dokmo fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 4, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

dokmo posted:

What thing is this for?

Lightning apple connector. For iphones, ipads, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_%28connector%29

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Foomin posted:

Hey, just curious: would you mind describing the type of synesthesia you have?

It's sort of faded as I've grown older. But it's associating colors with phonemes and numbers. When I was little I'd occasionally say (in French, since I'm French) blue instead of four (for example).
Words with a predominant i sound would usually be associated with the color red. My mother's name Nelly is like beige with tints of pink.
It's hard to describe the association part, it's like the word "sounds" like that color.

It was extremely natural to me as a child but now (I'm 26) I have to think long and hard about most words.

I don't know if this is normal but I also occasionally associate smells with taste. I will smell something and it will "taste" like something else.

pylb fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 4, 2013

Foomin
Feb 14, 2005

Thanks for answering! Not to be presumptuous about your brain or anything, but I was wondering if it was something like that since it would make sense if your mental processes are more data- and audio-focused and less visual because data and audio are so vivid for you (I've read that color-phoneme synesthetes have great memories for this reason). Suuuper interesting.

The visualization discussion reminded me of some questions I've wanted to ask but they always seemed too incredibly stupid and rude to ask people I know, so if there are any red/green colorblind people out there who would answer any of these dumb questions for me, I'd appreciate it.

-Can you name any visual artists you particularly like?
-Do you like to draw or paint?
-Favorite color?
-Current job/career field?
-Google tells me that both red and green show up to me as shades of brownish yellow. Does this color, in isolation, ever remind you of freshness, spring/summer, or the outdoors (like grass, trees, and peppermint) or love, sex, or anger (like red lipstick or valentines)? Are colors in general ever strongly evocative for you?
-Can you tell me which settings which you find especially pretty (cities, forests, the beach, downtown at night, one town in particular, etc.)?
-Can you give any examples of things or places that are repulsive to you because of the coloring?
-Can you tell if somebody is blushing?
-Do you wear makeup and if so, what kinds?
-Do you feel you have a harder time than most remembering faces or driving directions?
-Do you know of any colorblind artists or interesting books or resources about colorblindness that you could recommend?
-These question are so loving stupid, hahahaha, I'm so sorry

edit from below:

Foomin posted:

I'll try to clarify the question about evocative colors: this woman is wearing a red dress and red lipstick, and these pictures of trees and stuff are various vibrant shades of green. I was wondering 1) if you think that the dress is a sexy color or that the colors of the trees look especially lush/springy/herbal, and 2) if those colors would be evocative even when divorced from those contexts, like how a spa might incorporate greens in its decor or a restaurant might use red. I asked about faces and directions because I had a colorblind coworker who was awful at remembering how to get places so I was curious if it was related because you have slightly fewer visual cues to work with or something.

Foomin fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 4, 2013

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Foomin posted:

if there are any red/green colorblind people out there who would answer any of these dumb questions for me, I'd appreciate it.
I have a mild case of red-green colour blindness.

I couldn't name any artists I'm particularly fond of, nor do I draw/paint. That's mainly because I don't like art particularly, which may or may not be connected to my colour blindness.

I'm in school for computer engineering.

The first results I got for googling for brownish yellow colours showed me pictures of shades of yellow or brown. Mind finding a picture of the colour you're referring to?

I don't usually find colours emotionally evocative.

For panoramas I find myself enjoying, they're generally nature shots. Whether they're actual photos or not, I enjoy landscapes more than cityscapes. I don't have any pictures on hand right now, but I really enjoyed seeing some of the vistas when I went on some hikes in the Rockies, like at Lake Louise.

Sure, I can find things repulsive because of the colour. Can't think of any recent examples, but I have gone ugh while looking at something because of the colour scheme.

I usually don't notice people blushing, but I do notice when people flush from drinking.

No makeup for me.

Faces are no problem, it's names I have problems with. I don't drive (though I can), but directions aren't hard for me either. Not sure what directions have to do with colour perception though.

I can't think of any good resources off-hand. If you have one, maybe ask your optometrist about it. When I was young, I was given a colour test, where I had to arrange coloured blocks such that the most similar blocks were adjacent to each other. It wouldn't give you any insight as to how we perceive things, but it might be interesting to see what order a colour blind person would choose.

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.

Tiggum posted:

All my thoughts are words. My dreams and memories too. They don't look like anything, they're stories in my head, told in my voice.

I can imagine stuff, it's just all in words.

I also don't get that thing where you're explain concepts like shape and texture and so on, but using them to describe a physical object is just beyond me.

This is mind blowing to me for some reason, probably just because my job is basically to compose an entire movie or scene in my head ahead of time so I would be screwed if I couldn't do it visually.

When you remember a scene from a movie, do you just remember the words in the scene or do you remember the picture itself through words? For example, when I remember the first scene from The Big Lebowski I remember very clearly a lone tumbleweed blowing its way through a dolly shot down a dark, abandoned, dusty highway and I hear Sam Elliot's voice musing about the dude. (Assuming you've seen the movie recently enough to remember), how do you remember this scene?

Foomin
Feb 14, 2005

You don't need to answer again because it sounds like the answer is no, but I'll try to clarify the question about evocative colors: this woman is wearing a red dress and red lipstick, and these trees these pictures of trees and stuff are various vibrant shades of green. I was wondering 1) if you think that the dress is a sexy color or that the colors of the trees look especially lush/springy/herbal, and 2) if those colors would be evocative even when divorced from those contexts, like how a spa might incorporate greens in its decor or a restaurant might use red. I asked about faces and directions because I had a colorblind coworker who was awful at remembering how to get places so I was curious if it was related because you have slightly fewer visual cues to work with or something but it sounds like that's not the case. Thanks for answering!

edit:

regulargonzalez posted:

^ I wonder if you might want to find a different picture of trees -- that image is so heavily blue-shifted that it might not be an accurate representation of what you're trying to ask.
You're right, so I added some more links. Most GIS results are super processed desktop backgrounds and so on.

Foomin fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

^ I wonder if you might want to find a different picture of trees -- that image is so heavily blue-shifted that it might not be an accurate representation of what you're trying to ask.