Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Seems like 75% of the Venom teams use Classic Storm and Thor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, I've basically given up on a high ranking simply because every team worth more than single digits is some level 50+ C.Storm with a Thor hiding behind her. The other teams have level 40+ Iron Mans behind their C.Storm

Abraham Lincoln
Feb 12, 2008
If you are a racist I will attack you with the North
I'm addicted to this game so made a fake facebook and friended everyone. Mainly run Iron Man, Modern Widow, Modern Storm, but working on building up my Classic Storm. Add me back: https://www.facebook.com/don.blake.524

Logged out of my real FB account, logged into this one, connected PQ to it. So now I can log out of the fake account and reconnect my real account? PQ wills till think I'm on my fake account?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So when this game suggests friends to send stuff to when you get one of those tokens, are those friends guaranteed to be playing this game? Some facebook games just pick friends at random, and I don't want to bug people who aren't playing.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

delfin posted:

Off-color 4s, definitely. But sometimes Mistress of the Elements causes delightful cascades.

Staying in the Venom top 500 may be more challenging than I thought, just because everyone is so tightly bunched and teams are so similar. I'm at Rank 108 with 845 points, and I can trade shots with other guys all day who are in a similar rank, but I can't do much if a bunch of people with 150 points decide I'm a nice target.

I'm at Rank 105 with 853 points but my guys are all beat to poo poo right now. I just want to crack into that sweet, sweet 900 point range just once. Maybe crack the top 100.

Many times if I see a Classic Storm on the other team, I'll replace mine with my Black Widow so I don't get my team decimated in a Raging Tempest slap-fight. It's worked pretty well so far.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I've been using 30 Venom, 50 Daken and 50 Thor. It takes down Storm/Thor teams easily unless they get a (un)lucky cascade (at which point I just quit and reload). I like to think that running Daken reduces the number of people willing to attack me, since they'll be taking stronger hits while loading powers, but hitting 1K was still a bitch.

E: Daken is also nice for eating one-off Mjolnirs, since you don't have to worry about running the venom level over and over to heal him back up.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 4, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
90% of the teams are Venom / Storm Classic / Thor, yes. To the point where I don't really have any fear of that combo any more and have taken it out with a couple of combos, working in Wolverine Astonishing, Widow Modern or Cap at times. I'm saving my boosts for the last push, but I have lots of faith that barring bullshit cascades, my team can beat a stronger team every time because of dumb AI and smart me.

Gallow posted:

I'm at Rank 105 with 853 points but my guys are all beat to poo poo right now. I just want to crack into that sweet, sweet 900 point range just once. Maybe crack the top 100.

Here's the problem: I got knocked down to 767 just now and that's rank #351. That's a LOT of people in a small point range. It's going to take persistence and a little luck to hang in there.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey a level 2 venom, level 11 hawkeye, level 70 classic storm for 44 points. That should be an easy win.... Oops accidentally attacked venom TEMPEST SLAP FIGHT!!

Edit: I'm only at 626 points and that puts me at rank 1100.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Are there really that many new goon players every day? I casually check my fake Facebook account once a day or something and I always see 20+ new friend requests.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Eddain posted:

Are there really that many new goon players every day? I casually check my fake Facebook account once a day or something and I always see 20+ new friend requests.

Yep, I can barely keep up with friend requests, but the mountains of ISO don't hurt :)

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

delfin posted:

90% of the teams are Venom / Storm Classic / Thor, yes. To the point where I don't really have any fear of that combo any more and have taken it out with a couple of combos, working in Wolverine Astonishing, Widow Modern or Cap at times. I'm saving my boosts for the last push, but I have lots of faith that barring bullshit cascades, my team can beat a stronger team every time because of dumb AI and smart me.

Here's the problem: I got knocked down to 767 just now and that's rank #351. That's a LOT of people in a small point range. It's going to take persistence and a little luck to hang in there.

Yeah, I'm hosed now. Knocked down to 743 points and Rank #542 because all my strong players are dead. No more health kits, no more leveling heals. I have to go to bed anyway.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa, I'm directly under you on the leaderboard for the red iso event.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Abraham Lincoln posted:

Logged out of my real FB account, logged into this one, connected PQ to it. So now I can log out of the fake account and reconnect my real account? PQ wills till think I'm on my fake account?

Yeah, you can logout and still get your drops and send deliveries, at least on iOS anyway.

Made my last push for the Venom tourney, now I'm all out of heals and iso. Hope I dont get murdered in the last 10 minutes.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

Shwqa, I'm directly under you on the leaderboard for the red iso event.

Where you belong! hey that is kinda cool. I did the 8 red iso a few times just to push myself over the yellow American reward. I'm sure that is exactly what you did.

There is a where quirk with the ranking system. People who have the same score as me, but got to that point after me get to be a higher rank than me.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Where you belong! hey that is kinda cool. I did the 8 red iso a few times just to push myself over the yellow American reward. I'm sure that is exactly what you did.

There is a where quirk with the ranking system. People who have the same score as me, but got to that point after me get to be a higher rank than me.

I just ran it a few more times to give myself some insurance, saw what it would take to land in the bracket above ours, and said gently caress it. 500 coins and a new cover is pretty good.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I just played for a solid hour fending off dozens of attacks... top 100. Ugh. :bang:

I need to level a Ragnarok or something just so it's not worth people's time to attack me.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Jesus, the end of the Venom event was insane. I was in the top 25 with about 20 minutes to go, then lost 300 points in the 2 minutes it took for a match. Apparently if you're not running storm its just not possible to kill dudes fast enough! Top 500...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:woop: I didnt get kicked out of the top 500 before the end. Hello there Bullseye.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I really hope they run another event similar to the red iso one this week. I only have five SP rewards left to get, so these events are what's keeping the game interesting.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm afraid of adding myself to the Facebook group. On the one hand, I want all the free iso. On the other, I keep my Facebook list really trim and have been using my real log-in for the game. Ugh.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the red iso and team restricted events were the most interesting ones, just for more world stuff to do and to see interesting team builds. Venom was just Classic storm + venom + a brick wall.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

:woop: I didnt get kicked out of the top 500 before the end. Hello there Bullseye.

Congrats.
I just did, not sure if I had a serious chance anyway, but I moved too soon, took too much damage in fights, etc. Oh well, Hello Worse Bullseye, welcome to the Pile of Stuff I Can't Level.

That pile's getting quite large, haven't yet been able to bring myself to sell a 2* though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah for the last day, I pretty much dont do anything til the last hour or so and burn up all my heals and iso then. I think my spot in the Red Iso event is pretty stable, around 90ish. Should net me a red and yellow iron man 40.

Oh gently caress I'm out of space.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 4, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No new missions. Nooooo

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
This iron man sucks!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ah poo poo. I just got tricked big-time. What a loving clever move. I'm more impressed than mad. Classic Storm, Bullseye, Bag Man, Storm levelled up, the others not. Can you guess what happened next?

Spoilered if you wanna guess. Murdered by Raging Tempest. The others had such poo poo health I couldn't help but trigger it.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Starrett posted:

This iron man sucks!

I don't know, I kinda like his yellow power; getting stunned is no big deal since at low levels he's never on the front anyway and, as soon as he wakes up, you can trigger the power again since it's so cheap.

Combined with Thor, it's hammer time all the time :getin:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I'm keeping my 2 iron man model 40 cover separate for right now. If it isn't easy to get more in the next events, then I'm selling both off for 50 total hero points. If I can get 2+ more covers in the next 2 weeks the I will combine them for a decent hero

Edit: also I'm pretty happy, with the venom and red iso event, I got enough hero points for 3 more slots today.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's nothing in the current event slot. Oh god, oh god what do we do now!

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Up to 17 cover spaces now and still it isn't enough. I have so many useless (for now) two or three star characters that I only have one or two covers of. Reminder: only spend hero points on cover space!, you will need it all

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Model 40 took me up to 22 slots. I have a collection issue.

On a brighter note, I just logged in to a "You have reached 400!" Message and an Iron Man. Some poor bastard lost to me so badly I got a whole 37 points for it. :getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, there's those times where I'm going in expecting to pummel a poor bastard for easy points, when their first match sets off a ridiculous chain reaction that leaves my entire team dead. :negative:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Got my Top 500 in Venom (two Bullseyes) and #18 in Unstable (IM40 Red, Yellow, 500 Gold). All according to plan.

Still need one more Bullseye Black to turn him into a murder machine. Two critical tiles? :getin:

My Island of Unleveled Misfit Rares is now Wolverine X-Force, Widow Grey Suit, Doom, Magneto Classic.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Just caught up on ye olde Facebook friend list again. Gotta maximize my free ISO!

I've noticed something odd with shared rewards: if I get a 140 ISO reward and it asks me to share, I get a pop up with 25 people - none of whom are PQ players. Any other reward, and I get a choice of 3 people who are PQ players.

I'd also like to say that the number of times I forgot to select Classic Storm and instead punched Venom in the face and set off a fatal cascade was... well, it's an embarrassingly high number.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Russad posted:

Just caught up on ye olde Facebook friend list again. Gotta maximize my free ISO!

I've noticed something odd with shared rewards: if I get a 140 ISO reward and it asks me to share, I get a pop up with 25 people - none of whom are PQ players. Any other reward, and I get a choice of 3 people who are PQ players.

I'd also like to say that the number of times I forgot to select Classic Storm and instead punched Venom in the face and set off a fatal cascade was... well, it's an embarrassingly high number.

I've run into that same Facebook issue. This morning though, I woke up to a 500 Iso8 reward (I think.. it was surprisingly high) from someone who I had no idea played (brother-in-law's girlfriend), which is strange.. She's a closet geek, but she's insanely busy in her final year of grad school. I never expected her to be playing this in her spare time. I really hope it isn't just choosing random people's names from your Facebook friends.

Edit: Huh, it actually is her playing.. She's been texting me all morning looking for advice. Never pegged her as the type.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 4, 2013

Grezshnaw
Jun 7, 2004

Ninja Turtledove
Added my name to the facebook list. https://www.facebook.com/grez.shnaw

This game is such a terrible timesink. I keep checking for a new arena event to throw myself into.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Yes, if you have this game tied to your main facebook, it will want you to send the "I just sent you a helpful item in mpq!" to random people. You think we all made fake facebook accounts for the gently caress of it?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Deep Winter posted:

Yes, if you have this game tied to your main facebook, it will want you to send the "I just sent you a helpful item in mpq!" to random people. You think we all made fake facebook accounts for the gently caress of it?

I had already locked mine to my real account before anyone mentioned this brilliant idea. It never even crossed my mind. :smith:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It was interesting to see how the metagame collapsed so visibly to Venom-Storm-Thor. Granted, those are two of the easiest useful pieces to obtain and level, but they shouldn't be the only game in town. It made for a very volatile tourney but also a frustrating one.

I found the Unstable event to be a lot more rewarding, as the big repeatables at the end were logic puzzles of sorts -- now how am I going to clear THIS one without boosts and without getting someone's rear end kicked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
New event! Free for all, get your best dudes and have it. Juggernaut and Loki are buffed. Winners get another iron man Mark 40.

E: God drat, I'm starting to rethink juggernaut. A level 17 one does 1500 damage to his enemies, and 200 to himself, but I guess that's cause he's buffed. But Jesus.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 4, 2013