Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe Megatron transforms into another Nerf gun.

Also, yay for Sky-Byte. I hope his bio on the box will be in haiku form as promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Going off of that list, it mentions two "TRA" figures. What could those be? Last I checked that stood for Transformers: Animated.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

There are an awful lot of loose Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy figures on eBay being shipped out of Korea, it's safe to assume they're KO's? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Transformers+Beast+Wars+Neo+Big+Convoy&_sop=15

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

strangehamster posted:

There are an awful lot of loose Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy figures on eBay being shipped out of Korea, it's safe to assume they're KO's? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Transformers+Beast+Wars+Neo+Big+Convoy&_sop=15

Going by the box it's the same kind I bought years ago and it's just as good quality wise as the Universe Nemesis Prime version Hasbro released a couple years after that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

strangehamster posted:

No those are official figures. They just came in a cheaper Korea version box. Same toy, same quality, just a lovely poorly assembled box instead of the better Japanese window box. Takara just had a deal with a Korean company so that's why they came in different styled boxes.

I got Gigastorm that way, the largest Beast Era Predacon that ever existed. And I paid maybe 25 dollars for him in total brand new.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

LightsGameraAction posted:

Going off of that list, it mentions two "TRA" figures. What could those be? Last I checked that stood for Transformers: Animated.

Virtually everything on those lists begins with TRA. It's TRAnsformers abreviated.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Also, somebody with too much time in they hands holiday cheer, volunteer to run the secret santa.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm going to say that there's a pretty good chance of generations Leader Jetfire and Megatron being two original molds. They already made Metroplex the largest transformer ever for Generations, so what's two original leader figures?

It makes sense for jetfire to get a leader figure because then he'll be in proper G1 Toy scale to the rest of the figures. :colbert:

That and he was a tall guy on the show. Either way he's going to tower over his voyager figure, which is a pretty good rendition of the character in itself.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

WendigoJohnson posted:

I'm going to say that there's a pretty good chance of generations Leader Jetfire and Megatron being two original molds. They already made Metroplex the largest transformer ever for Generations, so what's two original leader figures?

It makes sense for jetfire to get a leader figure because then he'll be in proper G1 Toy scale to the rest of the figures. :colbert:

That and he was a tall guy on the show. Either way he's going to tower over his voyager figure, which is a pretty good rendition of the character in itself.

Considering the lawsuit with Harmony Gold is over I hope they design the figure to basically wag the middle finger at them as much as possible.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Considering the lawsuit with Harmony Gold is over I hope they design the figure to basically wag the middle finger at them as much as possible.

Thy already did this recently with the SDCC GI Joe Jetfire vehicle.

The Original classics one even had a removable helmet to mimic the Valkyrie face.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

WendigoJohnson posted:

Thy already did this recently with the SDCC GI Joe Jetfire vehicle.

The Original classics one even had a removable helmet to mimic the Valkyrie face.

I thought the SDCC Joe exclusive was the reason Harmony Gold brought the lawsuit to begin with.

Anyway, I'm just hoping they continue the proud tradition.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I really wanna see pictures of the Hasbro brainstorm, because there's like a gazillion 3rd party ones coming out and a decent 12 dollar figure is probably going to take the wind out of all of their sails.

Hardhead is using the warpath mold. Which I really don't have a problem with, the warpath mold is awesome.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

WendigoJohnson posted:

Hardhead is using the warpath mold. Which I really don't have a problem with, the warpath mold is awesome.

Really? I like the mold too but I'm ready for a visually distinct Hardhead already.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Really? I like the mold too but I'm ready for a visually distinct Hardhead already.

Yeah it was shown on the Warpath instructions. He's got the head of Hardhead.

It's nice they're making non-headmaster Headmaster guys though. However as far as robot partners go, all the new Legends class target master partner guys are all nitche characters. It also seems that the repaints will not be packaged with the same targetmaster guy as their original molds.

Nemesis Prime is coming with Spinister, yes THAT Spinister. Real good chance of him using Legends Bumblebee's Helicopter partner mold.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 3, 2013

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

WendigoJohnson posted:

I'm fine with a leader class Jetfire towering over everyone else, since like you said the character and G1 toy were big, but I'll be a little annoyed if the we finally get a good-updated, realistic alt-moded, Classics-style Megatron, and he's leader class and dramatically out-of-scale with all the other Classics. Unless they really knock it out of the park and he can stand alongside the Masterpiece guys as their way of atoning from the fact that they'll never be able to release a true G1 masterpiece Megatron domestically, I'd love to see that, but I don't think that's likely at the $50 price point.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

I'm fine with a leader class Jetfire towering over everyone else, since like you said the character and G1 toy were big, but I'll be a little annoyed if the we finally get a good-updated, realistic alt-moded, Classics-style Megatron, and he's leader class and dramatically out-of-scale with all the other Classics. Unless they really knock it out of the park and he can stand alongside the Masterpiece guys as their way of atoning from the fact that they'll never be able to release a true G1 masterpiece Megatron domestically, I'd love to see that, but I don't think that's likely at the $50 price point.

Leader size is probably going to be Bruticus size. Considering that the Decepticons have 3 different Bruticus versions he's not really going to be that much out of scale with the majority of generation 2.0 decepticons. Also There's a megatron for every size class already, we have Deluxe, Voyager, and Legend class megatrons.

Mind you the Generations large scale figures are bigger in size that their Prime counterparts.

And for people thinking that nerf gun colors are a bad thing, they already made a new line of nerf guns and a few of them have megatron's color scheme. Yes they're silver, black, white, and purple. They also look like guns, and some look like crossbows.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 3, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

strangehamster posted:

Also, somebody with too much time in they hands holiday cheer, volunteer to run the secret santa.

On it. I run the Doctor Who thread one too, so it's just another list of names.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

On it. I run the Doctor Who thread one too, so it's just another list of names.

Then sign me up! :buddy:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

Not that Hasbro follows logic all that often, but G2 Megatron is the only thing that makes sense to me as a Leader sized figure, just because of the size of the G2 figure. Still got my money on RotF reissues/repaints, though I'd love a Leader-sized G1 Skyfire design.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

strangehamster posted:

Then sign me up! :buddy:

I'll open it up in about a week! :D

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'd be OK with them rolling G2 and G1 Megatron into one and just releasing a big Tank Megatron but with his G1 color scheme and robot mode details.

They could also release a voyager Stealth Bomber Megatron, I would SO buy that.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Blackheart posted:

I'd be OK with them rolling G2 and G1 Megatron into one and just releasing a big Tank Megatron but with his G1 color scheme and robot mode details.

Repaints man, repaints. Do one in G2 green and purple camo, then the purple hero G2 Megatron, G1 colors, and RiD Bludgeon. Gotta get some mileage out of a leader class.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

strangehamster posted:

My Big Convoy is the Korean version. It's perfectly fine.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

They already had the Universe 2.0 Tank Megatron be this.

Granted it used the lovely Classics barely deluxe size Megatron, but it still counts. :colbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

This little turd here

is not this:

I mean, that jerk doesn't even have two hands!

I mean, this guy here is a little better, but still no cigar. His head is pretty much perfect! Too bad the rest of him isn't.

This guy here is the closest we've gotten. All right, this guy looks just like his big bro! But uh... he's just a wee little fella.

Basically the point of this post is no matter how many times they homage G2 Megatron, I'll never be satisfied as I'm a big sperglord rear end in a top hat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope you're not sassin' the Bludgeon mold, Gamma. We gonna have issues if that 's the case. :colbert:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I always liked this G2 Megatron more.

With his bigger counterpart, I could never get the head out without a screwdriver to pry it out. Also his legs had more joints.

Don't need your lame giant green Megatrons, because clearly, this Megatron rules!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I hope you're not sassin' the Bludgeon mold, Gamma. We gonna have issues if that 's the case. :colbert:

He isn't, it's just that the mold was made for and, works only with, Bludgeon.

Banzaitron gets a pass because of the superior colorscheme, that is one kickin' rad recolor.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not! He makes a fine Bludgeon.

...He just makes for a terrible anything that isn't Bludgeon. I'm looking at you, Botcon Overlord.

(Okay, he makes a fine Banzai-tron, too.)

SlothfulCobra posted:

With his bigger counterpart, I could never get the head out without a screwdriver to pry it out. Also his legs had more joints.

Don't need your lame giant green Megatrons, because clearly, this Megatron rules!

Yeah, that one is the better toy for sure, but I didn't have him growing up, I had Mr. Big Green Brick, whom I want a remake of for purely selfish reasons.

Even though G2 Hero Megatron is a totally different mold than the big green one (that's much more posable), they both share the same design, more or less. So if either Hasbro or a third party were to make a proper remake of the figure, whether it be a voyager or leader or what, they could easily do one up in green\purple and another up in purple\black and everybody's happy. They could even do one in G1 silver\red\black. And one in RiD yellow\white.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Don't forget Reverse Convoy.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 4, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Don't forget Reverse Convoy.

Oh, I always forget Reverse Convoy. I really shouldn't, because he has perhaps the neatest gimmick of them all.

They got a hell of a lot of use outta that G2 Megatron design. For a version of the character that almost never appears in fiction aside from the G2 comics and a few issues of G.I. Joe, tank Megatron has gotten a lot of mileage.

I was really hoping that when he got tired of being a stealth bomber, IDW Megatron would become the big green tank. Changing forms \ toys in Transformers comics is starting to be like changing costumes in superhero comics, and I'm okay with that.

While Megatron is constantly changing alt modes as has been pretty much everything, (vs. Optimus who is almost always either a tractor trailer or firetruck) I think Megatron has been a tank more times than anything else. I kinda feel like if you can't make Megatron a gun, you should make him a tank, because a tank is basically a big gun on wheels. Especially if said tank is a self-propelled Howitzer.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
So, Saturday, my long-delayed shipment of FansProject Last Chance and Down Shift arrived (I finally separated them from Chaos/Paladin), as well as MP Bluestreak and Prowl. Also, V-Stock had a 33% off sale on all pre-owned toys and I picked up an Optimus Primal for 20 bucks.

So, that was my weekend.

Last Chance (Deadend) and Down Shift (Dragstrip) are both fantastic little buggers. This line of toys feels incredibly fragile though, so their delicate engineering and super-tight fits make you feel like you are going to break them at any given moment, especially in the early stages from alt-mode to robot (or the late stages of the opposite). However, as fragile as they feel, they act really sturdy, and these guys are nowhere nearly as bad as Car Crash (Breakdown) is in terms of having to expend all your possible finger strength ever to transform him.

They are super-poseable, look great in both modes, and have fun transformations (outside of the terror-aspect) that make it enjoyable to transform a car. That's no easy feat after fifteen thousand car transformations in the history of these toys. I look forward to non-Motormaster!

MP Bluestreak and Prowl
are both loving fantastic, but you know this already. I will probably end up getting whatever shoulder-cannon upgrades come out for them (they do look a little dinky), and their feet are sort of tough to figure out at first, but on the whole they look fantastic. Their transformations are sort of...involved? I don't know. I'm not sure I've quite figured out the method yet. Especially when I'm doing the top half of the torso, I feel like I'm spinning plates a bit, and then it all comes together in this beautiful package so I don't care that much. I want whatever add-on that lets Prowl say "Pfft" forever and ever.

I'm also definitely getting Smokescreen now, no question.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

SlothfulCobra posted:

You rear end in a top hat, thanks for reminding me to spend $35 on United Archforce.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Ka0 posted:

You rear end in a top hat, thanks for reminding me to spend $35 on United Archforce.

Noooo! Don't! Get the original G2 one! Don't spend $35 on that piece of crud! Dude doesn't even have a proper hand, some some weird janky spinning thing. I mean, he's better than the two-pack Optimus but not by much!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I think I actually have my original G2 Hero Megs and the Hero Optimus if anyone wants them. No launchers sadly, those are long gone.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If we got a leader sized tank transformer it would be probably the largest tank transformer that ever existed post G2. Outside of Bludgeon the only other large tank transformer was Armada Megatron.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Leader class Brawl?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Leader class Brawl?

Everyone forgets about Leader class Brawl. One of my favorite movie toys.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhinox and Double Dealer are up for pre-order on HTS, theres a 20% and free shipping code right now too Family2013

Rhinox
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-voyager-class-rhinox-figure?BR=496&ID=32484

Double Dealer
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-voyager-class-decepticon-doubledealer-figure?BR=496&ID=32483

Picked up both of those and all the legends packs for $69 shipped. Not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

WendigoJohnson posted:

If we got a leader sized tank transformer it would be probably the largest tank transformer that ever existed post G2. Outside of Bludgeon the only other large tank transformer was Armada Megatron.

I have an Armada Megatron, with all it's missiles and the little yellow dude too at my Mum's house. He's basically a crap Scorponok though.

Plus two Armada Optimuse Primes here, I've no idea where the trailer that formed him into Super Optimus went though. God bless freebies from work when they had the license for Armada watches & clocks and I didn't give a gently caress back then. Armada Megatrons go for what, £15 tops these days?