Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Holy poo poo that second half! Don't think my arsehole has been that puckered in years

With a good coach and a skilled ballplayer welly aint as poo as they were. All white commitments wont help, but I don't think they will get the spoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Jesus, will all of you cunts stop enjoying the games and being so positive, THIS IS NOT WHAT IT'S ABOUT.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adnar posted:

Jesus, will all of you cunts stop enjoying the games and being so positive, THIS IS NOT WHAT IT'S ABOUT.

Sorry about your misery Mr Negative. Mustafa and I had an impromtu goon meet at the pig to watch the Roar win yesterday and good times were had.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Tongues posted:

Holy poo poo that second half! Don't think my arsehole has been that puckered in years

Carlos! Champion!

But seriously, Muscat's Plan A is as good as Ange's (because it's the same), but his Plan B doesn't seem to exist all that much. Archie was knackered after 60 min but played out the game, and he took off Troisi who was on a hat-trick.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Adnar posted:

Hearts fan spotted.

I agree that this year is looking exciting tho, there seems to be enough drama every other week to make a lot of games 6-pointers.

And how long have sen been doing live commentary? I've quite literally just found them on the radio and its amazing, just a shame that my car radio makes it sound like one of those spooky Russian number stations

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Hearts fan spotted.

I agree that this year is looking exciting tho, there seems to be enough drama every other week to make a lot of games 6-pointers.

And how long have sen been doing live commentary? I've quite literally just found them on the radio and its amazing, just a shame that my car radio makes it sound like one of those spooky Russian number stations

Seasons been off to a typical start - plenty of bloopers for the season highlight reel but the drama llama seems to be bigger than normal this year. Which is awesome, even though the football might not quite be yet.

SEN been doing it for a while for the Melbourne matches IIRC, but all matches are played (and streamed) on ABC Local Radio in that particular teams town, or on Grandstand Digital and Online if your not in town. How this goes for fans overseas I'm not sure. CoastFM for those on the Central Goats are also still broadcasting matches, so I suspect all the old hometown broadcasters are still doing it.

Adds up to some pretty significant exposure. Might be enough to cement the code as number 3 in this country, and everyone's "B" League, much like cricket is to the AFL/Rugby/League hordes.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 5, 2013

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Looks like my Twitter abuse is having an impact: http://www.frankfarina.net/2/post/2013/11/on-ducks-and-fans.html#comments

wanker

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune posted:

Adds up to some pretty significant exposure. Might be enough to cement the code as number 3 in this country, and everyone's "B" League, much like cricket is to the AFL/Rugby/League hordes.

It obviously has surpassed state-level cricket as the summer sport of choice but if Australia keeps sucking in internationals it'll be the summer sport. In fact, some commentators are already saying it is (Victorian ones at that!)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Adnar posted:

Looks like my Twitter abuse is having an impact: http://www.frankfarina.net/2/post/2013/11/on-ducks-and-fans.html#comments

wanker

You're not the only one #RudanIn

Also who ever made this account deserves a beer https://twitter.com/FrankFarinaOut

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
:staredog: That Heart physio is the size of a loving bus

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
This week Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 (which is showing the world championship of Ping Pong from Las Vegas) is on a day earlier because Fox loves showing replays of UFC fights from brazil that aired a hour or two before on the main Fox Sports 1. Anyway in another three hour the Melbourne Victory will be taking on Sydney FC starting at 4:30 am est/3:30 am cst/1:30 am pst.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Sounds like Victory v Sydney game had a mental first half.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Definitely - 5 goals, 5 yellows and a red all in the first half! Its got me seriously considering getting foxsports if there was some way to just get the channels I want

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

:cool: :getin: :cool:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tongues posted:

Definitely - 5 goals, 5 yellows and a red all in the first half! Its got me seriously considering getting foxsports if there was some way to just get the channels I want

https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm

If you have unlimited internet that could be okay. Like everything it's set up so you have to pay 50 a month to get the 25 you want but still, it's a start.

I can't wait till the day we get online streaming services like the NBA/MLB/NFL in the states. :smith:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

LordPants posted:

https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm

If you have unlimited internet that could be okay. Like everything it's set up so you have to pay 50 a month to get the 25 you want but still, it's a start.

I can't wait till the day we get online streaming services like the NBA/MLB/NFL in the states. :smith:

The quality is rather poo poo for $50 a month, unfortunately

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Put me down as an Adelaide United supporter.

Super keen to watch some A-League on Friday nights this year rather than watch Australia get belted in the cricket :getin:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Cheers for the heads up guys, I might keep an eye out for it when I stop being a poor as poo poo uni student Jesus Christ my life choices arrrgh

At the moment I'm really getting in to the SEN coverage, I recommend it heartily if you need your fix and can't get to the games - they do a good job mic-ing up the crowd so the atmosphere pipes through pretty well.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Put me down as an Adelaide United supporter.

Super keen to watch some A-League on Friday nights this year rather than watch Australia get belted in the cricket :getin:

Please note that this makes us enemies every 4 - 6 weeks for 90 or so minutes. Not really your fault, just general Collingwoodesque evil empire stuff all the non-victory plebs get. You understand.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Cheers for the heads up guys, I might keep an eye out for it when I stop being a poor as poo poo uni student Jesus Christ my life choices arrrgh

At the moment I'm really getting in to the SEN coverage, I recommend it heartily if you need your fix and can't get to the games - they do a good job mic-ing up the crowd so the atmosphere pipes through pretty well.
SEN will never be as good as before Heart were in the league and Zappers and Trimmers never had to pretend to be impartial.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
One more reason to disband Heart and pretend it never happened.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

Please note that this makes us enemies every 4 - 6 weeks for 90 or so minutes. Not really your fault, just general Collingwoodesque evil empire stuff all the non-victory plebs get. You understand.

*checks schedule* in about 11 days you can go and get hosed, buddy :argh:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Tongues posted:

One more reason to disband Heart and pretend it never happened.

Do this but bring back gold coast

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Byolante posted:

Do this but bring back gold coast

Only if Crazy Clive is still involved.

Bonus points if he involves dinosaurs in some way.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Only if Crazy Clive is still involved.

Bonus points if he involves dinosaurs in some way.

Like when the broncos had a horse run about when they scored a try, but a mechanical trex being ridden by clive

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
If Clive Palmer ever went through with his mad scheme of a rival league I would have jumped ship so loving hard they'd still be talking about the children who choked to death in the wake of my cloud of dust.

Could you imagine being on the ground floor of all that insanity? "Oh yeah I was totally there when Mad Clive began the Palmer Australian Football Soccer United Football Association of Australia - I'm a foundation member of the Woollongong Triceratops :black101:"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Clive Palmer revolutionising football World Series Cricket style would be a hell of a thing. But then again, considering how one day cricket is faring these days it's probably for the best that he didn't.

Also, I should shut up about cricket in the A-League thread.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
More like "considering how the NRL ended up..."

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I'd rather you talked about cricket or NRL in this thread than Clive loving Palmer. Giving that oxygen thief any legitimacy is the worst thing this country has done.

bootney_lee
Sep 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQTNHhDTC54

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PnnNjyPjs

Harper, reason alone that Fox Sports is better than SBS.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Part time Roar fan, basically whenever I remember to watch them.

Was in Melbourne a few weeks back for Postecoglou's last game, well that was fun. :downs:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Looks like Melbourne Heart is going to be searching for that goal for a while longer!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
A colleague at work told me that a friend of his had tried to get him to follow heart, but because he'd heard me talking poo poo about heart and calling their fans "the greenseats" he decided against it. I've been walking around looking like :smuggo: all day

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Sydney have thankfully remembered to set the switch to "decent" rather than "poo poo" as it had been all year so far.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

iajanus posted:

Sydney have thankfully remembered to set the switch to "decent" rather than "poo poo" as it had been all year so far.

false dawn

they will always be borderline under farina, garbageman coach

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

They were absolutely god awful. Playing against the Heart would make 10 dead dogs and a beggar with no legs look like barcelona.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Once again because of UFC this weeks Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 will be starting in another 3 hours as Melbourne Victory takes on Western Sydney Wanderers starting at 4:30am est/3:30 am cst/1:30 am pst.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hasnt been a bad game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Just going to pretend round 6 never happened and enjoy my dodgy online stream of the Socceroos v Costa Rica like a poor person.

Actually not looking too bad at all!

• Locked thread