Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

mad.radhu posted:

I have not, I'm going to open the Southern Charred next Tuesday since I bought two (celebration, getting out of the marines). Is there a more appropriate place around here to post a review?

If there is, page me :) Also congratulations and thanks for your honor, if your around Ohio I will buy you a drink or 4, thanks again for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Crain posted:

Only weird thing about it is that there is no ! key. It has @ but no !. Which is just...strange. I guess the guys at Royal after WW2 were just very, very polite.

I recall that was an intentional design to minimise the keys. You are meant to type 1 (or l) and then backspace and type a period underneath it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

V for Vegas posted:

I recall that was an intentional design to minimise the keys. You are meant to type 1 (or l) and then backspace and type a period underneath it.

I just checked and there is no 1 either. I guess lowercase L comes out fine for that, but it really doesn't look like a ! since the . just clips with the bottom of the l.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Unh, I was getting mixed up. The l replaces the one. The single apostrophe is used over a period.

For content

Been jonesing to read this, time to re-live 2012.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

V for Vegas posted:

Been jonesing to read this, time to re-live 2012.
Is this about the KFC sandwich with chicken instead of bread?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Having a good time with it so far.

Dishonorable Disco
Dec 22, 2009

the sun always shines on TV

Crain posted:

Only weird thing about it is that there is no ! key. It has @ but no !. Which is just...strange. I guess the guys at Royal after WW2 were just very, very polite.

That's one of the quirks of older manual typewriters. ! is normally shift-1, but there's no 1 key; on these machines the lowercase L serves as a 1. To get ! you type period-backspace-apostrophe.

e: aaaaaaaaaand, beaten.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Ordered from Amazon.com 20.10; delivery estimate was 19.11; got the books today. Thanks, Amazon!

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
Send them back, trust me

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Millow posted:

Send them back, trust me

But I just got them? :confused: The package was torn and beat, but the books were mostly intact and I really wanted them with those covers.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
Bought some things:

For Fun

For Run

New Tie

Also ~$90 of beers that I can't get in my state (thanks NC) and gas and hotel for a friends kickass wedding.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
I didn't think British people liked Rand.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Ihmemies posted:

But I just got them? :confused:

We need to know why you want to read this so we can determine if it's OK to tell you that you are a terrible person.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

LTBS posted:

New Tie

That looks like a tie I've had for years, I found it in the street while walking home one night, it's still my favourite.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

Ihmemies posted:

But I just got them? :confused: The package was torn and beat, but the books were mostly intact and I really wanted them with those covers.

The covers are great but the 'gently caress you got mine' mentality the books preach is all kinds of terrible, which is what I think people were getting at. Enjoy them, don't buy into her philosophy.

Content: I got a new moleskine journal (because I'm a pretentious douche) for plotting out my nanowrimo entry.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Two tickets (with a free bump to first class on the return) to Cancun, Mexico:

For a three day stay at the Grand Riviera Princess in Playa del Carmen:

Where we spent some time in Playa del Carmen's 5th Street:

During Dia de los Muertos:

All for my girlfriend's birthday (because she really wanted to go for the day of the dead celebration and her birthday was Sunday).

P.S. we already went and it was incredible.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Picked up some moleskin notebooks and a Uniball Jetstream.

I don't see the big deal about moleskins, but the Jetstream may be the best pen I've ever used.

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

I am so excited. I remember reading that she got a book deal before she disappeared off the internet for a while, and am so pumped that this has been released!

Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking forward to it!

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

App13 posted:

Picked up some moleskin notebooks and a Uniball Jetstream.

I don't see the big deal about moleskins, but the Jetstream may be the best pen I've ever used.

I think it's an aesthetic thing. As there are plenty companies making notebooks with high quality paper nowadays. Me, I like to collect the special edition ones.

The jetstream is such a good pen. I got a Japanese metal body one with a gel grip from Jetpens, so good.

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

tomstuart posted:

Two tickets (with a free bump to first class on the return) to Cancun, Mexico:

For a three day stay at the Grand Riviera Princess in Playa del Carmen:

My god, everybody gets their own stretch of pool.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Fozaldo posted:

My god, everybody gets their own stretch of pool.

Don't worry they are all interconnected so that shitpiss the kid down the way just took will eventually find its way to you.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
X-52 Pro

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Picked it up because it has a nice discount right now. $195 instead of the usual $229. Gonna make my mom very happy. :)

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Trastion posted:

Don't worry they are all interconnected so that shitpiss the kid down the way just took will eventually find its way to you.

That's why you go to the adult only resorts in Cancun! :eng101:

I've been twice because of my ex's company sending us all +1 to Cancun, which was great and all, but the second trip at the adults only resort was far more relaxing (I would not be able to afford this otherwise, haha).

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

Can I ask where you got this? I've been trying to find one for awhile.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Cham King posted:

Since you're not in the UK I don't think it would be much help, sorry.

Also just pre-ordered this:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Cham King posted:

$110, prime eligible on Amazon.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Just FYI that's the older X-52, I imagine it's the newer X-52 Pro he's having trouble finding.

Comma Chameleon
Apr 30, 2008

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Just FYI that's the older X-52, I imagine it's the newer X-52 Pro he's having trouble finding.

Yeah that's right I assumed they were discontinued but a quick google reveals they just sold out everywhere and a new production run has been commissioned.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Well as long as you don't help him out in any way, I suppose it'll be fine then.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Well, maybe the wedded tax benefits will help cancel out the money I'm spending. Both of these arrived at my doorstep today.

Custom midnight blue shawl collar tuxedo from Dragon Inside. I need to taper the pants a bit below the knee, but the jacket fits great.

(That was just the first white shirt I grabbed, I'm not wearing that one, and they through that tie in for free, I have a nice black silk self-tie one on order)

Damascus Steel wedding band with a wood grain pattern and a ghost etched interior from Chris Ploof Designs

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

rockcity posted:

Damascus Steel wedding band with a wood grain pattern and a ghost etched interior from Chris Ploof Designs

That is absolutely gorgeous. Do both bands match? Could you post a pic of both if so?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Night Danger Moose posted:

That is absolutely gorgeous. Do both bands match? Could you post a pic of both if so?

She's actually not doing a wedding band. Her engagement ring is sort of a unique shape and we both agreed that adding a band to it would throw off the look of it. We're just going to use the engagement ring in the ceremony instead.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

rockcity posted:

Congrats! I've had a Chris Ploof as my wedding band for almost 2 years and I'm very happy with it. Get ready to answer a lot of "what is that?" type questions.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bud posted:

Congrats! I've had a Chris Ploof as my wedding band for almost 2 years and I'm very happy with it. Get ready to answer a lot of "what is that?" type questions.

Yeah, I'm definitely expecting that and that's sort of why I chose it. I like the idea of choosing a different looking ring and damascus steel appeals to my love of cooking and knives. I had never really thought much about it until my friend got a meteorite wedding band and it got me curious as to what else was out there in terms of the even more alternative materials.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.

Dr Scoofles posted:

I just spent a ton of money on a 20cm resin statue of Sgt Chesterfield from the Belgian comic series Les Tuniques Bleues. It's gawdy looking as gently caress, nobody here has any idea who he is and I think he's totally awesome.

I actually found a couple of albums when I was going through my old stuff from when I was a kid, love that comic.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
After a big debacle with theft and breakdowns and lovely people who will never rent my gear again, I got my turntables back from the shop!!! They look and feel absolutely brand-new, my guy did a really good job on them. Replaced the cables with braided lines, and everything.

To celebrate, I spent over $250 on vinyl this weekend! First time I've spun real LPs in years. Feels good, man.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Nice ring, does that type of steel (damascus) tarnish more easily than gold or silver?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

colas posted:

Nice ring, does that type of steel (damascus) tarnish more easily than gold or silver?

I'm not sure really, but I'm curious to find out. I know it's very durable, but I haven't read about tarnishing. I'm actually hoping it does dull down slightly, it's shinier than I thought it was going to be. I still love it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Gorilla Salad posted:

Well as long as you don't help him out in any way, I suppose it'll be fine then.

What's your problem? I already said I'm in the UK so posting the UK based site that I bought it from is not gonna be of any help to him.

• Locked thread