Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Top 25 for a sleeping beauty cover? Guess he'll stay under-leveled.

Loving the Juggernaut reward tokens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Does juggernaut's unstoppable clash scale with strike tiles? He might be a really good combo with daken. 6 green ap makes something like 40-50 extra damage. That multiplied by 16 is 640-800 damage not including whatever juggernaut does naturally. My level 50 Thor does 663 damage with 6 red ap. That is pretty comparable.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Deep Winter posted:

New event! Free for all, get your best dudes and have it. Juggernaut and Loki are buffed. Winners get another iron man Mark 40.

E: God drat, I'm starting to rethink juggernaut. A level 17 one does 1500 damage to his enemies, and 200 to himself, but I guess that's cause he's buffed. But Jesus.

Yeah, kinda wish I'd kept all of those Juggernaut covers now. 200% buff is insane. Even if you win you still risk taking massive damage (and therefore recovery time). Have to hope not many people have him levelled.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shwqa posted:

Does juggernaut's unstoppable clash scale with strike tiles? He might be a really good combo with daken. 6 green ap makes something like 40-50 extra damage. That multiplied by 16 is 640-800 damage not including whatever juggernaut does naturally. My level 50 Thor does 663 damage with 6 red ap. That is pretty comparable.

It's not multiplied by 16. Strike tiles deal extra damage per attack, not per tile destroyed. If you deal 10 damage per blue tile shattered, and you have one 10 damage strike tile out, you will 40 damage for matching 3 blues, not 60 damage. Your Thor would deal 673 damage with his strike with that 10 damage strike tile out.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man a level 20 storm classic, level 30 Thor, level 38 juggernaut easy win right? 2980 damage head butt :stare:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Juggernaut is scary powerful in this tourney. Any team without Juggernaut is easy pickings.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Which will be me because the prizes are ehhh and I can't be bothered to fetch and level a Juggie for this. Just gonna get my Cap Red at 425 to max my Cap's skillset and then it's just futzing around for ISO.

EDIT: Wow, that didn't take long. Now to save my effort because there's no point in being #3 with four days to go.

A skilled-up Juggy is a really scary thing in this tournament. Picture a 5/5 Juggy. Start with +3 to all AP, +3 to Red/Yellow, +3 to Green/Black. Juggernaut OPENS with a Headbutt for huge damage, then immediately does Unstoppable Crash if he doesn't like the playfield.

delfin fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 4, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I really hate how you can lose a match because you set up your combo one turn too late. Or the game fucks you over by making your sole possible move require you to put your weakest hero in the spotlight when you know your opponent is about to use an attack that can OHKO it. Give me a loving defend option

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its 500 player brackets for this event so it wont be as brutal as the Venom comp. Still, steering clear of Juggs. Buffing Loki is a dick move though, he is really more of a support guy and the buff means he is at the front to take damage all the time.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'm sure glad I sold of those millions of Juggernauts I got last week. :(

I'm really hoping they consider changing the attacked by players thing at some point. By the end of the Venom event I was getting hit for 20+ points from teams I could barely handle with boosts and were giving me points in the single digits. I put my phone down to eat dinner last night and lost 180 points with the opportunity to gain 30 back.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont worry, he will be useless again once the tournament is over.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I'm actually okay with other Juggernaut teams, since I can just focus on picking up reds to OHKO theirs before mine goes down.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I didn't participate in the Venom event at all because solo he kinda sucks and I don't have a Spiderman to team him up with, and I actually used Juggernaut in my "B Team" for a while, so this is right up my alley. Makes up for last week, that's for sure. Any word on doing another event like the Red Iso8? That was awesome.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

I'm still sort of hoping for more lightning rounds soon, those were great (if only for the constant stream of free ISO from facebook, I sucked at actually placing in the brackets).

I suspect the next ISO event might be a while, that would take time to design every battle. Also they probably want to control the flow of free stuff, after last week gave out so much.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
So, I've added myself to the Facebook list, and have gone through and added everybody available.

https://www.facebook.com/jay.jamers.1, if you're so inclined.

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 5, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I didn't like the lightning rounds because they always took place between 10am-3pm for me, so I basically got a lunch hour to grind as much as possible for a participant's reward.

Also, I really need to turn my facebook email notifications off because I get all excited that someone's talking to me and it keeps being just my fake facebook making a dozen friends a day.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
Just signed up for the Facebook sharing - https://www.facebook.com/aharon.verno

Let's see if I have better luck with the sharing than I've had getting the last few covers for Storm and Thor!

Wendigo Fevre
Dec 9, 2008
Also signed up with the Facebook thing and added all the fake accounts in the doc to become friends with. https://www.facebook.com/randy.gunsmith

Let's get free phonegame poo poo together through the power of social media!

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
So... If we've already linked the game to our IRL Facebook and don't want to start over, we're boned? I'm not opposed to having some goons on my real life Facebook.

You can put that on my eTombstone.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Patch preview for R41

There look to be some balance changes to affect retreat and healing workarounds - but I really want to know more about those "UI changes and future Event types" - the Red ISO event was a way more enjoyable kind of race than constant PvP grinding...

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

So... If we've already linked the game to our IRL Facebook and don't want to start over, we're boned? I'm not opposed to having some goons on my real life Facebook.

You can put that on my eTombstone.

I would also like an answer to this. I just got into this and it just automatically connected to my FB. I've kinda hit the "curve" in the gameplay requiring me to have more resources and I want free stuff too. Threw a couple bucks at the IAP though because its a fun game.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

vibratingsheep posted:

Patch preview for R41

There look to be some balance changes to affect retreat and healing workarounds - but I really want to know more about those "UI changes and future Event types" - the Red ISO event was a way more enjoyable kind of race than constant PvP grinding...

Hopefully UI changes means it stops notifying me about the same poo poo over and over again. Yes I know my collection's full, just give me a second to train this guy. Yes I know this event is going on, I've been playing all weekend.

Losing free heals on leveling sort of sucks, but the change in cooldown to 36 minutes might be worth it.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Please add me! Made a fake FB account for this game.

http://www.facebook.com/hbsgame

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just send in a support request to d3publisher with your facebook numerical id and your in game id and uninstall the app from your facebook account to remove the stored data.

edit: I'm really liking Iron Man 40. Only use his yellow recharge power though, its essentially a yellow to red converter.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Nov 5, 2013

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
Obligatory fake facebook post.

https://www.facebook.com/danpq.marvelp

Please add!

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Getting on board the free stuff train with a fake Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/goonsir.williams

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
Some people listed in the Google doc that they've linked to their real Facebook account but it's list based. Does that mean there's a way to only show a certain list of people in Marvel Puzzle Quest? If so, how do you do it?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

vibratingsheep posted:

Patch preview for R41

Interesting -- this is an obvious nerf bat to the people who ground out huge amounts of Red ISOs via the repeatables, and I can't argue that it's inappropriate even after benefiting from it myself. I did enjoy the chess game of 'is this level beatable with no damage'.

I do hope they continue to keep PvE interesting because PvP tournaments will get into a rut quickly once everyone has pretty much the same teams.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I'm just loving destroying teams I normally wouldn't touch by using Juggernaut. I've just been selecting teams by not having juggernaut, and looking at their HP. I had one round I got lucky on the first turn and got an L shape followed by two more criticals in the cascades from it. Then I had racked up enough to start doing my green damage and ended up with 2 members of the team gone in the first turn.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I just throw out something with less than 500 hp and let them eat attacks by matching enviro tiles and classic storm decrees that the enemy team no longer exists. I also cherrypick like gently caress, of course.

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:
:eng101: PSA to everyone who keeps asking about switching their real FB account for their fake FB :eng101:

I was able to do this without contacting D3. On the title screen (where you see the animation of Iron Man shooting you for the thousandth time) there is a cog icon at the top that takes you to a Settings modal window. From there is an option to unlink your FB account which I did. After that, I logged into my fake FB account in the Android FB app. Then I went back to the same Settings window and hit the button to link my FB account. Bam, totally worked fine, I didn't lose any data, and now I had the FB account linked I wanted.

I think that's probably pretty low risk as long as you remember your PVP name so you can email it to support if everything goes wrong, but it seems fine on Android.

When I did that, it was about a week ago and I know they've changed the FB logic since then. If someone could confirm that would be awesome because it gets asked a couple times per page thread now and we gotta have more goons riding the FB train. :roboluv:

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I had been vendoring all of my Juggernaut covers, but I figured I'd give him a shot for this event. Thanks to shared covers and ISO from all of the facebook love, I'm sitting on a level 24 4/4 Juggernaut right now. I know the event boost is huge, but I was still surprised to see Juggs take attack priority over my level 85 Thor on green a few levels back.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010

brother-joseph posted:

:eng101: PSA to everyone who keeps asking about switching their real FB account for their fake FB :eng101:

I was able to do this without contacting D3. On the title screen (where you see the animation of Iron Man shooting you for the thousandth time) there is a cog icon at the top that takes you to a Settings modal window. From there is an option to unlink your FB account which I did. After that, I logged into my fake FB account in the Android FB app. Then I went back to the same Settings window and hit the button to link my FB account. Bam, totally worked fine, I didn't lose any data, and now I had the FB account linked I wanted.

I think that's probably pretty low risk as long as you remember your PVP name so you can email it to support if everything goes wrong, but it seems fine on Android.

When I did that, it was about a week ago and I know they've changed the FB logic since then. If someone could confirm that would be awesome because it gets asked a couple times per page thread now and we gotta have more goons riding the FB train. :roboluv:
There doesn't seem to be anything like that on the iOS version, or it got removed. All I can do in the settings menu related to Facebook is tap the little facebook icon which makes nothing happen.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

ImperialGuard posted:

There doesn't seem to be anything like that on the iOS version, or it got removed. All I can do in the settings menu related to Facebook is tap the little facebook icon which makes nothing happen.

I'm on the android version, and the same thing happens with me. I dunno what that guy is talking about.

ninguno
Jan 17, 2011
Accidentally stayed up till 5am. Signed on for facebook so I can umm... go to bed earlier?
peacelove47

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Created a fake facebook and added myself to the spreadsheet -- let me shower you with Hawkeye cards!

Omar
Jul 6, 2003
They unlinked mine after I sent an email, https://www.facebook.com/slade.wilson.5036 fake account

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I added a new fake account to the list as well. I will work on adding everyone on the list throughout the day.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Made a fake facebook, Fingers Mld.

I logged onto it using my facebook app then hit connect to facebook in the game. Is there a way to know if it connected to the new account instead of the real one it was on before?

Edit: doesn't work that way, apparently.

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

deadtear posted:

I just throw out something with less than 500 hp and let them eat attacks by matching enviro tiles and classic storm decrees that the enemy team no longer exists. I also cherrypick like gently caress, of course.

How does the game actually determine who gets the credit for an environment match? I've been trying this out, it worked with my min level Bagman and Hawkeye (M), but not with Magneto (MN), where levelled Wolverine would jump in there instead.

Edit: pretty sure they were all in the same slot.

When things go right, it's awesome, of course, you get close to a flawless victory (except for Bagman). It's surprising how often there just aren't any enviro matches, though, or the AI does too little damage, or something else goes wrong...

Kravdraa fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 5, 2013