Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I miss Jason from Vancouver on After Dark. Dave from Wisconsin blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So the Super Secret Guest on todays F4W is

FIGURE FOUR IS JERICHOOOOOO!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

HEY PODCAST LISTENERS DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE POOP SPORT POP CAST? We're running low and it'd be rad if we can get some more in.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Would a Daniel Bryan/Jericho feud disappoint?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

HulkaMatt posted:

HEY PODCAST LISTENERS DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE POOP SPORT POP CAST? We're running low and it'd be rad if we can get some more in.

how dumb is survivor series gonna be

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

How completely differently would the last few months of WWE have gone if Mark Henry hadn't gotten hurt and ended the Big Show/Henry tag team they were gonna do?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
What dumb gimmicks/storylines did any of you guys come up with when you were younger.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

the big show said "YES" a whole bunch, do you think that someone scripted that for him in a malicious attempt to bury daniel bryan or does he just say it because the chant is really over in a way complete divorced from Bryan and an easy way to get audiences involved in a segment (see: ADR's brief flirtation with a SI chant, Sheamus using it to mock Daniel Bryan, every indie show from the last couple years)

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 5, 2013

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ten Count: What terrible wrestlers/angles can you not help but remember fondly due to nostalgia?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

Why have you not read any of the book yet?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

achillesforever6 posted:

What dumb gimmicks/storylines did any of you guys come up with when you were younger.

Kane in a suit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HulkaMatt posted:

Why aren't you talking more about Norv Fernum?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punchsport Podcast: What are some angles or feuds that seemed to start terribly or just seemed like a bad idea, but grew on you and ended up winning you over for one reason or another?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

HulkaMatt posted:

The future of the Shield, and why WWE is stupid for signaling that they're making Reigns the big singles star.

Explain why New Japan is cool - what if you don't like the in-ring action?

Why do people still like Kane after he's been in so many horrifically terrible fueds?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Wazzu posted:

why WWE is stupid for signaling that they're making Reigns the big singles star.

This isn't stupid.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

This isn't stupid.

Certainly whether it's stupid is something they can discuss.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The podcast has been recorded and in our continuing efforts to make the show longer, tonight will be a special TWELVE COUNT!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The 12 Count - WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. PLEASE STAND BY.

Will be on itunes when The Goog wakes up and gets around to it!

TOPICS:

01.) RAW
02.) Where will Cody Rhodes be in 6 months?
03.) 3. From achillesforever6: What replaces TNA when it dies?
04.) Aside from Michael Elgin, who has the worst hair in professional wrestling?
05.) Who is the bigger star: Triple H or Chris Jericho?
06.) From Rarity: If you could have a match with anyone, who would it be?
07.) FEUD OF THE WEEK: Chris Jericho vs. Edge
08.) From flashy_mcflash: What aspect of pro wrestling in general (not specific moments, but more like tropes) do you find most difficult to explain to non-fans?
09.) WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Diamond Dallas Page
10.) Where will Cody Rhodes be in six months?
11.) YES! YES! YES! - The Big Show
12.) ??????????????

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 5, 2013

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

TOPICS:

01.) RAW
04.) Aside from Michael Elgin, who has the worst hair in professional wrestling?
08.) From flashy_mcflash: What aspect of pro wrestling in general (not specific moments, but more like tropes) do you find most difficult to explain to non-fans?
12.) ??????????????

Of course my question would get ignored. You can't prolong this, HulkaMatt. The day will come...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I lost my poo poo at "I kinda wanna fight Quackenbush! Like, not even wrestle, I want to fight him, and I reckon I could win!"

Now I really want to see Hulkamatt vs Mike Quackenbush, so I can see Hulkamatt push Quacky's poo poo in.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 5, 2013

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

VogeGandire posted:

I lost my poo poo at "I kinda wanna fight Quackenbush! Like, not even wrestle, I want to fight him, and I reckon I could win!"

Now I really want to see Hulkamatt vs Mike Quackenbush, so I can see Hulkamatt push Quacky's poo poo in.

If we're going a PSP mod vs. Quack, I'd prefer to see Fatherdog step in to the arena, to ensure maximum poo poo-ruining status is achieved

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

I forgot about Hulkamatt's 6 month rant about Quackenbush's tiny penis, so I was glad to be reminded.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dave angrily correcting Bryan on pronunciation is great.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Rodney the Piper posted:

RAPPOR!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Rodney the Piper posted:

Bryan deserved it. He writes for a living, he should know better :colbert:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

HulkaMatt posted:

TOPICS:

01.) RAW
12.) ??????????????

I've got a late question: Where will Cody Rhodes be in six months?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

I've got a late question: Where will Cody Rhodes be in six months?

I think first they should discuss where he is, then where is he compared to other periods in his career. Otherwise your answer would clearly be without meaning.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Bryan giving his chowder a star rating on Sunday's B&V really amused me.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hey is the 12 Count still not up on iTunes? I cannot download it. I am livid.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hey is the 12 Count still not up on iTunes? I cannot download it. I am livid.

Blame Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog The Goog

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
For both the Ten Count and the Pisscast: Which wrestler, past or present, has the best hair?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pisscast: Who would win in a fight: Hulkamatt or Mike Quackenbush?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pod/Pisscast: Please spend one hour, minimum, discussing the favourite animes of the WWE's top stars of the past two decades.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pisscast: Please tell me why Cody Rhodes is such a loving loser nerd who can't get over on anything except Zelda games.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Wazzu posted:

Explain why New Japan is cool - what if you don't like the in-ring action?

This question didn't get picked, perhaps because the only conceivable answer in 2013 is "there is very little to dislike about it aside from the fact that it's not in English." Almost every match on every iPPV card ranges from "good" to "legitimate Match of the Year pick," everybody's in-ring work and personalities are distinct, the booking has been logical and coherent while still including a few surprises, and it's well-produced.

In fact, in 2013 it'd be much MUCH harder to explain why TNA is worth watching and gameday thread-posting over each week for both Impact and PPVs instead of New Japan. The only answer I can offer is that "fandom" and "community" are such powerful forces that people would much rather share the same mostly negative experience concurrently with a group (as watching Impact tends to be) than have a mostly positive experience in relative isolation. Which most people watching New Japan in North America would be doing, since the live broadcast is at a time when most people are asleep.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It didn't get picked because I asked it after we came up with 10 topics so we can have stuff for next week. :v:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

HulkaMatt posted:

It didn't get picked because I asked it after we came up with 10 topics so we can have stuff for next week. :v:

You had 12 topics.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Goog, stop hooging us, you rear end in a top hat.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Well the Pisscast should do THIRTEEN TOPICS YEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Podcasters: It's the survior series and you find yourself captain of a team of five struggling to survive. What would you team be called and which wrestlers past or present would you have on your team?

Bonus points if you announce your team in Vince McMahon hype voice.

• Locked thread