Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

urk the quack posted:

Looks like the Dead Authors Podcast is starting up again!

A new one drops on the 15th, with Jeremy Carter from Superego as Joseph Campbell

PFT and the Superego guys have really good chemistry so I think this is gonna be a great episode. I'm curious to see where Jeremy Carter goes with Joseph Campbell.

e: I really want Carter to yell at PFT "SHUT UP BILL MOYERS!" but I suppose asking someone I've never met to know about my own personal injokes is a bit too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Sorry not sorry to double post but the new Todd Glass Show is amazing. Jen Kirkman is the best Todd Glass Show guest.

I hope there's a Jen Kirkman and James Adomian ep sometime. That PFT/Kirkman ep was great and I think she'd work well with Adomian too.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
The Todd Glass show is hit or miss for me but when it hits it's my favorite podcast.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Al! posted:

The Todd Glass show is hit or miss for me but when it hits it's my favorite podcast.

It's the only podcast that has regularly improved my day when I listen to it, although for some reason Jen Kirkman's podcast leaves me in a good mood, too. I miss Rory being on as frequently as he used to.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Speaking of TGS, can anyone remember which episode ended with the Henry Phillipps Happy Song Yeah Yeah Yeah singalong?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I loved that the Rory Scovel episode was bitsville the whole episode.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Hahah, the Bone Zone just keeps coming with the heat. That phone sex call at the end of the latest episode (#91). "We'll flip a coin for it. Get your change jar." "We both just gaz'd"
They do it again on the latest show (#93) for like 15 minutes, they give the lady a lie detector test over the phone ("What are you wearing?" "Oh, some sexy lingiere..." *BZZZZZZTT*) Brendon's gotta be in about $100 for phone sex charges at this point, but it's money well spent.

Melissa Villasenor is back on this one, she's one of their best guests.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://www.eff.org/press/releases/eff-files-challenge-patent-office-against-trolls-podcasting-patent

The EFF has officially challenged Personal Audio's patent trolling bullshit.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Politicalrancor posted:

I loved that the Rory Scovel episode was bitsville the whole episode.

NOW YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CHICKEN LEFT

Unfortunately it looks like our string of good TGS's is up, Tom Martin back again today.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I just got this tweet about my podcast.

I appreciate it but... whoa... thats a lot of listening...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

King Lou posted:

I've binged on a few shows before, but 8 hours of yours would leave me in a pretty dark place.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I wonder how Sir Poofington got their knighthood.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A lot of smoke and mirrors.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

King Lou posted:

I listened to an absurd amount last summer when I was doing other stuff.

[e] The 'nice guy' episode was one of the only ones that genuinely disturbed me.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well, Lou, I've listened to the first two episodes and I'm already queasy. But I'll try and keep listening.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Beeez posted:

Well, Lou, I've listened to the first two episodes and I'm already queasy. But I'll try and keep listening.

I appreciate it but don't hurt yourself.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Sorry not sorry to double post but the new Todd Glass Show is amazing. Jen Kirkman is the best Todd Glass Show guest.

I hope there's a Jen Kirkman and James Adomian ep sometime. That PFT/Kirkman ep was great and I think she'd work well with Adomian too.

Jason Mantzoukas as Plato NEEDS to drop. Been wanting to check it out ever since I saw the picture of Jason in a toga.

Also, anybody listening to Danny Lobell's Modern Day Philosophers?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The latest Walking The Room with Brian Posehn was really good.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
New Dead Authors Podcast dropped today, with Chris Tallman as Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Looks like PFT is updating the podcast regularly now, so I'll quit cluttering up the thread.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 22, 2013

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sandweed posted:

The latest Walking The Room with Brian Posehn was really good.

Yes it was. Live episodes of WTR are always good, though.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

urk the quack posted:

New Dead Authors Podcast dropped today, with Chris Tallman as Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Looks like PFT is updating the podcast regularly now, so I'll quit cluttering up the thread.
#gently caress

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Chris Hardwick's new show @midnight is both kinda funny and has guests who are pretty much all comedy podcast regulars: Doug Benson, Andy Daly and Kumail so far, Adomian later this week. At the very least, it's not too Hardwicky and has some opportunity for the comedians to be actually funny, which a lot of panel shows seem to forget these days.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

GraPar posted:

Chris Hardwick's new show @midnight is both kinda funny and has guests who are pretty much all comedy podcast regulars: Doug Benson, Andy Daly and Kumail so far, Adomian later this week. At the very least, it's not too Hardwicky and has some opportunity for the comedians to be actually funny, which a lot of panel shows seem to forget these days.

I forgot how much I like Hardwick as a game show host, but man I don't know what I'm going to do when this and The Pete Holmes Show are running in the same timeslot.

You can see other upcoming guests (and get tickets) at http://bit.ly/atmidnight. I am pretty darn excited for the Scott Aukerman/Matt Besser episode next week.

Spraynard Kruger fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 23, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Those are some drat good guests coming up on @midnight. Really looking forward to Pete Holmes show too - here's his first few weeks of guests, also looking great. Probably most notably Deepak Chopra, which has the potential to be one of the weirdest/most new-age half hours of TV in history.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Michael Che in a few weeks? Nice.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea @midnight is fun, it's like if Tosh.0 wasn't run by an unfunny shock jock wannabe.

Wait or is that Web Soup.

Chris Hardwick stop doing internet making fun of shows this is what number three for him?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm okay with @midnight because I feel like the internety stuff is just there to give the comedians a jumping off point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea basically the stupid clips and all are just the prompts to let funny people make jokes, which is the best way to do it.

#butt

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I haven't seen @midnight yet, but it's sure made going on Twitter during the time it airs unbearable this week. Just a whole lot of unfunny hashtag games like #badcereal

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
Oh, sounds like normal twitter to me.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Go Bayside is a podcast about Saved By The Bell that seems pretty good but more importantly had Paul F. Tompkins on the most recent episode and it's basically just him being brilliant for 2 solid hours.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

GraPar posted:

Go Bayside is a podcast about Saved By The Bell that seems pretty good but more importantly had Paul F. Tompkins on the most recent episode and it's basically just him being brilliant for 2 solid hours.

I like Go Bayside a lot. I watched Saved by the Bell with my sister growing up and I both loved it and hated it, so GB is a perfect nostalgia trip for me. PFT was obviously amazing, but lots of the guests have been great. Howard Kremer's latest episode was funny. Matt Belknap had a really good episode of SbtB to talk about. Dave Holmes is a fun guy to listen in on conversations with. April Richardson does a good job of getting a variety of people to talk about the show, with a good mix of people who loved it or hated it or barely even heard of it.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Wow, Go Bayside is great! I've listened to PFT, Dave Holmes (love him), and Jimmy Pardo's "I'm So Excited" episode so far and they're all hilarious.

I'm going to have to binge on the rest of these this week.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
The tumbr also has pictures of guests, such as this studious fellow:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8aG2CONcyY

You said to say whatever I want.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Just posted a new episode of Lou Reads. The topic? Did you know that wet dreams are caused by you being raped in your sleep by demons? Well you're pretty close to finding out!

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Something downloaded in the You Look Nice Today feed!!

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
:supaburn:

The Plato episode of the Dead Author's Podcast dropped today!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Sarah Silverman and Todd Glass are going to be on Getting Doug With High tomorrow. I cannot imagine a better thing happening ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Both of them at once? You wouldn't think Doug would need to burn off guests as he keeps on talking about the difficulty in booking that show.

Sneeing Emu posted:

:supaburn:

The Plato episode of the Dead Author's Podcast dropped today!

The crowd were NOT down for that Savile reference. Does anyone know who's playing Burroughs next week (hopefully).

• Locked thread